WvW Poll 12 July: Repair Hammers (Closed)

in WvW

Posted by: mist.9807

mist.9807

Scenario 1:
Large zerg attacking tower / keep with their golems / rams / catas. Defenders get on their Acs / other siege to try and do as much damage as possible. Large zerg has too much AoE on the walls, making it extremely difficult to get a disable off. The Ac’s are taking damage, so someone comes up to repair it, and then goes back to damaging the enemy siege. Meanwhile, the large zerg can output way more supply, and faster (because objectives have limited supply while it’s easy for pugs in a zerg to run it from a nearby camp). They’re repairing their golems / rams / catas just enough to get the wall / gate down. They then proceed to steamroll the defenders and whatever siege they just wasted repairing it.

Scenario 2:
Siege can only be repaired if it hasn’t been attacked recently. People who are ignorant or trolls will likely repair poorly placed or siege that isn’t useful. Based on experience this probably won’t even be the norm. When people attack they clear siege completely for their next attack. It could however be useful if you’re defending against small groups, as they’re less likely to fully destroy everything. Except that’s not really the most common case.

I’m not sure if I can say that this would be particularly unhealthy for WvW, but I can say that as someone who defends quite a lot, I don’t like this. In the best case, I would find it barely useful. At worst case, I would probably just stop defending all together as it’d be pointless to try.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Maybe instead of working on more siege stuff they should switch to QoL changes if possible.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: SailorSpira.9371

SailorSpira.9371

I feel introducing this would only make bigger zergs / blobs more dominant, whilst hurting smaller groups, out manned servers and scouts.

Good siege placement as a defender in addition to good scouting can allow you to defend an objective against a much larger force, by using your well placed siege to destroy theirs. If these larger forces can then repair the siege you are trying to destroy then what is the point to even trying to destroy it? Defenders stop defending, things will go down hill from there.

Whilst I appreciate that attention is being given to the WvW game mode and you are looking for ways to improve it, this idea shows how out of touch with the player base your team is. In WvW I only ever see Anet guild tags in big zergs / blobs, I think those people really need to try defending against them for a change. If you wish to make WvW more balanced then you need to look at ways to even the playing field not give extra benefits to who ever can run the biggest blob.

FA [CC]

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

You won’t see ANet tags much because they don’t represent them in WvW. (It’s a gank magnet.)

in WvW

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

A message from the WvW Team,
The next WvW Poll is up!
http://www.guildwars2.com/feedback
Please share your thoughts and feedback on the poll in this thread!

Why do we need another consumable? You do realize that just carrying all the crap I use for WvW takes up a 20 slot bag, right?

You don’t, of course.

in WvW

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

Scenario 1:
… The Ac’s are taking damage, so someone comes up to repair it …

…and dies to the same AoE that killed the AC operator and is killing the AC.

Let’s be realistic. On top of the wall trying to defend is no place for a defender, these days.

in WvW

Posted by: Devils Toy.9205

Devils Toy.9205

The question asked: Today we are here to ask if you believe Repair Hammers should be introduced as a live beta item?

This is not a “yes, add it” to the game permanently. This is “yes, let’s try this out for a bit first before we vote on whether we want it or not”.

We’re being given the option to try this out first:
Yes, Repair Hammers should be introduced on a trial basis.
After players have had a chance to test repair hammers we will hold a follow-up poll to determine if repair hammers should become a permanent feature of the game.

Speculation on whether this is good or not is just that: speculation. This poll right here is actually giving us the opportunity to try it out before we vote on it definitively.

And yet most people can see the glaring problems with it at face value. Should there be an option to repair siege? Yes. Should it be anything like what was suggested in the poll? No.

Absolutely not. There should not be an option to repair siege. As many have already stated this will only create more siege humping and more stalemates and less fighting which is obviously why a lot of us play WvW. Not to stand outside a tower or keep for 3 hours playing siege wars.

[KILL] Leader
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

This would break trebuchets. I vote no.

Also, presumably it wouldn’t work on golems?

I vote this suggestion as ok, only if it is limited to Oils and Cannons and other tower/keep siege. Then it’s probably actually a good and strategic addition.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

I would have no problem with the repair of permanent structure siege such as cannons/oil/mortar but think that the ability to repair player placed siege would be an extremely bad idea. The game favors numbers as it is and giving the bigger group the ability to repair their siege just encourages more zerging.

Cannons/oil/mortar are basically defensive only weapons and the ability to repair them would not, in my opinion, cause any problems.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Eh what? If this passes I assure you its going into WvW as Anet has already designed it. There are no what ifs and there is no beta test with a vote to keep it. This is the vote. Yes or no, choose.

That is for the next vote to decide.
Not this one as it clearly says:
“After players have had a chance to test repair hammers we will hold a follow-up poll* to determine if repair hammers should become a permanent feature of the game.”

*75% have to vote no to hammers or they will stay forever.

What, you know this will happen.

This poll is the deciding factor.

in WvW

Posted by: Drakh.3128

Drakh.3128

This is a terrible idea, how about a poll to remove all siege except rams and catapults instead?

- Drakh (BT)
- Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

YAY! Isn’t siege humpiiin 4-EVA what everyone wants?!! With all the players they lost over the increase in arrow cart damage and players not caring about winning anymore or the objectives over the siege BS and THIS of all things is what they want to poll people on.. Seriously. LOL

Honestly at this point it isn’t even funny anymore. They should just EotM it up and kill WvW all together than force us to watch it go through a slow painful demise..

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Please no…….

Imagine this, omega zerg with nomads guardians running around behind them repairing them………….

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I’m willing to entertain it on a trial basis, but I think it’s a bad idea. Siege can be a game-changer, as is destroying siege, and making installations easier to bring back makes attacking fortified siege a perpetual slog.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

oh sighhhh…. just make everyone almost completely invulnerable so we can have fights that last forever. Make the siege repair itself or better yet not breakable. Then we can all just stand there and spam #1 until our fingers blister. ughh

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Please don’t vote yes on this if you have stipulations or some other ideas on how it should be implemented. Implementation is out of your control.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Please don’t vote yes on this if you have stipulations or some other ideas on how it should be implemented. Implementation is out of your control.

So you would rather not try it at all to even see the results or consequence? We always can vote it out on the final poll if they won’t change implementation.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

just say no to more seige…

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Chaba.5410

So you would rather not try it at all to even see the results or consequence? We always can vote it out on the final poll if they won’t change implementation.

Sure you can vote it out if it doesn’t meet your stipulations, assuming everyone else agrees with your stipulations and doesn’t vote to keep something you didn’t like instead.

Besides, if devs have such extra time to spend on something like this while doing the bigger scoring changes, I’d rather see developer time used on QoL improvements not new features. Like please fix it so commander tags don’t disappear behind ally health bars.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Posted by: HiTandMayhem.1378

HiTandMayhem.1378

Hey! I know! Why just stop at spamming siege and repairing it while hiding behind a structure!

We can build on this whole idea of winning the game without needing to fight at all!

Let’s introduce farms and medical centers! Some players would have to level Ag specialty and tend to the fields in order for other players to have access to food!

Other players would need to level up medicine as a craft while injured players would have to spend a set amount of time on injury leave! Be careful! Too many low level medic crafters and you’ve got gangrene or MRSA!

Maybe we could create an operations center where people could role play logistics, delivery and supply management! Better have Grand Master Administrators or your supply and map rewards just vanish into thin air!

Wait wait! I know! Hedge fund management! We could just outspend our enemies and impoverish them with unreasonable treaties!

These ideas keep rolling out guys!

-Or-

We could just try to keep this remotely a fight game instead of turning it into a tedious Siege/Supply/SabotageWarz.2

[UNIV] – Guild Leader, [DSM]- founding member
[TLC] – MicroCenturion
Fort Aspenwood Community Member

in WvW

Posted by: Alakatos.9405

Alakatos.9405

This hammer need limitations, for example. Only can be used on the sieges from updates. Only out of combat. In combat repair a siege is just a este of supply in some case… if an AC is damage you alway can drop more… and repair an Omega is just OP.

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Maybe instead of working on more siege stuff they should switch to QoL changes if possible.

Xenesis, you said a Mouthful!

