WvW Awesome Balance

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

Note im not complaining about thieves, they fold like paper in a 1v1 or any normal fight where you dont get jumped with everything on CD .

But this is what WvW balance has evolved into. Cant Wait till full ascended armor and weapons are in the game! then PVP WILL COME TO LIFE

3300 armor, 14k+ burst in a second and a half. Makes sense nod

Attachments:

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

(edited by CrassBippy.4619)

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: WIGZ.8245

WIGZ.8245

Pretty much a stealth loving full-berserker thief that can only really do what you posted and nothing else. Worthless everywhere else in the game. No idea what can be done since stealth = can’t be jumped/targetted ahead of time, they just appear when necessary. Too bad the entirety of the 1v1 type community still thinks this is somehow ok…

I pretty much gave up on Toughness/Armor being a complete counter to Berserker stats.

[BT] Wigz – Blackgate – 80 Engineer & Warrior
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

CrassBippy.4619

Its not a thief post, its a general everyone does way too much damage post. Crit Dmg should have been capped at like 80% or something.

Ascended armor is just giving people more and more dmg…. its silly and is just going to slowly get worse unless they redo everything for an exp pack and rebalance things

Im built tanky, and can still just murder people with 6k crits…. soooo ya

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

(edited by CrassBippy.4619)

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: JaeKeun.5680

JaeKeun.5680

Its not a thief post, its a general everyone does way too much damage post. Crit Dmg should have been capped at like 80% or something.

Ascended armor is just giving people more and more dmg…. its silly and is just going to slowly get worse unless they redo everything for an exp pack and rebalance things

Im built tanky, and can still just murder people with 6k crits…. soooo ya

This. You don’t need berserker stuff to deal high damage.

Shadow Arts for example, a purely “defensive” trait line lets you maintain 10-12 stacks of Might by yourself. That is 350+ power, equal to putting 30 points into Dagger Mastery, a purely offensive trait line.

Some gear compositions and trait lines are broken in this game. I just hope Arena Net realizes and fixes them.

Attachments:

Eon Ruby – Thief | Casaedrea – Elementalist
Die unendlichen Weiten, das Unbekannte; das Wilde.
Ehmry Bay.

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

But but…this is Burst Wars 2.

On a serious note, yes they made damage > everything else and some classes are capable of crazy amount of burst. Why make a game where it’s even possible for player to die before they can react?

/shrug :|

Whispers with meat.

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

CrassBippy.4619

What sucks is its just going to get worse as time goes on.

just ascended jewelry gives an extra 10% Crit Dmg + other stats. (maybe 9, id have to double check).

which was already super unnecessary in WVW

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: buttski.6135

buttski.6135

a wild random scrub appears!
wild random scrub uses arranged screenshot!
it’s not very effective.

A day without blood is a day without sunshine.
Desolation

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

Maybe next time instead of shooting the PET twice, you should try dodging.

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

Oh noes! a 5k and 8k crit that can both be easily dodged

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: Hostility.4961

Hostility.4961

Been hit 5ks heartseeker dmg on 3900 armor test on my warrior with a shield on. Dunno what the thief was using. Didnt manage to take screenshot cause a zerg passed by and i had to get away from 50 ppl. Wich i handeld allot easier than the lone thief from before lol.

Unless you have protection 33% up + somethin like guardians signet 10% that toughness past 2625 is nothing. Even with this my guardian melts to thiefs unless im timing my dodges. Wich are endless *sarcasm

Burst wars 2 and Ac Wars 2 is what we playing lately.

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: BossFi.6917

BossFi.6917

Easy fix…. just ban food buffs in WvW.

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

easy fix, re-roll that same class and abuse it till they nerf it

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

easy fix, re-roll that same class and abuse it till they nerf it

on t7 there teams of 5 or 6 thief and necros boon rippers, with some d/d eles mixtured, what else is needed?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: HeliaXDemoN.1208

HeliaXDemoN.1208

Man, its pure fun. Lost 2/3 of your life stantly is why I play WvW, only for feel the danger in my blood.

NOPE

Attachments:

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Even though I never played a confusion-focused build, I can’t resist pointing out that confusion used to be a good counter to pure zerker builds, especially thieves.

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Maybe next time instead of shooting the PET twice, you should try dodging.

