WvW Livestream on GW2 Twitch Channel

in WvW

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

Because we have talked before.. I know you loved that chess analogy. Gw2 has hardly changed so i would say even then and now the same applies.

You have the pieces and they all work great but your board has holes in it. Not to mention you seem to want to tear it in half. Then add some fuel and set it on fire.

I wonder how chess would play if I could replace all my units with queens and knights or make infinite moves while the opponent is looking away. Because that’s basically stealth. and also WvW in a nutshell if this game were to be compared to chess.

(edited by TwoBit.5903)

in WvW

Posted by: Isaiah Cartwright

Previous

Isaiah Cartwright

Guild Wars 2 Lead Designer

Because we have talked before.. I know you loved that chess analogy. Gw2 has hardly changed so i would say even then and now the same applies.

You have the pieces and they all work great but your board has holes in it. Not to mention you seem to want to tear it in half. Then add some fuel and set it on fire.

My point I was trying to clarify was that a tactical maneuver (strategic withdraw) is very helpful and useful tool against any situation in which you are not in the state of winning. I wasn’t making a comment on the thieves balance nor am I trying to get into a debate on the subject now but merely trying to teach and explain an extremely useful tactic when playing WvW.

and I would have gone for a Go analogy there :P

~Izzy @-’——

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Thanks for the feedback here are some clarifications

Vets at tower: Looks like we changed how the defend event is trigger, it now only triggers on attacking the door or walls for keeps and towers, and any guard for all camps. Sorry for the confusion clearly I’ve been doing it wrong sense that was changed.

Thieves: The main thing I wanted to get across with thieves was not meant to be a commentary on balance but just on how you spend your time. There are many builds set up to be defensive and with good evasion and positioning you can run a group around in circles no matter what profession you are. If you let 1-2 people run your group around in circles and get a lucky kill here or there your letting the enemy tie you up when you could move on to another objective.

It’s not about letting the thief run you around. If the thief wants to keep harassing your five man the advanced tactic of “moving on” will not work. They have stealth and mobility.

You should know that if a thief is keeping you in combat that he is putting himself at great risk. It is much easier to kill a thief that is trying to harass you than it is to chase a thief that is trying to evade you. You poke me, and ill unleash stunlock.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Sacrx.6721

Sacrx.6721

However i will say as i did then before release to now. Anet maybe just did not understand the board.

My point I was trying to clarify was that a tactical maneuver (strategic withdraw) is very helpful and useful tool against any situation in which you are not in the state of winning. I wasn’t making a comment on the thieves balance nor am I trying to get into a debate on the subject now but merely trying to teach and explain an extremely useful tactic when playing WvW.

We have a misunderstanding here. My quote of you had nothing to do with what you said above, it was just too direct this for you. I was meaning the whole WvW part of game. Within my cryptic chess analogy.

Maybe a small jab and some trolling but 100% serious of where WvW is at this time.

Red Guard – Ultimate Dominator World First 25/6/13
if carlsberg played Guardian.

(edited by Sacrx.6721)

in WvW

Posted by: Attic.1562

Attic.1562

Regardless of what you want or meant to do, I’m sure you can recognize that as a developer your words have a lot of weight with the community; especially when those words are essentially placing a certain…contentious class at the top of the WvW hierarchy.

in WvW

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

and I would have gone for a Go analogy there :P

And my point, is that a withdrawl is still a flaw. Because even as you are withdrawing, that thief can stay on you, picking off the stragglers, and widdling down your force. And if it becomes that he cant kill your group, and you cant kill him, then you might as well just go join up with the zerg, because he isnt going to let you build seige, its going to take you longer to take camps, and you might as well have a giant icon on the map for the opposing team to know where you are and what you are doing.

Sure, we dont have to go into class mechanics and only talk about strats. But it seems the only viable one is for the group to have a ralling point, break off into different directions, and whoever doesnt meet up at the rally point, you know the thief probably got him.

in WvW

Posted by: Jacklo.4230

Jacklo.4230

The thief video…
All it needed was for the largish group to constantly AOE the area. Works every time.
I didn’t see any attempt to kill this thief, and in fact they looked as if they were ignoring him for much of the time.
CND has a short range, AOE the place and the thief can’t stay near enough to perma-stealth.
I didn’t notice this thief get knocked out of refuge… happens to me all the time.
C’mon, the “zerg” weren’t helping themselves at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

Thieves: The main thing I wanted to get across with thieves was not meant to be a commentary on balance but just on how you spend your time. There are many builds set up to be defensive and with good evasion and positioning you can run a group around in circles no matter what profession you are. If you let 1-2 people run your group around in circles and get a lucky kill here or there your letting the enemy tie you up when you could move on to another objective.

The problem being, there’s nothing you can do to stop the thief (or thieves) from following you to your objective and having a major effect on the outcome of what you’re trying to accomplish.

Five people want to flip a camp, but picked up a thief tail on the way? Thief laughs as he begins trolling them with stealth/ports/blinds/evasions. If they turn on him, then the NPCs start beating on them. If they focus on the NPCs, he picks them off one by one.

Apologies if this point has already been made. I haven’t read all the posts yet.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in WvW

Posted by: lunacrous.6751

lunacrous.6751

The problem being, there’s nothing you can do to stop the thief (or thieves) from following you to your objective and having a major effect on the outcome of what you’re trying to accomplish.

This. I’d really like an answer to this problem. Also, given that thieves are apparently able to tie up 5-6 people at once, and pick a few of them off if they keep fighting the thief, where does that leave non-thief solo roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

This. I’d really like an answer to this problem. Also, given that thieves are apparently able to tie up 5-6 people at once, and pick a few of them off if they keep fighting the thief, where does that leave non-thief solo roamers?

Folks need to stop listening to clicker boy, his play was poor and some of his comments and advice were just wrong. If a thief, regardless of spec, is tying up a 5 man group, then the 5 man group is at fault and need to sit down and think about their builds, gear and their synergy.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Whew, lots of ruffled feathers on this thief issue. I really don’t like the reaction on this post. You may feel like you are offering constructive criticism, but it sounds more like whinning. Keep it up and ANet are apt to stop communicating with us altogether.

Now it’s true that a necro isn’t going to keep a small group chasing him around the map. But that’s not what necros are for. If you want to run in small groups the thief turns out to be an annoyance, like a bee. If you are the unlucky person who the thief picks off, it sucks, however if you look at it at a macro level (looking beyond just you), it’s not unbalanced in WvW. A thief can keep a small group occupied for a long time…if the group allows that to happen. I believe that is what Mr. Cartwright was trying to say.

FYI, my main is an engie, and I’ve been killed by my fair share of thieves.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in WvW

Posted by: Melamorte.2870

Melamorte.2870

Folks need to stop listening to clicker boy, his play was poor and some of his comments and advice were just wrong. If a thief, regardless of spec, is tying up a 5 man group, then the 5 man group is at fault and need to sit down and think about their builds, gear and their synergy.

Since when should 5 people need to theorycraft their characters to beat 1? And playing a thief is not hard. If it was hard to do what that thief did then I could understand but I’ve seen keyboard turning “clicker boys” as you say killing 3-4 people in videos they’ve posted themselves.

The state of that class in WvW is beyond ridiculous.

[CoF]Meldios – JQQ

in WvW

Posted by: fragnstein.3486

fragnstein.3486

He should consider himself lucky his group didnt come across a group of thieves. If 1 thief can tie up a 5-6, imagine what a group of thieves can do.

in WvW

Posted by: Jacklo.4230

Jacklo.4230

An small, organised group of ANY CLASS can decimate a shambles of the same number or more.

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn Grijmblade.2396

Reborn Grijmblade.2396

Just do your entire run with your group before you start the stream and record the video. Then when you do the stream, playback the video that you recorded and add your commentary live then.

This or have a reasonable delay in place.

Also a quick ban to those shouting abuse may also be in order.

Its your prerogative.

I Once was Dead…Now am Reborn

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Nice to see WVW get some attention. IMO the sooner Anet gets that WVW is where the real PVP in GW2 is, the better.

downed state is bad for PVP

in WvW

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

Honestly do you guys think they are going to do this again after all the hassle you gave him for one semantic error? He obviously was speaking strategically not tactically class wise.

We need developers to play the game more and give more attention to WvW, but when you guys are this rude and disrespectful when he is obviously trying to build interest it gives them no motivation to do it again.

You could probably consider this the first and last stream.

Next time, you should encourage more gameplay and allow them to learn with us rather than be kittens and shut them down just because of a minor detail error.

You could have just as easily pointed out the error without being kitten

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

The video was good and had several good points for new players. Some of the siege placement tips were great! Anet should make more videos like this.

However the video was missing: fighting when heavily outmanned. I didn’t see the developer’s team having the useless outmanned “buff” on them.

Now big half of the video was them having 5 guys + several random guys tagging along and then downing a poor enemy solo roamer. This is boring as everybody knows the outcome.

Suggestions for the next Arenanet video:

1. Play a profession, which has no easy access to stealth and try solo roaming on primetime / busy hours (I do that everyday)

2. Also try fighting when you have just 2-3 players on the entire map and enemy has 20 or more.

3. Try EU tier #1.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Dogskins.1259

Dogskins.1259

Flat out, as a community, GW2 has a bunch of kitteners that don’t appreciate anything that the devs are doing. If you all aren’t calling for a nerf, your kittening about one that was made that someone else called for. The devs here are so much more active than other places, it’s ridiculous and amazing at the same time. The stuff you all are doing when a dev goes in and plays/streams are the reason that they don’t do stuff like this in other games. Consider yourselves lucky that the give a kitten

Go sit your pretentious, greedy, childish kitten in the corner somewhere and let Anet do their thing. Nobody is forcing you to watch the stream or play this game. Just like you made a choice to play GW2, you have a choice not to play it, if you don’t like something the game makers are doing.

So shut the heck up and show us how it’s done if you are so good. Do your thing Anet Devs.

Possum Jankins – Suicide Bomber Engineer [VLK] HoD /// [RoT] Yak’s Bend

Just look for the black bearded human.

in WvW

Posted by: DarthMohax.2593

DarthMohax.2593

That showed most of my small team gameplay pretty good Cant expect developers be more skilled than a-little-above-average players (if i got team composition right – they are not some dedicated testers or something like that). Random guys tagging along made it into Almost-zerg gameplay video, but there was no worthy opposition, as mentined above.
However, its good to see someone actually trying to do that, so stop complainig and compliment ANet for streaming I’d like to see more, with full scale siedges, outmanned or owerpowering forces and so on, just to see how developers play their own game (maybe they are doing something wrong and cant see problems we whine about on forums).

Darth Mohax, Charr Warrior in Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

That live stream was kind of a joke. I run around taking camps solo. I stopped watching after you fought with a zerg in a supply camp, at least that’s what I kinda remember, wasn’t really paying attention.

Should have been a stream about how everything turns into a zerg… wait… was that what this was?

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

That live stream was kind of a joke. I run around taking camps solo. I stopped watching after you fought with a zerg in a supply camp, at least that’s what I kinda remember, wasn’t really paying attention.

Should have been a stream about how everything turns into a zerg… wait… was that what this was?

Kinda hard for him to avoid the zerg since randoms will be following him. That and one of the reddit guilds on CD seems to have been hunting him.

in WvW

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

At about 14:00 Isaiah talks about finishing downed players in a small group and the use of thiefs with high crit damage to finish them off quickly. He says that if you hit a downed player you always crit (something like D&D’s Coup de Grace?), but I had never heard about this first this before… Also, I went on into pvp to try and test it but it doesn’t seem to happen. So, is this a WvW only thing , can thiefs specifically trait for it or how does this work?

in WvW

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Honestly do you guys think they are going to do this again after all the hassle you gave him for one semantic error? He obviously was speaking strategically not tactically class wise.

