WvW Edge Of The Mist

WvW Edge Of The Mist

in WvW

Posted by: ThousandArmy.3250

ThousandArmy.3250

For past 13 weeks my server (Gandarra) have been twice(2) blue and 11 times red. Whats happening with Edge Of The Mist? Im getting tired of Eotm because im allways red…
And Support didnt comment anything about this when i msg them…

WvW Edge Of The Mist

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

EoTM is not part of WvW. WvW means World vs World, EoTM uses megaserver mechanics to sort players by the color of their server. This means all players who are on servers that are red will be part of Badlands, and will be sorted by means of an instance system similar to PvE. There is no queue system for EoTM.

There is nothing support can do, because there is nothing to fix or investigate.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

WvW Edge Of The Mist

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

Go to real WvW…

WvW Edge Of The Mist

in WvW

ThousandArmy.3250

At least they could Check whats wrong with Server sorting system…

WvW Edge Of The Mist

in WvW

ThousandArmy.3250

Go to real WvW…

There is No “Real WvW” it depends what everyone likes to play

WvW Edge Of The Mist

in WvW

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Support deals with account issues. They have no input or control over matches, server sorting, server links or whether or not a server is closed.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

WvW Edge Of The Mist

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

At least they could Check whats wrong with Server sorting system…

It’s rng with glicko ratings, there’s nothing for them to look into for sorting.

Also, they were on green week of dec30-jan6, just been on some bad rolls as they bounce up and down between the tiers.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

WvW Edge Of The Mist

in WvW

X T D.6458

Go to real WvW…

There is No “Real WvW” it depends what everyone likes to play

There is Real WvW, you can open your WvW window and choose one of the 4 maps to play on.

WvW Edge Of The Mist

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

ThousandArmy.3250, EOTMis not a offical WvW part, its just another map in the mist but far from be integrated into the wvw score, that was suposed to be a like waitting room to for players that were queued to enter in the 3 bl maps or EB.

EOTM is a map where no matter wich color you end , you wil l have always that map, you will even find players that do not belong to your server or linked server there, as in green color is all green servers across all matchups, the same logic happens for blue and red.
You need to play in EB, your server HOME Borderland, and follow some commander that is leading an atack in enemy borderland.

This is one of the reasons eotm needs to be removed ._.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

WvW Edge Of The Mist

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

They really should just put all players in one big que that filters them to teams as a side needs players, allowing a max of 5player teams to que together.

I’m wondering if eotm would turn into a ghost town doing that though because of low population spread thin?

WvW Edge Of The Mist

in WvW

X T D.6458

They really should just put all players in one big que that filters them to teams as a side needs players, allowing a max of 5player teams to que together.

I’m wondering if eotm would turn into a ghost town doing that though because of low population spread thin?

Random sorting of players with a que system would make it impossible for friends and guildies to play to together. With the current instance system it allows players to play together on different instances.

Not to mention the irony of seeing EoTM with queues considering one of the reasons it was created was to allow players queued for WvW to play around in.

WvW Edge Of The Mist

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

EOTM rule: whatever color your server is in WvW is what color you will be in Edge. Example: every server that is currently ‘3rd place’ aka RED are grouped together on the RED side in Edge (Badlands).

It is part of the match up, you cannot change it (support cannot change that) unless your server somehow manages to break out of ‘3rd place’ next week then you will obviously be a different color next time.

You might want to try contributing to your server in WvW or if things are monotonous and you notice a pattern being red all the time and you are UNHAPPY… then perhaps change is a good thing (transferring servers).

Hope that helps.

WvW Edge Of The Mist

in WvW

Justine.6351

Random sorting of players with a que system would make it impossible for friends and guildies to play to together. With the current instance system it allows players to play together on different instances.

Not to mention the irony of seeing EoTM with queues considering one of the reasons it was created was to allow players queued for WvW to play around in.

I said que with a party of up to 5. Que was a poor choice of word. Pool all players together and then filter them into one of the 3 teams based on need. Kind of like hotjoin but automatic so players don’t just sit back and wait for other players to unwittingly join the “bad” team. The largest population disparity would be 5.

WvW Edge Of The Mist

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

I said que with a party of up to 5. Que was a poor choice of word. Pool all players together and then filter them into one of the 3 teams based on need. Kind of like hotjoin but automatic so players don’t just sit back and wait for other players to unwittingly join the “bad” team. The largest population disparity would be 5.

seems viable…
how bout guilds?

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

WvW Edge Of The Mist

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

EOTM doesn’t need queuing, nor would it help to randomly assign people (or groups of 5).

There are usually more than one instance of EOTM running, so try relogging a few times to get into a fuller one.

EOTM used to be good for karma farming, etc and is still a place for upscaleds to go, but you really should be trying to help your server in real wvw.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

WvW Edge Of The Mist

in WvW

Justine.6351

seems viable…
how bout guilds?

something preventing guilds breaking into teams of 5 and possibly fighting each other? I mean squads already break into 5s as is.