I agree – Anet WvW development hours spent on “siege” related tasks, especially in regards to increasing its use, is time NOT well spent imo.

At this point, QoL changes for WvW would be awesome! Even simple things like adding more commander tag colors and increasing the tag’s visibility in zerg fights, or adding the ability to give squad credit to scouts that are on different maps to promote holistic scouting, or fixing bugs like the occasional “rooting” problem when you don’t have immobilized on you, or the problem where skills don’t go off during large scale 3-way combat, which has been getting worse at times lately… etc.

Anet,

Putting additions into WvW like the Repair Hammer in for a trial period is a good approach and I applaud that! But I think development time could be better spent on other things in WvW that would help the game-mode more as a whole. So I voted “NO” on this poll for the above reasons.

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Posted by: Jitson.6051

Jitson.6051

Well honestly, as long as it is a consumable and it is only in the testing phase, I don’t think it will make siege wars any longer or worse than they already are. That’s because, think of it this way: How many people actually carry around Siege Disablers or similar consumables? I personally do not, either I roam/scout or I’m with a zerg, in the latter case I rely on comm/lieutenants for siege/consumables.

in WvW

Posted by: Fox HunterXxX.8754

Fox HunterXxX.8754

It’s not really a good idea, especially considering what everyone have already say about it.

But i think it’s possible to made something similar without create a balance issue using the Tactics space where now we have the banners this way: using the scribe you can create a new tactic called Golemancer control stick (with a cd of 30 min and an availability of 10 min) that work exacly as a banner, but with the only function to slowly repair the sieges in the area that you select with the first skill using 2 mini golems summoned from two different skills (with a long cd) that you can move like a ventari tablet. Clearly the two mini golems are going to be affected from direct and condi dmgs as from healings and boons, and in addition they are going to have a pulsing stability for avoid to be constantly interrupted from every cc.
I’d like to hear even the opinions of others about this idea

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Hey! I know! Why just stop at spamming siege and repairing it while hiding behind a structure!

We can build on this whole idea of winning the game without needing to fight at all!

Let’s introduce farms and medical centers! Some players would have to level Ag specialty and tend to the fields in order for other players to have access to food!

Other players would need to level up medicine as a craft while injured players would have to spend a set amount of time on injury leave! Be careful! Too many low level medic crafters and you’ve got gangrene or MRSA!

Maybe we could create an operations center where people could role play logistics, delivery and supply management! Better have Grand Master Administrators or your supply and map rewards just vanish into thin air!

Wait wait! I know! Hedge fund management! We could just outspend our enemies and impoverish them with unreasonable treaties!

-Or-

We could just try to keep this remotely a fight game instead of turning it into a tedious Siege/Supply/SabotageWarz.2

Who do I talk to for getting started on leveling Medicine? I’m looking to craft the new Prescription of Applied Vitality and Fortitude to min/max the dmg reduction in my build. I need level 400 to do so.

(Sorry, this is going a bit off topic for some light humor.) Anyway I think I’m going to abstain from this vote personally. I guess I don’t care either way.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

It’s not really a good idea, especially considering what everyone have already say about it.

But i think it’s possible to made something similar without create a balance issue using the Tactics space where now we have the banners this way: using the scribe you can create a new tactic called Golemancer control stick (with a cd of 30 min and an availability of 10 min) that work exacly as a banner, but with the only function to slowly repair the sieges in the area that you select with the first skill using 2 mini golems summoned from two different skills (with a long cd) that you can move like a ventari tablet. Clearly the two mini golems are going to be affected from direct and condi dmgs as from healings and boons, and in addition they are going to have a pulsing stability for avoid to be constantly interrupted from every cc.
I’d like to hear even the opinions of others about this idea

wut? Ok, the “Repair Hammer” is something they could add easily. What you just asked for is probably asking for too much. Also, not thrilled with more tactics since enemy infiltrators pulling the Tactivators is way too prevalent.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

Siege doesn’t need any type of help. People already have enough siege blue prints to just throw down another and build it. You couldn’t even have a couple people go and try take out someone sieging your stuff because if its not burst down they’ll just repair it. Then for all the siege hugging servers will have people running around keeps repairing everything because well they can. Its already annoying watching walls be repaired while sieging those. Now we will have zergs hold up ACs by standing by with repair hammers yippy.

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Anet this is a bad idea, because it makes siege indestructible.

Shield Gens+Repair Hammers is aweful. Whoever suggested this to you, you should never listen to this person again, and don’t introduce this.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Posted by: Mordayn.6198

Mordayn.6198

This could work if they implement it right. Defensive siege should always have the balance giving it a slight edge on attacking siege to avoid zergs wiping out siege with pure numbers/supply with hammers and the defenders being able to fight back. An easy mechanic for that would be to put a cool down on any siege after it has been repaired. After a user taps some supply in, the Siege goes on an X amount of time CD where it can’t be used and a piece of siege can’t be repaired while it’s maned. This would stop repair on active siege but allow siege repair between engagements.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

This could work if they implement it right. Defensive siege should always have the balance giving it a slight edge on attacking siege to avoid zergs wiping out siege with pure numbers/supply with hammers and the defenders being able to fight back. An easy mechanic for that would be to put a cool down on any siege after it has been repaired. After a user taps some supply in, the Siege goes on an X amount of time CD where it can’t be used and a piece of siege can’t be repaired while it’s maned. This would stop repair on active siege but allow siege repair between engagements.

This sounds like a really good idea to me. Would eliminate the repair hammer from becoming op’ed.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

-Or-

How about automatic siege! Set it up then walk away and see which siege wins.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I vote yes, but there needs to be a stipulation like they cant no be used on siege that has inflicted or received damage in the last x minutes.

You have clearly defined reservations yet you vote yes anyway… Thats exactly how the border vote nearly ended in disaster for the community.

But I digress. Without knowing the actual implementation, this only empowers zergs siege humping. Sometimes bring down siege just in the nick of time is critical. I dont want to see 50 people standing there constantly repairing it despite it being hit with 20 ballista bolts. We dont even know if its gonna be 1:1 drain which would be bad. I would also consider say a 3:1 drain being acceptable (ie if a ram cost 50 to build, it cost 150 to repair 0-100) but kitten if I’m going to vote yes on wishfull thinking.

kitten man. Wait until they enter the game before crying about it. You literally have zero idea how we will be able to use them. For all we know we won’t be able to use them on any siege that is deemed in combat, which makes literally all of your “arguments” in this thread pointless. Or we might only be allowed to use them on defensive, immovable siege. Or we may only be able to repair a siege once. You honestly have absolutely zero idea how they will be implemented. And even then its just a beta test. If people don’t like it then they will be taken out. Jesus christ chill the kitten out man. You are acting like this will destroy the whole game because ANet is giving us the option to vote on whether something comes into the game. Its fine if you don’t want them. Other people clearly do, so be a kittening reasonable person and let us see how ANet implements them before QQing all over the kitten place

in WvW

OriOri.8724

Eh what? If this passes I assure you its going into WvW as Anet has already designed it. There are no what ifs and there is no beta test with a vote to keep it. This is the vote. Yes or no, choose.

That is for the next vote to decide.
Not this one as it clearly says:
“After players have had a chance to test repair hammers we will hold a follow-up poll* to determine if repair hammers should become a permanent feature of the game.”

*75% have to vote no to hammers or they will stay forever.

What, you know this will happen.

This poll is the deciding factor.

This poll is NOT the deciding factor. This poll is to bring them into beta test. Once they are tested a bit we will get another poll whether to keep them in the game forever or not. And honestly until we know exactly how they will work, no one can say for sure that they will make WvW worse. No one. Just grow the hell up and chill the kitten out. Believe it or not you will be fine regardless of what option wins the poll.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

I don’t really see a problem with this item. I think it should have been there since a very long time.
Also it’s fairly easy to balance with the amount of supplies it uses. If it uses the exact same amount it would basically be the same as building new siege….but different.
You could also make it use a little more sups so that you should think about wether or not you really need to repair your siege and because you are effectively saving a blueprint.

I think it’s especially useful for golems since they become pretty much useless if they lose like 75% health when taking a keep so they often just stand around in spawn. On the other hand I think this shouldn’t be used on rams since it means that you can just stand in front of the door and keep repairing your rams under ac fire. But the other siege weapons should be fine. Or maybe you could do it outfight only?
And it also should be a limited amount of repairs (you know at some point it’s just broken).

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Imagine a troll built siege capped map.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Also it’s fairly easy to balance with the amount of supplies it uses.

About as easy as putting a banker NPC on borderlands I wager. We’ll have it balanced in 3 years or something, dont you worry.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I would rather they spent resources on something actually worthwhile rather than something that will definitely make the mode worse.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: SugarCayne.3098

SugarCayne.3098

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

Hey everyone,

I wanted to answer and clarify some of the questions and concerns I’ve seen in the thread so far.

1. What is meant by “standard majority” and “super majority”? When we say something is decided by a “standard majority”, we are saying that the winning choice is decided by a majority vote. When we say something is decided by a “super majority”, we are saying that the winning choice must have at least 75% of the votes.

2. Why is this vote using “standard majority”? This is because you are voting to add the hammers into the game as a trial to test and play with them. Then after folks have had time to play with and experience the hammers, and decide if they like or dislike them – we will hold a second poll for the hammers requesting a “super majority” vote to keep the hammers as a permanent aspect of WvW.

3. How will repair hammers work? The current design is that you will be able to purchase the repair hammer from the tricks and traps vendor. When you consume the hammer it will replace your weapon skills with 1 skill that allows you to repair any siege. If you drop the hammer or die you will need to consume another repair hammer to use the repair hammer skill.

4. Why aren’t repair hammers part of the repair master ability line? If this item is voted to be a permanent feature of the game it will be added to the repair master ability line as a final pip. However, for the trial (the current poll) it will not be part of the ability line because it becomes harder for us to disable the item if it is attached to an ability line, and we need to be able to disable anything easily that is in beta. Also, repair hammers will work with the current repair master ability line; so for example if you are maxed out on the ability line you can spend 10 supply at once repairing siege with the repair hammer.

5. How much development time is spent on repair hammers? I’ll start with some backstory on repair hammers; they have been nearly complete for a couple years now but we had decided to never add them in game due to not having a way to properly test their impact on live. Now that we can beta this change on live and can disable them if players are unhappy, we have decided to see if players would want to test them on a trial basis. For those concerned about how this impacts the development of content already voted upon, it is also important to understand that different people work on different aspects of the game. Currently it is mostly programmer work that is left for scoring and QoL, but repair hammer work is design work.

6. Will repair hammers work on golems? Repair Hammers do work on golems, but only when no one is inside of them.

in WvW

Posted by: Serith.3712

Serith.3712

Too much seige in WVW is already a problem, especially in upgraded objectives. The last thing WVW needs is anything that makes seige harder to destroy. IMO repair hammers would excessively favor objective defenders and make taking upgraded objectives even more annoying/boring then it is already. Objective defenders already have strong tools vs attacking siege – siege disablers and the poison cow rounds that cover a big AOE and steal supply from attackers. The only real option attackers have is focusing fire on and directly destroying defending siege, this option becomes way less viable if defenders can use repair hammers.

Focus in WVW needs to be put back on players fighting players, not attacking players vs defenders hiding in a keep and spamming “1” on siege engines.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

can we get a bob the builder achievement if it makes it to live?

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Hey everyone,

I wanted to answer and clarify some of the questions and concerns I’ve seen in the thread so far.

1. What is meant by “standard majority” and “super majority”? When we say something is decided by a “standard majority”, we are saying that the winning choice is decided by a majority vote. When we say something is decided by a “super majority”, we are saying that the winning choice must have at least 75% of the votes.

2. Why is this vote using “standard majority”? This is because you are voting to add the hammers into the game as a trial to test and play with them. Then after folks have had time to play with and experience the hammers, and decide if they like or dislike them – we will hold a second poll for the hammers requesting a “super majority” vote to keep the hammers as a permanent aspect of WvW.

3. How will repair hammers work? The current design is that you will be able to purchase the repair hammer from the tricks and traps vendor. When you consume the hammer it will replace your weapon skills with 1 skill that allows you to repair any siege. If you drop the hammer or die you will need to consume another repair hammer to use the repair hammer skill.

4. Why aren’t repair hammers part of the repair master ability line? If this item is voted to be a permanent feature of the game it will be added to the repair master ability line as a final pip. However, for the trial (the current poll) it will not be part of the ability line because it becomes harder for us to disable the item if it is attached to an ability line, and we need to be able to disable anything easily that is in beta. Also, repair hammers will work with the current repair master ability line; so for example if you are maxed out on the ability line you can spend 10 supply at once repairing siege with the repair hammer.

5. How much development time is spent on repair hammers? I’ll start with some backstory on repair hammers; they have been nearly complete for a couple years now but we had decided to never add them in game due to not having a way to properly test their impact on live. Now that we can beta this change on live and can disable them if players are unhappy, we have decided to see if players would want to test them on a trial basis. For those concerned about how this impacts the development of content already voted upon, it is also important to understand that different people work on different aspects of the game. Currently it is mostly programmer work that is left for scoring and QoL, but repair hammer work is design work.

6. Will repair hammers work on golems? Repair Hammers do work on golems, but only when no one is inside of them.

Thank you for answering those questions.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

OriOri.8724

Hey everyone,

So from this I’m assuming that the repair hammer can be used on all siege, offensive and defensive? And since you only mentioned siege golems, does that mean that other siege can be repaired while someone is using it? Otherwise I don’t see why you would single out siege golems like you did. To some people these are the biggest factors with whether repair hammers will be a good addition or not.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Does this also apply to other siege? ie. they can’t be manned whilst being repaired?

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Deikun.6409

Deikun.6409

Okay three things! One: Really like this post. Excellent piece of communication showing the players some information and lines of thought behind this decision. That’s kittening perfect please keep doing that.

Two: If this system goes well -regardless of if we get hammers or not- what are the chances of other items or systems being thrown into the live game to see if it sticks? That’s what I really loved about season 2 of WvW, it just made things different for a bit! Given the things it made different didn’t stick (and that’s probably the reason we’ve never seen another season since…), but regardless I loved the idea behind that. Just throw some stuff into WvW every now and then to make some chaos, show us something new, and maybe even get a new item or mechanic out of it.

Three: The hammers. From the information provided ( which I assume isn’t 100% of it), I don’t really like the sound of repair hammers. It would be one thing if siege was made generally more expensive/hard to get/etc to make repairing and keeping them a decent idea, but to be honest it just sounds like it might bog down sieges more and just make them boring. I mean how many times are you willing to watch one AC get repaired before you just throw the towel in and do something else? Though I like the idea of Golems being unusable during repair, could this spread to other siege weapons as well? That right there would offer a decent trade-off. Want to keep that catapult? Great! Get off. Especially if you’re locked into repairing that item for a certain amount of time (I imagine repairing will function just like building?). Combine that with limited hammer capacity (maybe have them function a bit like traps?) and using them could be a decent strategic move to think through.

in WvW

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Can repair hammers be used on disabled siege? Is repairing un-disabling the siege faster?

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Will supply be required? If so will it repair the siege proportional to the supply used?

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

OriOri.8724

Will supply be required? If so will it repair the siege proportional to the supply used?

Supply will be required, its mentioned on the actual poll page itself

in WvW

Posted by: bzcharkl.6438

bzcharkl.6438

My opinion, repair hammers on static siege sounds fine (ie. cannons, mortars, oil). Repair hammers on other siege may be problematic, especially on golems (regardless of whether the “unmanned to repair” requirement is implemented or not), but I don’t see the harm in testing the idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Thanks for the information McKenna.

I don’t know if you guys are thinking of any restrictions for those repair hammers, some others have brought up some ideas for those in these threads.

I think maybe a player should only be able to use a hammer once to repair a siege item, once it’s been repaired it can no longer be repaired again by anyone else, whether or not they were carrying and used 1 or 25 supply.

Or perhaps only a certain maximum percentage can be repaired, such as up to 25% and that’s it until it’s destroyed.

Or they are only usable on structure siege, not player made siege.

I really don’t want to see an entire zerg feeding supplies to keep a bunch of omegas up in a battle.

I know the test will give better results on the avenues to take this, but some things to think about anyways.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill