WvW Poll 05/06: Reward Tracks (Closed)

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

The latest WvW poll is on the subject of Reward Tracks. Please share your thoughts on this link: https://feedback.guildwars2.com

Keep in mind we plan to add more reward tracks in the future and this poll is specifically to determine if the team needs to spend more time making larger changes, or if the feature can leave beta and only needs small or no changes to be made to it.

(edited by McKenna Berdrow.2759)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: PaladinVII.1647

PaladinVII.1647

I believe the rewards system is in a good place, but some measures need to be taken so the system is not abused. Below is a copy-paste from feedback I already posted, reposted with intent for ease of reading.

WvW Beta (Participation reward track): It seems easy to get participation, and easy to keep a high participation. This may encourage people to stay in the borderland and go AFK until kicked in the hopes that they will stay in the borderland long enough to get a second reward tick. For example: I am done for the night and I wait for a tick to finish. I then go AFK, leaving my character in the BL and take a shower, make dinner, whatever. Or, I do some crafting at the crafting stations. I am occupying a WvW server slot while not participating and benefiting. I suggest that upon each tick, participation is reduced by half or zero and restored upon doing something WvW related: Earning WvW xp from any source (except consumables, if any are left or from wvw rank up chests), killing a player, taking an objective, killing a yak, etc. This would end this potential for abuse.
For an example of this: I went to type this while not playing in WvW at the end of a tick. It is now 6 minutes left in the tick and I am just NOW starting to get Participation degradation. I stuck around in the spawn area of my Borderlands and waited. I was able to get +350 reward track progress (And another reward box) while doing nothing but organizing my inventory and filling out this note for 15 minutes. It is worth noting that the participation degradation is enough so that it degrades to zero at 6 minutes until the end of the second tick (meaning that if someone goes afk, they will only get benefits from lingering participation once), or 24 minutes after I stopped participating in wvw activities and hung out around spawn. Had I not been doing this at 11:21pm, I may have interfering with people who wanted to get in because of a Que.

in WvW

Posted by: Lowen.7109

Lowen.7109

Question. Would it be easy to add/remove tracks in the future or is this relatively set in stone?

(edited by Lowen.7109)

in WvW

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

We definitely plan to add more reward tracks in the future.

Also since I still see some confusion, WvW reward track potions will be added to dailies once the feature exits beta.

(edited by McKenna Berdrow.2759)

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Rewards need work because they still reward lazy game play and do not encourage players to be more productive in WvW. Participation went up to 100% while standing in the keep doing nothing AFK at the armor repair guy while eating dinner and I was rewarded for being AFK. You do not even have to do anything to be rewarded.

You are still also rewarded for Die as fast as you can, go back PvD something undefended, kill NPC get a chest and then have your zerg siege hump and THIS is why players stopped caring about WvW. You do not just need to resolve the scoring to make people care about the game more, more players care about personal rewards than they do the score any day, so you have to make it worth their while to do so.

If you want players to fight over the objectives, you have to reward them personally and specifically for doing so. Increase ascended and legendary LOOT and PPK for players either fighting other player without the use of siege while they are fighting over a yak, sentry, camp, tower or keep. Give the defending team slightly better LOOT than the attacking team and people will come back to defend. The LOOT is MORE IMPORTANT than the objective itself to get players to respond.

Reduce or Remove passive scoring and loot gain and you will reduce the lazy game play taking place. Currently players do not even have to fight other players to be rewarded, and that is part of why no one cares about putting forth the effort to play the game mode how it should be played.

Rewards are nice, but you should at least have to do something to receive them. Standing in the keep while eating dinner is not deserving of rewards.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

McKenna and WvW team,

I just want to say a BIG – THANK YOU!!! for being so kind and asking the WvW Community things like this on your forums and using the polling method.

It really makes me feel like Anet and the WvW Community are on the same team now! This is GREAT! The sky’s the limit on what WvW can become!

Thanks, again!

PS – I love the WvW Rewards Track, and I have voted via the polling link.

