WvW Legendary Amulet

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Some of the most valid complaints about the upcoming changes and the removal of guard stacks is
-The lack of character progression
-The time and money invested in ascended armor that was based on having the extra stats
-How it will affect build diversity
-PvE players and crafters will now have a stat advantage because you can’t buy or earn ascended gear in WvW (not counting drops because let’s be honest, 90% of ascended drops in WvW are clerics gear)

What I propose is the addition of a WvW amulet that allows you to change your armor and weapon stats any time you are out of combat. Ideally this should work just like the build editor http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ . This might even open up the possibility of build templates for WvW and PvP.

Stats, runes and sigils will need to be unlocked either through already owning them or purchasing them with karma and/or badges. At silver rank you will acquire an amulet for each of your characters that allow you to use exotic stats, and at gold rank you will unlock ascended stats.

Things to consider would be having different stats unlock every time you hit a new rank. Adding cosmetic upgrades to the WvW amulet like the colored refractors that you gain while leveling or even through the gem store. Added bonuses for hitting platinum/mithril rank such as some new WvW legendaries.

This will be a nice reward for veteran players without giving them a stat advantage over newer WvW players and it will greatly increase build diversity.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

You can already change that out of combat… By swapping to a different weapon or different armor. But something like sPvP? No please. That would limit build diversity, not increase it.

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Puck.9612

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough. Think about the build editor when you select WvW armor, you just go through and select the stats you want for everything. So you can pick knights armor, zerk weapons and cavalier trinkets, or whatever you want.

Say you have 1 set of ascended celestial for a light armor character, instead of having to grind and craft another set for a medium character you can just select those stats. Instead of constantly swapping your ascended armor and trinkets from 1 character to another you just select your build.

Instead of being forced to run some PvE map or doing a bunch of boring crafting for new stats like sinister, you could just unlock the stat through a amulet karma vendor, or get the stat as a rank up reward.

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Wvw should work like pvp. You go and select stuff. Easy to balance and no more money/lvl problem.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Puck.9612

Wvw should work like pvp. You go and select stuff. Easy to balance and no more money/lvl problem.

My idea gives character progression for the people that need that. It gives newer WvW players something to work towards while keeping a level playing field. It gives a nice reward to longtime WvW players, a way to reach the same stats as pve players, and it gives us something to spend our stockpile of karma on.

I know there are people that will complain about anything but I personally can’t see any downside to this.

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

My hard work running with zerg should certainly be awarded by stuff that’s way better than what pve scrubs have. Just let me hop to bl to pick my bday booster, see you in eotm, the skill required to succeed in there is so high that legendaries should be showered upon me /s

Some of these threads make me wonder what Anet’s casual approach to the game have resulted into.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Puck.9612

My hard work running with zerg should certainly be awarded by stuff that’s way better than what pve scrubs have. Just let me hop to bl to pick my bday booster, see you in eotm, the skill required to succeed in there is so high that legendaries should be showered upon me /s

Some of these threads make me wonder what Anet’s casual approach to the game have resulted into.

^Told you there are some people that will complain about anything

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

This is a darn good idea! Gives progression without power creep, something to work towards without being disadvantaged if you don’t have it and is WvW only. (I’m assuming you meant that it would only be for use in WvW).

EotM would need to be changed to not give WxP and badges though.

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I half knew what you were getting at, part of the other half was missing a paragraph, and not wanting to go into these details at the time.

Well that kind of change would shock the economy, to different degrees: Runes, sigils, armor, weapons, and perhaps trinkets to a smaller extent. These wouldn’t just be all prices dropping, some would do the opposite. Then if you go that far, what do you do about food? Prevent it now? If so, massive shock to the cooking/food related economy.

That’s not even touching the confusion it would have on many players. Or looking at the details… can’t use exotic before silver rank? Ascended can’t til gold rank? Exotic to Ascended change is meh for armor, but rather strong for trinkets. but rare to exotic? Massive.

