WvW Merc Camp & Demolition Achievement woes

in WvW

Posted by: elikal.7356

elikal.7356

Grr… I tried to get the Achievements for Season 1 WvW, but I just CAN’t get the Merc Camp or the Demolition Achievement.

Merc Camp: can SOME programmer PLEASE remove those Toxic Plants from there? They are SUPER annoying! I doubt anyone who goes there cares for the Toxic Plant! They make it for small groups nigh impossible now to tag the Ogres to get the achievement!

Also, Demoliton. Sigh. If you dont have Ram Mastery, NOBODY lets you do the stuff. Plus, it depends way too much on lucky WvW matchups! If you have an overpowering enemy, or your server overpowers the enemy, how can you attain that, when the enemy doesn’t HAVE keeps or your server has no chance?

The rest is ok, but these two Achievement parts are just WAY too fickle and diffcult to get atm.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Anet is concerned about your negative gameplay experience and will seek to alter these problems sometime in the future when it’s to late. cough

Or maybe the guy in charge of WvW will put his foot down and the minions will scurry into action. Who knows!

in WvW

elikal.7356

Anet is concerned about your negative gameplay experience and will seek to alter these problems sometime in the future when it’s to late. cough

Or maybe the guy in charge of WvW will put his foot down and the minions will scurry into action. Who knows!

Great so on top of failure to get more than 3 in HOURS and the sheer frustration I get mockery as well…

Sorry, but connecting this, esp. the Merc Camps to WvW achievement was the worst idea ever!

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

Just get out a weapon your class allows you to fire off an attack repeatedly with. Necromancer main hand dagger is a good example. after that just bang on the door while the rams are going. You will get credit.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

@elikal on the demolition achievement, the key is that you have to do enough damage

You do NOT have to use a piece of siege. It’s still a pain, but hopefully that helps you a bit.

I’m only 2 of 15 on merc camps…

in WvW

elikal.7356

@elikal on the demolition achievement, the key is that you have to do enough damage

You do NOT have to use a piece of siege. It’s still a pain, but hopefully that helps you a bit.

I’m only 2 of 15 on merc camps…

Altogether it’s 50.

:(

Managed this evening 8.

in WvW

Posted by: Lifewaster.5912

Lifewaster.5912

For the demolition achievement, just take a turn trebbing stone mist walls, it gets trebbed from all sides, especially from red keep, wildcreek/klovan , and durios.

Most treb positions hit 2 walls at a time.

###

Most importantly , several ppl can take turns firing a few shots off the treb, and all will get the credit when the walls break. If you see an ally trebbing, ask them if they will let you on for a moment just to take 2-3 shots. All you need is treb 2-3 shots worth of dmg on the wall to get the credit when it drops.

If they repair the broken wall back up, you can break it again to get even more credit.

(edited by Lifewaster.5912)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If they repair the broken wall back up, you can break it again to get even more credit.

So you have one side trebbing for the demolition achieve while the other furiously repairs for the repair achieve!

in WvW

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

I got all demolition achievement during karma train, no party, just auto attack and switch to read some web pages while waiting for the gate crash sound.

in WvW

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

I am sure they forgot quaggan camps were removed from borderlands when they added the mercenary camp achievement. EB sucks.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Demolition achievement is not to bad but merc camps is horrible. Only merc camps in wvw are in EB since Anet removed the krait and skritt/centaurs do not count. So have to way in queue for EB to get the merc camps achievement which is very annoying.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Mercenary camps are terrible, 50 is insane…

I did a JP instead…much easier…

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Demolition is easy. The stupid yak one is the one I keep having trouble with. Only at ~128 out of 225. (Sentry ain’t doing so well either, but at least its higher) Merc is kinda a pain, but doable (at about 36 currently, I think). You just have to participate in it to get a tick in your achievements (ie. you still get 1 towards it even if another server takes it, as long as you did a couple things to increase your servers alliance bar thing).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

elikal.7356

Ok thanks for the demolition tips. ^^

I still think the Merc Camp stuff is crazy.(

EDIT: Ok I tried the demolition thing: just placing a ram doesnt count, and hacking on a door with weapons didn’t count either.

(edited by elikal.7356)

in WvW

elikal.7356

What am I doing with my life… I sit in virtual towers waiting for Merc Camps to be grey. Usually too late. Sitting around more. In a WvW zone, because if I DONT sit and wait, I miss it.

Or running behind sentries, getting there too late as well, or being ambushed by 4 enemies.

What the kitten am I doing with my life?

in WvW

Posted by: Eugenides.1274

Eugenides.1274

Why are you even doing it if you don’t enjoy it? I don’t understand the reasoning behind this.

Attolis – Beyond the Wall [Crow]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Great so on top of failure to get more than 3 in HOURS and the sheer frustration I get mockery as well…

Sorry, but connecting this, esp. the Merc Camps to WvW achievement was the worst idea ever!

