WvW Issues..

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Posted by: Rizu.7806

Rizu.7806

Q:

Will Anet address any of the issues being asked on these forums regarding WvW?

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Anyone else see tumbleweed and hear crickets?

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Rizu.7806

Well I guess so…

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Yes. They have already addressed some issues (they nerfed gathering synth nodes in wvw, added veterans, fixed ruins daily, reduced laser damage).

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Posted by: Calista.1975

Calista.1975

Yes. They have already addressed some issues (they nerfed gathering synth nodes in wvw, added veterans, fixed ruins daily, reduced laser damage).

Thing is none of this matters until they address the core issues and /or respond to the players directly Anet is losing players left and right and seams they really dont give a dam they only respond to the “positive threads” way to stick your heads in the sand Anet…

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

The question was “Will Anet address any of the issues”. See, any… I answered.

If you ask about specific core issues then absolutely, they need to be fixed. But you can not say nothing has been done.

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

Both south dolly (east and west) are working now. This was an important issue.

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Honestly, as long as feed back is given in a helpful and constructive manner and devoid of passive/aggressive sniping and quitting threats (lol) I’m sure it will be looked at. What the Wvw community has always failed to realize is that the bigger the temper tantrum the more you are ignored. Child Psych101.

CCCP….

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Posted by: Ranger Emeritus.2905

Ranger Emeritus.2905

Really. Why would anyone snipe and insult after being almost 100% totally ignored for 3 years. Its against human nature right . You don’t learn that in a classroom. Try that with your wife/girlfriend for a day and learn the true meaning of snipe and insult. Yes I did leave because I was a walking definition of insanity. Doing the same thing, complaining, and expecting different results from Anet. BTW my main guild leader got the keys to my bank vault starting with 43 stacks of ori ingots. 16 toons, 2 accts, 10k hours and I leave it to you. Having to get accustomed to not complaining about the games I am playing now. Hard habit to break. Have fun guys.

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Yes most likely just not now but when its ready.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Yes, they will.

But we don’t known when, and you might not like how they resolve the issues.

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Calista.1975

Honestly, as long as feed back is given in a helpful and constructive manner and devoid of passive/aggressive sniping and quitting threats (lol) I’m sure it will be looked at. What the Wvw community has always failed to realize is that the bigger the temper tantrum the more you are ignored. Child Psych101.

You keep thinking that…lol the reason people are so frustrated in the 1st place is because they have been trying to talk to Anet “constructively” for years it seams and it always falls on deaf ears..

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Ever thought…the Developers who post here in this WvW forum don’t have authority to make or comment about the changes that this community have been asking for.

It’s not that it falls on deaf ears…they’re just not allowed to respond themselves.

Just a different perspective…that may or may not be true.

Curious to know what the Chain of Command for WvW Development is.

Critically – Also, what’s behind the WvW Vision that directs the development.

(edited by Diku.2546)

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Calista.1975

Making excuses for Anets really not going to get the ball rolling people..lol of course I realize the fourom mods are not the “be all end all” of getting stuff done heck I feel for them it must be frustrating as hell being a 9-5 Anet worker and having to read all the complaints and kittening but! that dosent excuse the fact that at some point the Anet higher ups are being made aware that a good amount of the players are not happy yet they just sit there in silence HOT is a slap in the older players faces wvw is a disaster its a sad and frustrating situation all around..

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Posted by: Rag.9758

Rag.9758

Damage has been done, we’ve given feedback and has taken them this long to respond.
Guilds have left the game and most simply transferred to higher tiers to salvage whats left of raiding as a guild.
Rip

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Damage has been done, we’ve given feedback and has taken them this long to respond.
Guilds have left the game and most simply transferred to higher tiers to salvage whats left of raiding as a guild.
Rip

Honestly the guild have left the game some time ago they where coming back for HoT and they tried it out now they are back to being “gone.” RvR has a life span ppt more so then “fights” and at the end of the day the guilds that are pure ppt aimed will feel and be betrayed by there worlds etc.. and they will leave. Its the fight guilds that stay much longer but they get bored fighting the same ppl over and over (all though that IS the ideal behind rvr lol).

