WvW Ascended items

WvW Ascended items

in WvW

Posted by: Brack.6517

Brack.6517

Q:

When will we get WvW Ascended items?

Its turning into quite a big deal if you want to stay maxxed in WvW.
Originally you could hit 80 do some dungeons / buy some exotics and go into WvW and enjoy the end game.

Now especially if you solo or even if you just want to have the best gear available this game is becoming more and more of a grind outside of WvW.

Its even worse if you are in a small guild and have multiple characters!
(Guild missions are capped per week and laurels are limited – neither of which can be totally or in 1 case partially completed in WvW)

I’ll stop now with the reasonings as I could go on forever but when will we be able to play WvW and get ascended gear?!

WvW Ascended items

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

I remember something about being told that if all I wanted to do was WvW I could and would have the same benefits as someone who only plays PvE. Now I understand I will never get a legendary, because that is a PvE only thing apparently. However, I should have access to the same stats as the best gear in the game, which is ascended gear right now. There are only 2 ways to get that kind of gear that I know of, and neither are solely obtainable in WvW.
I don’t care about looks, I just want the stats.

WvW Ascended items

in WvW

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

I think they have stated that it will be released. Probably in the next monthly patch. I don’t know where I read it so I don’t have the source.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

WvW Ascended items

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

that’s because a-net is half-assing it and throwing in little chunks at a time for this gear. Heck it all started with fractals where to increase your fractal level you needed that gear and they haven’t even implement the new gear in them yet.

WvW Ascended items

in WvW

Posted by: Larosh.1605

Larosh.1605

You can already easily complete the daily quests while in WvW and use the laurels to buy any piece of ascended gear you want.

That’s how I did and everyone else has been doing it.

If you’re waiting for a solution to instantly get all the gear you need for all of your characters like you do with karma exotics, I think you will wait forever.
Also the PvE people doing fractals every day have to wait weeks for every piece of their gear.

WvW Ascended items

in WvW

Brack.6517

You can easily finish the daily yes but if you didn’t do fractals your looking at years to finish a char with dailies and monthlies. Don’t even start with multiple chars as the daily is account bound

As it stands I’ve finished ascended rings and backs on 2 chars but I mean why are they adding Ascended gear only in pve without even adding rings or something to wvw.

It hardly takes weeks to get an item in fractals. You can run 10,20 etc once a day per char and have a ring drop or get 10 tokens.

If they use wvw tokens for gear as you do now it’ll take weeks for some to get 1 item but at least the option would be there

WvW Ascended items

in WvW

Posted by: Sombike.6291

Sombike.6291

You can already easily complete the daily quests while in WvW and use the laurels to buy any piece of ascended gear you want.

That’s how I did and everyone else has been doing it.

If you’re waiting for a solution to instantly get all the gear you need for all of your characters like you do with karma exotics, I think you will wait forever.
Also the PvE people doing fractals every day have to wait weeks for every piece of their gear.

You know that it takes 2 months and 10 days to get ONE ascended ring doing the laurel waiting game?

LeBlop – [Dius] – Necromancer

WvW Ascended items

in WvW

Posted by: Farout.8207

Farout.8207

It is becoming pretty obvious that the WvW players are a very low priority. I see the population getting smaller every day. It is a sad thing too since it is the only reason I play this game.

~ Cleetus

WvW Ascended items

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

You know that it takes 2 months and 10 days to get ONE ascended ring doing the laurel waiting game?

Do you mean two rings?

Rings are 35 Laurels each. 2 months + 10 days = ~70 Laurels

[AoN] All or Nothing

WvW Ascended items

in WvW

Sombike.6291

Do you mean two rings?

Afaik you get 10 for monthly, not 30 …

WvW Ascended items

in WvW

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

fotm daily lv 26 (~45 mins), WvW For the rest of day (finish your daily).

GG.

WvW Ascended items

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Do you mean two rings?

Dailies?

[AoN] All or Nothing

WvW Ascended items

in WvW

Sombike.6291

Do you mean two rings?

Dailies?

I got an F in math when i attended first grade

WvW Ascended items

in WvW

Posted by: Edragor.9164

Edragor.9164

I dont like AC gear at all
…cuz you cant craft it
…or at least earn via WvW badges
…, but it pushes the stat/power ceiling.

For my WvW play i still focus on exotics, because I like to change my builds at least once in a while…or to counter some FOTM builds
…currently ACG stat increase is not that drastic with only 3 slots, still, it feels like missing out bufffood.

And in future ACG WILL impact my WvW experience, because cant afford to go for multiple ACG sets, nor twinks (not even by laurels).
The fewer the choices (classes/builds) get to “dable/play around with in pvp”, the less interessting the pvp/WvW will become for me…

My suggestion:
Agony system fine.
BUT NO STAT INCREASE

…go for more diverse exotics and balance existing ones (Givers set & MF could need some love imho…)

WvW Ascended items

in WvW

Brack.6517

Its 6 Ascended items now. Back piece, both rings, both earrings and amulet