WvW Loggers

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: tonkatsu.9067

tonkatsu.9067

I fight on TC and I am seeing this more and more lately from those other 2 servers, you beat them and they log off before you stomp, sometimes even logging off when their health is around 10-20%.
This to me seems like an easy thing to fix, make it so you cant log off if you are downed until you respawn? Come on who is with me?

Tyrrionne – Jade Quarry Thief/Mesmer/Engi

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

You can’t stop someone from quitting in the middle of a fight. Alt+F4. Just keep track of when it happens and start penalizing people who do it over and over again.

BG

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

Against these loggers, anyone logging off mid-fight in combat will still have a death counted towards them, you still get credit for “killing” them, and they will wake up in PvE dead anyways. The only way I see this being detrimental is if you’re a hardcore PPT player, and that 1 or 2 or 3 points per stomp make the difference to you.

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Against these loggers, anyone logging off mid-fight in combat will still have a death counted towards them, you still get credit for “killing” them, and they will wake up in PvE dead anyways. The only way I see this being detrimental is if you’re a hardcore PPT player, and that 1 or 2 or 3 points per stomp make the difference to you.

I’ve been seeing various guys simply disapearing and not giving me credit for the kill (exp in that case). It’s not always, but it seens to me that some people don’t get punished by doing alt+f4 during combat.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

It’s not always intentional. I was in a duel with a person from JQ and part way though, I d/ced

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If you’re parked in a city, there’s zero punishment for doing this (you wake up dead but WPs are free, and armor damage is a non-mechanic now).

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

You can’t stop someone from quitting in the middle of a fight. Alt+F4. Just keep track of when it happens and start penalizing people who do it over and over again.

Wish anet would be kind enough to give loot bags from the alt f4 players.

Teef master race

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Wish anet would be kind enough to give loot bags from the alt f4 players.

They do. Alt + F4 during a fight counts as a death and you get credit for it.

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

You used to, but guess what, the PvE team released another LS which some how, yet again, reset things for WvW!

Players have been able to Alt-kittenain without consequence again.

It’s been like this for months, surprised you didnt realise.
If they ever fix this, and the lag again, just keep a look out, when the following LS patch is released, things like this are undone!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

You used to, but guess what, the PvE team released another LS which some how, yet again, reset things for WvW!

If they ever fix this, and the lag again, just keep a look out, when the following LS patch is released, things like this are undone!

We all know where the real focus of the dev lies, and it’s now WvW.

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: RuneCrimson.7380

RuneCrimson.7380

only time I log is when I get downed for like the 50th time and I respawn at the wps then log out of WvW cause I for one think its unfair to be attacked by a whole zerg when I am standing or moving around alone. Not like I am a threat to anyone running alone.

{Knights of Revengence} [KoR-Lord]
“Nothing is true! Everything is Permitted!”

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

There is a way to avoid being stomped/killed that has been around since the start although the effectiveness of it before wasn’t great due to the volume of players on servers, now after the patch several months back and less players it can be achieved more easily. To be honest about it i’m not sure why people bother with things like this as to me it’s like cheating when you play patience(you’re only cheating yourself). Publicly mentioning it will only make more people aware of it hence me being vague not that it’s a secret, but it’s something Anet should address although i’m not sure what they can do about it.

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Every time I see someone alt f4 during a fight, I get credit. Maybe you should actually deal damage to them?

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

No one will ever deprive me of my right to ragequit.

I do agree to the fact that alt+f4ing in combat SHOULD ofc count 100% as a kill, however you can not pretend that if someone feels like ragequitting should just stay there, wait for you to stomp him and then quit.

The best thing would be that if you’re in combat and you lose connection anyhow your character should remain logged for some time, but we all know this will never happen

Ragequitting has always been in any pvp game, it’s that feeling you get when you meet an enemy, and you start chasing him, call everyone you know on TS to hunt him and take him down, blow randomly all of your CDs trying to stop him, failing and keeping on chasing him braindead. Then you see him hesitating and you just jump on him with that creepy grin on your face and everything you’ve got, just to get ganked by that 20ppl zerg coming from behind that rock so that that same guy can just turn around and stomp you.

That’s where all the saints fall down from heaven hit by your blasfemies, when you alt+f4, throw your keyboard at the wall and swear you will never again play that kittening stupid game for kittens and idiots ever.

Then 10mins later you log back onto TS and back in the game and everything starts again.

It’s all part of the fun

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: Paddy.3985

Paddy.3985

I’ve never raged that hard before in my life… sounds tiring.

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Loggers >>Abusers/QQers

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I find it rather funny that someone actually rages so much, they alt f4. What bothers me tho, more and more often I get no credit for the kill, no exp, nothing. I deal dmg to them, they are still in combat, non-stealthy class and pooooof the guy is gone.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

I find it rather funny that people have always to complain about everything to the point one isn’t free to bloody alt+f4 because it’s considered “not socially acceptable”

people are different

@paddy that was a joke man, an exaggeration

Besides that it would be interesting to actually know if when someones logs out you still get credit for the kill as someone says you do someone says you don’t… When someoen logs out on me i usually get exp and loot, but maybe not really always

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Arenanet Special Tactics Team

Alt-F4 Working As Intended

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Until they get rid of the down state and stealth in WvW people gonna Alt-F4.

Its only legit against a thief. They deserve it

WvW Loggers

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

What do they gain by Alt F4ing?

They still die. You still get loot. There is no armor repair cost either way. It takes them a lot longer to get back into the fight. In the end, you come out ahead.

If you run into someone Alt F4ing, just let them sit in their corner eating paste. They are not hurting anyone…

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story