WvW Guild Mission Requirement

in WvW

Posted by: Folsted.8647

Folsted.8647

So I’m trying to build up a guild hall with my girlfriend. It’s time consuming and expensive just 2 people, but it’s fun to do, it’s a thing to do while waiting for content.
We do mostly WvW and some PvE for materials and such as everyone is doing. But when the guild missions require at least 3 people to participate, that makes it a bit hard to level up a Guild Hall.

Is there a reasoning for the 3 and 5 people requirement on guild missions, which I’m not aware of, or is it just an arbitrary boundary set?
Is it to avoid small guilds like what we are doing perhaps? If so, then why is there still a few missions we can get without that requirement? (This week we are lucky to have 3 missions available which require 3 people as minimum).

Sorry if it’s posted in a wrong subforum, but I didn’t quite see where else it would fit.

Regards
Folsted

in WvW

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

So I’m trying to build up a guild hall with my girlfriend. It’s time consuming and expensive just 2 people, but it’s fun to do, it’s a thing to do while waiting for content.
We do mostly WvW and some PvE for materials and such as everyone is doing. But when the guild missions require at least 3 people to participate, that makes it a bit hard to level up a Guild Hall.

Is there a reasoning for the 3 and 5 people requirement on guild missions, which I’m not aware of, or is it just an arbitrary boundary set?
Is it to avoid small guilds like what we are doing perhaps? If so, then why is there still a few missions we can get without that requirement? (This week we are lucky to have 3 missions available which require 3 people as minimum).

Sorry if it’s posted in a wrong subforum, but I didn’t quite see where else it would fit.

Regards
Folsted

Honestly, I don’t think they anticipated 1-2 people trying to build up a guild hall and the WvW missions typically reflect that. I did a guild with my brother. I just used the PvE missions only. It’s usually fairly easy and quick enough to use those to generate the favor needed for the upgrades.

in WvW

Posted by: Folsted.8647

Folsted.8647

Well problem is, a decent amount of the PvE ones also have this 3/5 people requirement, we had 2 weeks without any we could do, due to that requirement.

in WvW

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

Well problem is, a decent amount of the PvE ones also have this 3/5 people requirement, we had 2 weeks without any we could do, due to that requirement.

Yeah, true, but the “easy” missions can always be done solo.

The medium trek can be done with two unless you get one that involves a jumping puzzle. I used to park one of my rarely used toons on a few of those so I could quickly switch and interact with the circle.

The races can all be done solo as long as you get on a map with another group already running it. You just wait until it looks like they will get 15/15. Then you start your mission, run the course once and talk to the guy at the end and claim your guild credit.

The amount of mats required and the mining rate on the aetherium will slow you down more than the favor.

You have to select the option to give you only PvE missions to maximize your chances of getting these.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Small is not equal to tiny and is not equal to pair.

You and your gf are a pair which is why the number 3, I believe.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)