We need developers to play the game more and give more attention to WvW, but when you guys are this rude and disrespectful when he is obviously trying to build interest it gives them no motivation to do it again.

Honestly, yes I expect them to do this again, this is the internet, they have expect some kind of reaction like this and I dare say they are not so fragile that they can’t handle it and can’t recognise that it’s coming a handful of people (while also considering that that handful may be expressing the feelings of far, far more).

Their motivation to continue is the same as the motivation to produce this first one, it’s to engage with the community so that they can both guide them, instruct them and to find out their problems so that the game can be more successful, if they just run away because “some mean people on the forum hurt their feelings” then I feel the entire exercise (and the whole game) was doomed to start with.

Isaiah Cartwright is a Lead Designer for Guild Wars 2, he’s a professional and I dare say he realises that the vast majority of complaints here are about the mechanics in the game and are not personal attacks directed at him. He would also have to accept the fact that, on the internet, there sadly always seem to be those who are incapable of not personally attacking someone.

The reaction over and focus on his comment about running from the thief and the underlying invincible perma-stealth thief problem obviously points to a serious source of frustration in WvW. Identifying the extent of that problem alone should be seen as a victory by Isaiah and by ArenaNet. Maybe the next stream can extend from this one, “how we deal with a perma stealth thief”?

I personally enjoyed the stream (well, the VoD version of the stream).

tldr: ArenaNet employees are tougher than you think, dealing with this community is part of their job, being afraid that “scary noises” will cause them to disappear forever makes no sense. They will learn from this one and the next will be better.

in WvW

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

thanks Izzy for the video, I didn’t think that it could turn out that interesting, defending Supply-camps like that looks like a lot of fun and you proved us that no zerg is needed in WvW to survive / have fun gameplay.

I love roaming around in small groups but this is the stuff I wasn’t paying attention to: staying in a camp and actually defending it. I’ll definitely try it out.

I’m pretty sure a lot of players aren’t aware of the small things you’ve showed us (hiding-spots for thieves/mesmers in a tower, distraction through fighting guards,…), me included, so thanks again for that. It’s nice to see love for the casual non organized players.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

But for the first half of the stream it was pretty good. It pretty much how my guild runs when they run in small groups.

Taking undefended supply camps and killing solo roamers? Yeah, powerful stuff.

It was a video intended to introduce people to small ops in WvW. They weren’t going to take any keeps or SM while doing that (although I noticed very few SoS stalking them, it seemed like mostly a CD zerg). Taking supply camps like they did is very easy for sure, but it’s incredibly disruptive. The amount of time it takes off of the enemy (5 minutes without any yaks spawning + the time it takes to retake the camp) can be huge and the inability to upgrade camps and thus slow down tower upgrades (or help drain supply from a besieged tower) can be a significant hindrance. It’s also worth quite a few points on the score board if the enemy isn’t diligent in retaking them, another task which drains players away from the zerg. The difference between an upgraded borderlands and a paper one can often be a single small ops group.

Personally I’d like to see more ambitious small ops tactics. Something like the ninja cata siege under briar or the more dangerous spot behind Longview/Sunnyhill/Woodhaven. Pointing out how easy it is to break through the northern gate of bay and then notify your main force is another task a small ops group can do.

