WvW New Build Just Ruined 3 Omega

in WvW

Posted by: Siliconhobbit.4361

Siliconhobbit.4361

Ya know….I’m not one to complain much…but I feel I need to express my EXTREME frustration and anger with our Supreme Overlords that have created this game.

Your abrupt and sudden shut-down of WvW this evening (12/12/12) for a new build just screwed me out of 3 Omega Siege Golems.

Omega Siege golems are hella expensive. Not only did you NOT give us any sort of time frame to PREPARE for the restart, you gave us 2 warnings, within 10 seconds of eachother and shifted us all to Lion’s Arch.

THREE OMEGA SIEGE GOLEMS down the drain.

Thank you, oh Supreme Overlords. I appreciate the 15 gold you have taken from my pocket and flushed it down the drain.

in WvW

Siliconhobbit.4361

SERIOUSLY!?!?! You restarted the servers for a new build that only required me to download 935KB of info?

THREE OMEGA SIEGE GOLEMS GONE because of this tom-follery.

/facepalm

in WvW

Posted by: Demonize.3208

Demonize.3208

Official quote from Anet…

Advance notification of new builds
In order to allow WvW players to make good decions about siege placement, assault timing, etc. we’re adding a new build pre-announcement. This will be in the form of a message broadcast to all players some time before the current build expires. Because this notification is tied to one of the final steps in our build process, and those final steps take a variable amount of time, we won’t be able to say exactly when the current build will expire. Instead, the message will provide a window of time in which the new build will become available.

Please pull it together Anet. This is what will in the end cause you to hemorrhage customers until the game we love is just a shell. A 935kb DL? This can’t be serious.

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

I really have no clue why they can’t give at least 15 minutes warning on this.

Crazy.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in WvW

Posted by: ikarirain.2086

ikarirain.2086

Here’s a crazy thought. Save all the updates for the Friday WvW reset, and just update then. No random build improvements that interrupt the game-play. Heck, call it weekly maintenance with the updates the moment a WvW round ends, and so many people will be happier because of it, because, at the very least, they will know when to expect it. Honest to God, there’s no reason for a mid-game build update unless it is to solve a massively critical and serious game flaw or massively abused bug/glitch/hack.

Meilin Feigal – Vanguard Founder
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I don’t even see why this was needed … A patch is coming on the 14th where this could have gone into and not even a warning if you’re going to do this? I don’t even …

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

Official quote from Anet…

Advance notification of new builds
In order to allow WvW players to make good decions about siege placement, assault timing, etc. we’re adding a new build pre-announcement. This will be in the form of a message broadcast to all players some time before the current build expires. Because this notification is tied to one of the final steps in our build process, and those final steps take a variable amount of time, we won’t be able to say exactly when the current build will expire. Instead, the message will provide a window of time in which the new build will become available.

Please pull it together Anet. This is what will in the end cause you to hemorrhage customers until the game we love is just a shell. A 935kb DL? This can’t be serious.

THIS TIMER, is going to be launched with the Patch coming tomorrow! :P So!

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

in WvW

Posted by: Liriel.1473

Liriel.1473

in WvW

Posted by: FilthyRat.4652

FilthyRat.4652

Think i heard they had a new build because there was a copper node that gave an extra piece or two

Barodd-80 W/Kremklin-80 Me/Dokast-80 Nec
Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

They fixed some exploits. Hopefully the kind that had led to our server losing several fully upgraded keeps and towers this week.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

If new builds are always going to wipe out potentially very expensive siege and upgrades…then I think they should just limit WvW builds to once a week when the rematch occurs.

Unless they are fixing a major, crippling WvW issue…it can wait.

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

in WvW

Siliconhobbit.4361

Dude….I feel for ya…truly I do.