Maybe you should realize that the 2-3 dodges OP did weren’t shown in the combat log… neither are misses, conditions, blocks, etc… and since you already know what the beast was that OP was most likely fighting, you know that they can be just as dangerous in a tank/troll thief build as the actual player themselves.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

lunyboy.8672

Even though I never played a confusion-focused build, I can’t resist pointing out that confusion used to be a good counter to pure zerker builds, especially thieves.

I have never found confusion to be that effective, even with pry bar/ static shot, simply because any reasonable build has condition removal on stealth, allowing for a doubly dangerous counter to any serious condition application.

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: therealjaypo.1690

therealjaypo.1690

Man, its pure fun. Lost 2/3 of your life stantly is why I play WvW, only for feel the danger in my blood.

NOPE

Only 19.9k on an Engineer?
You’re doing it wrong.

[SG] I’m here because I was in the comic book

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: HeliaXDemoN.1208

HeliaXDemoN.1208

NOPE

You’re doing it wrong.

25+ life and no armor is worse for me. This 5k can be 8k without armor. ;p

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I have never found confusion to be that effective, even with pry bar/ static shot, simply because any reasonable build has condition removal on stealth, allowing for a doubly dangerous counter to any serious condition application.

I wasn’t being completely serious. I don’t even think confusion builds on engineers were ever that great. The only reason I couldn’t resist pointing it out is that the OP was also one of the most vocal advocates of the 50% confusion nerf.

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Too many people play bunker already. Apparently people coming from other mmos think that having armor means you can face tank. Guild Wars has never been like that, it’s all about active defence. Armor is there to just control the damage you “have to take”.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

lunyboy.8672

NOPE

You’re doing it wrong.

18.5k here, I stomp thieves on the regular. Speak for yourself.

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I hate (good) engineers on my thief. Without kiting forever, some can be dang near unkillable.

Side tangent: How many of these arguments would be null and void if anet provided a full combat log instead of the atrocity we have? I’ve had complete battles that show no damage to me, and yet here I am, quite dead indeed.

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

CrassBippy.4619

Odd how some peoole assume I’m “bad”. Aka dodge. Yiure welcome to Come duel me on YB and we can put that to rest

this thread is about all characters damage. At the moment its pretty out of whack. and we have been promised full ascended gear too. dmg scales the largest, armor and heal power do nit. Should we all just glass cannon then? Is that intended?

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

lunyboy.8672

I hate (good) engineers on my thief. Without kiting forever, some can be dang near unkillable.

Side tangent: How many of these arguments would be null and void if anet provided a full combat log instead of the atrocity we have? I’ve had complete battles that show no damage to me, and yet here I am, quite dead indeed.

That would be too powerful, then people would have the information they needed for a DPS meter. Or Lyssa forbid, you would have to provide screen shots of your 100 Blades damage against bosses to get CoF runs…

/sarcasm

You are 100% correct. With the information regarding ALL combat, we could replay fights and be able to deconstruct not only other professions, but our responses to them, and judge them for effectiveness.

And yes, a good engie doesn’t even need to be all that bunker to be hard to kill, fighting thieves in WvW made me start looking at the combat system in general, decide what the weaknesses were (examining the sPvP splits is a HUGE hint) and reconfigure accordingly. If it hadn’t been for you guys in WvW, I wouldn’t be nearly a proficient in PvE content as well as sPvP.

So thanks

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

I don’t understand how these guykitten so hard. I’m a valkyrie/berserker thief with 3k power, 110% critical damage and my backstabkitten only for 8k max on level 80 glas cannons. On your armor I’d do around 4k. My heartseekers barely reach over 3k on bunkers. If anything, I feel bunkers are too strong sometimes.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

lunyboy.8672

I don’t understand how these guykitten so hard. I’m a valkyrie/berserker thief with 3k power, 110% critical damage and my backstabkitten only for 8k max on level 80 glas cannons. On your armor I’d do around 4k. My heartseekers barely reach over 3k on bunkers. If anything, I feel bunkers are too strong sometimes.

Extended Potion of Invader Slaying.

WvW Awesome Balance

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I don’t understand how these guykitten so hard. I’m a valkyrie/berserker thief with 3k power, 110% critical damage and my backstabkitten only for 8k max on level 80 glas cannons.

That was what I said for a while, but if you take the assassin’s signet (180 power) and full power sigil stacks (250) + 5% sigil of force, +10% from scholar runes…..