Obviously if they ever stream again it’d be a good idea to have a delay – the zerg following them kinda made the whole thing pointless. Maybe also explain what the quaggan nodes do and how to use pearls to capture them quickly. One of the best things a small ops group can do is flip quaggan nodes so the storm shamans destroy all the siege inside of keeps if the enemy isn’t diligent in flipping them back. As much as they are great for the loot, flipping sentries can be a mistake if there is a zerg on your tail. Sometimes it’s better to run past them to throw the enemy off of your scent. I’d love to see more streams of WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

So basically it makes sense where the most offensive class, Thief, also can spec to be so defensive 15 people can’t kill them. Great game development, where the strategy is to ‘move on’ and they can follow you around and pick you off 1 at a time. Gj Anet.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

So basically it makes sense where the most offensive class, Thief, also can spec to be so defensive 15 people can’t kill them. Great game development, where the strategy is to ‘move on’ and they can follow you around and pick you off 1 at a time. Gj Anet.

seeing your trollish sig I wonder why I read your post, but I’ll respond anyway. Have you ever tried to kill someone playing as a defensive thief? Have you ever played a thief?

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in WvW

Posted by: Attic.1562

Attic.1562

You could probably consider this the first and last stream.

Next time, you should encourage more gameplay and allow them to learn with us rather than be kittens and shut them down just because of a minor detail error.

You could have just as easily pointed out the error without being kitten

What semantic error? He gave an opinion. The fact that said opinion is one that basically confirms a lot of other peoples opinions about thieves in WvW is what is the source of this venom. People wonder why such things are allowed to continue when even the Lead Designer knows about them and treats it like it’s not a big deal. You can’t just come out and say “Yeah, thieves are supposed to be impossible to kill while simultaneously laying waste to 6 people. Working as intended,” and expect it to be just water off a ducks back.

We’ve had non-stop threads about thieves in WvW since the beta weekends with hundreds of people complaining about how they’re balanced. Hearing a developer being so blase about that issue is going to upset those people and erode the hell out of the confidence that the playerbase places in the dev team.

Maybe it’s a good thing that they never do another stream, maybe they should let the community team handle communicating with the community. That’s their bloody job after all and hopefully they would be more sensitive to the community and not make such a pig’s ear out of the thing.

Calling it a ‘semantic error’ is just laughable. You can can keep making your own excuses for Isaiah, but the people who are upset are extremely justified in calling him out on this and don’t you try to dismiss them.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruubje.6102

Ruubje.6102

I liked the stream, was fun to see.

Thank you very much for showing us how small groups can contribute to the big without merging into the zerg

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

While appreciating the fact that Arenanet are trying to get more people involved in small scale – you are making it the most pointless part of this game due to indirectly nerfing it with siege buffs.

If you want people to fight then you may wish to advise your design team to focus on objectives that do that rather than create areas where a perfect turtle can be created with the maximum amount of arrowcarts – and fixing Arrowcarts may also be a good step in the right direction.

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

While appreciating the fact that Arenanet are trying to get more people involved in small scale – you are making it the most pointless part of this game due to indirectly nerfing it with siege buffs.

If you want people to fight then you may wish to advise your design team to focus on objectives that do that rather than create areas where a perfect turtle can be created with the maximum amount of arrowcarts – and fixing Arrowcarts may also be a good step in the right direction.

Arrowcarts will still counter living targets mostly larges size groups even after they drop there dmg to siege. I am not sure what else you would want from them beyond simply dropping the dmg of them back to pointlessness. If the other team out numbers you then they out number you and there not much you can do about it other then become a decoy for your main team. Its far worst if they out number you in a keep or a tower even with out siege.

Having reinforce walls and doors far out do Arrowcarts when it comes to dealing with a small group of attackers. It gives the defing team time to get help to the group inside. Its all about keeping targets soft and taking camps and delaying larges groups is a major part of this.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Nice stream but I couldn’t get over one thing.. CLICKER!

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

DarthMohax.2593

Cant see what wrong with clicking… i click my utility skills, coz its uncomfortable to press buttons, and i sometimes click weapon skills as well, when im using all my fingers to move my char…. and for targeting too, but not in GW2 since its extremly hard to target anything with mouse here

in WvW

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

clickers are funny indeed

in WvW

Niim.9260

Since when should 5 people need to theorycraft their characters to beat 1? And playing a thief is not hard. If it was hard to do what that thief did then I could understand but I’ve seen keyboard turning “clicker boys” as you say killing 3-4 people in videos they’ve posted themselves.