Then you have another question. Is it just armor stats you get to choose, weapon stats, and the WvW amulet? Then indeed you are limiting build diversity, yet doing a system for each trinket would also be more complicated for no benefit. Rewarding those that have already spent their time ktraining in eotm with WvW legendaries, yet shutting off eotm as wxp, would tick off many, many people, and yet not removing wxp from eotm would cause more issues too.

edited for kitten filter on harmless words because they happen to match another word if rearranged >.> and to remedy a possible point of confusion.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Puck.9612

I half knew what you were getting at, part of the other half was missing a paragraph, and not wanting to go into these details at the time.

Well that kind of change would shock the economy, to different degrees: Runes, sigils, armor, weapons, and perhaps trinkets to a smaller extent. These wouldn’t just be all prices dropping, some would do the opposite. Then if you go that far, what do you do about food? Prevent it now? If so, massive shock to the cooking/food related economy.

That’s not even touching the confusion affect on the players. Or looking at the details… can’t use exotikittenil silver? Ascended can’t til gold rank? Exotic to Ascended change is meh for armor, but rather strong for trinkets. but rare to exotic? Massive.

Then you have another question. Is it just armor stats you get to choose, weapon stats, and the WvW amulet? Then indeed you are limiting build diversity, yet doing a system for each trinket would also be more complicated for no benefit. Rewarding those that have already spent their time ktraining in eotm with WvW legendaries, yet shutting off eotm as wxp, would tick off many, many people, and yet not removing wxp from eotm would cause more issues too.

Wxp and badges don’t belong in EotM. It is a different game mode and should be treated as such.

I don’t even understand what you are saying about limiting build diversity. You seem to be jumping to weird conclusions. If another player has a legendary weapon that let’s them change the stats and you only have an exotic weapon does that limit your build diversity?

This would be the same way. Players can bring in whatever armor, weapons, and trinkets they already own. If they want a new set of armor they can buy it, craft it, run a dungeon, etc. This would just be a bonus for the dedicated players that have hit a certain rank.

You might already have a set of ascended armor and legendary weapons at silver rank and choose to use those over the exotic amulet you get at silver, however if you’re bored and want to test out different builds you can just mess around with the amulet build editor and run different builds with exotic stats. Once you hit gold you will have access to ascended stats.

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

If your only trinket allowed in WvW is an amulet, and you cannot mix stats for trinkets, you are limiting build diversity tbh. Yet it seems now that you are intending this to be on top of the current system? My mistake, yet that adds numerous more complications to it for no benefit from Anet’s point of view. A lot of UI change, then you have balance considerations, who would actually benefit from it? Essentially only those already gold rank, as the proposal wouldn’t give a lot of options to those under it, unless re-reading it, if you have it ‘unlocked’ prior then it’s yours? Then an issue how to decide what unlocks a stat for use. Just making the insignia? Or would it be a per piece deal? Regardless it would add complications, for likely what would only be a niche use. But I’ll duck out now, before I’m accused of arguing for the sake of arguing again, good luck.

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Puck.9612

If your only trinket allowed in WvW is an amulet, and you cannot mix stats for trinkets, you are limiting build diversity tbh. Yet it seems now that you are intending this to be on top of the current system? My mistake, yet that adds numerous more complications to it for no benefit from Anet’s point of view. A lot of UI change, then you have balance considerations, who would actually benefit from it? Essentially only those already gold rank, as the proposal wouldn’t give a lot of options to those under it, unless re-reading it, if you have it ‘unlocked’ prior then it’s yours? Then an issue how to decide what unlocks a stat for use. Just making the insignia? Or would it be a per piece deal? Regardless it would add complications, for likely what would only be a niche use. But I’ll duck out now, before I’m accused of arguing for the sake of arguing again, good luck.

It’s a niche use if you consider WvW a niche. This would introduce lateral character progression and a decent reward to WvW. I don’t understand what is complicated about that.

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

If you are wanting to change stats on something other than weapons, then ask for Legendary Armor/Accessories.

On a side-note … I’d love to see the evidence that 90% of Ascended drops in WvW are Cleric stats ;-)

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Puck.9612

If you are wanting to change stats on something other than weapons, then ask for Legendary Armor/Accessories.

On a side-note … I’d love to see the evidence that 90% of Ascended drops in WvW are Cleric stats ;-)

This idea is to provide a WvW reward that doesn’t involve power creep and doesn’t force WvW players to spend weeks outside of the game mode they enjoy just to be on the same power level as the players that enjoy PvE and crafting.

