WvW Achievements

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Posted by: MAUS HOUS.8047

MAUS HOUS.8047

Hi there all, I am just here to ask if arenanet would severely tone down the achievement requirements for the WvW achievements, I mean 1 MILLION dolyak caravan kills and 25,000 stonemist castle captures?!?! you would need to kill over 200 dolyaks a day for 15 years to get that achievement, and I capture stonemist castle at most 8 times a week and thats a MASSIVE stretch, it’s usually only once or twice, these goals are just totally obsurd, the achievements for edge of the mist seem to be more in line with obtainable but still a challenge. I know these achievements are meant to span the whole lifetime of this game but come on! Nobody is going to kill 200 dolyaks a day, 365 days a year and still capture stonemist castle 50 times a week all in conjunction with each other! Not to mention they’re woth 50 achievement points each which if they we’re going to keep the milestones is just plain stupid. What do you guys think? and Anet??

Cheers.

Holla. At. Me.

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

It has been talked about before. A-net can not do anything about it. So they invented wvw season which give wvwers easier achievements. All of the wvw objective base achievements come from a pve point of view. Assuming you do not kill players and pvd doing the entire match. The only wvw achievement that is possible is the 250k kill one.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Devon posted more than a year ago that they’re aware of it and are working on it, so either he lied, they’re really slow, or whoever was working on it is no longer working on it. That or it’s such a complicated process that it’s taken them more than a year to do it.

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Cut some zeros. That’s really hard work right there.

[HUE]

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

As Kaos said, it’s on their radar, but obviously they’ve deemed it of low priority. However, given that they made the PvP ranks much easier to get, fully expect it to come in the future. (WHEN in the future is a whole different question.)

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Current achievements are only do x of that to get a reward.

For a competitive game mode like WvW competitive achievements would fit better
Here was a proposal for that https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/WvW-achievements-without-Season/4077952

I think they could even slightly change playstyle and with that add variance to matches, e.g. One week achievemts let people focus on dolyaks, others on defense and others on offense.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.6217

ryan.6217

Cut some zeros. That’s really hard work right there.

im bp too. that is all. i like running into other bp players on the internet.

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Coming up on two years since it was mentioned in Beta…. if they haven’t done anything about it by now…

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Posted by: TicTac.7068

TicTac.7068

I know that people have peaced out after reaching the 250 kill count. They need to get this updated. The kill count should have been the one that was unreachable.

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

They really should be fixing this sooner rather than later. They said a long time ago that they were working on it, but nothing ever happened. It’s really disheartening to know that, even though I’m in WvW nearly every day, a month will go by, I’ll glance at my WvW achievement tab, and almost no progress will be made on any of them.

They had to have been high when they came up with these numbers. They should be difficult to achieve, yes, but it shouldn’t take years of grinding to get one or two.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Posted by: MAUS HOUS.8047

MAUS HOUS.8047

It has been talked about before. A-net can not do anything about it.

I really hope this is not the case, did the devs say they DEFINATELY can’t do anything about it or is it just speculation due to the amount of time they have taken to fix this? I really hope they can fix it because I’m a big achievement hunter and their is no way in hell I will go for any of those, your right that the 250k kill tally is the only achievable one.

Holla. At. Me.

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

I really hope this is not the case, did the devs say they DEFINATELY can’t do anything about it or is it just speculation due to the amount of time they have taken to fix this? I really hope they can fix it because I’m a big achievement hunter and their is no way in hell I will go for any of those, your right that the 250k kill tally is the only achievable one.

They can do something about it, but they won’t.

Go take a look through the Dev tracker, to see how many posts ANet are making in each section of the game. See how long it takes you to find one related to WvW.

Go take a look through the patch notes for the last 6 months. Finding the WvW related stuff is like playing “Where’s Wally”.

I’m sorry to break it to you (no sarcasm, I genuinely am sorry), but if you’re new to WvW and excited about its potential, you’re in for some bitter disappointment.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

I’ve said it before, and I will repeat it here. We are aware of the problems with the WvW achievements and will be doing more to address them in the near future. Currently it is more complicated to solve the problems than I would like, which means we need to have a fully comprehensive solution before doing anything.

- the Dev post was 12 months ago.

If 12 months is out of the “near future” border, I don’t even want to know what the “is not a short term project” statement, which he dropped for the Commander tag functionality is.

(edited by Pavel.8531)

WvW Achievements

in WvW

yanniell.1236

It’s such poor management in customer relationship. Anet’s lucky is that there isn’t any other good RvR game available right now. But when that changes…

[HUE]

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They won’t do anything. It’s been 2 years and the achievements are still impossible to complete.

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Kaos.9162

It’s such poor management in customer relationship. Anet’s lucky is that there isn’t any other good RvR game available right now. But when that changes…

Well, as people frequently say on these forums they can’t give us an ETA because they’ll inevitably be off by a wide margin and people on the forums get kittened.

WvW Achievements

in WvW

yanniell.1236

We don’t even need an ETA. A simply “we are working on something we think you guys will like” would suffice.

[HUE]

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Yanniell but they are working on something we will like. Just it takes 10 or more years because they dont want to release anything that is not 200% complete and they want to release everything in one big update.
This way we will get GW3+GW4+GW5 with WvW updates in one bundle.

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

I’m just about to get my 1000th tower defense achievement now after almost 2 years, for 5 ap. To complete the achievement I only need 499010 more tower defenses. planning on being world first ultimate defender by mid 3012.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

(edited by Maskaganda.2043)

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Posted by: Alvain.7364

Alvain.7364

Soon™.

And if not “soon”™, then “working as intended”.

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

As stated above they are working on that, but as far as reducing the achievable goals, I like them. If they are to change them there still should be some extremely hard to reach goals out there, else they become meaningless. I think having sub-levels of those goals is a better solution. Go ahead and pass a title out for 100/1000/10000/100000/250000/500000/750000/1000000 levels versus bringing the levels down just so people can claim them for easier rewards. And I do understand, only 998109 more yaks to go.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

WvW Achievements

in WvW

Kaos.9162

Hey, at the rate I’ve been killing yaks, I’ll get my yakslapper title in a little under 500 years. It’s not that unreasonable.