WvW Friday Reset Requested - Dont Forget

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I don’t hold out much hope of them ever moving it back once it changes- think of the CDI’s , golem week, etc., or even wvw achievements, guard buffs, to name but a few.

The record for listening to wvw players or acting on anything they say about wvw is pretty poor historically.

I stand to be corrected if indeed it is ever reviewed (publicly, not some mythical internal process) once changed.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platitude

we will just have to adjust to Saturdays.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Another thread?

Oh c’mon, we have four already, lol.

Just add to the existing ones please.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur

this thread is starting to amuse

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Another thread?

Oh c’mon, we have four already, lol.

Just add to the existing ones please.

I think my thread’s title get’s directly to the point though…and has a fresh POSITIVE pine scent to it.

We have this already.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Constructive-Feedback-WvW-Reset-Time-Change/first#post5618987

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

To me it’s simple.

If supposedly the extra day will ensure that bug fixes are to be made, and wvw is to be maintained to a certain level of quality higher than it currently is, I can just play on Friday anyways and deal with the change.

If I see the same kitten, then it’s Angry Thread Time™.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

I could see them changing the reset time but I don’t think you’re going to win the day battle. From their last post explaining that they want to be able to fix issues without affecting WvW reset it sounds like their minds are made up.

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

To me it’s simple.

If supposedly the extra day will ensure that bug fixes are to be made, and wvw is to be maintained to a certain level of quality higher than it currently is, I can just play on Friday anyways and deal with the change.

If I see the same kitten, then it’s Angry Thread Time™.

The only problem with that is, if you play WvW as intended (I do not :X), then you play for the massive fights and to win PPT. With that said, most of these matches are (well)decided by Friday morning with the current Friday evening/night reset. With a Saturday evening reset you are talking about another 24hrs of basically meaningless playtime (again as it relates to score); and not only is it meaningless but it occurs now in between 2 of the most popular days for WvW on NA servers.

On one hand I guess you could argue that with the extra day that gives you more time to play catchup, but if you have played this game since launch you will know that is not how the “pug population” operates. Instead the matchups will operate basically the same as they do now, it will just seem like there is another day tied on to the blowouts by week’s end.

Friday Reset was important because it gave a finality to a match, that also coincided with the finality of the workweek or schoolweek for NA players on NA servers. (IE: the majority, stated as a matter of fact not meant to be rude) Now my guess is Fridays will be what Thursday night is now just “on steroids” with the added weekend crowd, instead of this massive event that it used to be.