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I wouldn’t know. I haven’t had enough ascended drops to be statistically significant. :P

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Puck.9612

I wouldn’t know. I haven’t had enough ascended drops to be statistically significant. :P

From the drops I’ve gotten I’m fairly certain Anet wants me to play a healer.

I just thought of another benefit of this system. Players that have runes and sigils on WvW gear with no reasonable way of extracting them to use for another character would now have access to those runes and sigils on every one of their characters.

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Posted by: ZhouFusion.1826

ZhouFusion.1826

Your Idea has triggered me to put the idea i have in my head on this forum so it might be to detailed or not enuf but here it goes.
Masteries for WvW only gear.
A nice goal for you to work on in wvw.

Npc in WvW sells WvW Only Gear for 200badges a piece and 10gold. (6 trinkets+6Armor+ x amount of weapons Depening on your class)
These items will have 0 Stats to choose from you have to Earn them.

The Mastery System will be devided into 6 lines. (3 for gear 3 for upgrades)

Theres 24 differend Stats for gear.
Theres 3 types of items we players talk about.
Armor, Weapons, Trinkets. So that makes up for 72 Unlocks/masteries.

People can choose one of 6 masteries lines: Armor, Weapons, Trinkets. Runes, Sigils, (Universial Upgrade components/Infusions).

If you Level mastery for Armor or Weapon or Trinket to level 1, You will be able to select 1 of the 24stat combo’s.

If: i get Armor to mastery level 1 and i choose Soldier.
I now can select my 6 WvW-only Armor pieces and choose Exotic Soldier stats on them.
I Now get Armor to Mastery level 2 and choose Bezerker.
I can now select on my 6 WvW-only Armor pieces Exotic Soldier or Exotic Zerker stats.
This allows me to mix Soldier+bezerker pieces.

If i reach Armor mastery 24. I will be able to select all 24stat combo’s.
But Armor Masteries go to 48. Thats because at level 25 i can choose my First Ascended Stat it will replace the orange name in the list to Pinkish/purple(i’m colorblind so don’t really know :P) .
So at mastery level 25 you will have 1 Ascnended Stat and 23 Exotic stats to choose from on your WvW-Only gear.

For Trinkets and Weapons it will work the same.

Runes, Sigils.
They work roughly the same you just have More to choose from and there is no exotic ascended difference.

(Universial Upgrade components/Infusions).
You can make it be so that you first have to get allllll the Universial Upgrade components before you can learn to choose Infusions. or have them be identical to runes and sigils and every level lets you choose one of the xx options.

This is just the Rough idea i been walking around with for a few weeks.
I hope it makes sense.

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Puck.9612

Your Idea has triggered me to put the idea i have in my head on this forum so it might be to detailed or not enuf but here it goes.
Masteries for WvW only gear.
A nice goal for you to work on in wvw.

Npc in WvW sells WvW Only Gear for 200badges a piece and 10gold. (6 trinkets+6Armor+ x amount of weapons Depening on your class)
These items will have 0 Stats to choose from you have to Earn them.

The Mastery System will be devided into 6 lines. (3 for gear 3 for upgrades)

Theres 24 differend Stats for gear.
Theres 3 types of items we players talk about.
Armor, Weapons, Trinkets. So that makes up for 72 Unlocks/masteries.

People can choose one of 6 masteries lines: Armor, Weapons, Trinkets. Runes, Sigils, (Universial Upgrade components/Infusions).

If you Level mastery for Armor or Weapon or Trinket to level 1, You will be able to select 1 of the 24stat combo’s.

If: i get Armor to mastery level 1 and i choose Soldier.
I now can select my 6 WvW-only Armor pieces and choose Exotic Soldier stats on them.
I Now get Armor to Mastery level 2 and choose Bezerker.
I can now select on my 6 WvW-only Armor pieces Exotic Soldier or Exotic Zerker stats.
This allows me to mix Soldier+bezerker pieces.

If i reach Armor mastery 24. I will be able to select all 24stat combo’s.
But Armor Masteries go to 48. Thats because at level 25 i can choose my First Ascended Stat it will replace the orange name in the list to Pinkish/purple(i’m colorblind so don’t really know :P) .
So at mastery level 25 you will have 1 Ascnended Stat and 23 Exotic stats to choose from on your WvW-Only gear.

