WvW Golem EXPLOIT is widespread

in WvW

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

I’d venture to guesstimate that probably 50% or more of players running around on foot are using the exploit Golem “+100% damage to players” buff.

Attached screenshot shows a thief striking for essentially 35k damage in five hits; this burst isn’t even remarkable. Warrior volleys are hitting for 20+k, ranger rapid fire can hit for 30k, etc etc etc.

This is out of control and the lack of response or even acknowledgment by ArenaNet regarding this obvious and broken exploit is a slap in the face to the WvW community. If we are stuck with the gimmicky golem changes, is it so much to ask that at least the golem buff EXPLOIT be addressed?

Attachments:

(edited by Sunreva.8714)

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

It’ll be fixed at the end of the week when the event ends. If you want it fixed sooner you should be asking for them to end this stupid kittening event early

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Be careful with the damage logs. Myself running around in full glass still does more damage than people using the buff, considerably more.

in WvW

Sunreva.8714

The thief who did that damage had the golem buff.

It’s getting difficult to run across players who are NOT running the buff, it’s widespread at this point.

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Why hasn’t this been fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I’d venture to guesstimate that probably 50% or more of players running around on foot are using the exploit Golem “+100% damage to players” buff.

Attached screenshot shows a thief striking for essentially 35k damage in five hits; this burst isn’t even remarkable. Warrior volleys are hitting for 20+k, ranger rapid fire can hit for 30k, etc etc etc.

This is out of control and the lack of response or even acknowledgment by ArenaNet regarding this obvious and broken exploit is a slap in the face to the WvW community. If we are stuck with the gimmicky golem changes, is it so much to ask that at least the golem buff EXPLOIT be addressed?

Tank up. My full zerk ascended necro hits people for 10k+ life blasts pretty often. That is without this stupid event lol.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

This kitten is kittened,i Just enter eb..the first thief i see has the exploit while running outside of a golem.Insta down,even lightning strike hit me for 4.6k…good kittening game anet,amateurs.

in WvW

Posted by: velocity.4621

velocity.4621

yep…i hope this will be fixed ASAP….

this atachment is from this morning wvw, and just now i encounter 2 roamers with supercharged siege golem buffs on both of em…

so annoying…

Attachments:

Life will be easier if guardian have 25% passive movement speed.

Raavaholic | [MM] Metro Mini Transformers Founder & Leader | SEA |

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Just report everybody who uses this for exploiting. Maybe when their customer support explodes they will wake up.

in WvW

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

I dont know about you guys, but i want see people being banned for abusing this bug. Its an exploit people doing on a PURPOSE.

obey me

in WvW

Posted by: minime.3157

minime.3157

The majority of [AKGL] a Baruch Bay Guild is openly using this exploit, WvW is bad enough this week but to willingly use this exploit shows how pathetic you are ( if you are one of the one’s using it).

+1 to reporting anyone using it.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Bug needs to be fixed and players abusing them should get suspended till event is over or banned. I’d rather see them get banned since we all know bugs happened and if they abuse this one, they will be the first to abuse the next bug..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

you actually have to -try- to get this buff on you without being in a golem so yes, it is most certainly an exploit.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Sunreva.8714

Attached another screenshot for what WvW is like now. These are two separate bursts, first one is for essentially 56k, second one is for essentially 50k

The golem-buff exploit continues to become more widespread. Arenanet remains silent, and has not addressed or even acknowledged this game breaking exploit.

Clearly WvW means nothing to Arenanet, that much has become pitifully obvious.

Attachments:

in WvW

Puck.9612

you actually have to -try- to get this buff on you without being in a golem so yes, it is most certainly an exploit.

Not true, plenty of people have gotten it accidentally by trying to hop in the same golem at the same time, and apparently some people have gotten it from just killing golems.

I honestly don’t care about people using this bug, the whole week is kittened anyway. If these bugged players spoil the k-train experience it’s no skin off my back. Maybe it will convince anet to end this crap early.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Yea I guess I should have used exploit instead of bug. I was in a party with some randoms and one asked if there were golems at spawn so we can get the golem buff without golems.

I usually party with anyone who wants to follow or tag along but now I don’t even want to do that. He even laughed at me when I said I hope they ban people that use exploits.

Come on anet you disabled putting siege away when there was a bug so disable the golems until you fix it. People are abusing this.

Can we finally get an option to report exploiters seeing as bugs you create are ruining the fun for others instead of reporting people for botting and having those reports go into la la land…

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

It honestly seems like spite now, recent anet posts on the bugs forums and still not one word or any actions taken about the golem exploit issue and duping reports.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: xekius.1802

xekius.1802

I am pretty sure that i was the thief that was doing that to you, and I kinda want to apologize. Me and my friends had found that bug on accident and we thought that it would be fun to mess around, later on that evening we ended up fighting a 5v20ish and wining b/c of the bug. But I do agree that this is extremely broken and needs to be fixed now.

Still Winning and Grinning [SWäG]

in WvW

Posted by: Orros.6753

Orros.6753

Enough is enough. Everyone knows its the same people on the servers using the exploit.
Either fix the bug or disable the golems. Its not fair to those of us that follow the rules.

in WvW

Puck.9612

It’s definitely broken but is it really any more broken than having golems that do double damage?

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Not true, plenty of people have gotten it accidentally by trying to hop in the same golem at the same time, and apparently some people have gotten it from just killing golems.

I honestly don’t care about people using this bug, the whole week is kittened anyway. If these bugged players spoil the k-train experience it’s no skin off my back. Maybe it will convince anet to end this crap early.

i’m sure plenty have gotten it accidentally, but after seeing entire guild groups running the same buff, i cannot let it pass off as accidental.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Hey you know what, if anet refuses to respond and still haven’t even put a fix out or end this stupid event after 4 days, go all out and exploit it all, dupe as much golems as you can.

So kitten pitiful how bad this game and arenanet have gotten in the last month, so glad I haven’t pre purchased the expansion.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Anyone got 40k killshot or something like that?

in WvW

Posted by: Red Daing.7804

Red Daing.7804

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

No surprises that this guild is exploiting the hell out of the bug.

Attachments:

in WvW

Sunreva.8714

Why hasn’t this been fixed yet?

Can we disable this golem buff please?

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

Working as intended. This game has gone to the kittenter.

in WvW

EvilSardine.9635

Is this being disabled or what?

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

Why hasn’t this been fixed yet?

Can we disable this golem buff please?

No, you have to deal with it. Working as intended. We all have to deal with it.

Sad, but true.

in WvW

Posted by: roseimperial.9326

roseimperial.9326

I’ve reported all the players who were using this exploit in WvW. I hope anet actually does something about it and bans those players.

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

I’ve reported all the players who were using this exploit in WvW. I hope anet actually does something about it and bans those players.

Lol – don’t take this the wrong way because it isn’t directed at you. But they won’t do anything at all but continue to reward them with WvW ranks, exp, and loot bags.

First sign of this and the patch / event should have been removed. Just goes to show that:

A. they don’t care
B. they are inept
C. they have no Quality Assurance

in WvW

Sunreva.8714

How simple would it be to disable the buff, at least until the exploit is fixed?

I’m actually amazed that this disaster has gone on this long.

in WvW

Posted by: Bias.4306

Bias.4306

Lol – don’t take this the wrong way because it isn’t directed at you. But they won’t do anything at all but continue to reward them with WvW ranks, exp, and loot bags.

First sign of this and the patch / event should have been removed. Just goes to show that:

A. they don’t care
B. they are inept
C. they have no Quality Assurance

The hilarious thing about this is that the guy who coded it put in as a 100% damage modifier rather than going through each of the individual golems skills and adding 100% there.

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

The point of this event was to make WvW a complete joke.

I’d say it’s working as intended, exploit and all.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

The hilarious thing about this is that the guy who coded it put in as a 100% damage modifier rather than going through each of the individual golems skills and adding 100% there.