It is indeed mockery, but it’s not aimed at you.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah i agree.. merc camp flipper is the most time consuming achievement… anet forgot that they removed quaggans from the borderlands….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

elikal.7356

Why are you even doing it if you don’t enjoy it? I don’t understand the reasoning behind this.

Err because I too want some cool items?

in WvW

Posted by: meklin.4530

meklin.4530

So last I checked I have around 130 Yaks, 150 Sentries and 25 Mercs. All from following a Zerg for a few hours a day. I know some servers it makes it difficult due to lack of players. Use the LFG tool, it works in WvW too. Form some parties and go farming the Achievements. A small group should be able to tackle the merc camps no problem. Focus on rezzing and searching for the merc NPCs. Just skip all that toxic crap you see, you don’t actually have to attack any of them. I know for a fact it’s not that hard to finish on your own if you just skip the toxic NPCs.

If you really need to farm Dolyaks and sentries the supply camps near Enemy BL spawns are a short run and have sentries sitting outside of them. Also the Bloodlust Nodes each have 2 sentries. They are flipped quite often so it’s not hard to came them. Like I said from a party using the LFG tool and farm effieciently. Just don’t burst the Yaks/Sentires down so everyone can get credit. Happy hunting!!

in WvW

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

A few more options would really have made a difference. If you don’t want to do the annoying JPs, you have to complete all the other achievements and some of them are a pain.

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Grr… I tried to get the Achievements for Season 1 WvW, but I just CAN’t get the Merc Camp or the Demolition Achievement.

Merc Camp: can SOME programmer PLEASE remove those Toxic Plants from there? They are SUPER annoying! I doubt anyone who goes there cares for the Toxic Plant! They make it for small groups nigh impossible now to tag the Ogres to get the achievement!

Also, Demoliton. Sigh. If you dont have Ram Mastery, NOBODY lets you do the stuff. Plus, it depends way too much on lucky WvW matchups! If you have an overpowering enemy, or your server overpowers the enemy, how can you attain that, when the enemy doesn’t HAVE keeps or your server has no chance?

The rest is ok, but these two Achievement parts are just WAY too fickle and diffcult to get atm.

Honestly, with all the complaining about Toxics, this is really the only place that they hinder WvW. They are really hurting people from getting their merc camps achievement.

On the other hand, you don’t need to use seige to get the demo achievement. I would just PvD with the zerg, and I got the achievement.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

So you have one side trebbing for the demolition achieve while the other furiously repairs for the repair achieve!

Balance!
/sarcasm

On topic, Demolition is not working for me anymore even if I melee auto the doors for the entire duration with a power build. Doing the exact same in the first few matchups of the season did get me credit, however. I think they might have ninja raised the damage threshold.

I ended up biting the bullet and buying my way to Ram mastery lvl2 and buying 50 superior rams to place for myself.

Re: Merc Camp. Whoever designed this achievement (and the Repair achievement) should really not be allowed any input in designing achievements in future seasons…

(edited by Kaon.7192)

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

i agree with mercenaries but demolition isn’t hard rams, catas, trebs, any of it.

find a few people who also need it and go take turns. depending on the match and location it will be easier or harder obviously. also near end of the week i can’t imagine people really caring that much about mastery or not.

but seriously just get mastery its not expensive.

in WvW

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

I’ve read many posts about demolition achievement, and it seems like it’s either:

a: Bugged, it depends on luck
b: You must be the one doing the last hit (most likely scenario)
c: You must be using a ram or other siege weapon (ties into last hit thing, since you do so much damage each hit)

At the moment I’ve destroyed 20 gates, and I’ve never destroyed any with rams, or even used rams once. Every gate I destroyed with either longbow+greatsword, or longbow+axe/warhorn as a ranger. Basically with longbow’s ability 5 and with warhorn’s ability 4, you keep ticking damage to it constantly, making it very likely that you are doing the last hit.

in WvW

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

Also, the merc. camp achievement is indeed silly, and only advice I can give is to run between ogre and dredge camps. Pay attention when they are grey and run towards that one. Also, it doesn’t matter if it’s you or other team who captures it, as long as you were part of trying to capture it. Meaning that just kill 1 harpy/destroyer or revive 1 dredge/destroy harpy nest, to get bronze medal.

Have “fun”.

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

i think if you take turns on rams/catas you each get the achieve. i think you just have to hit it with some sort of siege. and i also think that initially you could get credit for DPS on a gate and that was changed after season started.

i could be wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Adula.3698

Adula.3698

There are 4 achievements I think that you can skip, just skip the kittened ones that you can’t get like merc camps. Also, demo is the easiest one ever. If you can’t do enough damage to a gate, there is a simple solution. Build a treb. Just throw a treb in your tower and nuke all the walls around SM. EZPZ

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

This is what happens when the achievements are designed by a PvE’er dev and never tested. I am on Tier 1 an play 10 hours WvW everyday and I am only 10%-15% done on the Merc camp.

I mean seriously you put 30 towers (can be done in 1-5 hours) and then the Merc camp (can be done only in EB and 100-1000 hours)???

Betrayed by the gods of ANet