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Posted by: Klypto.1703

Klypto.1703

The latest WvW poll is on the subject of Reward Tracks. Please share your thoughts on this link: https://feedback.guildwars2.com

Keep in mind we plan to add more reward tracks in the future and this poll is specifically to determine if the team needs to spend more time making larger changes, or if the feature can leave beta and only needs small or no changes to be made to it.

My 2 cents on this and I am not sure if those legendary armors are supposed to be exclusive to raiding. The thought on this is most of these groups you’ve got to meet all their pve criteria and those kind of groups of people basically the content like raiding was just made for them the way it separates the players who do mostly wvw or pvp. So I do like the reward tracks but when legendary armor does come out I believe at the least wvw should have rewards that help get that too without being excluded by that small group of people who run the raids with specific criteria or you can’t get in their pool.

So my vote is I do like the stuff in current reward tracks but I kinda would say no until content is balanced between the major platforms of pve, wvw, and pvp then I would have no gripes with the system.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Rewards need work because they still reward lazy game play and do not encourage players to be more productive in WvW. Participation went up to 100% while standing in the keep doing nothing AFK at the armor repair guy while eating dinner and I was rewarded for being AFK. You do not even have to do anything to be rewarded.

You are still also rewarded for Die as fast as you can, go back PvD something undefended, kill NPC get a chest and then have your zerg siege hump and THIS is why players stopped caring about WvW. You do not just need to resolve the scoring to make people care about the game more, more players care about personal rewards than they do the score any day, so you have to make it worth their while to do so.

If you want players to fight over the objectives, you have to reward them personally and specifically for doing so. Increase ascended and legendary LOOT and PPK for players either fighting other player without the use of siege while they are fighting over a yak, sentry, camp, tower or keep. Give the defending team slightly better LOOT than the attacking team and people will come back to defend. The LOOT is MORE IMPORTANT than the objective itself to get players to respond.

Reduce or Remove passive scoring and loot gain and you will reduce the lazy game play taking place. Currently players do not even have to fight other players to be rewarded, and that is part of why no one cares about putting forth the effort to play the game mode how it should be played.

Rewards are nice, but you should at least have to do something to receive them. Standing in the keep while eating dinner is not deserving of rewards.

that was a short dinner. you get kicked for afk’ing over 10 mins.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Though most who AFK just use a macro to not log out while they are gone all day/ night, you can also just use any skill or move your character over periodically and you won ’t log out. BTW I was watching the participation bar go to 100% when I was not even touching the keyboard/ mouse at all.. IT was MUCH longer than 10 min, I cooked RIBS, baked potato and made a salad then ate lol . AFK should not be encouraged like that. ALL that rewarding AFK does is encourage more players to clog up Map queues by this being a great AFK spot to get rewards while at work or asleep.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

I once had a professor write “A, with misgivings” on a paper years ago.

WvW reward tracks are like that. The feature is ok as is but there could be improvements.

Activity wise people afking at spawn and not moving , selling things or repairing armor ought to be booted. It is mainly an issue if there’s a queue.

Rewards:

For example in addition to the loot tracks, a superior siege track (omega golems at end with guild skin or whatnot), Wvw scribing track, Wvw weapon skin track (end of 40/40 = 25 WvW tournament claim tickets for battle historian, intermediate ones are superior siege) , cosmetics (siege skins/WvW specific finishers similar to the tournament ones/minis).

There could also be a reward track that gives crystalline ore (for Guild ornate armor) , fulgurite or the fulgurite components (ley line spark / auric dust / airship oil), and HoT materials for the 4 stat weapons and armor (black diamonds, maguuma burls, maguuma lily, moonstone orb, ebony orbs for example).

Also existing boxes from the reward tracks really should not give barbs or junk that clogs up inventory.

p.s. perhaps have a collection in which getting all triumphant armor pieces gets you ascended backpiece like the auric weapons.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I am perfectly fine with the WvW reward tracks. They do not need major rework and I would be perfectly happy if they stay exactly as they are.