That kind of RvR and the problem with it you need ppl larges numbers of ppl playing the same game for years to make it fun and worth having. With out it you lose ppl and it becomes a self destroying cycle. So its a boon or bust set up and realy at the end of the day if all you have IS rvr your doomed to quit or have other quit on you.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Ever thought…the Developers who post here in this WvW forum don’t have authority to make or comment about the changes that this community have been asking for.

It’s not that it falls on deaf ears…they’re just not allowed to respond themselves.

Just a different perspective…that may or may not be true.

Curious to know what the Chain of Command for WvW Development is.

Critically – Also, what’s behind the WvW Vision that directs the development.

Yes. I have thought about that, I also think that there are quite a few devs that would like to do something about it but they can’t because their hands are tied by the management.

But does it matter at this point if its the lower end devs or the suits in charge that put this game mode in such an abysmal state ? Only thing that matters now is what can be done and how quickly, and IF it can be done at all before time runs out if its not too late already on this downward spiral.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

It looks like WvW is handled by PvE management, rather than by a specific team of people who fully understand the environment. That may be why they keep on putting PvE trash in WvW. They give us what they think we want, not what we ask for.

What they are achieving is alienating players, a lot of them have already left and others are looking at the options.

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Rizu.7806

^^ Seems like it…

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I can’t hear the crickets over the tumbleweed stampede.

Whispers with meat.

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

I can’t hear the crickets over the tumbleweed stampede.

There was thread about a week ago. Someone killed the crickets.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

They did.

Here:

Copy-Pasting this here for you:
I think [..] a lot of us felt that what John had stated wasn’t actually true after Colin’s recent interview on MMORPG.com.

Let’s remember Mike O’Brien’s statement

We’ve set a clear policy in the past year: we don’t talk speculatively about future development. We don’t want to string you along.

Colin reiterates this in the interview:

we still have work to do to address core fundamental issues like population balance, rewards, scoring, night capping, etc. As always we don’t discuss features in development until they are far enough along to share meaningful details, so for now we’ll just say WvW is the final big game system on our radar

Despite being unable to talk about things in development for fear of stringing us along, I think some of us (I know I am guilty of this) expected a little more communication when John said

As this effort ramps up you will be hearing more from us about the work in progress.

Anyway, that’s a recap of where we are.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

WvW Issues..

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They did.

Here:

Copy-Pasting this here for you:
I think [..] a lot of us felt that what John had stated wasn’t actually true after Colin’s recent interview on MMORPG.com.

Let’s remember Mike O’Brien’s statement

We’ve set a clear policy in the past year: we don’t talk speculatively about future development. We don’t want to string you along.

Colin reiterates this in the interview:

we still have work to do to address core fundamental issues like population balance, rewards, scoring, night capping, etc. As always we don’t discuss features in development until they are far enough along to share meaningful details, so for now we’ll just say WvW is the final big game system on our radar

Despite being unable to talk about things in development for fear of stringing us along, I think some of us (I know I am guilty of this) expected a little more communication when John said

As this effort ramps up you will be hearing more from us about the work in progress.

Anyway, that’s a recap of where we are.

You may add this from the French forum:
https://forum-fr.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Frontali-res-d-sesp-r-ment-d-s-rtes-sujets-fusionn-s

“L’extension a été lancée il y a à peine plus d’une semaine il est très probable que si vous leur laissez un peu de temps, vos adversaire reviendront vous affronter dès qu’ils auront fini d’explorer la jungle.”

Quick translation: “We expect people to come back to WvW when they are done exploring the WvW jungle”

Doesn’t look promising. I don’t think they have anything planned for WvW, I think they are severely understaffed.