WvW Battleground

WvW Battleground

in WvW

Posted by: Mirkava.8526

Mirkava.8526

Heya guys

So i have this idea that i’d like to share with you, I don’t know how good or bad it is, but your opinions are appreciated.

like the title say, introducing a GvG battleground somewhere in EB map, or a map on its own in the WvW, how this GvG battleground works?
-different types of objectives similar somehow to PvP (capture places, or just normal fights open field, many ideas can be introduced here)
- it is a 20 v 20 or 15 v 15 or 10 v 10 battle ground for guild vs guild fair fight.
- your guild can fight with each different guild requesting a fight once a week for high rewards for the guild and the members.

it is a fair 20v20 or 10v10 fight, guild members can experience their builds, and how they should run, the battleground wont affect the actual WvW since the fight has a time limit, and the guild can fight with one other guild once a week, instead it will boost the normal WvW, since players will be more skilled and experienced, and it might attract PvPers or even PvErs for the rewards and the fun of it. that will remove the idea of GvGing in wvw, we start seeing more big blobs fun, more commanders training, and i think it might revive the WvW.
what do you think ?

(edited by Mirkava.8526)

WvW Battleground

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

WvW Battleground

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

WvW Battleground

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

What you want is a mega server WvW map with a sPvP ladder system so that all guilds in NA can compete with each other. Same for EU and China.

I doubt this will make WvW better, because I was in a large WvW guild that had a small set of players that wanted to GvG. It tore the guild apart as you had players that had different goals. What this might do is pull all the experienced/elite/veteran players away from WvW.

WvW Battleground

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

What you want is a mega server WvW map with a sPvP ladder system so that all guilds in NA can compete with each other. Same for EU and China.

I doubt this will make WvW better, because I was in a large WvW guild that had a small set of players that wanted to GvG. It tore the guild apart as you had players that had different goals. What this might do is pull all the experienced/elite/veteran players away from WvW.

I think it would be good for the game. It’s give alot of WvWers who moved to ESO and BDO a reason check out GW2 again. Current system of WvW will just continue to bleed out players. However GvG battlegrounds will breath new life into GW2.

Why do you think ESO is launching Battlegrounds in June out of nowhere. Because they know how much players playing ESO and other games like the idea. If ESO launches battlegrounds and it becomes a serious thing. GW2 might actual be in trouble for the first time since it came out.

I think ANet should not miss on this opportunity. Unless ANet just don’t have the resources to do it. If that is the case. Then kitten because I’m pretty sure that the RoI for GvG battlegrounds would be super high. Maybe ANet can even do a quick kickstarter project to get funding.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

WvW Battleground

in WvW

Mirkava.8526

I took that into consideration, since your guild can fight with everyother guild once a week only, and for a limited time or untill fulfilling the objective, that way it wont take a lot of time, they are doing long daily raids in WvW anyway. so let the GvG for the battleground at certain times, and let the big blobs free fun run stay in the actual WvW

WvW Battleground

in WvW

Posted by: noot.8641

noot.8641

What this game needs are battlegrounds (10v10) with diff game modes, look at the elder scrolls online, the game concept was kinda the same as gw2 when they launched (wvw, no bg’s) well theyre gonna ad bg’s now (me so jelly)

WvW Battleground

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I took that into consideration, since your guild can fight with everyother guild once a week only, and for a limited time or untill fulfilling the objective, that way it wont take a lot of time, they are doing long daily raids in WvW anyway. so let the GvG for the battleground at certain times, and let the big blobs free fun run stay in the actual WvW

The tension that broke apart the guild happened during the raids, as the GvG part wanted to be separate so they could practice for their GvG. Eventually it turned into the elites vs. the scrubs and we lost one of our commanders over it.

WvW Battleground

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

GVG 10v, 15v, 20v, are not going to take off unless there’s a ranking system to go with it. If you’re doing it just for the hell of it, the OS arena is still around. A lot of hardcore gvg guilds have already left the game anyways.

it is a fair 20v20 or 10v10 fight, guild members can experience their builds, and how they should run, the battleground wont affect the actual WvW since the fight has a time limit, and the guild can fight with one other guild once a week,

instead it will boost the normal WvW
since players will be more skilled and experienced
and it might attract PvPers or even PvErs for the rewards and the fun of it.
that will remove the idea of GvGing in wvw
we start seeing more big blobs fun
more commanders training
and i think it might revive the WvW.

I don’t quite get this train of thought.
You basically want gvg guilds to move to a private battleground to do battles.

Then you think players will be more skilled and experienced from this(gvg or pugs?), gvg fight players usually are more skilled than the average pug player anyways, pugs won’t be trained unless they are smart enough to train themselves from experience like the good roamers, or get on ts and train with a guild. Not like this hasn’t already been happening from day one anyways.