I do not mind some small changes but there is nothing that would really bother me.

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

I assume you will not count “don’t count my vote” when assessing the 75%! Obviously that’s what “don’t count my vote” means. Kinda misleading having it in the pie tbh

Piken Square

(edited by Jong.5937)

in WvW

Posted by: Columbo.5924

Columbo.5924

First of all, a big thank you from my side as well.

I just wanted to give you some feedback on your poll. As other users on reddit have already mentioned, a lot of the “no” votes are actually “yes keep it, but it still needs some rework” – that should have voted “yes” instead. There is also a 15% fraction that only wanted to see the results. I dont think they should be counted towards the 75% limit.

You may also want to consider more fine tuning the poll options like:

- Absolutely great, dont change a thing
- Its a very good start, but it needs some fine tuning
- Remove it, unless major changes are implemented
- Scrap it entirely
- Don’t care
- See the results (without voting)

because currently the wording of the poll goes too much into the extremes. From the current wording it even seems that you should vote “no” if you think it could use a rework.

Then again, I hope the reward tracks will stay. I think its the best addition since a long long time.

As somebody has mentioned earlier we really need a reward track to obtain the mistforged weapon skins. You really have an awesome collection of weapon skins there (I really like the shiny metal look with the subtly white mist) but there is currently no way to get them.

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I just wanted to give you some feedback on your poll. As other users on reddit have already mentioned, a lot of the “no” votes are actually “yes keep it, but it still needs some rework” – that should have voted “yes” instead. There is also a 15% fraction that only wanted to see the results. I dont think they should be counted towards the 75% limit.

- Scrap it entirely
- Don’t care

because currently the wording of the poll goes too much into the extremes. From the current wording it even seems that you should vote “no” if you think it could use a rework.

Then again, I hope the reward tracks will stay. I think its the best addition since a long long time.

As somebody has mentioned earlier we really need a reward track to obtain the mistforged weapon skins. You really have an awesome collection of weapon skins there (I really like the shiny metal look with the subtly white mist) but there is currently no way to get them.

I agree they need better polling options, because I absolutely WANT rewards, but think they need work to stop afking/ lazy exploitative game play to keep the game fun so that has to be a no vote when I by no means want to have rewards taken out. ( I <3 my LOOOT) ALSO.. yea, tbh I do not like/ want any of the current reward tracks and already have this stuff under PvP .. would be better if you could have more/ better options.. and ALSO more things that were not account bound would be nice. It is waste to repeat reward tracks when you already have this stuff so you are not really being rewarded equally anymore. MORE options pls.

WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.7329

Ben K.7329

It’s not perfect, but it’s close enough for me. I’d like to see incentives for holding assets over time and winning matches, but I think those are going to favour population imbalance too much to look at just yet. So my vote is onto the next system.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Reward tracks were very much needed.

I personally feel most of the rewards are good, but the skins are completely bland. WvW needs to start getting unique weapon skins and armor skins and back skins and wings and infusion/item auras… Essentially, WvW needs specialized WvW rewards.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

briggah.7910

Though most who AFK just use a macro to not log out while they are gone all day/ night, you can also just use any skill or move your character over periodically and you won ’t log out. BTW I was watching the participation bar go to 100% when I was not even touching the keyboard/ mouse at all.. IT was MUCH longer than 10 min, I cooked RIBS, baked potato and made a salad then ate lol . AFK should not be encouraged like that. ALL that rewarding AFK does is encourage more players to clog up Map queues by this being a great AFK spot to get rewards while at work or asleep.

well i’m not seeing this.. were you in a squad and a scout? after afk’ing mine starts to decay. i had 275 participation points with 10 mins left on tick. with 1 min left on tick mine decayed to 0

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: thorfin.9150

thorfin.9150

I personally think that reward trackpad is really well done and should become definitive .
participation to scoot is really a good thing too.
new things implanted McM really seem very well and the la st patch including the nerve of dissimulatrices water or other are perfect.
we see that there is a good work behind and to listen to the players.
thank you again for your job.

