WvW Change Suggestion : GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Ghostwhisper.7921

Ghostwhisper.7921

My suggestion is simple in theory ( asuran logic inc ). Change WvW into GvG. Worlds (servers) are pretty much non-existant as far as the rest of the game goes since mega servers merging all people together. Everything is possible to do with a party in your guild of many worlds except WvW. Explaining to a new person that we cant wvw because you are on a different server but we can do everything else breaks the experience for some new people. It just doesn’t make sense from a logical perspective but only from a pure TECHNICAL perspective on anets end.

Some suggestions on how to implement GvG.

*Each Guild gets assigned a color based on size and guild rank in GvG similar to how WvW rates worlds.
*Each Guild member is given a color the same as whatever guild they are representing.
*Guild members changing representations do not change colors until the next reset of GvG.

I think this pretty much covers all of changing WvW to GvG. The benefits are playing with guild mates and making the game seamless for everyone. Also added benefits are there is a more personal rank tied to guilds as opposed to worlds. Being on a zerg World wouldnt award you with auto wins and would allow a better color distribution on all hours. Im admitting there being high technical limitations to this change but i think it would be to the better for everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

No.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

I’ve just transfered my self to another server with 1800 gems … 1800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So no way!!!!!!!!!!!! Make money like me in the game with gold and buy yourself a good place at the big servers!

in WvW

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Not everyone who loves WvW is in a guild, nor should they be forced to join one. A-Net needs to quit trying to make WvW into just another PvE zone and bring back the RvR on the Alpine maps. Time to do so is short. The more people quit, the more will follow due to the fact that a depopulated WvW, even on the alpine maps, simply isn’t fun.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Guilds are anti-wvw why would you want them to run things. Anet just tried making WvW depend on guilds and look what happened.

Give the power back to the pugs and small groups and maybe WvW would recover.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

WvW is not a giant GvG.. it is open field pvp with varying terrain and the ability to use situational advantages. Guild arenas are for GvGs.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

WvW is not GvG!

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

I don’t think you should change wvw into GvG, you should instead have an actual GvG mode with brackets/ rank/ ladder so you can play ANY other guilds, not just guilds your server is playing against. We had a 90 Queue the other night for EBG, so even though they are boycotting the DBLS, so it isn’t entirely dead.. YET. Take away EBG then it will be.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

Nope. You may call it AvA (alliance vs. alliance) which is kinda like the RvR system teso uses right now. This could be a system for the future – because server pride is hopefully dead by now – but it will end up in stacking alliances instead of servers.

Give us some real GvG mode like in GW1 or two modes: the GW1 like mode and a mode like the current selfmade GvGs in GW2. Rank lists. Leagues. Tourneys. I would love to see it happen and I would forget about WvW as soon as it hits the servers!…but it will never ever happen in GW2…

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

There was a time GvG could have breathed life into WvW but that scene is all but dead now. I don’t think it can come back even with GvG friendly add ons. Besides, ANet has been very anti-GvG in WvW including a known ANet employee actively trolling a GvG event while using their ANet tag.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Hayzed.1507

Hayzed.1507

I’m all for this turn WvW into constant 3/4hr matches that Guilds can queue up for and have spots for militia/small guilds to fill the roster. Balancing could be sorted better this way (atleast at the start of the match), no lopsided teams. Not sure about a point system or weekly tally but i do know this PPT system is not working and a terrible indicator.

Giznat Dalgo – 80 Necromancer
Dcon – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

No.

Ditto. Worse thing that could happen to WvW. There is a guild commander in BG who actively insults pugs that follow his tag. Though I notice he keeps his mouth shut when he wants those same pugs to use their supply to build siege.

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I play WvW not GvG.

New suggestion. Make 1 WvW map and Start a GvG game mode so those of us who play WvW can play, and those who play GvG can play in their own little house.

K thx

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

I play WvW not GvG.

New suggestion. Make 1 WvW map and Start a GvG game mode so those of us who play WvW can play, and those who play GvG can play in their own little house.

K thx

rekt much by other players :P?

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

GvG needs to replace PvP not WvW…

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

GvG brackets should be Added to the game, it should not replace anything.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I think that’s a fantastic idea … it would certainly add legitimacy and esport wvw. There is already (or was) an audience for it.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

illenos.5134

I think that’s a fantastic idea … it would certainly add legitimacy and esport wvw. There is already (or was) an audience for it.

I think almost nobody wants to make it esport, although it would work better than the stuff they have right now. They want to have drama? I guess they’ve never read the WvW community forum. They want to have something which even a casual player can watch? GvGs are easier to watch than the crap we’ve got right now.

All we want is somekind of legitimacy and a platform to fight each other. Right now you can go to your guild hall, which is a pain in the kitten . You have to invite the whole other guild, you have to get everyone into one instance of the map, the arena is to small and you can’t watch it because all you see are red names everywhere so you start to build a trap around the waypoint or make a jp out of boredom.
If you are on different colored teams you can join eotm to GvG but there are cannons spawning at the most stupid times, randoms disturbing the fight – most of the time you just kill randoms in the enemy zerg – or even map blobs trying to roll over your GvG.

The best thing that could happen is when you are on the same MU so you can use OS. It’s still the best place to fight and watch a GvG.

kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Exclusion and making people join guilds would kill any semblance of RvR quicker than what’s happening now.

We need more people, not less. HoT has been markedly taking a direction that’s leaving some casuals out already.

And it doesn’t even matter when you don’t even have a place people want to be playing at all.

Anyhow, we already have Guild Halls. It seems they are lacking, and suggestions should be made in that direction.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Bristingr.5034

Bristingr.5034

Forcing me to be in a massive guild just to play will make me leave WvW forever.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Obsidian Sanctum or Guild Hall. Go there. Leave the WvW for the rest of us.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I play WvW not GvG.

K thx

Actually no, win or loose I enjoy open field, offensive, and defensive fights in WvW. However I think you can agree that GvG and WvW are 2 seperate things. I think a lot of the changes such as the tactivators, and the boarderlands are lots of fun. A dragon banner has no place in GvG however since it unbalances the fights. WvW isn’t supposed to be balanced. I also like the most recent upcoming changes (for the most part) that were recently discussed. If I were to make any major changes it would be to to reduce the size and a lot of the vertical aspects of the borderlands.

I’m not one to cry that some defender has too many arrow carts, or that some attacker has an advantage due to siege or a banner. If zergs want to zerg good for them, if roamers want to roam more power to them. But GvG is organized for balance and skilled combat, it is not WvW.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

illenos.5134

I play WvW not GvG.

K thx

Actually no, win or loose I enjoy open field, offensive, and defensive fights in WvW. However I think you can agree that GvG and WvW are 2 seperate things. I think a lot of the changes such as the tactivators, and the boarderlands are lots of fun. A dragon banner has no place in GvG however since it unbalances the fights. WvW isn’t supposed to be balanced. I also like the most recent upcoming changes (for the most part) that were recently discussed. If I were to make any major changes it would be to to reduce the size and a lot of the vertical aspects of the borderlands.

I’m not one to cry that some defender has too many arrow carts, or that some attacker has an advantage due to siege or a banner. If zergs want to zerg good for them, if roamers want to roam more power to them. But GvG is organized for balance and skilled combat, it is not WvW.

The GvG scene was build from WvW guilds and I can’t think of a GvG guild which doesn’t have regular WvW raids but it’s true: WvW and GvG is not the same but it still needs some place to happen. Unfortunately Anet doesn’t care about this topic so we have to use the WvW-, EotM maps or OS. GvGers would appreciate their own maps/system/whatever.

BTW Nope. Guild arenas are not an option. They kitten kittens. It was almost implemented with something in mind like “Awww…they think, they can use it for GvGs! kittenolol!”. -.-

Really?! You are censoring this word, auto correct kitten?! Screw you and stop kitten kitten kittens!

kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

Nah I think GvG should replace PvP because pvp is stupid atm.