WvW Jumping Puzzle Courtesy - /wave

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Rules are rules.

If you’re playing poker, you don’t throw down your hand just because your opponent ‘/waves’ at you!
What’s the point of playing a game in that way?

This thread is utterly, utterly ridiculous.

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

I could care less about fighting at the jump puzzles, what I’ve seen so far is a bunch of frustrated Red’s trying to complete the dumb thing… So aggravated, the notion of fighting each other isn’t even a thought on anyone’s mind.

In 2 days I’ve spent 2 hours completing 2 jump puzzles… Something about my connection short jumps me every other or third time I jump… Real frustrating. Yet, I’m stuck trying to do these idiotic things cause of the wvw achievement I want.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

So you all are basically so bad at PvP that you need to camp in half empty jp for hours, just for opportunity to backstab/knockback some unfortunate soul?

Back in the time when I used to camp them they were the only way to get Soldier trinkets, so it was pretty entertaining.

I did all 4 jps yesterday hoping to find griefers, and nope, nothing.
And the few enemies there were jumping with the JQ guys with no problem. You people lied to me.

Bläck Dähliä

in WvW

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

After reading some of these posts, I can see how much rage this is causing.
Time to bring my hammer mwahahaha

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

I’ve had people respect waves and wave back and people who didn’t. I’ve had people not attack me when I didn’t attack them and people who attacked me anyway. If they attack, I fight back. I also did one of the jumping puzzles in my city clothes, which is another way to indicate you don’t want a fight and so I wouldn’t accidentally attack people not attacking me. If there was any pattern to it, it seemed that lone players and pairs were far less likely to attack than full parties. Make of that what you will.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Devs have posted that killing in JPs is intentional, so embrace the spirit and hit people around a bit. PvE players shouldn’t be allowed to gain PvP rewards without having to participate in PvP.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I never attack first in a JP but outside of them it’s on.

If attacked inside a JP, if I down you, you might as well leave for 30 minutes to an hour because I will farm you. This goes for anyone I see attacking my server mates as well UNLESS I see my server mate attack first, in which case it isn’t my concern.

I have no remorse for people who grief in JP’s and no matter what server you are on, I will stand over your corpse and spam /laugh when you die.

Hey its not griefing. It’s intended.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: SonOfOdin.9586

SonOfOdin.9586

I’m quite dissapointed with the fact that the JPs are part of the WvW achievements.
I hate JPs and never do them to avoid frustration. The achievement points lost due not doing them does kinda get to me.

Although with the very few I’ve done in WvW, I appreciate players who show some courtesy and let you get on with your puzzle but on the other hand I can’t really blame others for looking for a fight, it’s a WvW zone afterall.

Just pushing people of ledges is kinda low though.

in WvW

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

If someone /waves to you, it means they are not looking to fight.

if you are in www you ARE looking for a fight.

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

If someone /waves to you, it means they are not looking to fight.

if you are in www you ARE looking for a fight.

except campers don’t fight, they just stand on the platform above you and prevent you by all means to proceed further, that is called griefing not fighting; if those ppl end up in actual fight they usually run for their life or get downed pretty fast as they suck in actual combat

ppl who don’t suck don’t need camping ppl like this; only morons who don’t even know how to pvp abuse that kind of crap

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

I never attack first in a JP but outside of them it’s on.

If attacked inside a JP, if I down you, you might as well leave for 30 minutes to an hour because I will farm you. This goes for anyone I see attacking my server mates as well UNLESS I see my server mate attack first, in which case it isn’t my concern.

I have no remorse for people who grief in JP’s and no matter what server you are on, I will stand over your corpse and spam /laugh when you die.

Hey its not griefing. It’s intended.

Doesn’t matter what it is called, I share the sentiment listed above.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.5193

Mike.5193

I defend myself at all times, I just don’t initiate conflict in any JP.

IoJ – [Lost]
Tuck and Roll: Warrior – What Everyone Loves: Guardian -Hardkore Junglist: Ranger -
Kitty Gearwrench: Engineer – Dwomm: Elementalist – Which Kitten Is It: Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Did the eb JP for the first time last night. Had a TC asura warrior camping the arena area with the monsters in it. Just wanted to put it out there just incase he reads this.

my pull had a longer range then you thought. Didn’t see you /laughing when I burried my scarecrow in your face.

but at the same time good on you, you camp JP to get under peoples skin and you accomplished that.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I appreciate courtesy in the JPs, especially Ob. Sanctum; but posts like this make me want to wait behind waterfalls with my guardian and spam banish.

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Guard Shield skill #5 trolling – love it.

in WvW

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

I don’t attack other players in JPs.

I have had a lot of fun, though, fighting other players who attacked me. There’s nothing quite like the cat-and-mouse quality that those maps can provide with all of the levels and hidey-holes.

It’s especially fun when I’m alone and a group comes in, feeling safe because of their numbers. Funny how Into the Void doesn’t care how many of them there are.

(edited by Gibson.4036)

in WvW

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

I very rarely attack others in EB JP while I’m doing it. But when I’m done, I like to stick around at the flat area just after the arena part and fight people there.
I act like the final boss of the JP.

Now hate me.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

I appreciate courtesy in the JPs, especially Ob. Sanctum; but posts like this make me want to wait behind waterfalls with my guardian and spam banish.

I don’t understand the logic to this post. You appreciate courtesy, but when someone makes a post asking for it, you suddenly want to ignore all courtesy?

That’s a pretty major disconnect.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Because its nice when it happens on its own.

When someone asks for it its kinda like diminishes the act.

For example: If I was planning on doing the dishes after dinner, and just as I was getting up to do the dishes I was asked to do the dishes. . . I feel a bit peeved. Its the same thing here.

If I see you in the jumping puzzle and you wave at me. If I decide to wave back and let you through, that’s part of the game and fun to me. If I decide to fight you instead that is my prerogative and I can do that if I please as well. Its not griefing to do either but intended gameplay.

If you come on the forum and whine that I’m not letting people through waving at me, you can be sure that ill be more likely not to extend the courtesy because it annoys me that you ran to the forum to ask.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

So I needed the Emerald and Sapphire JPs to finish my season achievements but the past two weeks we have been red. So I take my trusty mesmer over to ET’s bl, wander past everything to the JP and run it. Then I port over to DR’s bl and do the same thing.

Strange thing though. I never saw one enemy either running across both maps or doing the JPs.

So thanks to DR and ET I have my key!

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

JP’s are one reason I really enjoy my Necro in WvW, since we’re on the subject. We have so many ways to fear you or pull you off ledges and cause you to miss jumps (ie: Fear, Chill, SG) that we can pretty much unofficially Moderate the JP’s as we see fit as long as you’re within max range.

Just another reason I look out for those that just want to finish and be done as well as troll those that are attacking them. The only other class that really annoys me are Mesmers and near perma-stealth thieves; but the thieves are broken and annoy everyone in WvW no matter where they are so meh.

in WvW

Posted by: Felix.2613

Felix.2613

I have been doing JPs for the first time because of the achievement. Met a few reds and we didn’t bother each other much. There was one incident though, this Charr character and me were doing fine doing the same jumps. Then right as he was about to jump, I made an autoattack by mistake.

He got into combat mode which means slow and so he jumped into the air and fell right down.

It reminded me of fail cat

in WvW

Posted by: Kiro.3164

Kiro.3164

Sometimes people take /wave as a threat lol. Any emote is the equivalent of a threat actually. PvP is PvP.

Main: Lv80 Thief
Alts: Lv80 Necromancer, Lv80 Mesmer
[GoF] Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Sometimes people take /wave as a threat lol. Any emote is the equivalent of a threat actually. PvP is PvP.

Any emote is a threat. Running around is a threat. Walking around is a threat. Standing still is a threat. Dancing is a threat. At least that’s how it appears sometimes in 1v1.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Ohhhh I haven’t been to the EBJP in ages…. may have to start back up…. had a blast last time.

Edit: 2v10ing pve players is really fun lol

in WvW

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Is there a WvW season achievement for having the most unfriendly community?

…because I see some winners here.

I love doing 1vX against people who are fighting back. I don’t see what’s so fun about the other kind.

in WvW

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

Ohhhh I haven’t been to the EBJP in ages…. may have to start back up…. had a blast last time.

Edit: 2v10ing pve players is really fun lol

That was fun to watch

in WvW

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

Hmm? Fighting in a BL JP offers no contribution to WvW efforts. If you’re one of the many against this post, and intentionally prolong your time within a JP, then do your server a favor and log-off so someone wanting to WvW can join. In actuality, you shouldn’t even be at the JP. I only just today completed the BL JPs (for meta), and I’ve played WvW heavily since the start.

JPs are basically PvE anyways. ;P

in WvW

Draygo.9473

if someone is repeatedly getting bloodlust stomped or your stopping more people than yourself from getting through the puzzle you are providing a positive contribution for your server.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

if someone is repeatedly getting bloodlust stomped

I think you’d have higher chances for that outside of the BL JP — especially when enemies can easily suicide off (the plentiful) cliffs to avoid it.

or your stopping more people than yourself from getting through the puzzle

… and to what avail? These JPs have either PvE’ers or griefers, and neither serve a meaningful purpose — especially since siege is cheap on TP now.

in WvW

Posted by: Arondrinor.5307

Arondrinor.5307

Hmm? Fighting in a BL JP offers no contribution to WvW efforts. If you’re one of the many against this post, and intentionally prolong your time within a JP, then do your server a favor and log-off so someone wanting to WvW can join. In actuality, you shouldn’t even be at the JP. I only just today completed the BL JPs (for meta), and I’ve played WvW heavily since the start.

You have a good point at BL JP’s but what PvE? EB JP is the only place you can stack your bloodlust sigil with killing players. No guards, no PvE events, no capture points etc. It provides more PvP than WvW. I like the small scale figths and EB JP is very good place for find them. Btw only mobs are in arena but when you defeat them they turn green and you can’t stack your sigil with killing them. Also I remember when you kill a player with using finisher you provide a point for your home world.

edit: Also when you enter the Eb JP you leave the EB map.

(edited by Arondrinor.5307)

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

jumping puzzle doesn’t affect the Q anymore and your very wrong about it not contributing to the team. you spend enough time killing players in the JP and they start to cry in team and map chats and ultimately on forums, that attracts either their guildmates or random wvw players to come into the JP to find you. that is directly taking their players out of wvw. its also a valid way to help your server break the moral of the opposing teams. you only need to gank a player a couple times to get them to rage quit wvw and not want to play for a long time.

in WvW

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

you only need to gank a player a couple times to get them to rage quit wvw and not want to play for a long time.

I’m just gonna let that speak for itself.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I am such a terrible jumper, the only time I ever did the eb jp, it took me an hour. Kept falling, over and over. The enemy wound up killing everyone but me, probably because I was a great source of amusement.

L’enfer, c’est les autres