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

- Scrap it entirely
- Don’t care

I agree they need better polling options, because I absolutely WANT rewards, but think they need work to stop afking/ lazy exploitative game play to keep the game fun so that has to be a no vote when I by no means want to have rewards taken out. ( I <3 my LOOOT) ALSO.. yea, tbh I do not like/ want any of the current reward tracks and already have this stuff under PvP .. would be better if you could have more/ better options.. and ALSO more things that were not account bound would be nice. It is waste to repeat reward tracks when you already have this stuff so you are not really being rewarded equally anymore. MORE options pls.

The current reward tracks are similar to PvP because some players only play WvW… This allows them to earn the same rewards as sPvP and PvE players, to an extent of course. I also agree that some WvW only stuff should be implemented. I played 3 years without getting an ascended armor or weapon chest, while a sPvP player who played 3 months had a full suit of ascended only from sPvP… So I am hoping my odds will finally be in my favor with these WvW Reward tracks.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

less tomes of knowledge please. ty

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

I don’t have any complaints concerning the new rewards. I do however have a suggestion concerning the availability of certain types of rewards. As a player gains ranks New tracks should unlock that are wvwvw specific. An example could be a siege track. With the introduction of the provisioner there is an opportunity to create unlocks that can be tied to reward tracks. Players could for example unlock a on-demand turtle banner. Some of the edge of the mist abilities such as the air strike grenade could be a reward. The idea is to empower players that may not have a guild with the tower/keep upgrades. Something that I feel would be interesting is reward tracks that have to be completed one after the other for a greater reward. Think the maguma rank finishers but with a special item upon completion of all tracks. There could be four tracks that grant a not so great itwm. Then the four items can be combined in the mystic forge for a better item. Perhaps instead of four items only three. The fourth item in the recipe could affect the forge result. Reward tracks are a great opportunity for y’all to create some unique reward chains. I hope a dev reads this and takes it to heart. Sorry for the wall of text I’m typing this on my phone. Great job guys, love yalls game. Keep the good stuff coming.

in WvW

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

Are people actually afking for rewards. The reward track progression if someone afks is snail slow. When I am active in wvwvw I get around 400-500+ track progresion. If I spend to much time crafting or cleaning my inventory I may get 75 towards progression. That is a huge difference. A player that does that is wasting there own time. I dought it’s going to impact the game economy negatively considering the type of items in the reward tracks. I personally have not seen anymore afkers in wvwvw now then I have in the past.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

No way. Players level through pvp, create lots of characters and tomes can be used for spirit shards. If anything, tomes could could be upgraded to have additional uses for level 80 characters.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

They’ll never stop that. People leveling characters love the tomes and Anet loves people who level characters since you need additional character slots which equals more $$$ for them.

in WvW

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Is this poll not going on the launcher for visibility like the previous poll?

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Are people actually afking for rewards. The reward track progression if someone afks is snail slow. When I am active in wvwvw I get around 400-500+ track progresion. If I spend to much time crafting or cleaning my inventory I may get 75 towards progression. That is a huge difference. A player that does that is wasting there own time. I dought it’s going to impact the game economy negatively considering the type of items in the reward tracks. I personally have not seen anymore afkers in wvwvw now then I have in the past.

AFKing has always been a problem in WvW, and now they have an actual incentive to do so. It isn’t the game economy that is the issue, but Map queues. Servers not only intentionally use sending alt AFK accounts over to enemy servers to queue their maps as a tactic but have outright told us they were going to do so repeatedly. This often happens when hitting targets such as Garrison on your Home BL or Your Keep n EBG to prevent your server from mounting a response.