I did not say five people ‘should’ need to do that, I said those five people should do that because clearly it is needed in their case which is more a statement about them, then the thief they are fighting.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Niim.9260

Cant see what wrong with clicking… i click my utility skills, coz its uncomfortable to press buttons, and i sometimes click weapon skills as well, when im using all my fingers to move my char…. and for targeting too, but not in GW2 since its extremly hard to target anything with mouse here

We all eventually make the switch away from clicking if you play long enough, and then you will see and understand what is wrong with clicking.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Yohimbe.1876

Yohimbe.1876

Zomg, Iz, do us a huge favor next time and delay your stream with chat bubbles off. Talk about running around with a target on your back. Bad Izzy, no cookie for you.

Chay Darkhaven – SBI
Leader of The Ethereal Guard
Huzzah!

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

I did not say five people ‘should’ need to do that, I said those five people should do that because clearly it is needed in their case which is more a statement about them, then the thief they are fighting.

Five players who know what they are doing should be able to drive the thief off or kill him if the thief makes a mistake. When on my guardian I purposefully ran shield to counter shadow refuge. On my necro, I can drop a fear mark on the house. However, this is often times not enough since the thief has so many ways to stealth themselves or ports to get out of focused burst situations.

A large part of killing a good thief who exploits all of the ways to stealth and port is just pure kitten luck that you land your party’s focused damage in the right place when they are stealthed.

Builds that can engage 5+ people alone and live are simply out-of-bounds with respect to class balance. It doesn’t matter if those players are bad or not.

A good thief is not going to kill a group of 5 good players, but a good thief can engage a group of 5 good players and just harass them unless the thief makes a mistake or gets unlucky.

Now, from a 1v1 perspective what is required to kill a good thief is absolutely kitten since they have so many means of resetting a fight to get out of combat to fully heal.

So, if they are losing a fight all they have to do is use their stealth and mobility to heal to full and try again and just keep trying again until they get it right. This is kitten and ridiculous in a competitive setting.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in WvW

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Builds that can engage 5+ people alone and live are simply out-of-bounds with respect to class balance. It doesn’t matter if those players are bad or not.

According to who and what law? If there’s an actually a law out there saying this, it won’t matter because most thieves tend to break the rules

(edited by BobbyT.7192)

in WvW

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

How did such a well intended, helpful and instructive video turned out into a Thief/Stealth cry fest? I’ve even seen some personal (although indirect) attacks to poor Izzy. Stop picking word by word of what he says literally like obsessive scrutinizers. The bigger it gets, the more pretentious and degraded a gaming community gets, sad.

Let thieves have their own niche, just like Warriors, Guardians, Necros and so on have. Knockback those thieves out of that shadow refuge, which is pretty much their only saving grace once they fail a C&D or stealth combo and watch them melt in a split of a second. Lots of people claiming thieves are top 1v1, they really, really aren’t. Not like 1 thief is ever going to score a kill inside a zerg with at least a single competent player anyways.

Also, as you already said Izzy, you should do your next video with a slight delay, it was obvious those CD players were hunting you using your stream.
Turning off chat bubbles (if that’s even possible) would be great as well, that sylvari player was distracting, incredibly annoying and disrespectful.

I wont blame you on clicking your utilities (even though showing your skills as a player is not the purpose of this video at all), I know what it feels like playing in a different keyboard other than your own, if it’s smaller it’s even worse definetly!

All in all, great video! Keep them coming!

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

in WvW

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Thanks for the great tips! I enjoyed every second of the video :-)
Looking forward to see more.

In our guild we do excactly the same tasks as your party did. It’s much more fun than zerg vs zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

you could do a zerg stream teach commanders what to do and some big group tactics.

I am sure any guild from tier 1 to 3 would gladly volunteer their members for that zerg live steam. Top candidates for me would be SF from JQ and WM from BG. They really know what they are doing and I am sure they would greatly entertain the viewers.

You guys can also consider FOO from JQ, Rise from BG, PINK from TC, RAM from Yak’s, CO from DB and RE from Kaineng. All these guilds are pretty good too. I am sure there are other great guilds out there but I am just not familiar with them.

Thanks for that havoc team live steam btw.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

you could do a zerg stream teach commanders what to do and some big group tactics.

I am sure any guild from tier 1 to 3 would gladly volunteer their members for that zerg live steam. Top candidates for me would be SF from JQ and WM from BG. They really know what they are doing and I am sure they would greatly entertain the viewers.

You guys can also consider FOO from JQ, Rise from BG, PINK from TC, RAM from Yak’s, CO from DB and RE from Kaineng. All these guilds are pretty good too. I am sure there are other great guilds out there but I am just not familiar with them.

Thanks for that havoc team live steam btw.

VoTF (EU T3 atm) has offered in another thread to take an ANet Dev with us on a CTA.
Considering their daytime is primetime for us (I wasn’t around at the time the stream was being done but apparently it was around reset time EU?), EU guilds are probably a better choice than a US guild if they play from their workplace for it

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Nice stream, he gave a lot of nice tips. Ofcourse this wasn’t for you hardcore WvWers out there. You should know all of this already.

He did clicked his skills, which bothered me a bit, but apparantly he wasn’t playing on his regular keyboards, so I can forgive him.

But the one thing I really liked is that he played a condition warrior build. These are actually pretty powerful in WvW. His build wasn’t fully optimized thou. He could have gotten a lot more survivability without giving away to much damage with some tweaks. But still, thanks for showing this build to people.

And about thiefs, you got troll thiefs build for maximum survivability. You can’t kill these without putting way to much effort in it. Lucky they don’t deal a lot of damage either. So he was right about just ignoring them.

Time is points people, time is points.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

DarthMohax.2593

We all eventually make the switch away from clicking if you play long enough, and then you will see and understand what is wrong with clicking.

Well, its indeed possible that your expirience in games is greater than mine, but so far there wasnt a single MMO (including GW1) where players produced better results with just buttons rather than with buttons+mouse clicks… though its already off-topic, so lets just stop.

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

You know you can rebind your keys, right? i.e move the utility skills near your wasd movement buttons (For example you could bind q for heal, e for elite etc). I was a clicker too but I saw the light, I binded my keys, and now I can eat cake and pew pew without the click clickety click hassle!

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Niim.9260

Well, its indeed possible that your expirience in games is greater than mine, but so far there wasnt a single MMO (including GW1) where players produced better results with just buttons rather than with buttons+mouse clicks… though its already off-topic, so lets just stop.

And that was demonstrated how? Make the change to zero clicking and then come back to me after a few months playing that way and tell me you are going back to clicking because it is better.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I don’t think people are understanding that this stream wasn’t really for.. well.. anyone that commented in this thread.
It’s a beginners guide for the PvE crowd that find RvR type experiences a bit overwhelming. Bear in mind the VAST majority of users paying Arenanet’s mortgage have never done anything like this, and giving them a clue about party sized objectives is a wonderful idea.

And on a side note: Finding thieves to be god-mode is a user error.

in WvW

Posted by: Victoitor.2917

Victoitor.2917

Thanks everyone who came out it was a lot of fun. Let me know if there is anything I could do improve it next time.

Carry a shield in your inventory. When you want to enter a tower that’s being sieged, switch the longbow for a shield offhand so you have sword+warhorn and sword+shield. That should make it easier for you to come back to the tower.

You also kept calling towers as keeps. Try to use the correct wording for people that are learning to follow your example.

Other than that, I thought it was an amazing video. Liked it very much! Thank you!

Raimundo Faztudo (Human Engineer) – Current WvW
Mr Tauser (Char Warrior) – Current PvE
[CATZ] – HoD