Spvp and pve players will not really be attracted to this for the reward unless it’s a legendary, because of what they would need to do in order to achieve that reward, join a gvg guild which will be strict on the levels of raids in order to win. Hard enough just trying to get pve players to try regular wvw in general, now you want to place them with the more hardcore wvw players?.

Memo on blobs, a lot of organized players are not looking for that these days, it’s why t1 is in the crisis it’s in right now, most of those gvg type guilds are looking for 15-25 fights.

Commander training happens if guilds find someone to do them with, most guilds barely run a second commander, most times it comes down to the guild leader who’s the main commander that everyone follows. Doubt any servers does open training for commanders anymore either. Sometimes it’s a wasted effort when you help train someone for weeks and then they take off to another server or leave the game thereafter.

I do think battlegrounds would be a good addition, just don’t think specifically for guilds is necessary.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

WvW Battleground

in WvW

Mirkava.8526

GVG 10v, 15v, 20v, are not going to take off unless there’s a ranking system to go with it. If you’re doing it just for the hell of it, the OS arena is still around. A lot of hardcore gvg guilds have already left the game anyways.

it is a fair 20v20 or 10v10 fight, guild members can experience their builds, and how they should run, the battleground wont affect the actual WvW since the fight has a time limit, and the guild can fight with one other guild once a week,

instead it will boost the normal WvW
since players will be more skilled and experienced
and it might attract PvPers or even PvErs for the rewards and the fun of it.
that will remove the idea of GvGing in wvw
we start seeing more big blobs fun
more commanders training
and i think it might revive the WvW.

I don’t quite get this train of thought.
You basically want gvg guilds to move to a private battleground to do battles.

Then you think players will be more skilled and experienced from this(gvg or pugs?), gvg fight players usually are more skilled than the average pug player anyways, pugs won’t be trained unless they are smart enough to train themselves from experience like the good roamers, or get on ts and train with a guild. Not like this hasn’t already been happening from day one anyways.

Spvp and pve players will not really be attracted to this for the reward unless it’s a legendary, because of what they would need to do in order to achieve that reward, join a gvg guild which will be strict on the levels of raids in order to win. Hard enough just trying to get pve players to try regular wvw in general, now you want to place them with the more hardcore wvw players?.

Memo on blobs, a lot of organized players are not looking for that these days, it’s why t1 is in the crisis it’s in right now, most of those gvg type guilds are looking for 15-25 fights.

Commander training happens if guilds find someone to do them with, most guilds barely run a second commander, most times it comes down to the guild leader who’s the main commander that everyone follows. Doubt any servers does open training for commanders anymore either. Sometimes it’s a wasted effort when you help train someone for weeks and then they take off to another server or leave the game thereafter.

I do think battlegrounds would be a good addition, just don’t think specifically for guilds is necessary.

thats why i said those battlegrounds are limited with how many fights you can do, (you can’t fight the same guild more than once a week) , and the fight time is limited aswell. so you cant as a guild spend your daily playtime doing GvG battleground.
and since the rewards from these battleground ranking is big and nice, people will be motivated to go into those battlegrounds and ranking system, learning new builds, thinking about new combinations and fights, even pvers and pvpers will be intrested, forming new guilds, and old guilds try to grow and get better.
when you spend an hour per day in the battleground what are u gonna do with the rest of your time? go to the open WvW field following an open raid, and have fun. (more players)

all those players doing the battlegrounds will be more skilled, experience new builds and stuff, which helps a lot.

the time limit and the amount you can do battlegrounds per week will not affect the actual WvW.

Do you know how many Pvers hates WvW, a lot of them didnt even try it, and some tried it with a wrong build, and got their kitten pawned by a perma invis theif, or a platinum warrior many times, so he decided to never step their again lol.
lets show them the fun of it.

nb: an open free battleground will definetly kill WvW for good. it has to be limited

(edited by Mirkava.8526)

WvW Battleground

in WvW

Posted by: jway.8293

jway.8293

Ditch WvW n go for WoW styled 40vs40 (or whatever controlled team size) battlegrounds…only those interested join the fun. since there’s always the concern for time zones and player interest, causing outnumbered, unfair matches. Yes, some do enjoy being outnumbered and see that as challenges, but I doubt they are the majority. the mega server idea forms mega blobs, except their sizes now greatly varies. If there can be some sort of game mode between the match scales of (s)PvP and WvW. I hate having to wait for queue and prematch countdown in PvP and the constant unfair match in WvW; Just wanna get into a fair game asap.

yes, GvG skirmishes sounds fun. But if that can be further extended to welcome people from different guilds, again, in a controlled environment where outnumber won’t be an issue.