WvW Points beyond 1390!

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Isbot.6701

Isbot.6701

Once you have reached 1,390 Ability points you have unlocked all of the WvW skills in the game. Yet you continue to accumulate points all the way up to 10,000. What is the use of these additional points?

According the “Upgrading World vs. World Upgrades” article by Tyler Bearce (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upgrading-world-vs-world-upgrades/) once HoT comes out it looks like it will cost less than 1,390 to max out all WvW skills.

I had a couple of ideas and discussed it with some of my friends and they chipped in some thoughts. One of the concerns I have is that you don’t want to make it so new players can’t play with experienced players and the ideas below try to keep that thought in mind.

1) A chance to replenish your siege you threw. So once you have “Super Build: Flame Ram” you have a 25% chance to get back the ram you threw down. Once you have completed all of the different types of Build Masteries you have an additional skill that gives you an added 25% chance to replenish all siege thrown. Obviously the 25% is arbitrary.

2) Different shaped commander tags that can only be bought with WvW points. Perhaps a sword, a shield, and a telescope. That way people can tell at a glance what kind of activity the commander is engaged in.

3) Have one (or more) Guild Hall upgrades cost WvW points. The thought here is that you have it cost 250 WvW points at a cost of 50 points per player. If the player leaves the guild they get their point refunded and the guild can’t do the next tiered upgrade until a player fills that slot back in.

4) Consumables. Tier 6 Materials? Siege? Laurels? Personally I am not a fan of this idea but multiple people suggested it so I thought I would include it. Since WvW points are a finite resource then I am reluctant to have players spend them on a 1 time use purchase.

As I slowly work my way up through the ranks in WvW I continue to see my points accumulate and I am sure there are many other players who would happily spend a few hundred of them to have a chance to replenish the siege they just threw. Or to have any use for them at all.

Thanks and I look forward to feedback.

Able Sentry (Ferguson’s Crossing – FOE Guild Leader)

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

Siege thrown has longer despawn timer.

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Lithilliumn.2590

Lithilliumn.2590

I actually think that there are some solid idea’s in here and I’m not just saying that because the mister ^ up here is my guild leader, but because there is logic to it. Now I am not a big wvw player, nonetheless I can see the uselessness of having points that you can not spend on anything anymore.

Personally I see this with fractals, after a while you have everything and still a lot of relics to use that are just sitting there (heck I got near 90 ascended rings sitting on a mule waiting to be salvaged). So having additional options to spend them on is something I’m looking forwards to with the ledgy stuff in fractals-HoT. Then why not for wvw as well?

Let me throw another idea out there;

5) Decorations: Now I dont know if it has been mentioned before or if it’s already going to be possible (I’m not really up to date on the whole wvw and guild stuff), but it would also be interesting to be able to buy guild decorations and stuff with wvw points to show off your guild efforts in keeping our borderlands safe.

Thanks and looking forwarsd to feedback as well, also kind regards,
Lore (Ferguson’s Crossing – FOE Guild Member)

(edited by Lithilliumn.2590)

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

A couple years ago someone posted a thread with a lot of great ideas for more WvW level ideas. It was a great thread and worth digging up again if someone can find it.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: HandsomePixel.8630

HandsomePixel.8630

It would be nice to be able to obtain the necessary legendary crafting materials from WvW, specifically dungeon tokens (or new equivalent currency to be used in replace of the purchasable gift or make the gift purchasable through a WvW vendor). This would also open up the ability for a WvW player to obtain dungeon skins/items which are exclusive to PvE (through fractals) and PvP (through PvP reward tracks) players.

I like the idea of cosmetic WvW benefits such example could include:
Unique commander tag icons (previously mentioned)
Flairs (for ground targeting and fun)
Skins (access to rare WvW tourney skins for example)
Cosmetic potions (change into a dolyak, ghost, etc)
Unique skins for siege such as mecha-flame rams or organic (slyvari) golems
Titles (maybe make the achievable WvW titles actually accessible?)

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

They were actually gpoing to release more wvw gained abilites until newbies started crying.

On another note, can any1 confirm if they are indeed removing guard stacks in hot?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: wretch.9830

wretch.9830

I actually am a huge fan of #2 Especially the Sword and Shield. Not so sure what the telescope would be good for, seeing as if you’re gonna scout you wouldn’t tag up.

And #3 sounds not half bad.

Dunno about those other 2, but wouldn’t mind either.

Slightly Overkill -80 -[Moon]
Sylvari Ranger – Anvilrock (ikr…?)

(edited by wretch.9830)

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Phizell.9068

Phizell.9068

Great ideas isbot, I especially like the idea of a way to organize groups under a tag, ie sword = Zerg, shield=defence etc. The idea to be able to contribute to your guild is a great one too – it has the potential to allow individuals within each guild to contribute in a way that would encourage communication and potentially better understanding of WvW activities within the guild.

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Wartna.8671

Wartna.8671

I actually am a huge fan of #2 Especially the Sword and Shield. Not so sure what the telescope would be good for, seeing as if you’re gonna scout you wouldn’t tag up.

And #3 sounds not half bad.

Dunno about those other 2, but wouldn’t mind either.

Why wouldn’t you tag up as a scout? Our players are encouraged to tag up if they scout, a lot easier for the commanders as well.

OT: I like most of your ideas, I dislike the idea of purchasing T6 and stuff like that for it though, mainly for the same reason you stated.

Far Shiverpeaks
Kalevala [KALE]

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Isbot.6701

Isbot.6701

I made my suggestions very much with the idea of newbies not being penalized and Fuzzion’s comment brings up a very legitimate concern. Here is something I should have put in my original post, they could make the first 1390 a pre-requisite before any of the others.

Does it really hurt a new player to not have a chance to regain siege like an experienced one? Same question with different shaped tag?

Is a new player less effective without Catapult skills? Ram Skills? The ability to pick up all supply at once? Yes they are. But none of my suggestions are in the same category as the basic WvW skills.

Arena Net has A LOT of points to do things with and it is very possible to do it in ways without taking away from gameplay for new players.

Thanks to all for their comments and thoughts,

Able Sentry (Ferguson’s Crossing – FOE Guild Leader)

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Subversion.2580

Subversion.2580

I think the best solutions involve adding some conversion options like PvP (skins) and some rotation options like PvE (gamble). However, WvW have one problem and that is that its economy is poorly balanced internally in how WXP and tokens are earned. If you make a move to balance WvW income to PvE and PvP (which should be done), you would also need to revise the balance of how WXP and tokens are earned today, as they are very prone to karma-trains that will affect different servers and playstyles very differently. There have to be some diminishing returns and/or progression system similar to those other game modes.

Perhaps a diminishing returns system for tokens/dailies and a reward track for WXP/rank.

(edited by Subversion.2580)

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I seriously think very minor things like alternate commander tag icons/colours, titles, siege skins (think Chinese new year/Christmas siege skins), simplistic finishers? Would make the best addition to ranks beyond 1,390.

Maybe it’s just me but I feel like adding anything too… Exotic… ? Is unfair to newer players/players who haven’t done much WvW. Not only that but ranks in WvW are a very easy thing to gain. And this is coming from someone who’s just short of rank 5,000 (high Mithril) now.

Honestly simple aesthetic things would probably make quite a few people happy but you can’t please everyone. There’s always gonna be those people who scream “omg just skins really, ANet totally hates WvW /rant/rant/rant.”

Personally I’ve wanted titles for a long time now. There are so many titles already it’s not like adding a few more for WvW ranks would be a terrible idea. Just not a title for every single rank. More like one – three per tier

Eg. Bronze Mist Treader, Gold Mist Walker, Mithril Mist Runner, or something to that effect since those are all pretty terrible examples, lol.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Raptor.9046

Raptor.9046

I would love to see things like this as long as you remove the ability to gain wxp in EOTM

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

GW2 will always be a pve game thats why wvw was removed from world completion and wvw abilities like guard stack will be removed.

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Scalyon.7028

Scalyon.7028

GW2 will always be a pve game thats why wvw was removed from world completion and wvw abilities like guard stack will be removed.

This is completely false. World completion was removed from WvW because we had too many PvE’ers entering and inflating queue times. This removal was requested by us and Anet actually listened.
Guard stack removal is simply to afford a new player a somewhat equal footing against experienced players. Although few requested this removal it will have little overall impact but it certainly isn’t being done to add more PvE to the game.

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Scalyon.7028

Scalyon.7028

I am all for letting people chase shineys as long as there are no imbalances that could potentially lead to pay-to-win. But be cognizant that if any additions are added that can also be used outside of WvW then we’re going to have PvE’ers tying up the queues once again in their attempts to obtain them. So we need to keep it WvW specific.

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Synosius.9876

alternate commander tag icons, one could be a little train

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

This is completely false. World completion was removed from WvW because we had too many PvE’ers entering and inflating queue times. This removal was requested by us and Anet actually listened.
Guard stack removal is simply to afford a new player a somewhat equal footing against experienced players. Although few requested this removal it will have little overall impact but it certainly isn’t being done to add more PvE to the game.

Little bit of one little bit of the other. For every WvW player griping about queue times there were PvE players griping about having to spend so much time in WvW. There for awhile there was post after post by PvEers griping about, “My world never captures X”. So we can’t say definitively that it was removed because we asked for it.

Guard stack removal will be something people will easily adapt to, and is really not such a big deal. It does make WvW a bit more noob-friendly so perhaps we will get some newer players in there.

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

A couple years ago someone posted a thread with a lot of great ideas for more WvW level ideas. It was a great thread and worth digging up again if someone can find it.

A couple of years ago many players had many great ideas.

Couple years later all we got were coloured commander tags, and that isnt even WvW only! In fact it help PvE more!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: redzerofighter.2381

redzerofighter.2381

Any minor changes such as being able to spend WvW ability points to buy siege would be okay with me at the very least.

Umi Sonoda
Guild leader of Love Live [Maki]
Ferguson’s Crossing [NA]

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Fates Intertwined.3148

Fates Intertwined.3148

I think this post highlights the fact that an there is an opportunity to reward players who work hard at something, and that opportunity is being missed. I definitely agree with Able Sentry that this is an issue that needs to be addressed. I would hate to see something you get a finite amount of be used like an expendable currency. I think it would be preferable to see new ability point lines added. There could certainly be a commander specific point line, in which things like siege refund and role specific tags could exist. The role specific tags is a particularly intriguing idea. I would offer my suggestions as sword for capping, shield for defending, an eye for scouting and an axe for roaming. I think there should also be an ability line associated with guild halls. Right now the guild halls appear to offer a lot for PvE and PvP, and less for WvW. I think that could easily be addressed. Under any circumstances, I think all those excess points absolutely should be used to reward dedicated players.

Serious Alt-aholic
Dedicated to FC

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Smartcat.2130

Smartcat.2130

I was discussing this with friends today as i have a spare 300 points.
I came up with the idea of purchasing guild siege with spare points. I’d happily pay points for guild trebs, guild golems etc, so long as it was reasonably priced.

I can see alot of you have put some serious thought into this, and I just looking over a few of them I would love a commander related line. I also like the idea of titles or exclusive skins. They already have the exclusive skins for achievement points, so I think it would be kinda cool to do the same for wvw points.

define normal…

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

My preference is still to get rid of WvW ranks. They don’t add anything worthwhile. Was better before them. old man grumble grumble

Gate of Madness

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

1-2years ago one player had a list with new abilitys for the WvW Points, look that one up he had alot off good sugestions.

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Would it be too much to allow players to purchase temporary bonuses with WvW points?

They could be similar to the run speed, attack, armor, magic find, and karma boosts that you can get through the upgrade packs. I know it would put those who have high ranks at a bit of an advantage over the fresh players, but doesn’t someone that has been playing for 3-ish years deserve to have some kind of advantage? I realize this might take a few dollars out of ANet’s pocket, but I haven’t ever purchased any of these boosts from the black lion store anyway, and I don’t imagine alot of WvWers buy them.

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

styx.7294

Would it be too much to allow players to purchase temporary bonuses with WvW points?

They could be similar to the run speed, attack, armor, magic find, and karma boosts that you can get through the upgrade packs. I know it would put those who have high ranks at a bit of an advantage over the fresh players, but doesn’t someone that has been playing for 3-ish years deserve to have some kind of advantage? I realize this might take a few dollars out of ANet’s pocket, but I haven’t ever purchased any of these boosts from the black lion store anyway, and I don’t imagine alot of WvWers buy them.

People who have been playing 3-ish years already have the advantage of being better.

Gate of Madness

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

People who have been playing 3-ish years already have the advantage of being better.

haha any noob guild can all reroll guard/war and instantly roll over any pug zerg they run into., how many years u played dont make crap diff in this game. Look at how many bad guilds getting owned left and right before the guard/war meta came out. Now they are the top gvg guild lol what a joke.

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

How about just more colors when it comes to the Doritos tag?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

styx.7294

haha any noob guild can all reroll guard/war and instantly roll over any pug zerg they run into., how many years u played dont make crap diff in this game. Look at how many bad guilds getting owned left and right before the guard/war meta came out. Now they are the top gvg guild lol what a joke.

Matters for roaming. GvG’s just look like zerg trains to me =P

Gate of Madness

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Synosius.9876

No one can remember what the colors mean. I like the different shapes idea. Suggested a little train before, also how about a dog face with bulging eyes.

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

No one can remember what the colors mean. I like the different shapes idea. Suggested a little train before, also how about a dog face with bulging eyes.

I like those ideas for tag changes. How about a set of binoculars for scouts? Another added bonus with using shapes is this could help people who are color impaired.

I also like the idea of buying guild siege for extra wxp points. Or just a way to convert them to another form of useful currency.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Synosius.9876

I like the binoculars, very clever.
Also thought of…
A tent
Pair of acorns
Tea leaves

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I definitely think the progression past ability points being maxed isn’t particularly interesting. When your rank up at level 1500 is the same as your rank up at level 50, it does feel sort of dreary.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

I like the binoculars, very clever.
Also thought of…
A tent
Pair of acorns
Tea leaves

Haha Eko, I like the tent especially

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

I would much rather get account bonuses like +% to mf, gold, Wexp, Exp, etc… even if its less than 1% per point. Just give players incentive to get into WvW more. Also, bonuses should only be given after maxed in all WvW abilities.

Maybe it should give + WvW Reward points of some kind so that your reward chests for WvW levels have a chance of also spawning laurels or something along those lines in addition to the 2 pitiful green items we get.

The WvW level up reward chests need to be revisited anyways since salvaging items is about to get a reduction in materials obtained.

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Haegar.7530

Haegar.7530

For me the only way to go is to be able to convert wvw ability points into hero points. as dedicated wvw player I really hate to run around and do pve for masteries and hero points.

just getting my specialization started is very hard for me.

I want to be able to use wvw ability points for character progression!!

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Masori.3528

Masori.3528

Tbh… The Hero Points are already covered in WvW with the Scrolls.

I rather see the extra points you earn could be turned into Mastery exp (preverably for the magguuma ones).

I for example want the Mistward set for Revenant – which i can only unlock, by leveling up the kitten masteries in Maguuma, which I don’t like to do.

Massive I- [IRON]// [MOB]

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

WvW Points beyond 1390!

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

We should simply be able to use WvW points as a currency for multiple aspects of pve progression similar to pvp tracks. Make a wvw point merchant that accounts for points beyond maximizing all abilities (which is less than 1390 now). You can spend them similar to laurels or dungeon tokens for new sigils, recipes, Hero points (especially since I don’t wont to be stuck playing one class, i play six of 9 regularly and never will farm 1500 hp to use them…that simple), mastery points, infusions, accessories, etc…