WvW Maintenance October 24, 2016

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

We will be disabling WvW for a brief maintenance period on October 24, 2016 starting at approximately 11 AM PDT. We will update this thread to let you know when WvW has been briefly disabled, and again when it has been re-enabled.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Do you really need to do this during EU primetime? I am sure you could do it 4-5 hours earlier or later or have different maintenance times for NA and EU.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Posted by: TheWhiteWolves.3076

TheWhiteWolves.3076

Do you really need to do this during EU primetime? I am sure you could do it 4-5 hours earlier or later or have different maintenance times for NA and EU.

If they went 4-5 hours earlier, people wouldn’t be in the office to either do it or fix things should it go wrong and likewise with 4-5 hours later, people would be looking at heading home on top of it being near the NA primetime, remember anet is in american so everything is done on american times.

in WvW

Posted by: Blackari.2051

Blackari.2051

rather than wondering why it was not done in time that would be “good” for both NA / EU , I wanna know what is the maintenance about

in WvW

Posted by: Pat.9038

Pat.9038

Hell yea spin those servers, do some bios updates, add another TB of RAM, give those nics a rest. Ask those guys in the data center to give em hug, servers need love love too, we all do! Thank you, everyone that has to do with amazing up time we experience on a daily basis! Arenanet’s infrastructure crew, talk about captains of their industry. Arenanet is the Diamond standard when it comes to seriously talented IT professionals.

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

This maintenance is for NA only.

in WvW

Posted by: Second Interval.4975

Second Interval.4975

Thank you for your ongoing help and maintenance of the servers. Many of us really appreciate all you do, tech team, development team, and any other Guild Wars 2 staff I haven’t mentioned.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris Barrett

Previous

Chris Barrett

Gameplay Programmer

WvW is available again, and today’s maintenance is complete.