Yeah pretty hilarious that they didn’t code it to work only on golems and their skills, nope just plain 100% damage boost. Would have made it useless on players and negated one bug at least.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

I dont know about you guys, but i want see people being banned for abusing this bug. Its an exploit people doing on a PURPOSE.

I’m not someone encouraging the use of this exploit but if you ban people for this you’re talking about 50%+ of the WvW playerbase.

This is something unfortunate but has to be waited out.

Hope it does get fixed asap, as of right now its just… weird.

(edited by WEXXES.2378)

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The event was already questionable without all the bugs, now with 36k Killshots and 250k Icestorms (10400 per hit times 24) it’s a complete disaster.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

I’ve tried hoping for the best, but it seems they are purposely ignoring every thread about this. I hate it when they go silent like this. It’s like the worst response possible. It does seem like they are just going to wait it out. I was actually enjoying the event but getting ganked and zerged down by people exploiting the game has ruined it.

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

I have had these w/o the buff

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in WvW

Posted by: Tieris.5317

Tieris.5317

I’ve personally reported 2 of the 4 you pictured several times over the past couple days and yet nothing has been done, no word from Anet. It’s disappointing to say the least.

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Went out of the spawn trying to do some roaming. This is basically the first greeting I received.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Went out of the spawn trying to do some roaming. This is basically the first greeting I received.

Ha..my experience yday,also the first thing i met was a thief exploiting,had 14k backstab on me and lightning strike ( sig ) that popped for 4.6 i think,just lol…
This silence from anet is wonderful aswell.

in WvW

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

anet has been slapping wvwers for years you get used to it

in WvW

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

This is absolutely not true.

I picked it up without wanting or trying, had to relog and lose my spot on the map to clear it. (I don’t think I had it long, a single point cap at most, didn’t have it approaching the Forge, had it immediately after)

Are plenty of people abusing it? Definitely.
But there are some who don’t know they’ve picked it up (like me) who’d really rather not get banned because of a devs clustertruck of code.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

I have had these w/o the buff

On normal player, not some uplvl naked scrubcakes with stacked 25 vulenrability/might xD

in WvW

Sunreva.8714

Saturday – nothing
Sunday – nothing
Monday – nothing
Tuesday – nothing

Nothing is being done to address this exploit.

in WvW

EvilSardine.9635

This is absurd. It still hasn’t been fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: Korimor.2406

Korimor.2406

This is absolutely not true.

I picked it up without wanting or trying, had to relog and lose my spot on the map to clear it. (I don’t think I had it long, a single point cap at most, didn’t have it approaching the Forge, had it immediately after)

Are plenty of people abusing it? Definitely.
But there are some who don’t know they’ve picked it up (like me) who’d really rather not get banned because of a devs clustertruck of code.

“Doesn’t matter, you exploited the bug, you deserve a ban” -Most people.

They seriously need to fix this, it’s almost comical at this point. I have yet to meet a roamer in EB without this bug or someone in their group with it on.

But the way ANet has (hasn’t?) responded is basically telling the majority of people “Go ahead, it is only going to be around for a few days” and that’s exactly what a lot of people are doing

Maguuma – “The Legendary Guy”
Jedi – Revenant, Tylox – Thief, Roeina – Ele, Korimor – Warrior
youtube.com/user/KorimorSWG

in WvW

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

Saturday – nothing
Sunday – nothing
Monday – nothing
Tuesday – nothing

Nothing is being done to address this exploit.

Inaction is an action in that ANET decide to not act .

They can be accused therefore of condoning hacking
condoning bugs
condoning WvW as a joke.

They have the power to stop it .
They have the means to talk about it.
They have the ability to punish.

In there absolute inaction in fact veritable support in the points of interest ..they are clearly making a decision and there action is to do nothing .

To condone and by condoning allowing thus supporting .

They still have the ability to prove many wrong but as time slips away there defense becomes increasingly flimsy.