WvW Boosters from People

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I’m convinced whoever in is charge of wvw and it’s development just chooses to do the exact opposite of what we ask for.

For those too lazy to find the huge wvw patch notes (lol):

World vs. World
Consumable WXP items have been added to player loot bags in WvW, in values up to 25,000 WXP. These items are account bound.
WXP boosters no longer affect WXP consumable items.
World 1 Super Boom Box and World 2 Super Boom Box can now be used in WvW. They will automatically be de-equipped if the carrier takes damage.
A consumable item that grants 5,000 WXP is now available from the laurel vendor in WvW.
World rank bonus chests will now be awarded to all players on a server based on the results of WvW matches. Three chests will be awarded for 1^st^ place, two chests for 2^nd^ place, and one chest for 3^rd^ place.
World rank bonus chests are now account bound.
Eternal Battlegrounds: Fixed an issue that allowed players to use movement skills to bypass upgraded walls at Red Keep and Green Keep

Why do we need 25k wexp dropping from players? That’s five levels in one go, which just encourages MORE zerg play and which rewards the server with the most players, leading to even greater rank imbalance.

Does it fix the ‘char bound vs account bound’ ranks? Nope- makes it even worse, as now the solo main player will get even further ahead.

Boom Box usable in wvw – who really gives $**$^$^ about that $^$^£6??? Seriously, you wasted dev time on that?

One rank box available from laurel vendor- no doubt it costs either laurels or laurels and cash, so again time gated rubbish and also much worse on alt playing people than the solo ‘I got all my ascended rings etc’.

World rank boxes for EVERYONE on a server? Obviously too hard to work out who had actually worked for the reward so a blanket reward for all the pve’rs that never even stepped into wvw.

Yay, a bug was fixed.

Time to give up upgrading anything, or defending anything, grab your ‘this toon tags everything’ character and run around in a 80 man zerg running into another 80 man zerg to maximise bags and hence the chance at wvw wexp loot.

Better yet, grab your guild, organise with another guild on the ‘enemy’ server and just stand and be slaughtered by them, res up, now it’;s your turn, and continue until you are all rank 10,000.

Seriously bad ideas that the devs come up with are getting worse in wvw.

Lower tier servers will now have no fun at all in the forthcoming leagues- the opposition will come along with their 150 extra all stats, 250 vit boost, 100 damage boost and even if you can muster similar numbers, if you are equally skilled you’re stuffed by the boosts which they got by being able to zerg blob their way through the ranks.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I totally agree on the boom box kitten, who cares! and really up to 25k wxp from player kills? now the wxp zombie train will only get bigger and those few people trying to defend/upgrade will get kittened over more and more, GG anet breaking your game each patch

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Dark times for solo roamers
Will be hunted “because it may drop me 5 rank ups” x_x

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Dark times for solo roamers
Will be hunted “because it may drop me 5 rank ups” x_x

Yup, I would assume those random times the zerg runs right by you because they have something better to do are over.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: ich.7086

ich.7086

Is the bug at NW tower in BL fixed ?

I Am An Intruder – War 80
Ich Bin Marc – Thief 80
All Your Dolyaks Are Belong To [Us] (Fort Ranik)

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

how does it make the rank being per character even worse? the notes say the item is account bound, you can use it to rank up your alt…

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

how does it make the rank being per character even worse? the notes say the item is account bound, you can use it to rank up your alt…

At the expense of not ranking up your main. There is no net gain from using it on an alt.

Really, I’m not finding these attempts at making WvW more alt-friendly to be very convincing. They’re just… More WXP. No fundamental changes to how WXP will work, just more of it.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Every single WvWvW update in past 5 months have benefited the server with the best coverage. Even more power, rewards and buffs to the winner. When will this madness end?

I guess the original idea for the BL ruins and bloodlust was that it would benefit small scale play and “force” to split zergs (LOL), but the developers didn’t understand that the seriously outnumbered servers will be at huge disadvantage. If you have just, let’s say 30 people, how to spread them on all 3 BL maps to capture the points, defend them, plus defend and attack keeps and towers, supply camps and all. Not gonna work if the enemy has 70+ and can dedicate 3×5 = 15 for the BL bloodlust and the rest will still outnumber and easily will that smaller WvWvW population server.

I can only conclude that all this just is further evidence that the WvWvW design team is not just incompetent and lacks previous game design experience (background in QA doesn’t count). I am not saying this is an easy job. It takes easily 10-15 years minimum experience to design stuff like this well.

Good ideas, feedback and problems pointed out in these forums are consistently ignored with arguments like “You don’t represent the real player base”, “WvWvW is supposed not to be balanced”. No bad decision gets reverted as truly bad designers cannot even admit that they were wrong.

PS. I don’t play WvWvW anymore.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

At the expense of not ranking up your main. There is no net gain from using it on an alt.

Really, I’m not finding these attempts at making WvW more alt-friendly to be very convincing. They’re just… More WXP. No fundamental changes to how WXP will work, just more of it.

maybe anet thinks that if the progression is easy enough to work through it wont matter that its core design sucks

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Consumable WXP items have been added to player loot bags in WvW, in values up to 25,000 WXP. These items are account bound.

“Hey, people in WvW want more rewards”
“How about we reward them more in higher tiers but less in lower tiers?”
“Worked so far”

Attachments:

Gate of Madness

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

“Karma training is bad! Give us rewards for fighting people!”
A few days later…
“Why are you rewarding us for killing people? Stop it!”

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

“Karma training is bad! Give us rewards for fighting people!”
A few days later…
“Why are you rewarding us for killing people? Stop it!”

Don’t be stupid. No one person said both things and it isn’t even relevant to some of the points presented.

Gate of Madness

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

I’m convinced whoever in is charge of wvw and it’s development just chooses to do the exact opposite of what we ask for.

World rank bonus chests will now be awarded to all players on a server based on the results of WvW matches. Three chests will be awarded for 1^st^ place, two chests for 2^nd^ place, and one chest for 3^rd^ place.

….

World rank boxes for EVERYONE on a server? Obviously too hard to work out who had actually worked for the reward so a blanket reward for all the pve’rs that never even stepped into wvw.

….

Especially this (^). This really should have been tied to the WvWvW achievement track that is supposed to come out when leagues do. Have a WvWvW sub-achievement track per-week that will give these out, and this rolls up into the ‘service to your server during league’ WvWvW achievements that they have mentioned. … Or have a ‘weekly’ for WvWvW that gets factored similarly of the ‘monthly’ for PvE/PvP, etc etc. This really makes it look like what you said … too hard, so just blanket.

I expect we’ll get another re-surge of golem rushing with more on the market at lower prices from PvEers.

(edited by ShiningMassXAcc.4735)

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: Dopamine.7502

Dopamine.7502

Part of the problem is zerging are us the players ourself. Maybe stop zerging yourself with 80 guys and split up from such a group with your guild? Or only run with your own guild group and if it is to big split up? Very easy solutions but people are scared to change their way of playing because maybe the opposing world will not do it.

(Running in small group will make sure you can tag an enemy for the possible wxp loot)

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Don’t be stupid. No one person said both things and it isn’t even relevant to some of the points presented.

No I am simply mocking the forums and trying to show that there is never a communal opinion.

If you want an opinion, the OP is crying for the sake of crying. WXP chests for everyone? Boohoo. We were already giving PvErs free buffs and now they get a worthless chest or three, meanwhile I get 50+ chests and whatever extra little bonus gets added in for having actually played. WXP rewards for killing people? Oh no! How dare people be rewarded for anything other than karma training empty keeps! Boombox? Why is this even a complaint? Its just an addition and probably took zero developer effort to add.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: canadez.5328

canadez.5328

In regards to the chests given out for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I really hope they’ll introduce weekly achievments exclusive for WvW like 10-15. And only if you have done all of them you qualify for the chest(s). At least like this only players who have participated in WvW get the chest and it gives some incentive for PvE players to join WvW (chest+additional achievment points).

But i kinda doubt that it will happen.

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: Mooodster.3470

Mooodster.3470

1.you complain that they give zergs a reason to fight other zergs instead of only pvd? you must like pvd….
2.why do you care if people bring the items they payed money for into wvw?
3.glad it cost laurels…its not pay to win if you actually have to play the game to get it….
4.idk how that works but maybe its there to encurage pve to try wvw..or maybe if you dont wvw you dont get it..you dont say if they said you get it without going into wvw….
what else isnt alt friendly..lvling yep lvling..if you only play your main…you alt never gains lvl in pve….gess what…they never gain lvling in wvw aether

if you have to ask yourself why you upgrade things then please please just dont even bother because i dont wanna listen to you cry about how much gold you spent..
why do you think they reward higher teirs more then lower tiers..well there are no tiers only ranks but i dont see it…they reward everyone equally you just dont have as many people to kill because the way i see it if they rewarded lower tiers more then higher tiers people would transfer to lower tiers making them no longer lower tiers and you would loose your precious rewards…btw if your playing wvw for the rewards…your doing it wrong

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: ProVeN.8423

ProVeN.8423

….

….

Especially this (^). This really should have been tied to the WvWvW achievement track that is supposed to come out when leagues do. Have a WvWvW sub-achievement track per-week that will give these out, and this rolls up into the ‘service to your server during league’ WvWvW achievements that they have mentioned. … Or have a ‘weekly’ for WvWvW that gets factored similarly of the ‘monthly’ for PvE/PvP, etc etc. This really makes it look like what you said … too hard, so just blanket.

I expect we’ll get another re-surge of golem rushing with more on the market at lower prices from PvEers.

If i’m not absolutly wrong here, this part of the patch WILL NOT reward pure PvE Players. These bonus chests are the same chests you get for a WvW rank up. You will still need to rank up in WvW to get these, one bonus per rank up until there is none left.

(edited by ProVeN.8423)

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I hope the drop rates for WXP items from players are okay and not too bad. Yeah: Players playing a lot will even farm their ranks faster than now soon maxing everything.

But for players not playing that much it is a nice thing to help boost their progress a bit(and if you specialize and don’t try to get everything it might be possible for players not playing too much to max a skill).

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

….

….

If i’m not absolutly wrong here, this part of the patch WILL NOT reward pure PvE Players. These bonus chests are the same chests you get for a WvW rank up. You will still need to rank up in WvW to get these, one bonus per rank up until there is none left.

Hmm, so instead, they’ll just collects tens if not hundreds of these overtime that they will never cash in on. I guess that is a little better …

Although, the bonus chests were per character and these are server win chests are account based … not sure how those will play.

(edited by ShiningMassXAcc.4735)

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

ProVeN.8423

Even the difference between being place 1, 2 or 3 is not that huge. It’s just like some extra rank ups but without earning Ability Points.

Some people may join WvW to obtain their bonus chests, some will leave and whine here why they have to play WvW to get their bonus chests, others will eventually stay and enjoy playing some WvW and gaining some extra chests.

In the end this is one of the few small updates to WvW that may benefit all of us.

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Well I like the vials.. Now I can keep gaining wxp as normal on my highest ranked while also giving vials to my many alts so they are less behind.. TY

Quit being jelly of what other people get (omg zergers rank more!) and be happy that they are trying to give us something more.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

ProVeN.8423

Althought i would still prefer account wide WvW Ranks, i somewhat like this patch.
I’ll use this new WXP consumables for my main only unless i reach a point that i don’t need AP anymore. But i can still play my alts and hope for some loot i can give my main.

WvW Boosters from People

in WvW

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Actually I bought both boomboxs for WvW and wanted to use it there. Thanks for caring. I dont PvE and I have every musical item to date that was in the gem store.