WvW - It's been a while.

WvW - It's been a while.

in WvW

Posted by: FluffyFox.2756

FluffyFox.2756

So, I’ll admit, way back when the game was new, I gave WvW a try or two for a few days’ span. I didn’t really care for it.

I’ll also admit that I came back to WvW for the achieves… but, as a more experienced and knowledgeable player than I was back then, I am very much so enjoying WvW. I will continue to play it even after I get all these achieves done.

I wanted to extend my thanks to ArenaNet for giving me a reason to revisit WvW, and show me what a fun game mode it could be.

I would also like to ask all the awesome, dedicated WvW players to cut us PvE’ers some slack You never know when one of us will try to become one of you!

WvW - It's been a while.

in WvW

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I concur. The same happened to myself.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

WvW - It's been a while.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Aye I think that is one of the best things that came with the achievements. Old players giving it another try and new players giving it a first try and might find they like it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

WvW - It's been a while.

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

I agree as much as I hear people complaining about queues and pve players, I actually overall like the change!! It gets more people involved in WvW and that I like!! Even when they order fortify before waypoint sometimes! lol

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

WvW - It's been a while.

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Welcome to WvW!

Same thing here, when GW2 first came out, I wasn’t too keen on WvW, little did I know then that it would become my favourite part of GW2 by a HUGE margin.

WvW - It's been a while.

in WvW

Posted by: Sigmar.2185

Sigmar.2185

Welcome back to World versus World, Fluffy

May you consider this, to help you (or not) improve your performance:

1- Recommend the reading of this thread, for it contains tips / lil guide made by experienced WvW players in the past and can give you useful clues how to help in the mists:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/WvW-101-basic-TIPS

2- Don’t recommend for example, Reading this other recently thread concerning WvW season 1 and Achievements points hunting, for it contains improperly adverts to PvE players:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/You-know-a-PvE-player-in-WvW-when

3- With time, if you get kind of addicted to WvW, maybe you’ll beginning to express the game play similar to this very old thread (9 months):

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Only-a-WvW-player

Good games and have fun

[ALPH] – Gandara

WvW - It's been a while.

in WvW

Posted by: FluffyFox.2756

FluffyFox.2756

Thanks! I found that thread helpful

WvW - It's been a while.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I started giving hall passes to anything Footman or lower. Wish I could see our sides rankings and extend the same courtesy to my fellow server players. I am sure they are tired of me yelling “Get off the XYZ SIEGE if you don’t have siege mastery and XYZ MASTERY”.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”