For Trinkets and Weapons it will work the same.

Runes, Sigils.
They work roughly the same you just have More to choose from and there is no exotic ascended difference.

(Universial Upgrade components/Infusions).
You can make it be so that you first have to get allllll the Universial Upgrade components before you can learn to choose Infusions. or have them be identical to runes and sigils and every level lets you choose one of the xx options.

This is just the Rough idea i been walking around with for a few weeks.
I hope it makes sense.

Sounds really similar to my idea except with a big gold sink instead of a karma sink.

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

If you wanted agreeing posts only, should had posted on your facebook.

To explain my first post, your suggestion is simply too good for anyone that grinds ranks. It would award those zerging/eotm players far more than those that play regular wvw, upgrade and defend.

I’d far more prefer to have some sort of reward tied to the weekly outcome of wvw as I noticed during last season, many enjoyed that token/reward system. It could have rewards closer to each other so the weaker servers, which are 3rd most of the time, wouldn’t lose much.

Tokens + badges and few event requirements to ensure the person spends more than 5mins in wvw to get those rewards.

This way everyone would get very similar rewards, instead of rewarding rank farmers. And any asc items would be also usable in pve, which believe it or not, even wvwers play.

For character progression, why not award special finishers to certain ranks. They are purely cosmetic and offer no advantages in wvw. The current system offers no character progression anyway after all the wvw traits are maxed.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Puck.9612

If you wanted agreeing posts only, should had posted on your facebook.

To explain my first post, your suggestion is simply too good for anyone that grinds ranks. It would award those zerging/eotm players far more than those that play regular wvw, upgrade and defend.

I’d far more prefer to have some sort of reward tied to the weekly outcome of wvw as I noticed during last season, many enjoyed that token/reward system. It could have rewards closer to each other so the weaker servers, which are 3rd most of the time, wouldn’t lose much.

Tokens + badges and few event requirements to ensure the person spends more than 5mins in wvw to get those rewards.

This way everyone would get very similar rewards, instead of rewarding rank farmers. And any asc items would be also usable in pve, which believe it or not, even wvwers play.

For character progression, why not award special finishers to certain ranks. They are purely cosmetic and offer no advantages in wvw. The current system offers no character progression anyway after all the wvw traits are maxed.

Oh I have no problem with constructive criticism, key word being constructive. Your original post was toxic and wasn’t anywhere close to being constructive.

Now that you’ve countered with your own bad idea we have something to talk about.

My idea is to reward players that dedicated a lot of time to WvW. You don’t have to be a “rank farmer” or grind EotM to have gotten to silver or gold. I roam about 95% of the time, took a year off from the game, have split my time between 2 accounts and I’m still more than halfway through the gold ranks.

This also gives newer players something to work towards and to keep them coming back to WvW. I know this is the age of “we don’t keep score, and everyone get’s a trophy” but immediately giving people the reward just for stepping into WvW would make it pointless. The idea is this is a bonus to vet’s that doesn’t put them on a higher power level.

All your idea does is encourage people to bandwagon the same way they did during the tournaments. It would end up destroying multiple servers.

WvW Legendary Amulet

in WvW

Posted by: ZhouFusion.1826

ZhouFusion.1826

@ Puck.

240gold aint much and thats for a class that has 12 weapons.
If you exclude weapons its only 120gold

I’ve spend way more then 240Gold on my gear and that was before Ascended.
Switching runes switching armor pieces that was price.

Its only 240gold and Spending time in WvW.
The more time you spend the more Runes/sigils/Stats you unlock.
Eventually you have 24 Ascended stat combo’s if you turn that into 24 FULL Sets thats got to be worth 10.000Gold??

But the flexibility thats gone be worth A lot to some.
And since you can Choose what to Learn next You can have 1 Set of gear in no time. getting to switch between all 24sets and combo’s is gone be longer but thats something you could call end game progression.

You can still use your Pve Set :P or current wvw set.

Ps. Its a Rough idea.

I aint gone put the idea in detail in or i have to write a book.