WvW Balance Issues - 2 Reasons

in WvW

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

The 2 reasons why WvW profession balance is imbalanced:

Reason#1 – Food
Some food is too powerful. +40% condition duration food should only be +10% condition duration (like sigil of malice) and the useless +15% specific condition duration food should be +20% duration (like sigils such as sigil of smoldering).

There are very few issues beyond condition duration food.

Reason#2 – Stat Mixing
The ability to mix stats together totally destroyed any possibility to actually balance WvW combat. This should be the same as SPvP where you have a single stat combination. A lot of people would cry :‘’’( QQQQ because they are no longer god mode and they can’t play anything remotely skill based, but it would be healthy for the game. (Will never happen though)

Being able to mix stats basically gives you a superior version of celestial.

Every fight a full berserker warrior? They are balanced and can be killed.

Personally, I don’t mix stats at all because I feel that it hinders you in SPvP because you get used to playing a build that doesn’t exist there.

Those are the 2 reasons why WvW profession balance is imbalanced.

(edited by Zefrost.3425)

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

This thread again…

for starters, For each +40% food, there is a -40% food, so the foods are not the issue. They’re expensive, so people don’t just waste this food.

Stat mixing is what makes WvW interesting. You’re not limited by the PvP amulets and you can get the stats that you’re looking for that perfectly fit how you play.

I’ve seen incredible builds that come out of WvW that simply cannot be done in PvP with the standardized format. Just because a build is strong because of min-maxing, does not mean that it’s indestructible. EVERY build has a weakness, and just because other players have vested more careful thought into their stat spread and they beat you, does not mean that it’s “destroying the possibility of balanced WvW combat”

With standardized builds it would be much more difficult for smaller zergs to stand up to larger zergs, and the Karma train would reign eternal.

in WvW

Posted by: Zimmy.4726

Zimmy.4726

this is idiotic lol i just laughed at this post due to the fact that WvW is not suppost to be balanced its place of freedom dont even attempt to change it

in WvW

Posted by: therealjaypo.1690

therealjaypo.1690

TL;DR: I do well at sPvP but got schooled in WvW. Please further limit build diversity kthxbai.

[SG] I’m here because I was in the comic book

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

This thread again…

for starters, For each +40% food, there is a -40% food, so the foods are not the issue. They’re expensive, so people don’t just waste this food.

1. I’ve never seen this issue on the forum before.
  2. +40% doesn’t make sense because everybody HAS to run -40% to counter it. That’s why every guild is running mostly -40% condition duration. Do you have an interest in the Lemongrass Poultry Soup industry, perchance? Come on, full disclosure please!

I think the OP has put forward some very convincing arguments that should be acted upon (though I’m not holding my breath).

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

This thread again…

1. I’ve never seen this issue on the forum before.
  2. +40% doesn’t make sense because everybody HAS to run -40% to counter it. That’s why every guild is running mostly -40% condition duration. Do you have an interest in the Lemongrass Poultry Soup industry, perchance? Come on, full disclosure please!

I think the OP has put forward some very convincing arguments that should be acted upon (though I’m not holding my breath).

No, i dont have any invested interests in the poultry soup industry. But i do buy into it. -36% food works just fine, and is much more affordable.

This has been discussed many, many times on these forums. It’s normally referred to as the “Power creep” or in this case “condition creep” from the cumulative effect of guard stacks, foods, and mixed-stats.

He hasnt made a convincing argument, what he’s suggested would literally be the end of anything really competitive and diverse about WvW. Every build has weaknesses. Even those kitten annoying +40 condition duration engineers. Try CC on those condi kittens. They normally dont’ have many stunbreaks.

Why should players who meticulously craft builds for WvW be nerfed? They spend a good deal of time and effort creating a build, like this, non celestial D/D ele that will rip your face off.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJAoYlcMozhVOwwBMsNwDgQ+XsdiCUuaynA-T1yHABCpERM9AOpEsHlGEqSwQKjG4EAsnqC+pGDAPAAR2fIAACwNbzAYoDdoDdoDtbezbuclrcSBwkyI-w

Put some actual time and effort into your build. Look at the stats, check the numbers, play with trinkets, and duel people with different play styles to find the gaping holes in your build.

(edited by Hamster.4861)

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

ARE YOU DOUBTING THE HOLY MANGO PIE TRAY YOU FILTHY PEASANT. No seriously tho food is what separates crappy players from good players. And fine i wont mix my stats I will continue running full assassin on my ele and laugh as you get hit for 6k by meteor while glyph of storms (lighting) is still going and hitting you for 3k per zap then ill ice bow to keep up the heat to kill the rest of your party in my unmixed gear. Good luck killing my horribly squishy kitten tho sigil of restoration is going off like a broken alarm with all the people I am slaughtering. OH look ice bow is off CD already once I wreck their face in with this maybe ill pull out a charzooka. ooooooh lava font. God you would be LUCKY if I was to mix my stats up a bit. Stop kittening and learn to bring death down on the enemies after all your perfectly welcome to build to be just as broken as they are so whats the problem? When its all over and everything is broken nothing will be

in WvW

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

ARE YOU DOUBTING THE HOLY MANGO PIE TRAY YOU FILTHY PEASANT. No seriously tho food is what separates crappy players from good players. And fine i wont mix my stats I will continue running full assassin on my ele and laugh as you get hit for 6k by meteor while glyph of storms (lighting) is still going and hitting you for 3k per zap then ill ice bow to keep up the heat to kill the rest of your party in my unmixed gear. Good luck killing my horribly squishy kitten tho sigil of restoration is going off like a broken alarm with all the people I am slaughtering. OH look ice bow is off CD already once I wreck their face in with this maybe ill pull out a charzooka. ooooooh lava font. God you would be LUCKY if I was to mix my stats up a bit. Stop kittening and learn to bring death down on the enemies after all your perfectly welcome to build to be just as broken as they are so whats the problem? When its all over and everything is broken nothing will be

0.o

((standing ovation)))

in WvW

Posted by: Quednau.7390

Quednau.7390

The reason I don’t PvP is because I cant play with my build like I do in WvW.. I think stat mixing is what makes every player different. I like seeing players with a mix of armor other than the cookie cutter builds of Knights/Soldiers/Zerker ect. Its fun using a little bit of this and that, why limit us to pick one?

Darkhaven
[Qrew] Leader
Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Some people say in large groups +40% food is useless cause there is so much cleansing going on (or should be). Now roaming on the other hand, just check the persons food and choose your fights.

Seems to be lots of posts in the wvw forums lately that keep bringing PVP into the discussions. That game mode already exists and if you want that type of play then go to pvp!

Since we on the pvp topic in wvw forum, why not add hammers to each keep that can shoot lasers at players attacking any of our towers… haha just kidding.. don’t do it anet

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)