WvW Lag HELL 20 sec skill lag...

in WvW

Posted by: ActionCat.4162

ActionCat.4162

As you all im sure have seen before, the lag in wvw is becoming worse every patch. Nothing, and i mean nothing, is wrong on my end, not a single game i play has the lag that I get in Guild Wars 2, none. Its mainly when you get into zerg combat, obviously, but its only gotten worse lately.

I cant even react in game, at all, and if i move, it rubber bands me and everyone else back to their place 10 to 20 seconds after the fact, at that point you are already dead even though you are not on your screen and then it catches up, on top of that, it takes FOREVER for the skills to activate and work. Weapon swaps? forget it… takes longer.

Naturally when the fight is over things go back to normal, but i dont remember this much horrible skill lag when in wvw. Of all things, our skills shouldnt lag like that! I know its a ton of stress on servers for that many people on a map, but seriously… fix it. Whats the point of playing WvW if you cannot do anything in a fight, nothing, you just die to the group that has more people auto swinging everything to death… its very frustrating!

Commander ActionCat [BMO] – DragonBrand

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

The skill lag has gotten a lot worse. The server has to make even more calculations now due to the stupid/pointless/moronic bloodlust buff.

One thing we’ve learned: ANET DOESN’T TEST ANYTHING
oh wait, we already knew that…..

in WvW

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

The lag is easily the worst it’s ever been. On top of skill lag, players now twitch everywhere when the bloodlust buff pings.

After a year of skill lag, performance issues and lag are actually worse.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Where I only had the odd problem with lag before, such as a large fight in SM, the recent changes have almost made it unplayable with more then 20 people in the area.

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Yup. Definitely much worse since the patch. There are alot more calculations now so no wonder. I think the servers might actually crash when we get a 3 way inside a garrison.

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Yep. When the bloodlust buff flashes rapidly on your buff bar, you will notice you’re lagging. Everyone I spoke to noticed the same thing.

It made WvW unplayable.

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

Tried transferring down?

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Time to disable bloodlust and rework on it..Hehehhee..not kidding.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in WvW

Posted by: ozzieballista.8015

ozzieballista.8015

Anet doesn’t care about you or the lag, just ask them about it and they will tell you.

Absolutely nothing!

in WvW

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

Don’t mind us. No skill lag here…

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

in WvW

Posted by: Brafius.7432

Brafius.7432

The lag was so bad last night that I couldn’t play. Unless you classify “see how far you can run before your skill goes” as playing. In that case: I managed to run from EB spawn to keep and back to spawn before my skill fired! On the borderlands it was better, but still unplayable.

Two suggestions to Anet:
1. Remove the bloodlust buff. Nobody wants it and your servers can’t handle it. Why not change the control of the runes to something like: +10% PPT gain or more seige damage/range or arrow cart damage reduction or cheaper upgrades or just make it tick straight PPT.
2. Change the way conditions works. My understanding is that if you throw a condition on someone, the magnitude gets adjusted dynamically with your condition damage. This means that for every might stack you receive, the damage per tick needs to be recalculated! Why? Why not just take the stats at the time of application? Am I missing something?

We all know the reason for skill lag is that the servers on Anets side can’t cope with all of the calculations that happens in WvW. Should the design philosophy not then be to limit these? Why add more?

On a different note: The maps is a welcome change. Thanks for that.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Someone else from your server says otherwise (scroll up). No one is gonna transfer because of a problem anet can fix by removing this stupid buff.

in WvW

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

Someone else from your server says otherwise (scroll up). No one is gonna transfer because of a problem anet can fix by removing this stupid buff.

Don’t know where theftwind was getting lag. But even with the 70 man IoJ zerg running around everywhere. Only FPS lag was present. All my skills still shot off as normal.

Also, I never mentioned anything about transferring. I’m just saying, if you roll with the higher tiers, expect the lag. I’m tired of seeing the same post regurgitated every day.

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

in WvW

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

It is funny, I went from the new lag in wvw which I could only take 10 minutes of, to the huge Tequati fight with no lag.And my camera even glitched out and zoomed out further for an awesome view of that battle with no problems.

I think wvw is a cluster kitten right now and not an enjoyable or smooth experience for me at least.It is almost like they are pushing me away from what I enjoyed the most.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Brafius.7432

Brafius.7432

Don’t know where theftwind was getting lag. But even with the 70 man IoJ zerg running around everywhere. Only FPS lag was present. All my skills still shot off as normal.

Also, I never mentioned anything about transferring. I’m just saying, if you roll with the higher tiers, expect the lag. I’m tired of seeing the same post regurgitated every day.

I had horrendous lag and our matchup is between #11, #13 and #20 EU. Our previous macthup was #1, #9 and #13. Last week we fought against hordes of enemies and the only time I experienced skill lag was in a 3-way SM fight. Last night I couldn’t even play due to the lag. I don’t think it is only a T1 problem.

in WvW

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

I predict we contact support and they say: I took a look at the Game Advisor report you provided and it appears your connection may be suffering from packet loss.

Every single patch the lag in WvW gets worse, when will Anet wake up and see that their best feature is ‘The Ginger Kid’.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in WvW

Posted by: Sidu.9708

Sidu.9708

they didn’t fix the skill lag for year now… and now they add new lag, the movement one ^^ so coooooool

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I predict we contact support and they say: I took a look at the Game Advisor report you provided and it appears your connection may be suffering from packet loss.

Every single patch the lag in WvW gets worse, when will Anet wake up and see that their best feature is ‘The Ginger Kid’.

I love their customer support always blaming the client about a problem that has been a known one for several months now.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

Well there are official posts where they are saying that the skill lag is a cpu issue on the server side. But this whole mess with the Blood Lust buff causing such lags on top of the already bad situation is another proof that they are not testing anything in terms of performance impacts.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

The skill lag has gotten a lot worse. The server has to make even more calculations now due to the stupid/pointless/moronic bloodlust buff.

One thing we’ve learned: ANET DOESN’T TEST ANYTHING
oh wait, we already knew that…..

That bloodlust causes lag is conjecture. It could be

• dragonbrand has the population of seafarer’s rest and everyone was playing last night in a stacked T2 matchup

Not saying I know either, I’m just pointing out your speculation.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in WvW

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

The lag is present even when ur not in a zerg, but when theres a zerg nearby (5000-10000 range). I was figthing 2 players yday at such range to zerg, and it was horrible.

I wonder, if I turn on culling (or off or w/e), will the lag be gone then?

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Tried transferring down?

The lag is present at the lower tiers as well, so why should people hop over? We had some skill lag in big encounters as one would expect, but even outside of the big fights everyone were twitching, porting and skipping around as if the whole server was speed hacking. The mad lag spikes came every time when the buff was changing, so it affected all wubwub maps, making it unplayable no matter where you were.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

Tried transferring down?

We shouldn’t have to transfer, Anet should quit screwing up and think before they do stupid kitten like this. This dumb stupid patch and all the stupid patches before it could all have been avoided easily, and Anet needs to MAKE their Devs play the area of the game that they are working in, those Devs should have regular characters without Anet logos, in regular guilds and they should get to know the community and play with the community, then maybe they would know what the community wants. But by making a simple forum post with questions on it that players could answer and tell developers what they want in that area of the game from a selection then they could avoid all this stupid nonsense.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowresli.3782

Shadowresli.3782

Tried transferring down?

We shouldn’t have to transfer, Anet should quit screwing up and think before they do stupid kitten like this. This dumb stupid patch and all the stupid patches before it could all have been avoided easily, and Anet needs to MAKE their Devs play the area of the game that they are working in, those Devs should have regular characters without Anet logos, in regular guilds and they should get to know the community and play with the community, then maybe they would know what the community wants. But by making a simple forum post with questions on it that players could answer and tell developers what they want in that area of the game from a selection then they could avoid all this stupid nonsense.

not that there are some 50+ threads on this forum, detailling how anet could improve wvw.
i play on drakkar lake (EU, place 18) and even on our tier a 30vs30 fight results in lags, even more after this abomination of a patch

proudly wiped by RG and Funny Sunny Bunny

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

The lag is present even when ur not in a zerg, but when theres a zerg nearby (5000-10000 range). I was figthing 2 players yday at such range to zerg, and it was horrible.

I wonder, if I turn on culling (or off or w/e), will the lag be gone then?

No, because the culling is off server side and you can only affect your own client, which I presume is already powerful enough to run the game.

One – Piken Square