WvW Breake out event... Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Laiboch.4380

Laiboch.4380

Really? This is the single lamest feature I have ever seen.

Break out events being triggered in a borderland that isn’t even yours? Come on Anet this is not only sad, but you have managed to create a mechanic that makes WvW worthless.

I can understand having a break out event in your HOME borderland, but you should NEVER get a breakout event in an opponents Boarder Land.

I am really trying to be polite here, but this new “Feature” you (Anet) have added in is Broken, poorly thought out, and flat out rank amateur as a design. You have removed the ability to make any real ground. Where teams will sit in their Citadel till the breakout is triggered take the tower and then do you know what they do? They leave and sit and wait for the next breakout event to be triggered and then they do it all over again.

So you have accomplished nothing by adding this other than making it worthless to try and advance in WvW. Now all a team has to do is wait till their breakout starts and then free ride time.

This is simply sad.

Zoe Pain [GASM]
DB Night Crew

in WvW

Posted by: NecropsY.8649

NecropsY.8649

I watched as on eternal battle ground all of red side took over blue’s 2 towers surroudning their keep continuly bombarded the keep down to nothing

till the keep was about to fall then out of no where a break out event started that is so op no one could stop, and we lost our foot hold and lost our chance to take their keep

a battle that was a slam dunk got robbed from us for no reason

Why is there a break out event on EB

yay arena net trying to reward the losing side -

winning at losing , fun game

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

That’s what it’s designed for. A counter to numbers. If both sides have full queues, no way you’re going to spawncamp them. This is a counter balance. I like it. Evens out servers with higher pop.

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

I like it too. It does what it’s meant to do.

I can understand having a break out event in your HOME borderland, but you should NEVER get a breakout event in an opponents Boarder Land.

This here doesn’t make any sense to me. Why would you need it on your home borderland? You already have a huge advantage there.

It would basically never, ever be needed. Even in the very rare time your entire home land was taken by an enemy server, it’s still pretty easy to get a foot hold in your own home without any type of event.

It’s great for those times when the winning server has total control of their own homelands and 2nd and 3rd really have no way of taking the fight to them. This allows the 1st place server to mainitain easy control with all of the fighting taking place in the already losing server’s borders. Figthing should be spread around to every map, to keep things more balanced, and the breakouts help that.

The breakout event gives already losing servers a chance. I don’t understand why people think a “slam dunk victory” is fun for anyone.

I honestly think they’re great.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

(edited by Raincrow.1840)

in WvW

Laiboch.4380

That’s what it’s designed for. A counter to numbers. If both sides have full queues, no way you’re going to spawncamp them. This is a counter balance. I like it. Evens out servers with higher pop.

We were out numbered and winning. We out maneuvered and out fought them to take the fight right to the door of their keep. There was no spawn camping. They still had their keep. There is no reason for break out in EB or a borderland that is not your own.

This is a broken mechanic. Its a get out of actually defending what you hold free card.

Zoe Pain [GASM]
DB Night Crew

in WvW

Laiboch.4380

I like it too. It does what it’s meant to do.

This here doesn’t make any sense to me. Why would you need it on your home borderland? You already have a huge advantage there.

It would basically never, ever be needed. Even in the very rare time your entire home land was taken by an enemy server, it’s still pretty easy to get a foot hold in your own home without any type of event.

It’s great for those times when the winning server has total control of their own homelands and 2nd and 3rd really have no way of taking the fight to them. This allows the 1st place server to mainitain easy control with all of the fighting taking place in the already losing server’s borders. Figthing should be spread around to every map, to keep things more balanced, and the breakouts help that.

The breakout event gives already losing servers a chance. I don’t understand why people think a “slam dunk victory” is fun for anyone.

I honestly think they’re great.

I have seen this breakout many times. This is what “Low pop servers” do.

Sit in spawn… Wait for break out… Start the event… take the tower and leave.. No attempt to progress. No actions taken beyond the breakout event. They take one tower get the Xp and Karma and leave.

If there has to be a breakout event then it should be on a timer that does not allow “low pop servers” or is many of us call them call them “PVE heavy servers” to farm the event rather than participate in WvW.

Again it’s a nifty idea, but It should NOT be a deciding factor in a fight. Maybe 2-3 hours later, but never in the middle of a battle.

Zoe Pain [GASM]
DB Night Crew

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

I have seen this breakout many times. This is what “Low pop servers” do.

Sit in spawn… Wait for break out… Start the event… take the tower and leave.. No attempt to progress. No actions taken beyond the breakout event. They take one tower get the Xp and Karma and leave.

I havn’t seen that happen on my server at all. But if that’s what some people want to do, why do you care? It still serves it’s purpose and moves the fighting to the already winning server’s border lands, and gives the lower pop servers a tiny bit more of a fighting chance. If they don’t have the numbers or the will to push further into enemy territory after the break out event, they wouldn’t have pushed there anyway. The breakout doesn’t take away the ability to push further in, it just gives a chance to get started.

If there has to be a breakout event then it should be on a timer that does not allow “low pop servers” or is many of us call them call them “PVE heavy servers” to farm the event rather than participate in WvW.

Why? I really don’t get why this bothers you. Is it really better to have full uncontested maps that the winning server doesn’t even need to defend? I don’t see how that was better for WvW at all.

Unbalanced servers has been the number one problem with WvW since the start. If people on the losing servers are coming into the maps because of this event, it’s a good thing. You should be happy about them.

Again it’s a nifty idea, but It should NOT be a deciding factor in a fight. Maybe 2-3 hours later, but never in the middle of a battle.

It’s not the deciding factor though. It’s not an unbeatable advantage, and can be defended if you have a group that knows how to defend. Besides, even if the breakout team takes the tower, you’ve still got the whole rest of the map in control. What’s the big deal?

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

(edited by Raincrow.1840)

in WvW

Posted by: Sajec.5302

Sajec.5302

Breakout event = worst concept ever, well downed state ranks up there too, for Wv3.

If a server needs “help” then it’s pretty obvious they’re in the wrong bracket. Take enough losses and they’ll drop down to where they’ll have competitive matches. Isnt that what the ranking system is supposed to be doing? Only recommendation I’d make is use a win/loss system over a points system as its too easy to stack points and takes WAY too long for servers to move up/down with points. Took DR 10 weeks of straight wins to finally move up to T7…because the servers above them had so many built up points. kinda lame.

BO events also allow a zerg to trigger it then run PvDoor and cap with ease. If you can field 10+ folks to trigger the event, proper planning and strat and those same 10 can take an objective…so why the need to hide behind a massively OP’d NPC? If you cant…you’re in the wrong bracket! I’ve seen upwards of 30 folks running with the NPC…lame lame laaaaaame!

Oh…if we wanted to PvE..we’d be in an instance. We’re in Wv3 because we want to fight players…hint hint. We dont want to PvE in Wv3…so remove the lame BO event!

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Kellnor.5428

Kellnor.5428

Breakout Events are fine….

Honestly if you’ve managed to shut another server down to the point where they own NOTHING on a map…I really don’t see why they shouldnt be given some help. No one likes being spawn-camped regardless of the game.

Besides…. Breakout events are easy enough to stop if you know what you’re doing, it just requires different tactics than the cut/paste “man arrow carts>aoe door from inside>man catapult>rally on me>portalbomb>wipe attackers…”

I personally love the mechanic as it’s helped me take many a tower while outmanned and gives me one more event to farm when I’m doing the camping!

Commander Kell Swiftfire, Jade Quarry
Co-Leader & Defensive Strategist of Empërium [EMP]

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

Are you kidding me OP? yet another thread, when there are countless threads already going on this?

As for the breakout event, its fine, but needs a longer cooldown and should disperse if no players support the NPC for a set time. Triggering the event and having it run while no one from that server tries to help the NPC commander is just pointless.

AR

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Yeh it’s fine……….Capped briar the other day, ran down from the lords room and the champion is already outside the door. So rather than defend the tower, a tier 2 server which was leading, just started the breakout event. The whole idea/concept is perfetic in a wvw environment.

At this time it is bugged and can be started even if you have the tower (quick upgrades).

The event reduces tactical skill in the game, it simply should not be in the game.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in WvW

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

The breakout event is just stupid right now.

I don’t mind the fact that it’s there (it shouldn’t be there but ah well), I do mind that it can be started at the most ridiculous times and can be started over and over.

Either it should get some serious changes to when it can start or the champion mob needs to tuned down significantly (13k damage on 1.9k toughness & exotic isn’t normal)

in WvW

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Gives people a reason to stay in that particular map. How often do you see people stay on a map where you own absolutely nothing, and try to organize to re-take the front tower, without the help of a decent sized guild effort? During those low-peak times where there isn’t much organization, the random pugs just give up when they see the map is wiped out, and move to a different map.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

I like the breakout events. Keeps the map from being a 100% assured map for 1 server or another.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Isn’t it terrible when a world owns absolutely no structures on a map, and then is able to take a single one? Especially when they use that break-out event to take a single tower over and over, basically ensuring them +695 PPT.

Completely broken. They really should be at +0 while we have an opportunity to fortify their homefront structures to the nines.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in WvW

Posted by: swilkers.5938

swilkers.5938

Working as designed

Blackgate Server
Charr – Ranger
Human – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: ShaunZ.1098

ShaunZ.1098

I agree … when we take over a map I would much rather sit on that map and listen to the crickets while reading a good book. I hate it when a few guys get to take over one of the towers on my map and I have to find my bookmark so I can go get some points by taking it back again! I always lose my bookmark ………

Gremmil – Fort Aspenwood Engineer
It’s [NERF] or nothing!

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Breakout events are fine.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: Avalon.4809

Avalon.4809

Breakout events are just the most lame concept ever. I was even surprised Anet did such a thing.

However it has a useful feature too: The dolyak coming with the npc commander. I really liked it, it gives us supply when we don’t have any.

BUT, what on earth is giving people free sieges? How could you give people free sieges, while the other team gets them with gold and badges? Isn’t this unfair? I understand throwing around free supply, it was already necessery, but throwing free sieges around? Come on!

Anet, you are kittening on your own game!

in WvW

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Nothing is more boring than every server owning completely their own borderland. Anything that tries to engage people to break that pattern can’t be a bad thing.

All is vain.

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Avalon how is it a big deal that the server who has 0 structures on a map gets a bit of siege to help them take a tower? Don’t over react. It’s not like the NPC in game even gives greatly thought out and placed siege.

Figure it this way:
Server A owns everything, has a zerg just sitting around on the map
Server B owns nothing starts a breakout event.

A of course runs to the tower B is attacking with the event, and “should” already have siege going. B has a commander who places and protects siege for a limited time. B’s siege has more HP and bubble to cover it for a bit, allowing them to finally get a tower on a map.

Now answer how that 1 tower changing to another server is a bad thing when your server owns the entire map.

The point is to promote that server which had nothing to get the tower, maybe even a supply camp, let them spend siege they got from money or badges to defend the tower with, and get a foothold in a map to promote more fighting.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Breakout events are being abused a little I think when the npc is spawned four or five times in a row. As I suggested in another similar thread, I suggest an hour cool down on the npc is probably fair and allows the attackers time to rally their troops.

Lol the worst is when there’s two breakout events on the same map at the same time, done this way.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Jeda.5209

Jeda.5209

Its main functions is to stop spawn camping. Alot of spawn camping takes place against low pop servers, with opposing worlds building ballistas, arrow carts etc on a spawn point preventing any player from getting out. Considering their are no supplies in a spawn point it is pretty hard to fight against an army of spawn campers, ballistas, arrow carts, etc with no supplies to build siege.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

in WvW

Posted by: Sniku.6837

Sniku.6837

+1 remove breakout event

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

The event is fine. Have you ever played a MMO where there was only one giant WvW area, and if one side took control of everything, they could SPAWN CAMP your server constantly, to the point where nobody tries anymore?

I’ve been there, I’ve seen it. The breakout event is nice to have for the reason to ENCOURAGE the server to keep trying. I’ve seen times where the server I was on in another MMO didn’t even bother trying to do WvW until a message came up that we obtained one of the keeps. That alone was enough to energize the entire server to the point where we had capped the limit of the WvW just to try and stay in control of the keep.

tl;dr version: It’s fine, it helps keep people from quitting a map in WvWvW.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Katzyn.9703

Katzyn.9703

It’s not like the breakout event is unstoppable – Ehmry Bay has successfully defended against them before, and it turns out to be a nice little farming fest, lol…Which sucks for the team trying to breakout, but it just shows that while the event is -helpful-, it isn’t unstoppable or hopeless to defend against.

Katzy (80 Sylvari Ranger), Katarzynea (80 Norn Elementalist),
Katalii (40ish Asuran Mesmer), Katalyn Galadheon (15ish Human Warrior)

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I think the breakout event is great. When you have a server with little to no presence on one of the maps and no organised guilds/commanders present it gives groups of pugs something to rally behind. It makes no difference where the breakout event takes place as each map is designed to have all the facilities and features needed to create battles on that map. Also, it gives the dominant server something to do if they’ve capped everything else.

The breakout events encourage more battles. Wv3 is about battles. Therefore the breakout event serves its purpose.

Gandara