WvW Poll 14 June: Desert Borderlands (Closed)

in WvW

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

Guess i’m late to the party, haven’t played wvw since shortly after the DBL were introduced so had no idea about the existence of this poll nor about the reintroduction of alpine borders.
And i suppose this also exposes a flaw in the poll they did.
Most people still following GW2 wvw were going to be people that are more favourable towards the DBLs, the people that absolutely hate those borders are long gone.

So while this poll may be fair to those still playing, keeping the DBLs around is not going to help WvW regain former players.
If the borders are going to be used for weekly rotations, then in my case i might play when it’s Alpine, and i’ll sit out the weeks when it’s DBL.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Guess i’m late to the party, haven’t played wvw since shortly after the DBL were introduced so had no idea about the existence of this poll nor about the reintroduction of alpine borders.
Most people still following GW2 wvw were going to be people that are more favourable towards the DBLs, the people that absolutely hate those borders are long gone.

So while this poll may be fair to those still playing, keeping the DBLs around is not going to help WvW regain former players.
If the borders are going to be used for weekly rotations, then in my case i might play when it’s Alpine, and i’ll sit out the weeks when it’s DBL.

It will probably end up being a mixed bls…something like 2 abls and 1 dbl at the same time. I don’t think anyone wants an all abl, then all dbl 2-3 month rotation. Think the next poll is supposed to be concerning this.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

So while this poll may be fair to those still playing, keeping the DBLs around is not going to help WvW regain former players. If the borders are going to be used for weekly rotations, then in my case i might play when it’s Alpine, and i’ll sit out the weeks when it’s DBL.

1. There isn’t going to be a weekly rotation.

2. If someone was still interested in gw2 or wvw after they left from the expansion, they would checked on the game through forums or news or friends every once in a while. People still following are not “just” players who favored the dbl, I sure didn’t, but I kept up with wvw news.

3. The DBL polls were for:
A. Having it a permanent 1dbl/2abl, so no quarterly rotation of replacing all 3 bls with 1 map would be needed, this did not pass.
B. Removing dbl from wvw all together, this did not pass.
C. The next poll will ask again about a 1dbl/2abl, if that loses again we will be stuck with 3 month rotations, and wvw players can feel free to dunk their heads into something not pleasant.

4. They polled people still playing the game or reading the forums, that’s not a flaw. If they haven’t been doing either they’re no longer interested in the game, simple as that.

5. Telling those players about the polls isn’t going to magically get them all to play again if the things they hate about wvw are still present, if they left after dbl and didn’t return for abl, it means more than just the map was a problem for them.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

If they had just emailed Past and present WvW players as they have done their other surveys that I received, you would have been notified. Many were not notified due to this. Many players are on holiday right now due to it being vacation season and will come back to find this happened without them. I am not sure who or why they decided to do this different than the surveys that have been doing since before this game was created, but in the end, player satisfaction levels and interest in the game mode are going to be the price that is paid.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY