WvW Dueling is an issue, here's a solution!

in WvW

Posted by: Lacuda.8543

Lacuda.8543

Duels in WvW are hardly uncommon, you see them everywhere and the guys usually harass/give incredible attitude to you if you happen to slaughter their counterparts from other servers. Then the whispers start.
Obsidian Sanctum had a revision done to it to encourage duelers to move along to more appropriate territory. The Mists has literally set up servers to have a 1v1 capability. They even gave us the ability to great arenas in our guild halls!
Yet still, see groups of players dueling in WvW being a general annoyance to everyone, and when you mistake their group for roamers they act like we’re the problem.
They claim they do it mostly for their dailies.

My solution? Simple. Create a dueling daily/set of dueling dailies that work in Obsidian Sanctum’s arena, and that area only. Put a button in the “B” tab that teleports straight there, call it “Duelists Arena” or some such thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

There’s duelers are actually roamers or defenders, engaging enemy roamers. They prefer to have 1v1’s as it’s what they/we enjoy the most – we seek our enemys for fights and as a reward we have defended a camp/sentry or at least reported who and what’s about., just like people pvd at night, or 2 massive blobs clashing.. everyone has their own way of enjoying the game. What you also fail to understand is that with out there’s “duelers” all over the place as you say, it will be very hard for you other guys to upgrade as we are normally the first to spot enemy roamers, we do have fight clubs in some areas of the map to be always at the top of our game. Stop bring OS into this, it is total nonsense.

PS your solution smells.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Imo to make duel spart of the game

Open dueling arenas in pve main cities, ex: in ground pavillion or whatever is the name of the event map on DR city :P
Players can assist and queue for duels, like we had on EOTN norn cup but a open pvp map queue on pve instanced map.
Every X duels players receive prize, or rize is measured in the duels won and lost over match tournament.

Alternativelly, this instance could be addded to the spvp mists map.

>_> Or players could just go the a private pvp room..

And duelling isnt an issue…. it just needs to be integrated into the game better…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

My solution is to intentionally steer my zerg over top of them while I’m commanding.

They can go do that kitten in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

There’s duelers are actually roamers or defenders, engaging enemy roamers.

Thats not duelers, thats roamers and defenders.

Duelist specifically seek to fight 1v1 and fully expect everyone to respect that and that none on 3 sides interfere. Thats not WvW.

If a roamer/defender/whatever engage in a 1v1 its probably by chance and any respect from the opposing sides or friendlies would be coincidental, sometimes noot needed, sometimes desired. Its just a fight with all the dangers of WvW.

But either way dueling is not an issue. They arent that many, usually just like 3-5 peeps.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Here’s an idea. Why not let people play the game the way they’d like?

Give respect, get respect.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

There’s duelers are actually roamers or defenders, engaging enemy roamers.

Thats not duelers, thats roamers and defenders.

Duelist specifically seek to fight 1v1 and fully expect everyone to respect that and that none on 3 sides interfere. Thats not WvW.

If a roamer/defender/whatever engage in a 1v1 its probably by chance and any respect from the opposing sides or friendlies would be coincidental, sometimes noot needed, sometimes desired. Its just a fight with all the dangers of WvW.

But either way dueling is not an issue. They arent that many, usually just like 3-5 peeps.

I will repeat what I said. " we sometime have fight clubs in some areas of the map" they are still roamers/defenders but just taking time out from scouting or defending and have some freindly duels. People should know by now that if it’s not anywhere near an objective then it’s common courtesy to leave them at it. Or at least that’s how I see duels.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I will repeat what I said. " we sometime have fight clubs in some areas of the map" they are still roamers/defenders but just taking time out from scouting or defending and have some freindly duels. People should know by now that if it’s not anywhere near an objective then it’s common courtesy to leave them at it. Or at least that’s how I see duels.

Thats how you see duels but thats not the mindset of a duelist out to duel at that time. I have seen them fight and get upset about interference literally outside a waypointed keep where the enemy player contest it while they are dueling.

I am sure some duelist will come here and say “oh but I’m an elite duelist and I dont do that”. No you probably dont. Just like not all thieves are gankers exploiting stealth and teleports but I’m still gonna put them in the same category.

Either way as I said I dont see it as a problem unless you have 50 duelists per map or something on US servers.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Thats how you see duels but thats not the mindset of a duelist out to duel at that time. I have seen them fight and get upset about interference literally outside a waypointed keep where the enemy player contest it while they are dueling.

