WvW Jungle maps?

WvW Jungle maps?

in WvW

Posted by: robertjan.2197

robertjan.2197

Why weren’t there any jungle wvw maps introduced with HoT. Personally I think a large scale wvw map based on Auric Basin with the different heights would be amazing.

Tarir could e.g. be a city the parties need to capture and defend

WvW Jungle maps?

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

People complained too much about the Desert Borderlands, can you imagine the vocal and half-justified but half-unjustified complaining about a map with jumping mushrooms and ley-line gliding?

WvW Jungle maps?

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Just replace EBG with Tangled Depths

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

WvW Jungle maps?

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I would have a lot of fun with that, but most people would be upset.

WvW Jungle maps?

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

I would have a lot of fun with that, but most people would be upset.

And obviously, no glider! We can’t have that in WvW! :p

WvW Jungle maps?

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Camera clipping would be impossible to control.

WvW Jungle maps?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Even PvE’rs hate Tangled Depths… I cannot even fathom the reaction of WvW players at the mere sight of this.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

WvW Jungle maps?

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

Even PvE’rs hate Tangled Depths… I cannot even fathom the reaction of WvW players at the mere sight of this.

I can: “Give us back Desert map! Golem week! Anything but this! I miss my t8 dead ET and all!”

WvW Jungle maps?

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I just want a nice, lush jungle green map… I associated the desert one with barren, dead, lifeless land and it wasn’t very inviting to look at or play.

WvW Jungle maps?

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’d personally love for each borderlands to be a different look altogether. Alpine for blue, jungle for green, desert for red. Make them similar in design to alpine (places to have fights on even ground, some height places, ruins, yada yada) and we have gold.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

WvW Jungle maps?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

F. Off with these kinda crap. We don’t need verticality in a PvP mode. It’s tiresome and boring

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

WvW Jungle maps?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

You really don’t need jumping mushrooms and gliders for auric basin to get from place to place, you really only need it to get to certain things like masteries points hidden up on a ledge or something. Verdant and tangled both are much heavily reliant on gliders and mushrooms.

I wouldn’t mind a wvw map designed around auric basin, it’s a decent jungle map that doesn’t have a tree screwing with your camera every 5 steps you take, plus tarir city would be easy to convert to a smc type area.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

WvW Jungle maps?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Jungle maps could work… in another game….

<add troll image>

Beside alot of stuff could work, just not in gw2 WvW….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

WvW Jungle maps?

in WvW

Posted by: Devils Toy.9205

Devils Toy.9205

Why weren’t there any jungle wvw maps introduced with HoT. Personally I think a large scale wvw map based on Auric Basin with the different heights would be amazing.

Tarir could e.g. be a city the parties need to capture and defend

Instead of instilling more pve garbage into WvW how about we just make Auric Basin an open PVP area and let us invade the pve zones for once.

[KILL] Leader
Maguuma

WvW Jungle maps?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Instead of instilling more pve garbage into WvW how about we just make Auric Basin an open PVP area and let us invade the pve zones for once.

Because you find funny bullying PvE players who have no interest in PvP? This game would degradate even faster if there was open world pvp imo.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

WvW Jungle maps?

in WvW

Devils Toy.9205

Because you find funny bullying PvE players who have no interest in PvP? This game would degradate even faster if there was open world pvp imo.

Actually yes I do and I also am tired of pve seeping into WvW. If you want to pve then go to a pve map and keep it out of my game mode. The majority of GW2 maps are pve maps so therefore if you want to pve you have many many options to choose from. Those options don’t need to include WvW maps. There is zero reason to bring pve into WvW.

[KILL] Leader
Maguuma

WvW Jungle maps?

in WvW

Devils Toy.9205

Well, you can go to one of the Veteran Creature spawns by the daily reset if you want to be a bully to PvE players… In fact, yesterday I killed some dudes who thought it was funny doing that. They didn’t expect to find people who could actually fight back I guess.

And you are just validating my point. I was obviously being a smart*ss with my previous comment but my point is just that. There is pve content in WvW that doesn’t need to be there which brings pve players that have no interest into WvW which creates other players who actually want to play WvW to be qeued out. So my point was if we can have pve in pvp zones then turn about is fair play and let’s put pvp in pve zones and let the uproar begin.

[KILL] Leader
Maguuma

WvW Jungle maps?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Wow you were fast on that response, I had this post deleted like 15s after I made it because I decided to no go on in that pointless discussion.