WvW Lag Summer 2015

WvW Lag Summer 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

I know there are other topics about this matter but me and many other players are honestly tired of this problem.

The map population cap was raised, after it worked FINE for several weeks, resulting in lag back in the game. I don’t know what motives drived this decision, but as we can see it was a wrong move – happens. More and more people are quitting WvW or the game itself because of this issue. Big battle starts somewhere – anyone else on the map has their skills affected, doesn’t matter what are you doing.

During the time when map cap was lowered we had very smooth gameplay with basically no lag even in a big 3 way battles. Now it starts to lag even when it’s just 2 servers fighting each other. Yes – it is mostly EB problem, but it occurs on borderlands just like it did in the past.

So please, can ArenaNet lower the map cap to how it was during the time before last change? Since the permanent solution is impossible to find at the moment (because we know that you are very busy with expansion) this temporary fix would help all the players a lot to enjoy the game as we should be able to.
I speak as a player on EU servers, don’t know how it is on NA side, if it’s fine then you could lower the cap just for EU servers or just for EB.

Any actions or reply will be very appreciated.

WvW Lag Summer 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Rhonin.1687

Rhonin.1687

+1, it does not look like they raised the cap a whole lot, but it is definitely affecting skill lag, so many people complaining about it from various places around (in my case) Europe.

WvW Lag Summer 2015

in WvW

Posted by: root.2859

root.2859

can ArenaNet lower the map cap (…) this temporary fix would help all the players a lot to enjoy the game as we should be able to.

This.

Edit: I preorder the ultimate thingi if it gets adressed like this within this week.

(edited by root.2859)

WvW Lag Summer 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Decado.9304

Decado.9304

Or install a 2nd potato to run WvW on?

EB especially is just a waste of time, horrendous lag anytime you even see an enemy blob

WvW Lag Summer 2015

in WvW

Posted by: fFamous.8720

fFamous.8720

Anet, please. Do it. Just fix it.

Attachments:

WvW Lag Summer 2015

in WvW

Posted by: wanted.6214

wanted.6214

Too much lag this summer…please try to fix someway.

WvW Lag Summer 2015

in WvW

Posted by: LINKAZZATORE.8135

LINKAZZATORE.8135

february 2015 – almost september 2015 but this video is still pure truth.

anet if you can’t handle more than 100-120 people in combat lower that kitten map cap again NOW.

WvW Lag Summer 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

Lowering the cap is not a fix, it means less players being able to play.

Add the fact that the new map is apparently pretty big, then they need to be able to cope with more players.

So if they do lower the cap again, please dont come on here when HoT is released complaining about all the queues, because there will be queues for the first few weeks!

WvW Lag Summer 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

People are dropping out hard atm,eb getting less and less active with the day.Comm’s don’t wanna tag up,buddy’s ive been playing with for years barely logg on anymore…Fix this already anet..it’s so kitten demotivating to login and get hit by that lagwall straight away.

Lowering the cap again would be a temp fix untill they’re able to fix their servers or upgrde them which i highly doubt.I rather sit in a 45m queu then being unable to play the entire evening due to lag.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

WvW Lag Summer 2015

in WvW

Posted by: root.2859

root.2859

Lowering the cap is not a fix, it means less players being able to play.

Thats why it says temporary. In terms of lag, play might be the wrong word here And about HoT: Those queues on all three borders will last at most a week i bet, but after that EB might have bigger queues than ever before.

However, I prefer to wait longer in queue for fun in wvw than fast hopping into a lagfest and frustrated 1-spamming (if it even works…)

(edited by root.2859)

WvW Lag Summer 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Flosinn.4361

Flosinn.4361

So many players i know (me included) dont want to play on EB. Same like in the posts before.
Anet, u tried to lower the cap there and it helped. You changed it back and lag is there.
So, what should you do now? Is it so hard?