And that’s how you see it yourself and are grossly generalizing attitudes.

I’m a scout, but I consider myself duellist.

Being a duellist doesn’t mean what you’ve indicated. It’s typically your server’s scouts/roamers who are fine-tuning their craft so that they don’t get insta ganked when they’re out defending territory or alerting the team to invading servers.

Nobody here has any authority to tell another how to play. That’s the bottom line. We all paid the same price for the game.

Give respect to others and you’ll get it in return.

Let people play how they like.

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

No duelist will go out of there way and hunt down zerglings (unless the blob chases them down on purpos). You mean nothing to them as there is no real challange. That’s what gankers do, also… the only t3 keep that people duel around is stc and that thing is always trebled or tagged in some way si don’t blame peoplease figting near by it.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Or you could ignore them, block them if necessary and carry on your way.

It doesn’t effect the game mode. If effects the feeling of people with fragile egos. Get over it.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Pensadora.9478

Pensadora.9478

And that’s how you see it yourself and are grossly generalizing attitudes.

I’m a scout, but I consider myself duellist.

Being a duellist doesn’t mean what you’ve indicated. It’s typically your server’s scouts/roamers who are fine-tuning their craft so that they don’t get insta ganked when they’re out defending territory or alerting the team to invading servers.

Nobody here has any authority to tell another how to play. That’s the bottom line. We all paid the same price for the game.

Give respect to others and you’ll get it in return.

Let people play how they like.

Exactly. Some days I steer wide with my group. Other days, we clear them off. Less to pick at our tail. It’s all good.

GM of [MAS] – Might and Smarts – WvW
http://www.mas4eva.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Sounds like OP got chewed out after interrupting a duel, felt bad and then decided to blame the duelist for the situation rather than just carrying on.

People dueling in wvw isn’t nearly as big of a problem as is made out by this post.

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

I agree with OP. If I see you dueling in WvW I will kill your opponent. No question! And if you give me attitude I will ignore you and block your kitten. Got to OS or someplace that is off the beaten path at the very least. If you do not like mine or OP solution to bad. This is WvW not 1 v 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Vicious.3042

Vicious.3042

Speaking of dueling, I think when two zergs facing each other they should have the option to allow commanders duel. When a commander lost the duel, he/she’s team gets banished into the shadow realm.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I had a weird moment yesterday when clearing a guard. Enemy player ran to me, and stopped. For little we stared, then he bowed. I backed away, he bowed again and ran forward.

I understand he was asking for a duel. Did it bother me? No. Did he attack me? No. Did he start to whisper me horrible insults? Nop.

So, I dunno. Is there aproblem? Not really. If you and someone else want to duel in ope-PvP area, that is fine. If you get killed by someone passing by, that is fine too. The danger is part of fun.

Of course some players who duel are also annoying trolls, but these are everywhere. You can see that kind in PvE, in PvP or within WvW zergs.

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Here’s an idea. Why not let people play the game the way they’d like?

Give respect, get respect.

So true! I like to disrupt “duels” that take place in incredibly well-traveled areas. I hope these “duelers” stop whispering me after I kill them, their opponent, or both and let me play the game the way I like to.

Dueling is a non-issue. Disrupting their duels is also a non-issue. They know the risks when dueling in front of south camp on ABL. They also know that they can go anywhere else on the map if they don’t want to run the risk of WvW’ers doing …WvW.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I usually just watch for a moment and watch for signs of a duel (stomping, 2v1, someone interrupting…etc) and once I see something, I then go in. If I don’t see a /bow if a fight starts around me, I also jump in.

Maybe its because i usually run solo/duo or i follow the golden rules, who knows. If I can tell its a duel, I just move along. Its not hurting me if people are dueling, nor will I act like an idiot if someone tells me to stop attacking, or that its a duel. Thats the difference between being ignorant and not caring, or being respectful despite where the fight takes place.

Its a game

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

I usually just watch for a moment and watch for signs of a duel (stomping, 2v1, someone interrupting…etc) and once I see something, I then go in. If I don’t see a /bow if a fight starts around me, I also jump in.

Maybe its because i usually run solo/duo or i follow the golden rules, who knows. If I can tell its a duel, I just move along. Its not hurting me if people are dueling, nor will I act like an idiot if someone tells me to stop attacking, or that its a duel. Thats the difference between being ignorant and not caring, or being respectful despite where the fight takes place.

Its a game

I do this as well, but depending on my mood if it’s red it’s dead for anything else I can’t tell the situation. Sometimes I’ve accidentally killed duelers cos it did not look like one, other times I’ve left people alone and got screamed for not helping – that said if I plan on sticking longer than 15s I always prepare to kill just in case.

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I tend not to duel as I usually solo roam . If I come acorss two people obviously dueling , and or persons watching i tend to leave them alone. IF however any persons involved in such duels , either watching or otherwise take “time out” to kill yaks, kill sentries or guards o flip a camp, the entire group IMHO becomes fair game. Yes If there more of them I might will likely die but I will disrupt their duels.

This means of course if I see yaks dying on my map and go there to find people dueling they are fair game. If I see a WP contested because people duel near a gate they aare fair game .There plenty of places to move duels where they would not be disturbed.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in WvW

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

Duelers that duel in heavy-traffic areas or within range of guards (which causes something to contest) should be run over. There are plenty of places on a map where no one will ever see you where you can go have your 1v1.

That being said, if I run up on a 1v1 and I have even a slight thought that it wasn’t a consensual duel, I’ll do what I can to down the opponent BUT I will not spike. I’ll run off to the next thing and leave it up to my team mate to decide. If it was a duel, then he’ll let him rez. If it wasn’t, then I leave it up to him to finish. That’s the solution that works for me.

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Duels in WvW are hardly uncommon, you see them everywhere and the guys usually harass/give incredible attitude to you if you happen to slaughter their counterparts from other servers. Then the whispers start.
Over thought out solution for a social problem

It’s easy. Just switch your status to invisible and keep blobbing them down. Uncheck all chats too.

Done, and you don’t even have to wait for ANET to update anything!

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

The point is though freindly or not, a duel is a duel…a 1v1. Both party’s know what happens in open world pvp so no 1 should qq If being attacked. 9/10 if i see an even numbered fight I will let them get on with it and my server loses, oh well there’s a wp aviable near by and they can try again but anything goes at objectives and keeps.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

One sure sign of a disciplined zerg is when they pass by a duel and nobody attacks.

in WvW

Posted by: ZombieSlayeR.8702

ZombieSlayeR.8702

Why dont Zergers go to Obsi to fight other Zergs … so much room there smh.
Make WvW a Duel spot again.

~Nefras~

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Why dont Zergers go to Obsi to fight other Zergs … so much room there smh.
Make WvW a Duel spot again.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

One sure sign of a disciplined zerg is when they pass by a duel and nobody attacks.

I have mad respect for this kind of zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

lol, I’m almost embarrassed to say this but I’m one of those pesky duelists….

Sorry.

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in WvW

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

What OP lacks is perspective from a roamer/dueler.

Which could very easily write a very similar paragraph as you did; replacing “duelist” with “zergling” and “duels” with “zerg”.

Many of these people either don’t have large enough guilds to make impacts on the map, or don’t enjoy zerg fights. I am one of them.

Personally I enjoy fighting a 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 fight against good opponents. I don’t really see the problem as stomping still gives points, I can call out enemy movements in map chat and do things like tick siege etc while dueling.

How do duels happen? If I have a close match often I seek out my opponents for a few other fights. Or we may meet at objective with ring up.

Duels are about personal improvement. Being able to fight an equally skilled single opponent or outplaying multiple opponents (within reason) is a measure of growth small scale players. It’s why it’s important to them and why it will never stop.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in WvW

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Can people just kittening stop making threads complaining about this? It’s a waste of time and energy. You’re not going to stop duelers. No one is overstepping their rights as per the ToS. Get over it.

On the other side of the coin, I will argue that you zergers destroy ping and lag all 4 maps constantly, hindering everyone’s ability to play. I can’t recall a dueling circle spiking my ping to 2k ever. Maybe zerging is a problem we should solve to improve combat quality all over WvW, add build diversity, and emphasize skill level in fights? But nah it’s the duelers.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Can people just kittening stop making threads complaining about this? It’s a waste of time and energy. You’re not going to stop duelers. No one is overstepping their rights as per the ToS. Get over it.

On the other side of the coin, I will argue that you zergers destroy ping and lag all 4 maps constantly, hindering everyone’s ability to play. I can’t recall a dueling circle spiking my ping to 2k ever. Maybe zerging is a problem we should solve to improve combat quality all over WvW, add build diversity, and emphasize skill level in fights? But nah it’s the duelers.

Lol you actually just said, what I was thinking. But hey I don’t pay attention to mindless zombie like players just mass following one player using his brain around the map. Running from even fights, and only engaging when they have enoth numbers to steam roll. Complaining about people actually using skills to improve their game more, in even numbers fights.

To the OP, maybe you should come out from the safety of your zerg. And try out some dueling. Maybe then seeing players that are better then you actually compete on even ground, not make you salty enoth to post silly threads as such. We await for you on the darkside.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: diamondgirl.6315

diamondgirl.6315

If my havoc group sees duelers and we realize they are duelers, we’ll give them a wide berth. I’m not out to spoil anyone’s fun. But it is a war zone; sometimes spells will fly, mistakes will be made, and I expect everyone involved to realize dueling in a warzone isn’t … uh…. ‘safe’ seems like the wrong word.

in WvW

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

If my havoc group sees duelers and we realize they are duelers, we’ll give them a wide berth. I’m not out to spoil anyone’s fun. But it is a war zone; sometimes spells will fly, mistakes will be made, and I expect everyone involved to realize dueling in a warzone isn’t … uh…. ‘safe’ seems like the wrong word.

No dueler has made a thread complaining about being killed as far as I can remember. There are many threads complaining about duelers just for existing however.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

No dueler has made a thread complaining about being killed as far as I can remember. There are many threads complaining about duelers just for existing however.

Several have… but, regardless, I think they realize the hazards.

If salty whispers or salty team chat comes, ignore it and drive on.

Of course, giving them a wide berth would be easier.. but w/e

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I always run and try to stomp loser or if i see duel and other is low hp i spam rapid fire and be ready to flee laika boss.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I don’t see the issue with dueling at all. Tons of places to duel, they happen fairly regularly, and getting run over doesn’t really matter.

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

if you want to duel all the power to you but if you do it in middle of path of a zerg an you die that your fault for dueling in a dumb spot.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Or y’know people could just be adults and go zerg and ignore them.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I agree with OP. If I see you dueling in WvW I will kill your opponent. No question! And if you give me attitude I will ignore you and block your kitten. Got to OS or someplace that is off the beaten path at the very least. If you do not like mine or OP solution to bad. This is WvW not 1 v 1.

That’s a sure way to get your kitten beat and your guild hunted.

Also, Jayne had it right in her previous post. Basically, if everyone observes the “don’t be a kitten” rule, there’s really no problem.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

I murder anyone I see on any fairly well traveled road or near any objective.
I don’t make a habit of visiting the less important areas of the map but if I do and see people dueling (windmill for example) I’ll ignore them.
It’s not rocket science, its common courtesy.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I don’t want to see a moment of dev time wasted on duelers

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Unless I see some ‘fight club’ going on at SMC I can never tell a duel from a ganker.

So I always assist my team unless my player says “stop”, “duel” (or similar) and then I’ll stop intervening.

Basically, if you don’t want to be interrupted don’t duel where I will see you. Go to the windmill on Alpine or if you’re on EB go to the Champion Arboreal Spirit area where no one goes.

(edited by dzeRnumbrd.6129)

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

Unless I see some ‘fight club’ going on at SMC I can never tell a duel from a ganker.

So I always assist my team unless my player says “stop”, “duel” (or similar) and then I’ll stop intervening.

Basically, if you don’t want to be interrupted don’t duel where I will see you. Go to the windmill on Alpine or if you’re on EB go to the Champion Arboreal Spirit area where no one goes.

Erm a duel is a 1v1 for starters. 2ndly it’s very obvious if you look at both partys, you can tell if they are built for roaming/dueling or a zergling build.

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

As someone who zergs and roams, I find that its just a simple matter of honour if I see 2 people fighting, I won’t jump in and intefere. It makes it rediculously unbalanced and no fun for either of the people fighting. I will stand about 1500 range away and watch until one of them goes down. If it’s my ally and the enemy goes for the stomp I’ll jump in and kill him and res my ally, if it’s the enemy who goes down I’ll get a tag and move on. Regardless, whether its an official duel or just a random 1v1, I do not feel its fair to just randomly ruin it.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: GWMO.4785

GWMO.4785

The only problem i see in dueling is the queue we hold for people that actually like to play wvw as intended. Don’t get me wrong, everyone should play the game as he or she likes. But it does have “consequences”.

I for one like to roam solo and duel other players in a 1v1 alot too… But likewise i also have moments where i just want to mindlessly zerg around with the group. And this quickly becomes a problem. Especially in high(er) populated servers. Think about guild raiding and such. Yes, we all do contribute to this, regardless of our intentions in wvw. But unlike guilds or people that want to zerg, duelists can move to OS to have fun since there is no objectives there.

Personally i always enter OS first to see if there are players there that like to duel. If so, i stay there and fun with my 1v1’s. However from my experience, i can tell that it is left deserted. This is why i roam or duel in borderlands. If there would be way to motivate players into OS, then i would strongly support it. I think that would be healthy for everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Jinn Galen.2468

Jinn Galen.2468

Speaking of dueling, I think when two zergs facing each other they should have the option to allow commanders duel. When a commander lost the duel, he/she’s team gets banished into the shadow realm.

100 points for this guy right here.

in WvW

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Duelist specifically seek to fight 1v1 and fully expect everyone to respect that and that none on 3 sides interfere.

In theory…

In real life it happend a million times to me that I (as a roamer) left duellers alone just to be 3v1 ganked 1 minute later 100 meters away from the duelling spot because they switched from duel- to gank-mode and started to chase me.

If it’s red it’s dead! Thanks to all the (honorable and respectful … my ass!) duellers in downstate I can freekill for another 10 minutes of participation!

(edited by KrHome.1920)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Hmm, I’ve been seeing the opposite. People yelling at you for not interfering. Like it’s my fault you need backup in a 3v1 on your end.

You see, zerglings running in a beeline to their zerg unaware of their surroundings are a general annoyance to everyone because they are useless in those situations.

When I roam, I make sure to kick everyone not on a medium class (1 mesmer might be
fine for portal.) however I spam invites to everyone that passes by and then decide later on to kick them afterwards once I get enough thieves because I am scared of losing. I do not res people on non-meta roaming classes because they are rallybots that are a hazard to the server. Yea, some fringe players might be good on a heavy class or something, but anything they can do small scale, a thief can do better. They should really know better and switch to a proper class. Also, I tell zergs to get off the map, because they’re taking up queue space that is meant for roamers. I mean 4 roamers could take 4 camps, in the time a zerg takes 1. Assuming your average zerg is 40 people, that means the ratio is 10:1.Even assuming it does it twice as fast, it’d still be 5:1 Why would anyone interested in efficiency want to fill the map with inefficient players such as that? By the time a zerg takes 10 camps, roamers could have taken like 50 camps. And that’s a lot of PPT or something.

Finally, they ruin my outnumber pips, and that is unacceptable.

That was sarcasm

tl;dr People think they have authority when they really don’t.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Hmm, I’ve been seeing the opposite. People yelling at you for not interfering. Like it’s my fault you need backup in a 3v1 on your end.

You see, zerglings running in a beeline to their zerg unaware of their surroundings are a general annoyance to everyone because they are useless in those situations.

When I roam, I make sure to kick everyone not on a medium class (1 mesmer might be
fine for portal.) however I spam invites to everyone that passes by and then decide later on to kick them afterwards once I get enough thieves because I am scared of losing. I do not res people on non-meta roaming classes because they are rallybots that are a hazard to the server. Yea, some fringe players might be good on a heavy class or something, but anything they can do small scale, a thief can do better. They should really know better and switch to a proper class. Also, I tell zergs to get off the map, because they’re taking up queue space that is meant for roamers. I mean 4 roamers could take 4 camps, in the time a zerg takes 1. Assuming your average zerg is 40 people, that means the ratio is 10:1.Even assuming it does it twice as fast, it’d still be 5:1 Why would anyone interested in efficiency want to fill the map with inefficient players such as that? By the time a zerg takes 10 camps, roamers could have taken like 50 camps. And that’s a lot of PPT or something.

Finally, they ruin my outnumber pips, and that is unacceptable.

That was sarcasm

tl;dr People think they have authority when they really don’t.

Darn, you nearly think as I do. But actually have the guts to say it. To be honest you are almost completely right! XD

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: diamondgirl.6315

diamondgirl.6315

I can’t either, but I have definitely seen duelers getting upset ingame. We aren’t all in the forums, so threads aren’t really a major concern. Angry chat, we all see.

That said, I sat and tried to think of all the dueling parties I’ve seen, and I don’t remember them contesting keeps (they mostly seem to stick to ruins), appearing in queued maps (which would be a kitten move), or honestly really doing anything that impacts anyone except for the occasional misunderstanding. I am personally filing this under ‘Not A Problem.’