WvW Jumping Puzzles

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Dlance Cven.7643

Dlance Cven.7643

Hello everybody, I often don’t post on the forums but recently, I have come across a major issue in the WvW jumping puzzles. I’m sure many other player would agree with me when I say that being attacked during a jumping puzzle is one of the most annoying things they come across. Now, I understand that it’s part of the game and it makes it a bit more difficult however, if someone builds siege in the puzzle, it makes it almost impossible for one to complete the puzzle. Honestly, if you take the time to build arrow carts or ballistas in the puzzle, you have no life. All I’m asking for is a little respect when someone is just trying to finish the puzzle.

[OnS] Drizzt

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Gavello.2813

Gavello.2813

One sec let me get out my copy and paste response to this kind of thread.

Dear sir/madam

We are sorry to inform you that the jumping puzzles in WvW are active pvp zones that with completion reward pvp items. This is intended by design and will not be changing anytime soon. Might I recommend you bring some friends with you to aid in the jumping puzzle?

~Ruin~Officer~

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

I don’t know why they allow siege in the jumping puzzles, the baddies just use it to camp places. If you want to camp like a real man don’t use siege use your skills

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Viktorgraves.1824

Viktorgraves.1824

I don’t know why they allow siege in the jumping puzzles, the baddies just use it to camp places. If you want to camp like a real man don’t use siege use your skills

I dunno, there’s something hilarious about the overkill of building a wall of Death Machines just to cut down some happy-go-lucky jumpers.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

In their current form, jumping puzzles in WvW should simply be removed. They are a poor king-of-the-hill implementation…so poor, in fact, that most people don’t even realize WvW puzzles ARE a king-of-the-hill objective.

All the QQ’ing would vanish if the puzzles were integrated into the broader WvW schema instead of being a hap-hazard distraction. The amazing amount of whine on this subject is indicative of design flaws. This has nothing to do with the law of unintended consequences… it’s just poor integration of design elements.

[Please assume I include all the quasi-PVE objectives in this opinion… slug, vistas, skill points, events. Once one enters WvW, every objective should include a WvW incentive/reward (not necessarily to the exclusion of personal rewards).]

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

No one complains about the monsters and traps in the pve jumping puzzles, so why complain about this.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Phrozen.1205

Phrozen.1205

there are invisibility wells in EB puzzle for just that reason, I find it hilarious to see trebs and arrow carts in a puzzle when the server own less than 1/10 of the map. QQ more and welcome to pvp, you can pick you body up at the waypoint.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

this stuff can backfire. saw a piken square yesterday taking his rage out on abaddons after he got killed in the JP… he camped the place where you have to jump down and get to low hp and killed every abaddon that wanted to JP, sometimes 3-4 at a time. other server people were allowed to pass with a /wave. i dunno how long he did that, but it was all because of some abaddon guy using mesmer-wall to pull people down into the water for quite a while. im pretty sure the people that got camped by the picken thief and couldnt finish the puzzle were VERY thankfull to the loner mesmer when they had to repair their 3 deaths and call it a day on the JP.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

I agree, Jumping puzzles and map completition don’t belong to PvP maps. Enemies who kill you while you are doing the Puzzle, or when you’re trying to get something for your map, are probably kill hunters and seriously have no respect whatsoever to any other player from any other server. I mean, do you really don’t have any skill that you can only farm kills by targetting lone players? That’s very low.

I’m in such a situation myself, server Gandara. The enemies are kitten, when I see someone in the jumping puzzle, I’ll let him live, but they camp near every single vista, skill point, PoI and Jumping Puzzle….

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Kabuki.9103

Kabuki.9103

Yeah and please show “respect” when I’m just trying to take a supply camp and grab some supplies even though I will be using those supplies and siege from jumping puzzles to waste you 5 minutes later.

Lol at OP talking about “major issue”, “annoying”, “respect”, and best of all “no life”.

Now that I know there are people who feel entitled to do jumping puzzles in WvW I will make it a point to go camp there as time permits.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Kewa.1649

Kewa.1649

I agree, Jumping puzzles and map completition don’t belong to PvP maps. Enemies who kill you while you are doing the Puzzle, or when you’re trying to get something for your map, are probably kill hunters and seriously have no respect whatsoever to any other player from any other server. I mean, do you really don’t have any skill that you can only farm kills by targetting lone players? That’s very low.

I’m in such a situation myself, server Gandara. The enemies are kitten, when I see someone in the jumping puzzle, I’ll let him live, but they camp near every single vista, skill point, PoI and Jumping Puzzle….

Yeah, lone player kills lone player = no skill. Good point. Ganking is a part of pvp (WvW here), so why must people abandon it just because someone think it’s unrespectable?
JP not only entertains solo gankers, but also helps large guilds to maintain siege equipment funds, so it’s an important part of WvW.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Jarl.8607

Jarl.8607

No. Learn to pvp in the pvp zones.

Engineer – lvl 80 – Tarnished Coast

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Collegepays.4732

Collegepays.4732

I have a friend on Davona’s who can sometimes only get on for 30 minutes or so, we almost always troll people in the jump puzzle. Honestly, hitting someone with the logs is one of the most hilarious things on the game. Occasionally we’ll sit at the chest and knock people to their death.

I justify this by the fact that you’re trying to collect siege to destroy keeps/towers.

Chielain – Mesmer

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Stop complaining about PvP in a PvP zone.

Besides, there are numerous ways to bypass PvP in those puzzles if you really wanted to. The reason why traps and choke points/kill zones are in there is for people to camp/pvp. The reason why the mystic fountains are in there is so that people can avoid campers/pvp.

If you are really this opposed to PvP, then maybe you shouldn’t be in a PvP zone.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Delusion.9543

Delusion.9543

It’s sooooo funny though.
I’ve died my fair share of times in Jump Puzzles, and I’ve killed my fair share of people.
Watching them all fall from the logs = most entertaining thing in the game.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: RicardoAR.9628

RicardoAR.9628

I understand what OP says. Some people (myself included) don’t play much PVP, but we must if we want to get the whole map explored or jumping puzzles done. I don’t care blueprints at all, and don’t mind the world bonuses, as I am an average player that can’t feel the difference of having a 1% more health (I’m going to die anyway).

Thankfully, I have encountered some “enemy” players with maybe the same problem, as we have even cooperated to get to the chest. Those campers have the right to camp, because is in the rules. So I don’t blame them, but the game for making WvWvW a “must do” for many players.

I hope one day I will have a decent character that allow me to survive any 1 on 1 encounters in the borderlands.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

Jumping puzzles should be removed from WvWvW.

Its outrageous that people snicking at the very early hours of the day can get Badges of Honor with a less than-PvE activity.

Badges of Honor should only be given for killing enemies on the battlefield, though their drop rate needs to be increased because right now is just a waste of time.

Thank you and best regards,

Red

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Hrist.8972

Hrist.8972

What about these jumping puzzles that are around in WvW that give no reward? Has anyone found any “use” for them?

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Unknown.2796

Unknown.2796

What about these jumping puzzles that are around in WvW that give no reward? Has anyone found any “use” for them?

puzzles in wvw that give no reward? =_= I’ve never seen any of these..
You have the Eternal Battleground one which is linked through 3 keeps and you have the Borderland one. which other puzzle have you found..? lol

btw my opinion on wvw puzzles;
pvp is fine, it’s world vs world after all. The rewards are blue prints so you want to prevent the opposing team reaching the end. Obviously putting siege inside the puzzle seems broken as there are already “traps” inside the puzzle itself, they get rendered useless if people set up siege.

Location, location, location.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Hrist.8972

I think I’m not going to spoil them, but there are “puzzles” that take you to high places in WvW…

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Lyan.6804

Lyan.6804

I rarely do WvW JPs except if some nice mesmer offers to make portal at EB, i agree JPs are nice to get BPs so shouldnt be removed, put mobs on it and remove PK on it.
Or a good idea would be when u enter JP u lose ur skills, u have the traps to use and that would be it.
Also if u think a bit when theres queue on the BL u are, and ur camping JP, ur not helping ur server, all u can do is dont let me take 2 random BPs of a chest… when i go to npc and buy 50…

Gandara Commander [SN]
Ly Ann at ur service

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

I’ve actually let other server players pass before. I won’t attack them out of respect while we’re in the puzzle. But if I see someone from my server getting ganked I’ll jump in and thrash em.

I should use the /wave command to let my enemy know I won’t attack them. Thanks for the idea.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I don’t mind fighting in the JP, but siege weapons are over the top, thats blantant trolling there. Man up and fight clean, there’s no need for siege in there. That being said, you’re in pvp, expect everywhere you go to be attacked. If you try a few times and they’re camping it, go do something else, if they really wanna waste that much time in there not contributing to their team, let them. Go be productive.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Malzeth.2168

Malzeth.2168

And what all of you "suck it up buttercup’ responders failed to remember is, you need badges to make the gift of battle to make a legendary… Personally I don’t atk people unless them atk me, doesn’t matter to me if they are there for free siege prints or just the badges to make the gift.

Crystal Desert / Guardian, Ranger, Ele, Engi “pewpew!” “NO YOU FOCUS!!”

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Hrist.8972

I wish you couldn’t even get badges from the puzzle. I mean, read the item name… Gift of Battle, you are hardly doing any battle if all you do is puzzle.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

I don’t mind fighting in the JP, but siege weapons are over the top, thats blantant trolling there. Man up and fight clean, there’s no need for siege in there.

^^This

Especially hiding siege behind the waterfall entrance to Mistwrought Vault (you know, the one where everyone lands at +/-half health).

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: gabal.4520

gabal.4520

The one thing I hate with jumping puzzles in WvW is that people in it are counting towards the maximum number of invaders that can be present at the map. This weekend we were bleeding all over, defending on 3 towers at same time, losing heavily and somebody would then complain in the chat how everybody should come to jumping puzzle because it is camped. That person isn’t contributing anything to its server and JP should be in it’s own instance at lest in Eternal Battlegrounds where puzzle is completely separated from the rest of the map.
In the mean time people who want to fight are stuck in queue…

Infidelija, boatswain of Bloody Pirates [YARR], lvl 80 elementalist
hobby: busting Trebuchettes
Gandara server

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Wildman.9641

Wildman.9641

I hope that people camp all jumping puzzles 24/7. There is no PvE in a WvW map! Camp them until they all leave and never come back.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

The one thing I hate with jumping puzzles in WvW is that people in it are counting towards the maximum number of invaders that can be present at the map. This weekend we were bleeding all over, defending on 3 towers at same time, losing heavily and somebody would then complain in the chat how everybody should come to jumping puzzle because it is camped. That person isn’t contributing anything to its server and JP should be in it’s own instance at lest in Eternal Battlegrounds where puzzle is completely separated from the rest of the map.
In the mean time people who want to fight are stuck in queue…

Valid point.
If someone talks about the jumping puzzle when I have just been killed over 3 times by groups larger than me I am apt to go off on them or utter outloud – well there’s part of the problem too many kitten kitten kittenfaces out there jumping instead of fighting (Yes I manually made the kittens). They do seem like the slackers when you are losing and they are complaining about being camped.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: kweetni.1023

kweetni.1023

I would like the jumping puzzles to be added to another new map. maybe have a different starting area for each server with several portals to different jumping puzzles.
They could add a few new ones possibly to fill up this map a bit.
Each puzzle could even have a few spots that can be captured that add 1 point (not more, wouldn’t want the puzzles to be important). These could have trap controls etc.
This would truly make it more of a king of the hill thing that many players enjoy, without bothering the people who are fighting for their server.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: gabal.4520

gabal.4520

You already have to load a completely separate zone to join EB jumping puzzle, make it a separate instance from Eternal Battlegrounds… Or don’t count people in jumping puzzle towards the cap of players who can join the map.

Infidelija, boatswain of Bloody Pirates [YARR], lvl 80 elementalist
hobby: busting Trebuchettes
Gandara server

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

They need to just remove the need for Badges of Honor for legendaries. I mean really, you need to PVP for a weapon which has no PVP stats or bonuses….and i agree, those people who camp people in jump puzzles are pretty sad. Don’t try to pretend to be some PVP god by doing it cause out of 3 people who tried to gank me while i did puzzles, i killed 2 of em and the 4rd i died cause i fell off the little log at the top for the top half of the key and took a ton of fall dmg. Nothing screams “lol” like ganking a guy who tries to gank you haha. And fyi, i suck at PVP so it even adds to the slap in the face to the gankers.

Bu they need to just remove the badges for legendaries or like others have said, up the drop rate from killing players so the wanna be PVP god gankers have to really do PVP and not try to prey on guys who are just trying to do something else. No other weapon or skin requires this.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

One sec let me get out my copy and paste response to this kind of thread.

Dear sir/madam

We are sorry to inform you that the jumping puzzles in WvW are active pvp zones that with completion reward pvp items. This is intended by design and will not be changing anytime soon. Might I recommend you bring some friends with you to aid in the jumping puzzle?

Lose all build up Siege… period. Built-in stuff is formidable enough, used wisely. Camping with friends is fair… it is PVP, but the rest needs to go.

Anything more is overkill. Anet- by allowing siege to be built in addition to what is already there; you’ve turned a unique challenging facet of the game into a hopeless death trap that given a choice… I’d do it butt naked (avoiding all repair bills), try transferring to another realm hoping that didn’t Siege camp it or I’d find a new game that knows what the word ‘overkill’ means (there by depriving you of any future gem purchases.)

I’d like Anet’s opinion…considering the possible outcomes. Which is good for business?

(edited by Dhar.6392)

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

I go in with a group of 3 or 4 people and we hold a “gentleman’s agreement” with the enemy until one of them decides to break it. Sometimes we can co-exist,, sometimes it’s an all-out battle.

Since you get free siege weapons from completing the puzzle, it’s understandable that many won’t let the enemy pass and give them a possible advantage, even if it means a tedious affair such as “camping”.

The occasional fights with other players make it a very different if sometimes frustrating experience from other jumping puzzles. Sometimes you just have to do group work in this game to get it done.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

WTK, guys?(what the kitten)
Seriously, what’s your problem? You can 90% see if an opponent is hostile or not. If he simply stares at you, /wave, if he /waves back, its fine until the point a second guy of the same server comes along. That might break the balance and someone might get hurt but deal with it.
I for my part love the 3 way stalemates in the arena.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Kyus.3812

Kyus.3812

I welcome the enemy wasting supply building siege in the jumping puzzle.

I really don’t understand this its a pvp zone this jumping puzzle is designed to be held and pvp’d in. There are so many jumping puzzles in non pvp zones.

also why do people really need to do this jumping puzzle so badly. and since there are 4 different pvp jumping puzzles 1 in each zone why can’t people opt for a different one.

I’d not normaly say this but the jumping puzzle QQ is just whiny! if siege spoils your enjoyment get out of wvw or counter it. there are enough alternatives and the nice rewards from the wvw puzzle chests are part and parcel of enemy players making it more difficult to complete.

Kyús – 80 – Guardian// All Classes Level 80
Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

It is PvP your are going to get killed what do you expect. If you want Pve dont go into PvP.
Ganking is going to happen get over it please or dont go in there.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: liquidsquid.2943

liquidsquid.2943

Jumping Puzzles in WvW are very funny for many of us. Especially because the dynamic of meeting hostile players is very interesting. Some attack, some don’t, sometimes a misunderstanding will lead to major slaughter. It’s hilarious.

If you make such a statement, please consider, that you are not the only person playing GW2 and that there are many many people who like the jumping puzzles exactly as they are and imho as they were intended by A.Net.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

jup… Falling down and triggering a symbol of protection, which aggroes the pet of the ranger nearby which causes his mates to think you deliberately attacked him and “retaliate”, which causes all the 3 teams currently in the arena to slaughter eachother.
Mass paranoia in jumping puzzles is fun.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Dear sir/madam

In addition, if you happen to be on a server with few WvW participants and therefore have a lower proportion of allies with you in the puzzle, that you should PvE more for money to buy the siege you require to participate in WvW.

That’s right, you should be in PvE if your server can’t compete. Working as intended. /sarc

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Kyus.3812

Dear sir/madam

In addition, if you happen to be on a server with few WvW participants and therefore have a lower proportion of allies with you in the puzzle, that you should PvE more for money to buy the siege you require to participate in WvW.

That’s right, you should be in PvE if your server can’t compete. Working as intended. /sarc

if your server can’t compete you are probablty doing them a massive disservice by being in a jumping puzzle.

if you are having a bad time in WvW your server needs to collaborate and focus on holding maybe just 1 borderland get all your people into one place to start off with. if you focus on your home borderlands that gives you a jumping puzzle close to your spawn if you feel you need it.

frankly the badges from pvp work much better as currency for siege than cash the pvp gear sets aren’t great for a lot of setups.

Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

Imo, JP in WvW maps are not a right it’s a privilege that comes with fighting for it. Anyone in WvW is free to fight anywhere with any weapon available as long as not using exploit. Fair is not in WvW dictionary. You have to fight for camps, you have to fight for towers, you have to fight for keeps, you have to fight for castle and you also have to fight for JPs if you desire it. And those who desire badges for legendary only and don’t care about pvp, legendary is for people who have done all aspects of the game not only pve.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

frankly the badges from pvp work much better as currency for siege than cash the pvp gear sets aren’t great for a lot of setups.

It seems, judging by your statement above and how well your server has done over the last two weeks (I’m on GH), that people server finds it much easier to gain badges than ours. Having said this, judging by messages in your forums, your server seems to have suddenly sprung to life just before the first matchup with us. We are completely outmanned and outgunned (due to your constant presence in the puzzles). Challenge, I like!

A few deaths won’t keep me from doing a jumping puzzle!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

WvW Jumping Puzzles

in WvW

Kyus.3812

It seems, judging by your statement above and how well your server has done over the last two weeks (I’m on GH), that people server finds it much easier to gain badges than ours. Having said this, judging by messages in your forums, your server seems to have suddenly sprung to life just before the first matchup with us. We are completely outmanned and outgunned (due to your constant presence in the puzzles). Challenge, I like!

A few deaths won’t keep me from doing a jumping puzzle!

Basically PS has always had a very strong prime time, so between 6 and 11 GMT most evenings you are going to find a very strong coordinated presence. unfortunately GH have undergone some serious losses in numbers and amongst those a few large guilds.

before our matchup with GH PS actually lost 2 guilds but we started coordinating better and organising our weekends more. we have gained people during our second week of matchup due to use progressing.

what made the difference was just talking to one another and getting the whole server involved. whilst our new numbers now make life a lot easier its not what got us up there in the first place (that was prime time strength + coordinate and some excellent night/early morning commanders).

Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade