WvW Jumping Puzzles

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Q:

When is “trolling” or holding choke points or excessive player killing considered “griefing” in WvW jumping puzzles? Is there even such a thing as “griefing” in WvW jumping puzzles?

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

A:

No, there is not. PvP happens in PvP area.

It is generally considered cheap tactics or “inferior gameplay” to camp things like the arena, but it’s not against the games ToC.

Those that choke an open field of play in Jumping puzzles are welcome, those that need an advantage I say “compensate for lack of skill”

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Never.

You fight and win or die and loose.

Holding choke points is good tactics, even in the JP.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Yes, the jumping puzzles are designed to be grief hubs. Isn’t it obvious?

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

It’s kinda cruel, but I used to sit on top of a vantage point in the BL JP with my mesmer focus and pull people off into the water. It wouldn’t kill them…just yank them. Why would I want my enemy to get free siege?

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Does anyone not expecting a fight still go to the JP’s? Does anyone go the the JP’s at all anymore?

Doesn’t one of the achievement chest come with a ton of badges? That’s probably why we haven’t had those whining-about-being-killed in the JP posts in a long time.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Bunnymancer.6901

Bunnymancer.6901

Just stop jumping in places where the zerg isn’t.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Look at the puzzle.

No, look again at the puzzle. Look at it. Almost every bit of those puzzles are DESIGNED for trolling.

The player-activated traps, the ledges, the height advantages, the funneling chokepoints, the fact that any sort of CC or combat could send players tumbling below to failure, the fact that they’re in WvW zones. These jumping puzzles are begging you to grief with them and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

This is the only “griefing” part in all of GW2. In games like WoW and Rift all you had to do to deny enemy players from doing their PvE crap or personal objectives was run out and kill them. If that didn’t do it, you could kill them again and again, and you could do this almost anywhere that wasn’t instanced. In GW2 you can only do this is WvW jump puzzles.

There can be no excessive griefing in WvW jump puzzles unless there are so many people in there camping that people can’t get in to do the actual WvW due to player caps.

(edited by Chickenshoes.6250)

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I loved it when ANet put living story achievements in OS. Oh the crushing of nubs and throwing them down the cliff when they FINALLY got through the arena. I still have probably 20 litres of tears stored in my cellar.

On another note, I’ve had some of my best duels in OS, too. And boy have I been showed my place in a few of them.

Lately it’s been more quiet there, but all the more reason to jump at every opportunity to crush the enemy. It’s such a cool place for PvP too, if you move around and don’t just camp the chokepoints (or just camp the start).

One – Piken Square

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I loved it when ANet put living story achievements in OS. Oh the crushing of nubs and throwing them down the cliff when they FINALLY got through the arena. I still have probably 20 litres of tears stored in my cellar.

On another note, I’ve had some of my best duels in OS, too. And boy have I been showed my place in a few of them.

Lately it’s been more quiet there, but all the more reason to jump at every opportunity to crush the enemy. It’s such a cool place for PvP too, if you move around and don’t just camp the chokepoints (or just camp the start).

Well as long as you are having fun in your basement

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Well as long as you are having fun in your basement

Oh if I only got a basement where I could sometimes retire from my wife and daughter…

Alas, I have to make-do with short sessions between family crisis and early mornings.

In case you were serious, take another look at the WvW JP. It’s purposefully designed for harassing other players and hampering their progress towards the end. Not using it as such is an insult against the ones who designed it.

One – Piken Square

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

As I suspected. Working as intended.

Wow, really sad that so many people can be so small and petty though (including those that thought such design philosophy was a good idea). Good thing it is optional content that only the elite or desperate (or both, but that would be IRL) need attempt.

Thank you all for answering!

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief