WvW Poll 18 July: Cannon Blueprints (Closed)

in WvW

Posted by: Tau Zyrillion.9567

Tau Zyrillion.9567

Can you provide more insight/explanation as to why you think adding deployable cannons would be a good idea? Is this something people have asked for? Is it a case of something you wanted to do since launch but for various reasons never got around to?

I realise the poll is only about adding them on a trial basis but I’d rather not have resources wasted on a potentially significant strategic change to the gamemode without more elaboration as to why this wasn’t included with all the other siege back in 2012. Knowing your past reasoning could help us make a more informed choice, or provide specific suggestions on implementation.

I’d much rather see something new like deployable barricades than cannons, which already exist.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

These polls are verging on becoming a farce. There are many players on the salt forum boasting about voting yes purely to troll and destroy the mode.

I’m one of the people on the salty forums who “boasted” about voting yes and honestly, idc…. I actually voted No, but I guess I’ll change my vote now.

Why, just cause I brought it up?

Nah… I actually think we must give a reason for all this hate people are spitting here by seeing the cannons go live. People can cry about them when they are in game, then it will be acceptable cries. Until then, they are just guesses of how broken they can be and not actually conclusive complaints.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I’d much rather see something new like deployable barricades than cannons, which already exist.

Well, we had barricades in DBL and people hated them. People here hate everything in WvW tbh…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Well, we had barricades in DBL and people hated them. People here hate everything in WvW tbh…

Player vs Siege is not fun, there is no valid reason to add more siege. We have plenty of it to do what it’s intended to do. You can sit here and say people shouldn’t complain before its in game and the likes but their track record speaks volumes to anyone who doesn’t want to put their head in the sand. We didn’t need to see Golem week to know it was going to be a disaster, and that’s exactly what it was, a complete disastrous failure.

Imo there is no valid reason to add another piece of siege, even if we ignore that player vs siege is not fun and just think in terms of large scale sieging, there simply is no reason for it.

in WvW

Posted by: Tau Zyrillion.9567

Tau Zyrillion.9567

People hated them in DBL because they completely blocked easy passage around the maze-like map, you had to spend a good few minutes attacking them solo to destroy them, and I believe they also auto-regenerated.

The barricades I’m thinking of would be more like the vine wall decorations in the guild hall, but I’d be happy for Arenanet to simply consider them, being open to ideas and suggestions from the community on what would be the best implementation.

(edited by Tau Zyrillion.9567)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Player vs Siege is not fun, there is no valid reason to add more siege. We have plenty of it to do what it’s intended to do. You can sit here and say people shouldn’t complain before its in game and the likes but their track record speaks volumes to anyone who doesn’t want to put their head in the sand. We didn’t need to see Golem week to know it was going to be a disaster, and that’s exactly what it was, a complete disastrous failure.

Imo there is no valid reason to add another piece of siege, even if we ignore that player vs siege is not fun and just think in terms of large scale sieging, there simply is no reason for it.

Well I had quite a bit of fun driving my alpha golem around faster than a Kenyan, but that’s not the point here… You can sit here and say people hate player versus siege, but in a pool that arena net is asking if they want to add more siege you have over 50% of the votes going in favor of adding more siege. The opinions of the loudmouths on this forum does not represent the opinions of the majority.

Do I like to fight under siege fire? Honestly, no. But I hate to see large blobs going unpunished because defensive siege is nigh useless since everything breaks in seconds to the multiple meteor showers that cover entire walltops. Will deployable cannons solve this? Problably not, but it’s another piece of siege that I can try to use against orange popping zergs while I have the outnumbered buff in my bar on all 4 maps.

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

These polls are verging on becoming a farce. There are many players on the salt forum boasting about voting yes purely to troll and destroy the mode.

I’m one of the people on the salty forums who “boasted” about voting yes and honestly, idc…. I actually voted No, but I guess I’ll change my vote now.

Why, just cause I brought it up?

Nah… I actually think we must give a reason for all this hate people are spitting here by seeing the cannons go live. People can cry about them when they are in game, then it will be acceptable cries. Until then, they are just guesses of how broken they can be and not actually conclusive complaints.

Fair enough, I can understand that. I would question whether anybody is actually going to learn anything though given the use of powerful siege before and how badly its turned out.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Well I had quite a bit of fun driving my alpha golem around faster than a Kenyan, but that’s not the point here… You can sit here and say people hate player versus siege, but in a pool that arena net is asking if they want to add more siege you have over 50% of the votes going in favor of adding more siege. The opinions of the loudmouths on this forum does not represent the opinions of the majority.

Do I like to fight under siege fire? Honestly, no. But I hate to see large blobs going unpunished because defensive siege is nigh useless since everything breaks in seconds to the multiple meteor showers that cover entire walltops. Will deployable cannons solve this? Problably not, but it’s another piece of siege that I can try to use against orange popping zergs while I have the outnumbered buff in my bar on all 4 maps.

Once again, there is no valid reason that we need more siege added. What exactly do you think another piece of siege is going to do vs. blobs that the present siege isn’t doing. It’s also wasted Development time, even if it takes 5 minutes, that’s 5 minutes worth of bugs that still haven’t been addressed.

This game really doesn’t need anymore cancer, it’s like they are actively trying to lose players. If cannons were never implemented they wouldn’t lose anyone, if they are implemented they will lose people, even if its only a few. There are more important aspects that could use that time spent implementing an unnecessary addition.

in WvW

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Again. NO.

I voted NO for hammers, and now I voted NO for cannons. We already have enough siege in this game. Also, again, this change ONLY serves to benefit huge groups.

in WvW

Posted by: OneEightHundred.5689

OneEightHundred.5689

Adding cannons will make it borderline impossible to actually take any even remotely defended objective with rams or catapults.

Rams can already be hit with cannon splash from behind the door on numerous objectives (i.e. east keep northwest gate, garrison northeast gate), they kill rams much faster than a door treb, and they cost half the supply to build.

Catapults die in something like 2 cannon shots, cannons hit an enormous AoE, and shoot as far as a ballista. Allowing one to go up usually means a catapult attack will immediately fail.

The only way that this isn’t going to be awful is if cannons (and hopefully trebs too) are nerfed to not hit rams through the other side of a door.

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Just goes to show how clueless the wvw team is.

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Voted yes to see it being tested.
You don’t know how it plays out, how effective they are (they certainly won’t be as strong as stationary cannons…)

If they end up being kitten we can still vote no afterwards. It’s just funny to see the “this ruins wvw. That ruins wvw. Everything ruins wvw!” while it’s not even being tested.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

I’m really starting to hate ArenaNets polls. Like These things are like….

Cannon Blueprints…

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

(they certainly won’t be as strong as stationary cannons…)

You got an inside Anet source on that? Because Anets history of sensible siege damage… well, it doesnt exist. And they still havent done any changes to ACs.

If you want to get into the magical fantasy land of delusional things that will never be, the only way I can see deployable cannons working is if they work as actual cannons. Solid projectile that can damage walls but wont do crap in terms of AoE damage. It would however be a real projectile so it could plow through and damage a zerg silly enough to stack in a line. Fire control would be an aimed line downrange, not AoE on point. 1/3 control direction (ie like a cata but with shallower arc and faster projectile with tiny ball size AoE on impact)

Will we see that?

No.

We will more than likely see kittening OP cannons with wide and stupid AoE explosions.

Prove me wrong Anet.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

This game really doesn’t need anymore cancer, it’s like they are actively trying to lose players.

I will go one further on that theory. It’s like they are actively trying to lose a certain type of wvw player.

And yes, I am just being my silly, sarcastic self

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

It’s like people want WvW to be all about siege.

Do you know what happens when you lose your Keep and they start building cannons all over it? You are never, EVER going to get it back. Cannons are the most offensive siege in the game.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

in WvW

Teon.5168

I don’t.

But I completely understand your point.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

Anet… Seriously ur ideas are worse and worse. Just check out forums posts during last 3 years and DISCOVER what we need, as we were posting stuff for whole 3 years, but you didn’t even bother to read it!

Stop doing stupid pools like cannons or hammers! Do something serious! Like some rewards to bring guilds back to WvW, balance changes( fix for boons and condis), and revive of warris! Also fix acs and for god’s sake please make siege that is disabled invulnerable so that won’t be destroyed when attackers can’t even use em! Or rework disables that they would make siege more vulnerable instead of disabled

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

(edited by Kasteros.9847)

in WvW

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

This has to seriously be the most kittened thing I’ve seen you guys suggest ever! Like the game doesn’t have enough cannons and mortars already.

Lost for words…

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

You got an inside Anet source on that? Because Anets history of sensible siege damage… well, it doesnt exist. And they still havent done any changes to ACs.

If you want to get into the magical fantasy land of delusional things that will never be, the only way I can see deployable cannons working is if they work as actual cannons. Solid projectile that can damage walls but wont do crap in terms of AoE damage. It would however be a real projectile so it could plow through and damage a zerg silly enough to stack in a line. Fire control would be an aimed line downrange, not AoE on point. 1/3 control direction (ie like a cata but with shallower arc and faster projectile with tiny ball size AoE on impact)

Will we see that?

No.

We will more than likely see kittening OP cannons with wide and stupid AoE explosions.

Prove me wrong Anet.

What I simply mean by that is that I have very very very high doubts that they deal that much damage, which I’ve already read as speculation here. Stationary cannons deal a kitten ton of damage against siege for example. If you only had one of the new ones right behind the gate you could forget placing any rams whatsoever there. That’s certainly not gonna happen. They simply can’t be that stupid. (right? I mean…really?….meep?)

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

What if someone made a cannon and the keep had the siege buff on it where it is hard to kill. Throw in shield generator and repair hammers and this just became a stalemate =(

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Will we see that?

No.

Prove me wrong Anet.

What I simply mean by that is that I have very very very high doubts that they deal that much damage, which I’ve already read as speculation here. Stationary cannons deal a kitten ton of damage against siege for example. If you only had one of the new ones right behind the gate you could forget placing any rams whatsoever there. That’s certainly not gonna happen. They simply can’t be that stupid. (right? I mean…really?….meep?)

Well its aoe that goes through gates so its logical that cannon aoe will go through gates.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Azoricus.7409

Azoricus.7409

I’m going to try and look at this objectively (I voted no for disclosure).

The issue in my mind with every potential siege addition that can be deployed open field, is that while in theory it benefits both sides in a fight the same (potentially) it will almost always in reality benefit the larger force more. Large force = more supply to build, more people to soak damage, and greater ability to just nuke down the smaller force’s siege.

Personally as a 1-5 man roamer, siege is a pain in my butt and I dislike it. But I can acknowledge that it could potentially be a benefit for defenders to have greater options open to them in siege placement. Instead of allowing for cannons to be built open field, maybe allow for them to only be placed and built within towers/keeps and with a limit (2-3 for towers, 4-5 (probably more due to the number of gates needed to cover) for keeps?). This would be in replacement of the current standard for the cannons. This would allow for defenders to cover more of the current “weak spots” in defense ie cata spots, without being too overpowered since you would be limited in the number you can deploy. This would require more coding of course, but this is the only implementation I could see having a net neutral impact on WvW, more potential for open field siege will always be a negative impact in my mind.

This is the only way i can even consider portable cannons. Only inside structures (and with no more automatic build sites when the structure upgrades) and with a limited amount per structure. More of a way for ppl to customize the positioning of the cannon rather than building gazzilions of it like some servers and their AC’s. Never, I mean NEVER should cannon blueprints be able to be droped in open field, far from structures. It will be too harmfull for open field fights. For that we alrady have the cancerous openfield AC’s.

The [Kill] Bureaucrat – FSP

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Could we please get a response from Anet whether deployable cannons will be the same as the roflstomp stationary stabilized and auto-aiming explosive shot artillery guns (ie “cannons”) or if they will be actual heavy duty solid shot siege cannons? Preferably before the poll ends?

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

First thing I’m going to do is line up a bunch of cannons inside a structure aiming at the gate. Then let the attackers bust down the gate. Oh the carnage.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Could we please get a response from Anet whether deployable cannons will be the same as the roflstomp stationary stabilized and auto-aiming explosive shot artillery guns (ie “cannons”) or if they will be actual heavy duty solid shot siege cannons? Preferably before the poll ends?

Did you just mentioned the EotM cannons?

in WvW

Posted by: Anrkides.4083

Anrkides.4083

Next poll wille be about adding tanks to game, and game can renamed to Siege Wars 2

Tethyx The Raider,
Necro Raiders [NR]
Gandarian, WvW player from born to death

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Next poll wille be about adding tanks to game, and game can renamed to Siege Wars 2

There are already tanks in game Charr Car

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

Never hurts to try it anyhow. We can vote it a bad idea or not later.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Well I guess deployable cannons will be implemented on a trial basis. In that case could the devs answer a simple question for me? Are these deployable cannons going to have the same stats as the stationary, defensive ones? Because I definitely think that is a bit too much

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I should really start making popcorn for when I read these boards.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Remember Golem week, that worked out well for them.

That’s honestly what this poll and the last one feels like.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Remember Golem week, that worked out well for them.

That’s honestly what this poll and the last one feels like.

What, like April Fools? Seems right

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Never hurts to try it anyhow. We can vote it a bad idea or not later.

Nah, let’s just hate everything and let the game mode be stale for years… Oh wait, it already was stale for years because barely anything was added…

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Forget cannons, I want a dune roller blueprint!

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Teon.5168

I should really start making popcorn for when I read these boards.

That should always be the very first thing that you do before logging into these forums.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

sooo… did this pass? poll is not running anymore…

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

The poll has ended! After removing all votes for “Don’t Count My Vote” the finale results are:

56.6% Yes, Cannon Blueprints should be introduced on a trial basis.

43.4% No, I don’t believe deployable cannons would have a positive impact on the game.

This means that the team will add cannon blueprints on a trial basis to the game and will hold a follow-up poll to determine if cannon blueprints should become a permanent feature of the game. Thank you to everyone who voted!

(edited by McKenna Berdrow.2759)

in WvW

Posted by: Madzharov.7530

Madzharov.7530

grabs popcorn Dis gunna be gud

On a related note, I’m curious how the trial is going to happen? Is it going to first be only repair hammers followed by only cannon blueprints or is the last week of repair hammers going to coincide with the first week of cannon blueprints or are they all just going to be available at the same time?

~ Just a scrub

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

On a related note, I’m curious how the trial is going to happen? Is it going to first be only repair hammers followed by only cannon blueprints or is the last week of repair hammers going to coincide with the first week of cannon blueprints or are they all just going to be available at the same time?

ALL OF IT!!! Omg wvw players asking to nerf siege damage and here we have: even more siege!!!

come on guys you know a blob benefits greatly from siege because it scales exponentially with the number of players in your squad. Change that so its not about deploying 16 arrow carts but to use them strategically and i will begin to think that more siege is a good idea.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

First we have to finish the poll about mortar blueprints the we enter the beta test with probably all features at once.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

good news my friends
i was waiting for this cannon blueprinters
Can we have a pool about tanks now please?

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: diax.2815

diax.2815

Ridiculous, can you please set a requirement of atleast 500 or 1k wvw rank needed to vote???
Who are these people voting for this kitten, the last thing WvW needs is more kittening siege, please focus on making fights more important, people who play WvW for sieging and karmatraining should stay in PvE!

WvW should be focused around being mass PvP combat, siege should be secondary to the actual fights vs other players.
It’s kittening 2016 and you still haven’t figured out how to fix skill lag when 3 servers are fighting eachother, get your kittening priorities in order!

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

Ridiculous, can you please set a requirement of atleast 500 or 1k wvw rank needed to vote???
Who are these people voting for this kitten, the last thing WvW needs is more kittening siege, please focus on making fights more important, people who play WvW for sieging and karmatraining should stay in PvE!

WvW should be focused around being mass PvP combat, siege should be secondary to the actual fights vs other players.
It’s kittening 2016 and you still haven’t figured out how to fix skill lag when 3 servers are fighting eachother, get your kittening priorities in order!

i won’t lie, me and a bunch of friends rage voted on both this and the repair hammer poll due to the DBL and server linking poll.

in WvW

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

Ridiculous, can you please set a requirement of atleast 500 or 1k wvw rank needed to vote??? I farmed months of EotM and I want to say that my WvW knowledge is automatically higher than anyone elses!
Who are these people disagreeing on MY SUPERIOR OPINION?! the last thing WvW needs by my standards is more kittening siege, focus on making fights more important, people who play WvW for sieging and karmatraining should stay in PvE because again my opinion on WvW is superior and I know it better than all those people who voted yes!

It’s kittening 2016 and you still haven’t figured out how to fix skill lag when 3 servers are fighting eachother, get your kittening priorities in order! And no I don’t want to go to PvP which is focused on PvP – I want WvW to be adapted so it’s basically PvP with more players! That’s by far better than having 2 distinct and unique modes! Look at my WvW rank, I know everything better!

Ahem. If you excuse me, I’ll go and actually test stuff now before I come back to the forums, leaving valuable feedback with arguments. How it should be.

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

They where so eager to further explain the functionality of hammers last vote but have said nothing about the cannons, particularly control functions, relative attack strength compared to current siege and supply costs.

Guess Anet got tired of explaining themselves.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

They where so eager to further explain the functionality of hammers last vote but have said nothing about the cannons, particularly control functions, relative attack strength compared to current siege and supply costs.

Guess Anet got tired of explaining themselves.

Honestly i think they are just like “We said nothing so it’s clearly the same as the cannons in-game you fools. You really think we would make a whole new siege piece when we already have it avaible?”.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Ridiculous, can you please set a requirement of atleast 500 or 1k wvw rank needed to vote??? I farmed months of EotM and I want to say that my WvW knowledge is automatically higher than anyone elses!
Who are these people disagreeing on MY SUPERIOR OPINION?! the last thing WvW needs by my standards is more kittening siege, focus on making fights more important, people who play WvW for sieging and karmatraining should stay in PvE because again my opinion on WvW is superior and I know it better than all those people who voted yes!

It’s kittening 2016 and you still haven’t figured out how to fix skill lag when 3 servers are fighting eachother, get your kittening priorities in order! And no I don’t want to go to PvP which is focused on PvP – I want WvW to be adapted so it’s basically PvP with more players! That’s by far better than having 2 distinct and unique modes! Look at my WvW rank, I know everything better!

Ahem. If you excuse me, I’ll go and actually test stuff now before I come back to the forums, leaving valuable feedback with arguments. How it should be.

Except that not absolutely everything needs to be tested. There are some ideas that shouldn’t pass the “hey, this just popped into my head” stage. This is one of them.

in WvW

Posted by: Brisingr.6127

Brisingr.6127

It was nice playing the game with all of you… Now what game to play..

-Fortra
[OnS]Onslaught
OnS Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

forum bug

/15 charrs dancing on the table