WvW Exploits

WvW Exploits

in WvW

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

Right now gunners hold are using trebs in saftey and unreachable at there main keep on EB map to constantly hit the walls 24/7…..

The trebs can not be destroyed as there far inside there keep.

Im sure I read here that this is not intended and is an exploit.

Also either GH or AR servers are sending players over with server tranfers from there guild, to waste supply on purpose in the hopes to exploit and get us to fail….

Seriously Arena Net plz sort out these exploits.

WvW Exploits

in WvW

Posted by: Syphen.1980

Syphen.1980

It sucks but it is intended :-( otherwise it would bekittennear impossible to take anything back by your citadell if you lose everything.

WvW Exploits

in WvW

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

Right now gunners hold are using trebs in saftey and unreachable at there main keep on EB map to constantly hit the walls 24/7…..

The trebs can not be destroyed as there far inside there keep.

Im sure I read here that this is not intended and is an exploit.

Show the thread saying so. unless they’re up on higher ground then me i’ve never had trouble hitting a enemy treb thats hitting me.

Also either GH or AR servers are sending players over with server tranfers from there guild, to waste supply on purpose in the hopes to exploit and get us to fail….

Seriously Arena Net plz sort out these exploits.

This i agree with. the server hopping is getting out of hand. Free transfers once every 24 hours is still to much imo. Give each account one free transfer (so new people can meet with their friends if they start on the wrong server) but after that make it a paying option with a longer CD (on the account) before joining into WvW matches. A lot less people will do it if they have to pay, and with the longer CD before joining WvW it’ll be way to late to for them to give positions or muck around with supplies.

WvW Exploits

in WvW

Posted by: Nucleotides.6928

Nucleotides.6928

It’s not so much that they can put them there it’s that they cannot be targeted. As it stands you can take out trebs on the top of SM and in garrison as long as you can target them.

However if you cannot see the bottom of the treb you cannot target it and therefore becomes unkillable. I do agree some places need this like north of garrison so you can take garrison back so you don’t get spawn camped trying to come back. However, when garrison can hit Bay uninhibited and SM can hit anything around it uninhibited then “snowballing” can happen.

Simple fix: make treb targeting the entire graphic instead of the base only.

WvW Exploits

in WvW

Posted by: Pie Formation.8196

Pie Formation.8196

Show the thread saying so. unless they’re up on higher ground then me i’ve never had trouble hitting a enemy treb thats hitting me.

They are. The red team keep in EB can treb the walls of stonemist without any way to counter treb them because of the height difference. And the keep’s virtually impossible to take in most cases because it’s fully upgraded and right next to their spawn.

Miyazawa Kengo — Nefarious Mushroom Plan [gasp] — Stormbluff Isle
“Come! Break your weapons upon me!”

WvW Exploits

in WvW

Nucleotides.6928

As far as overlook it’s made that way for a reason, they are the third seed for the match up so they get a little help but most spots can be aoed from the ground to kill them.

WvW Exploits

in WvW

Posted by: QTRKOBRA.1827

QTRKOBRA.1827

Hey Tron sorry for stealing your thread but I’d like to invite you into my guild, interested?

WvW Exploits

in WvW

TRON.1085

Hehe sorry I got my own guild But send me a mail in game and we can chat.

Basically we just AOE attacked there trebs from the walls and it is 100% impossible to hit the trebs in there overlook keep because the trebs are too far back.

This is an exploit for a few reasons….

1. It keeps stomemist contested 24/7 and you can never stop it. So this makes it an exploit, unable to stop them contesting a waypoint 100% of the time? Yeah exploit…

2. They are keeping the wall at 0% health all the time because of these trebs and we have no way to stop them. We can not even target those trebs that far back in there base.

3. They just keep building more, 4-5 of them inside the base and they drop a wall in minutes with no way to counter…..that can not be intended gameplay for WvW….

4. 24 hr server transfers are crap and need to be removed for WvW. Players are sending there guild member to another server for a few days to exploit and take supply and waste enemies supply from there towers and keeps forcing enemy team to lose.

5. There using server transfers to cause trolling in team chat, make teams become dis organised, start giving mis information and wrong intel so the enemy can attack one thing and have us be at another location….

6. There are too many more exploits to list with this….

Arena Net please address these issues.

WvW Exploits

in WvW

Posted by: Busko.7408

Busko.7408

Not only that Arena net should inc the range you can target somone at the moment standing at vista nere Anz in EB you cant target items on the wall of the most north teams keep. Even tho balista can shoot that Inc target range and inc of characters on screen should be increased.

Im a Kitty Cat rawr
what what what….

WvW Exploits

in WvW

Posted by: QTRKOBRA.1827

QTRKOBRA.1827

Tron you can join multiple guilds if you want to join mine?

WvW Exploits

in WvW

Posted by: Massacrul.2016

Massacrul.2016

Oh really guys? And you know that you can make trebuchets in SM to attack Wildcreek, klovan, anza, ogrewatch, durios, quentin working the same as that 1 in overlook? This was always like this, and never saw any1 complaining about this.

It works like this – Highest chamber of SM have “balconies” headed toward each of the towers. Well builded trebuchet can easily hit those towers walls, and because it’s the highest place in the WvW it’s impossible to counter treb them, and probably impossible to take it down using aoe. People on almost every server use this and i have never saw any complaint about this, so why should any1 complain about something like this in overlook?

WvW Exploits

in WvW

Posted by: Shini.7542

Shini.7542

Theres a huge hill (that with the vista) south of the red keep. Build sth there and destroy them. Treb on outer northern SM wall works as well and they can barely hit you with their trebs. IF they can hit you there, you can aoe those red keep trebs with normal aoes. Seen and done several times the last week.

[IL] Shinis (Thief+Ranger)
Dzagonur

WvW Exploits

in WvW

Posted by: Shintai.5618

Shintai.5618

Basically we just AOE attacked there trebs from the walls and it is 100% impossible to hit the trebs in there overlook keep because the trebs are too far back.

1. It keeps stomemist contested 24/7 and you can never stop it. So this makes it an exploit, unable to stop them contesting a waypoint 100% of the time? Yeah exploit…

2. They are keeping the wall at 0% health all the time because of these trebs and we have no way to stop them. We can not even target those trebs that far back in there base.

3. They just keep building more, 4-5 of them inside the base and they drop a wall in minutes with no way to counter…..that can not be intended gameplay for WvW….

4. 24 hr server transfers are crap and need to be removed for WvW. Players are sending there guild member to another server for a few days to exploit and take supply and waste enemies supply from there towers and keeps forcing enemy team to lose.

5. There using server transfers to cause trolling in team chat, make teams become dis organised, start giving mis information and wrong intel so the enemy can attack one thing and have us be at another location….

Couldnt have said it better. Also for server transfers you should get a 7 days qurantine to PvE only.

WvW Exploits

in WvW

Nucleotides.6928

That’s how it was suppose to be but they haven’t turned it on yet for who knows why.

WvW Exploits

in WvW

TRON.1085

Well after 48+ hours of holding stonemist fully upgraded with no sleep for 2 days leading desolaton as much as I could, we wiped the whole map this morning in EB and reset all of GH and AR upgrades on everything.

But we finally lost stonemist due to these exploits. We took it back but all the gold spent and all the hard work after 2 days of holding it from being attacked every 5 mins only to lose it because the enemy is exploiting with trebs and using them to hit stonemist 24/7 when we can’t do anything to hit those trebs.

Also they have players wasting supply on purpose and without supply holding stonemists is very much harder. These server transfer exploits need to stop in WvW.

Some of the trebs there using are inside the guild claiming roomkitten We sent squads of players to kill the trebs with AOE but there too far deep into there main keeps or towers that you can not counter those trebs. Even with siege of our own to counter t we can’t hit them.

So holding a fully upgraded position in EB map in WvW is impossible because of treb exploits where they build 4 trebs in perfect safety in guild claim rooms and too far to hit, and just spend an hour hamering on a wall and not even attacking. Over and over.

Oh well, has been fun battles anyway, all of there stuff is weak now because we reset there upgrades and now GH and AR arekitten because there have now allied against desolation lol.

WvW Exploits

in WvW

Posted by: Karicus.8356

Karicus.8356

How are these exploits??
1. Keeping a wp contested means slowing the reinforcements from your enemy, good tactic, not exploit.
2. keeping the wall at 0% health means you either have to spend supply to rebuild it, make a defense when they decide to actually push SM or mount an attack of your own.
3.If your talking about the position of the trebs where i think you mean.. is that position attack able? at any time? if so… attack it, maybe?

Holding SM is always difficult, even some of the large servers struggle without the man power, its always a target. From what i have read, i dont see exploits, i see tactics. shrugs

as for the server transfers, ANet will close those soon enough but with the MAC release, they cant. They are letting MAC users settle, find a home and such, much like they did when the PC version was released. So for now, swallow those transfers and know, soon enough, they will close.

Stormbluff Isle – The Brewery
www.thebrewery.weebly.com

WvW Exploits

in WvW

Posted by: Zulubeast.8519

Zulubeast.8519

1. If you’re going to take Stonemist, you better have a plan to keep it. I suppose all the Bays on the other borderlands being slammed by trebs at Garrison are also under the effects of exploits, no?

2. That’s not an exploit, just a symptom of the trebbing.

3. No way to counter, besides attacking the keep? Even if you can’t get inside, if you’re on the offensive, I’d say good luck to them trying to penetrate your walls while also defending their keep.

4. Transferring to another server isn’t an exploit, however it is being abused by a very small minority of the population in order to provoke posts just like this one. I agree with you that this issue needs to be addressed/resolved though.

5. Same as above.

6. Well if you want something done, you should lay out everything else you think is an exploit to get some more feedback

WvW Exploits

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Haha Tron cannot believe you carried on playing – you were promising to sleep saturday night.

As for people transfering worlds and using supply. Some few idiots would do this yes, but I think you would be shocked at the amount of people who do not know not to take supply from keeps or SM or who are just too lazy to do a supply run.

There are plenty of people still using wvw just to level which is fine, but others need to educate them on what they should and should not be doing, because alot simply do not have a clue.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

WvW Exploits

in WvW

Posted by: Karast.1927

Karast.1927

Well after 48+ hours of holding stonemist fully upgraded with no sleep for 2 days leading desolaton as much as I could, we wiped the whole map this morning in EB and reset all of GH and AR upgrades on everything.

But we finally lost stonemist due to these exploits. We took it back but all the gold spent and all the hard work after 2 days of holding it from being attacked every 5 mins only to lose it because the enemy is exploiting with trebs and using them to hit stonemist 24/7 when we can’t do anything to hit those trebs.

Also they have players wasting supply on purpose and without supply holding stonemists is very much harder. These server transfer exploits need to stop in WvW.

Some of the trebs there using are inside the guild claiming roomkitten We sent squads of players to kill the trebs with AOE but there too far deep into there main keeps or towers that you can not counter those trebs. Even with siege of our own to counter t we can’t hit them.

So holding a fully upgraded position in EB map in WvW is impossible because of treb exploits where they build 4 trebs in perfect safety in guild claim rooms and too far to hit, and just spend an hour hamering on a wall and not even attacking. Over and over.

Oh well, has been fun battles anyway, all of there stuff is weak now because we reset there upgrades and now GH and AR arekitten because there have now allied against desolation lol.

Use the hill behind orges. You can arch treb shots inside to hit the trebs at overlook. You gotta get the placement right but it works.

Unless they build them on the very top of the Poi.

WvW Exploits

in WvW

Posted by: ruok.8560

ruok.8560

It should not take a treb to take out a treb hitting your walls from withen there’s because its at a higher elevation. Last night i was in WvW match where the Garrison was keeping the outter wall at AB at 0 regardless of supplies flowing in for repairs. I log in this morning and not only have we lost AB we lost the whole left side of the map when we controled everything but the northern part the night before. Even the description of the trev: “Trebuchet: deals heavy area damage to walls and moderate damage to gates.” implies it isnt meant to be or required to take out another treb.