When players are rewarded for doing nothing at all while they are at work or sleeping, and ALSO will not have to fight getting back in queue to get on the map, there is far too much incentive to do so now. The game economy is not the issue, but as long as there are map limits, queues and a score, it is like being able to keep riding the amusement park ride for free never having to get off while the lines just pile up outside.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

briggah.7910

AFKing has always been a problem in WvW, and now they have an actual incentive to do so. It isn’t the game economy that is the issue, but Map queues. Servers not only intentionally use sending alt AFK accounts over to enemy servers to queue their maps as a tactic but have outright told us they were going to do so repeatedly. This often happens when hitting targets such as Garrison on your Home BL or Your Keep n EBG to prevent your server from mounting a response.

When players are rewarded for doing nothing at all while they are at work or sleeping, and ALSO will not have to fight getting back in queue to get on the map, there is far too much incentive to do so now. The game economy is not the issue, but as long as there are map limits, queues and a score, it is like being able to keep riding the amusement park ride for free never having to get off while the lines just pile up outside.

Except they can’t afk at work or sleep and get rewards.. It decays over time. I tested it after you brought this up the first time.. It starts a countdown and your reward participation decays. In 9 mins I went from 275 participation to 0 and I was just running around inside my keep. To keep your timer you actually have to go out and do things.

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Except they can’t afk at work or sleep and get rewards.. It decays over time. I tested it after you brought this up the first time.. It starts a countdown and your reward participation decays. In 9 mins I went from 275 participation to 0 and I was just running around inside my keep. To keep your timer you actually have to go out and do things.

Except they ARE because it decays then goes back up to 100% over and over and over again while you are AFK, I never once stated it didn’t go down, it does, then it goes back UP. No, I was not a scout, I was just standing there in EBG Blue Keep hitting a skill key (Necro mark) every now and then. Macro can do the exact same thing to keep you from logging out. I was getting rewards doing nothing due to participation going BACK up every now and then without me actually doing anything and I have no idea why. I ALSO Repeated same thing AFK in Gari Lords by portal to WG. I didn’t stand there only 9 min, I stood there over an hour both times.

Not sure if related, but players do run by occasionally and use ally buffs that might possible affect this, but not sure if it was related or not as well as the Keep being repeatedly tapped.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

I love the reward track and I dont understand how people could vote NO to keep them perm? doesn’t you want rewards? wtf – YES keep the reward track in the future for gods sake.

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I love the reward track and I dont understand how people could vote NO to keep them perm? doesn’t you want rewards? wtf – YES keep the reward track in the future for gods sake.

I don’t think anyone is voting they do not want rewards, WE NEED REWARDS, they are voting that they need to do work on them, since apparently Anet decided working on something was the same as not wanting it.. Working on something to improve what needs to be improved should not equate to not wanting it, nor should it ever be lumped as such in a poll (as was done here).

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.5478

Phoenix.5478

Thank you as well for all those WvW changes. They surely made wvw much more interesting and active and nobody can deny that

Having said that though I believe the polls are lacking options, they are oversimplified, both of them. Not to mention that there is no need to ask a question that you already know the answer to.
A simple "YES or “NO” doesn’t offer reliable information about what the community would prefer.

Because the poll wasn’t entirely about the permanence of reward tracks (“NO” = “The changes still need work or should be removed entirely”).

(edited by Phoenix.5478)

in WvW

briggah.7910

Except they ARE because it decays then goes back up to 100% over and over and over again while you are AFK, I never once stated it didn’t go down, it does, then it goes back UP. No, I was not a scout, I was just standing there in EBG Blue Keep hitting a skill key (Necro mark) every now and then. Macro can do the exact same thing to keep you from logging out. I was getting rewards doing nothing due to participation going BACK up every now and then without me actually doing anything and I have no idea why. I ALSO Repeated same thing AFK in Gari Lords by portal to WG. I didn’t stand there only 9 min, I stood there over an hour both times.

Not sure if related, but players do run by occasionally and use ally buffs that might possible affect this, but not sure if it was related or not as well as the Keep being repeatedly tapped.

first off you claimed you were afk at repair guy while making dinner. so i tested that by running around the keep and not doing anything.. now you are claiming people can macro skills and just cast them well tested that as well by buffing people that were running by and casting speed buffs on the ground.. still at 0. I even went to max participation before i went back to 0 by doing this.. an hour later i’m still at 0 and i was actually in a objective that someone tapped and the defense event timer ran out.. nope 0 participation still. stop making issues out of non issues. let me guess you read that threads about people afk’ing in hot maps where they would just stand in circles where event pops and they got credit. its not like that in wvw.. to get participation you actually have to wvw.

if what you say is true i suggest you make a video of it and send it to anet to show exactly how you are getting 100% by doing nothing

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

first off you claimed you were afk at repair guy while making dinner. so i tested that by running around the keep and not doing anything.. now you are claiming people can macro skills and just cast them well tested that as well by buffing people that were running by and casting speed buffs on the ground.. still at 0. I even went to max participation before i went back to 0 by doing this.. an hour later i’m still at 0 and i was actually in a objective that someone tapped and the defense event timer ran out.. nope 0 participation still. stop making issues out of non issues. let me guess you read that threads about people afk’ing in hot maps where they would just stand in circles where event pops and they got credit. its not like that in wvw.. to get participation you actually have to wvw.

if what you say is true i suggest you make a video of it and send it to anet to show exactly how you are getting 100% by doing nothing

I am sure Anet is plenty aware of this already, as I am not the only one who has seen this BTW. I am just mentioning it here on the appropriate thread. I am not sure what you are doing/ not doing to not have participation that myself and others are, but I can assure you my bar went up to 100% while sitting in keeps spamming a skill not to log out. I mentioned the exact situation ( Locations near repair guy , near WG portal, which keeps including color, what skill used and circumstances) that was taking place when I witnessed this on my character, not reading about this BTW.

After I mentioned it verbally btw others in Teamspeak told me the same was happening to them, so this is far from being a one time event, and I am sure they are plenty aware of this taking place.

I do not talk to PvE players or read about PvE players. I do not PvE.. at all, ever. I have never even started my personal story, I do not go to HoT maps, if PvE MUST be done, I will bribe someone else to do it for me. People know better than to talk to me about PvE. I find the mere mention of PvE to be repulsively obscene. Please keep your filthy mouth/ fingers in check as I now need to shower to get that stench of Non player character even being mentioned off of me. LOL

I am just telling you what I actually experienced. It is up to them to correct it, and please stop telling me what I should do/ not do. This IS an issue and you can rightly stick that .. yea there.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

WvW Team…appreciate your work on this.

It really has made WvW more Rewarding & Meaningful from a Solo PUG Commander’s viewpoint.

I’ll be voting on this soon, but hope you’ll consider the following if the WvW Community adopts this New Rewards Track:

1) Make WvW Rewards & Participation only earnable on WvW Borderland & Eternal Battleground Map(s). Remove WvW Rewards & Participation from EoTM. Make PvE Rewards & Participation earnable on EoTM map.

2) Allow players to switch their Active Track to any Unlocked Track, but maintain the same level earned for the week. Reward Tracks share a common pool of Earned points, but only Reward for the “Active Track” to pay out when it flips. WvW based & PvE based Reward Track have separate pools of Earned Points.

3) Allow Track Reward Items to stack in inventory.

4) Implement a “Circle Capture Flag” mechanic that scales Rewards & Participation paid out. Players are flagged & don’t necessarily need to be in the circle, however, Small group party members should earn a lot more than players in a huge Zerg when capturing the same objective. Large Zergs are able to capture things faster so the rewards should balance out.

5) Implement a “Dishonor Flag” mechanic to prevent players from “Trolling” their Home Team. Let players police themselves a little. Helps players to keep Trolls and Players that use AFK Bots from ruining the game mode. “Dishonor Flag” mechanic needs to be carefully designed to prevent abuse.

6) AFK or Bots is a concern, but might be an easy fix.

…14 or 29 consecutive minutes in Spawn Zone – Drop player Participation to 0%

…05 minutes AFK – Drop player Participation to 50%
…10 minutes AFK – Drop player Participation to 25%
…14 minutes AFK – Drop player Participation to 0%

Do Not give player warning to discourage Bots from responding.

Above numbers adjustable…and need to be carefully tested, reviewed, and adjusted for maximum benefit & effect.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

briggah.7910

I am sure Anet is plenty aware of this already, as I am not the only one who has seen this BTW. I am just mentioning it here on the appropriate thread. I am not sure what you are doing/ not doing to not have participation that myself and others are, but I can assure you my bar went up to 100% while sitting in keeps spamming a skill not to log out. I mentioned the exact situation ( Locations near repair guy , near WG portal, which keeps including color, what skill used and circumstances) that was taking place when I witnessed this on my character, not reading about this BTW.

After I mentioned it verbally btw others in Teamspeak told me the same was happening to them, so this is far from being a one time event, and I am sure they are plenty aware of this taking place.

I do not talk to PvE players or read about PvE players. I do not PvE.. at all, ever. I have never even started my personal story, I do not go to HoT maps, if PvE MUST be done, I will bribe someone else to do it for me. People know better than to talk to me about PvE. I find the mere mention of PvE to be repulsively obscene. Please keep your filthy mouth/ fingers in check as I now need to shower to get that stench of Non player character even being mentioned off of me. LOL

I am just telling you what I actually experienced. It is up to them to correct it, and please stop telling me what I should do/ not do. This IS an issue and you can rightly stick that .. yea there.

you’ve been telling me different things every time and each time i test it i can’t duplicate it.. sorry for actually trying to test things for myself to see if they were true. i wasted 3 hours trying to afk rewards and couldn’t. so its a non issue

like i said record yourself and send the how to do it to anet.. that’s the best way to get it fixed if it needs fixing. if i could duplicate it myself that is what i would do.. i don’t really feel like testing it anymore on necro, near the repair guy or wg of keep.

didn’t appreciate you telling me to stick something somewhere either.

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Ralesk.3215

Ralesk.3215

I like the WvW reward track so far, but I think some fine-tuning might be good — I side with those who want to make it reward idle players less, though care should be taken that it doesn’t penalise people who have to run across the entire Borderlands to get back to the action hotspot.

Rebixx (asura necro) in Vabbi WvW and HoT
aka. Bzakki, Rrnch, Pointer To Wcharr T, Ronn Felsythe, Ráithen, Vurikk.
An Irreversible officer (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Valter.3108

Valter.3108

Many player waits for tick for reward and the afk ones causes queue, you can make it like for active players (ex. running players or what ever is game’s wvw active status). But can’t you make it like levelling, make it small amaount (ex. 75 point) and when player reaches max add that value to track’s total amount and reset that temporary indicator (and yes every tick make that for maintain player’s point).

in WvW

Posted by: omica.6548

omica.6548

Can we have a Gold only reward track? I do not collect skins, and the tomes of knowledge are just taking up space, all of the rewards are just salvaged or sold to vendors. Wastes a lot of time empting bags. You could just add a option to convert the rewards to gold and deposit into the wallet. Just my opinion.

GOTL – DragonBrand
Ranger, Thief and Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Reward tracks were asked for a long time and it is good they are making an appearance. WvWers should be able to acquire things in the game mode they are playing. Voted for it to go live.

That said would like to be able to see a list of activities that add to it. Its harder to do that while active in WvW and it seems like there might be some activities that are missing from contribution. A list would be useful with a simple description so that players could help provide further feedback.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

TheGrimm.5624

I will counter some of the above. Unless the EoTM map is brought into line in scoring or rotation with regular WvW it should be part of reward track option. People are fighting, defending, taking objectives in that map as well as in the regular maps. Its the game that prevents these from mixing today. Since the change to XP there are no uplevels, EoTM is full of 80s vs 80s currently. Players complain that its not WvW because it does not aid a server, but it could if coded that way. There are options to roll EoTM scoring into WvW, more so now with the discussion of scoring changes.

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

I will counter some of the above. Unless the EoTM map is brought into line in scoring or rotation with regular WvW it should be part of reward track option. People are fighting, defending, taking objectives in that map as well as in the regular maps. Its the game that prevents these from mixing today. Since the change to XP there are no uplevels, EoTM is full of 80s vs 80s currently. Players complain that its not WvW because it does not aid a server, but it could if coded that way. There are options to roll EoTM scoring into WvW, more so now with the discussion of scoring changes.

I disagree about giving WvW Rewards to EoTM participants.

EoTM currently encourages Server Stacking.

Would you agree that players like to Win?

If so…would you agree that these Type of Players will want to Join the World that Wins often?

EoTM Match

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Edge_of_the_Mists#Match_Up

All European worlds will be matched up with one another in the Edge of the Mists. All North American worlds will be matched up with one another as well. Worlds will be matched according to which color they are in the current WvW matchup. For example, all green worlds will be on the same team in the Edge of the Mists.

Would you agree with me to say that Server Stacking of population is bad…as it promotes issues that frustrate ANet & Players in trying to nurture & grow a healthy WvW Ecosystem?

Players that like to Win will want to Server Stack on Worlds that are Green…imho

ANet should remove the WvW Specific Rewards from EoTM participant.s

ANet should give more PvE Specific Rewards to EoTM participants instead.

If EoTM is re-done to contribute to the overall WvW Rank of respective Worlds using the Current Base Map Mechanic…then the overall long term effect will systemically encourage Server Stacking…imho.

Rewarding Player Behavior to Server Stack their Population…isn’t a good thing for the long term health of WvW…imho.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

There’s no more regular exp in wvw, so new characters will still need the tomes to help level in there.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

TheGrimm.5624

I disagree about giving WvW Rewards to EoTM participants.

EoTM currently encourages Server Stacking.

There are points to your post that I agree with and disagree with, but will leave it out of this thread for now since this one is about reward tracks. But do want to address your points, and since EoTM threads are somewhat common, will catch up with you there.

in WvW

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

The poll has ended! The finals votes were:
Yes 68.03%
No 13.06%
Don’t count my vote 18.91%

We calculated the votes by removing all the votes that voted for “Don’t count my vote” which made the final percentages:
Yes 83.90%
No 16.10%

Since ‘yes’ won by more than 75%, we will be finalizing all polish and feedback items and preparing reward tracks so they can be removed from beta! Thank you to everyone who voted and left feedback!

in WvW

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

Cool. I like the back-and-forth of releases and feedback we have going on right now.
Looking forward to the next round of it (presumably the Scoring System)

in WvW

Posted by: sirjarros.4107

sirjarros.4107

suggestion to Anet going forward:

make sure these polls — and other important WvW info sharing, like the scoring overhaul ideas — get posted to the GW2.com blog AND facebook, so that those who do NOT read the forums can read up on the ideas and participate in the feedback process. 75% of my guildies had no clue this reward track poll was even going on, much less knew about the recent post from Tyler about scoring.

i am sure the vast majority of the player base doesn’t read the forums. but i bet a higher number of people read their load screen, where the blog posts show. so getting this info front and center for their consumption is vital to this process going forward.

in WvW

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

And launcher too. The other poll did, but i spoke to a few people who hadnt heard of this poll

in WvW

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

In the future poll notifications will be sent to WvW players through in-game mail. The mail will still direct players to the same website we have been using for polls but this should help the visibility of the polls.

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

In the future poll notifications will be sent to WvW players through in-game mail. The mail will still direct players to the same website we have been using for polls but this should help the visibility of the polls.

And maybe have more clarification about what is meant by each option?

I voted No because the option stated that the system still needed work or should be scrapped (because I think the system still needs work) but then I read on reddit that some of the changes I wanted to see would happen if I voted Yes and a No vote actually just meant scrap the whole idea.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer