Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Forum bug… begone.

WvW Poll 27 June: Simultaneous Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

75.1%………………….

Make it stop. I bet its the PvE players mad about losing the crafting stations.

For real though, ANet should really eliminate anyones vote who didn’t at least get 5 ranks this week. I got 5 ranks just Tuesday night alone at least lol, I don’t think thats unreasonable.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

(edited by Josh XT.6053)

in WvW

Posted by: Tris Apollumenon.6435

Tris Apollumenon.6435

It’s 78.7%, not 75.1%. The arithmetic to remove the “no vote” entries is extremely simple, ftr — just add up the “simultaneous” and “rotating” percentages, then divide simultaneous by that. S/(S+R).

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

They should really just not show the amount of people who didn’t care and just show them the results instead of making the percentages look off. I know they don’t count those votes, but it would still be better for those of us who are keeping track of the results to see the actual results instead of doing math to figure it out lol.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

They should really just not show the amount of people who didn’t care and just show them the results instead of making the percentages look off. I know they don’t count those votes, but it would still be better for those of us who are keeping track of the results to see the actual results instead of doing math to figure it out lol.

No they should show those votes. Its important that the community can see how many people don’t seem to care either way

in WvW

Posted by: Shanrai.6875

Shanrai.6875

Cut that vote off now. Otherwise you will may have a majority of players that don’t play during the desert map cycle, if not even more because they find some other games & leave the GW2 community.

A-net clearly designs the polls in favor of “their” option – some polls have the 75% burden, some not. Hear your players A-net, don’t be like a crazy dictator.

(edited by Shanrai.6875)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

A-net clearly designs the polls in favor of “their” option – some polls have the 75% burden, some not. Hear your players A-net, don’t be like a crazy dictator.

Except the irony of that would be that its a contradiction. Anet has already said they are in favor of mixed borders. They where “disappointed” when the first poll lost with a mere 70% in favor. Unless everyone but the guy putting text on the poll options is in favor.

In that case Anet, you got an kitten working for you.

Because really, why couldnt it had been the other way around? That rotating borders require 75% and if it fails, mixed will be implemented. Anet never kittening rotated them before when tormenting us with 6 months of desert and a wrecked community. Why is that suddenly the “default” way forward?

in WvW

Posted by: Bandini.6185

Bandini.6185

Because the major change which needs 75% is not the loss of the rotation.

The big difference with the present system is that simultaneous borderlands could lead to unbalance. And that’s a serious problem.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Well, I didn’t vote to keep the borderland but since majority vote to keep the borderland, you better suck it up during the quarterly downtime. Obviously, majority know that it will happen so they chose the simultaneous option while ignoring balancing, how irony is that.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Mixed borderlands actually gained 0.1% and sit exactly at 75.0% now lol (ignoring non-voters).

I think it’s time to end it on that note.

in WvW

Tris Apollumenon.6435

For the millionth time, you need to remove the no-votes from your calculation. The actual percentage is now 78.5%.

in WvW

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

For the millionth time, you need to remove the no-votes from your calculation. The actual percentage is now 78.5%.

1,000,001, time

can you guys give us the date the poll will close and the number of voters involved.
por favor señor anet

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

But it was at 81% two days ago so if this stays open through the weekend (and its a 3 day weekend in the US) then it could drop even further. And if they keep it open until next Friday even further.

So close it today Anet! Before the long holiday weekend.

in WvW

Tris Apollumenon.6435

Was it? I went back to check for any posts from June 29 that mentioned the percentage, and the earliest one I found was the one I wrote mentioning 79.7% for simultaneous. Unless there’s a late influx of voters, I don’t believe the numbers will change that drastically in either direction; as someone earlier pointed out, each individual vote counts for a smaller and smaller fraction of a percent as the overall number of votes accumulates to higher totals. So in order to swing a 1.2% change up or down, you’d need increasing numbers of new voters as time goes on.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

What’s going to happen is people who hate desert are going to see a 74.9% including the people who skip the vote and scream bloody murder that it passed without the requisite 75%.

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

I know. It’s still kind of funny that it sits at exactly 75% when as I said, you ignore the non-voters.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Quarterly borderland map changes require a complete reset of WvW matches. Please vote for simultaneous borderlands to avoid confusing mid-week match resets.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

What’s going to happen is people who hate desert are going to see a 74.9% including the people who skip the vote and scream bloody murder that it passed without the requisite 75%.

The dbl haters will scream bloody murder no matter what. They’re still sore that dbls won the stay vote by such a huge margin.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

The poll has ended! After removing all votes for “Don’t Count My Vote” the final results are:

78.5% Simultaneous Borderlands
21.5% Rotating Borderlands quarterly

This means that the team will add the Desert Borderlands back into play as one of the Borderlands maps and will keep the other two maps as the Alpine Borderlands. Thank you to everyone who voted!

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

The poll has ended! After removing all votes for “Don’t Count My Vote” the final results are:

78.5% Simultaneous Borderlands
21.5% Rotating Borderlands quarterly

This means that the team will add the Desert Borderlands back into play as one of the Borderlands maps and will keep the other two maps as the Alpine Borderlands. Thank you to everyone who voted!

Which color will be Dbl, red? And when will this be implemented? And thanks for the update.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

\o/

Looking forward to some more details on your precise plans about how to carry out the outcome of this poll, especially when.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Great to read! Thanks, McKenna!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Hallelujah! Halleluja, halleluiah, alleluia, halleeeelluuuujah!

in WvW

Posted by: Nep Leet.5491

Nep Leet.5491

Squee!

I am so happy and relieved that Simultaneous Borderlands won the vote!

Variety is a Good Thing™!

You Live, You Learn
You Die, You Learn Faster

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

don’t forget to add bloodlust to dbl

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

As long as MY server is not stuck with the Desert map…..

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

This is absolutely terrible and it is even more terrible that players choose to vote in this plague or cholera poll. It will be a flat out punishment to be the server that gets DBL, which in the end most likely will influence the outcome of the MU.
Might not be a big thing in NA, but in EU were the top tiers are constantly changing, it will hit like a truck. The server with DBL will have so many disadvantages and the rest of us will pile up on ABL maps.

I can not even imagine how this pull came about or how it can be thought of as a good pull. But ok lets go through this again and watch the server with DBL rage for not having players or waypoints or any sort of tactic. It will be fun time to watch the rage flow in this forum again. sarcasm if anyone missed that

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

This is absolutely terrible and it is even more terrible that players choose to vote in this plague or cholera poll. It will be a flat out punishment to be the server that gets DBL, which in the end most likely will influence the outcome of the MU.
Might not be a big thing in NA, but in EU were the top tiers are constantly changing, it will hit like a truck. The server with DBL will have so many disadvantages and the rest of us will pile up on ABL maps.

I can not even imagine how this pull came about or how it can be thought of as a good pull. But ok lets go through this again and watch the server with DBL rage for not having players or waypoints or any sort of tactic. It will be fun time to watch the rage flow in this forum again. sarcasm if anyone missed that

And yet the most common argument against mixed has been that no one plays on dbl, thus giving the server having it as home uncontested PPT and a major advantage as they can focus fully on enemy borders (since home is the “default” border after EB when joining WvW, that server often owns the most of it when people loiter there).

Make up your kitten mind.

in WvW

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

tear drop

15chars

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

And yet the most common argument against mixed has been that no one plays on dbl, thus giving the server having it as home uncontested PPT and a major advantage as they can focus fully on enemy borders (since home is the “default” border after EB when joining WvW, that server often owns the most of it when people loiter there).

Make up your kitten mind.

It doesn’t give the home server an advantage if no one on that server will go there. It ONLY gives the server who has the most players who will play on it the advantage regardless of whose home BL it is.

People just refused to hop to DBL to defend it at all or even recap it on servers that do not have players that will play on it at all. Regardless of whose home BL it is, it is just up to whatever team has players that are willing to go there will have it.

They just need to remove PPT from the game mode all together and stop rewarding PvD and that would solve the problem. Instead when you own a keep, tower, yak, sentry, or camp it gives you an increased PPK and Loot buff while you fight over it, but would score nothing on it’s own. SO if no one goes there to fight over it you get no points just for it sitting there doing nothing. Scoring would only be based on PPK earned while fighting over objectives and PvD would be obsolete. Both attacking and defending teams would receive PPK and Loot for fighting over objectives, just defenders would be slightly higher to make owning the objective more valuable to the player.

The objectives would be more valuable than they currently are because whoever owns them would get best loot in game mode while fighting over them, and PvD would not be rewarded at all solving the balance issues caused by empty time zones and maps.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Gammler.2601

Gammler.2601

Which color will be Dbl, red? And when will this be implemented? And thanks for the update.

And the question I’m probably the only one who cares about: Does this also mean the removal of one of the Jumping Puzzle achievements? (e.g.: If Red is permanently Desert, will the achievement Garnet Sanctum become retired?)

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

It doesn’t give the home server an advantage if no one on that server will go there. It ONLY gives the server who has the most players who will play on it the advantage regardless of whose home BL it is.

Sooo… You’re saying it works exactly like Alpine?

Got it.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Sooo… You’re saying it works exactly like Alpine?

Got it.

No because most servers had players willing to go to alpine to defend, unlike what happened with the DBL’s. The issue is the sheer number of players who refuse to go on it at all. For example, you are running a zerg on EBG with 35 players. When you hop to the ABL you take 25 players with you and you are able to defend. When you hop to the DBL though, you only have 7 willing to go, so you are unable to defend. That is the reality of the DBL is the problem.

EDIT: In addition, it caused so much conflict on servers, guilds broke up entirely over it.
Some commanders and guilds refused to respond to any calls made from the DBL at all so there was no point in scouts going there to scout. Then the commanders who would go there often became frustrated because their own guild would not even go to the DBL, they started kicking people and wound up destroying quite a few guilds that way. It was just a mess all around when some players would go there and some would not. It created a pretty severe community divide that has not been resolved that did not exist prior to the DBL being implemented.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

The issue is the sheer number of players who refuse to go on it at all.

Across 3 borders, yes. That was the issue. Mixed borderlands is just 1 border. There will be people there. Will it be as many as on alpine? Probably not. Will it matter? Most definetly not. People that love desert get every desert lover focused on 1 map -> a more populated border. People that refuse to go to desert (and probably would have stopped playing if rotation won) get focused on 2 maps instead of 3 -> more populated borders.

Either way you swing it, everybody win.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

The issue is the sheer number of players who refuse to go on it at all.

Across 3 borders, yes. That was the issue. Mixed borderlands is just 1 border. There will be people there. Will it be as many as on alpine? Probably not. Will it matter? Most definetly not. People that love desert get every desert lover focused on 1 map -> a more populated border. People that refuse to go to desert (and probably would have stopped playing if rotation won) get focused on 2 maps instead of 3 -> more populated borders.

Either way you swing it, everybody win.

Not across 3 borders, that is irrelevant. I am talking about when you Hop to any borders. Players do not just come on and play one map, they look at all maps as one battlefield and hop from each one. You keep all objectives paper on all maps to force your opponents hand and make them have to choose between which structures to keep and which to let go. I never play on one map, or just 2.. I play on all maps every time I play. We will still have the same issue I stated above:

Running a 35 player squad on EBG. You tell them to go to ABL1 to paper a keep. 25 players go with you, and you paper it. You tell them to go to ABL2 to defend a keep, all 25 go and you are able to defend it. You tell them to go to DBL to defend a keep, you hop and only 7 come with you, and you lose the keep instead. GG

That is what happens. You do not get any MORE objectives simply because you have the same 3 other maps you had before. You went from having 4 maps to being effective on at once to only having 3.

When you ARE the group that hops to all maps for offense and defense, it just makes it so you have one less map that you are capable of doing so, it does not change the outcome of the other maps, as it is the SAME players who are hopping to all maps using it as one battlefield, not separate. You are thinking that it somehow means the players remaining on the other maps that do not hop are being effective there. That is not the case either since they just roam around back capping camps until the commander comes back, not papering keeps, and if you had already papered all the keeps before you left, there isn’t any more for them to be effective with..

What happens instead is either:
DBL home server has players that will go there = DBL will be defended and no one will take their stuff.
DBL home server does not have players that will go there= DBL belongs to whaetver server who does have players who will play there.
ABL= more players from all servers in the match on the 2 remaining ABLS fighting it out for what is there but generally being less effective than before since more players on map to aggro and increase time it takes to accomplish goals. The other maps will stay the same regardless of what happens on the DBL.

It is the same group that hops between all maps usually including the DBL.
When fighting you actually hop from one keep fight to the next to the next to the next.. not like they are really “separate maps” it is all one battlefield, just that section of the battlefield is a guarantee loss for all servers who do not have players willing to play on it.

The only way you would make it so you could be more effective on the other maps would be to take the keeps off the DBL and put them on Alpine since playing on Alpine suddenly does not put more objectives to capture on the map to be more effective there..

If they did away with PPT, as I suggested and just give a buff to players fighting over objectives instead, it would be balanced since players PvDing on the DBl will not impact the game balance at that point since PvD will no longer be rewarded.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

It’s not like the score matters at all after all this time without the patches. Also you basically explained yourself that we don’t know what impact DBL has on the matchup because we don’t know how players handle it.

Players will go where they personally have more fun. The more variety the more tastes are satisfied, the more players join WvW. -> Good WvW.
And who knows…maybe we will even have a 3rd border to choose from in a far future.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

(edited by Entenkommando.5208)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

It’s not like the score matters at all after all this time without the patches. Also you basically explained yourself that we don’t know what impact DBL has on the matchup because we don’t know how players handle it.

Players will to where they personally have more fun. The more variety the more tastes are satisfied, the more players join WvW. -> Good WvW.
And who knows…maybe we will even have a 3rd border to choose from in a far future.

We have already had guilds and individuals posting here in the forums they will be leaving the game again when the DBL returns, so we have an idea of the impact it will have due to those who left last time, and those who stated they will be leaving again. We are just hoping it will not be on the scale it was before.

What is not known yet is which servers have the most players willing to go to the DBL, as they will be more likely to win now due to the new DBL win factor being added to the game mode. Whoever has the most players willing to go to the DBL will most likely win as long as PPT is substantial in the score.

The players that actually determine whether or not their server wins are players who play on all maps, not just the one they like the most. Winning does matter if you want to change tiers to change who you fight, this would be much less impacted if they removed rewarding PvD and allowed the score to be more PPK based than it currently is. If you do not win, you do not remain in a tier to get good fights and are left to PvD and face roll less organized players on the lower tiers.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: orenwolf.1953

orenwolf.1953

People say they’ll leave the game all the time. It’s cries for attention and resistance to change.

Do you think all those DBL votes came from nowhere? People want to play there and will play there.

I know choice and change can be scary, LDX, and “the sky is falling” is pretty much the call of someone after any vote, but how about we wait to see what happens before we declare that WvW is, again, for reals this time, dead. Hm?

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Not across 3 borders, that is irrelevant. I am talking about when you Hop to any borders.

Then dont kittening hop to desert then.

It’s as simple as that. That’s what people do with certain alpines daily – home probably get 90% of the borderhopping while enemy borders get quick jabs that are either recapped soon after or defended successfully (because previously mentioned defensive borderhopping).

Desert itself is irrevelant. Coverage will be what still matters the most. And in that coverage, there are a number of players that will be on desert. The more coverage you have… the more players will be there. Loss of coverage on one map – like 10 out of 35 jumping with you to desert – means a gain in coverage on another map. In this case, wherever people remain.

You are seriously overthinking a type of asynchronous map design that we already know is in effect 24/7 in current WvW and has been for 4 years. It’s called EB. The only difference is that instead of putting people off, it attract them like mosquitos to an electric bug zapper.

Has EB killed WvW yet?

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

People say they’ll leave the game all the time. It’s cries for attention and resistance to change.

Do you think all those DBL votes came from nowhere? People want to play there and will play there.

I know choice and change can be scary, LDX, and “the sky is falling” is pretty much the call of someone after any vote, but how about we wait to see what happens before we declare that WvW is, again, for reals this time, dead. Hm?

They did leave last time, and it was awful, so many guilds left and haven’t even returned over it. Some came back when they brought back ABL, scroll back through the forums and you would see them coming on here thanking Anet and announcing their return. But the thing is, I know no one that wanted to just keep ABL, Players wanted to just wait on ABL while they made a new map, an actual good wvw map . Players were just going to wait for that to happen on ABL.

Change isn’t scary, only bad change is. Good change is great and everyone cheers and players do not leave the game in masses. Players have been asking for change for a LONG time now. I think you seem to misunderstand. We WANT new WvW maps, we want great WvW maps that keep players engaged in nonstop PvP action the entire time they are on the map. I asked them not to have Delete DBL as an option, but instead asked them to take it to beta and let players vote on when it is ready to go live so they can fix the topography issues and other problems before bringing it back in the game since they said they could not fix those issues as long as the map is in the live game.

It took them like 4 years to fix the spawn trebs in ABL, players unknowingly just voted to never have those issues on the DBL fixed at all. Players have wanmted a new map from the beginning, they just didn’t want that broken map.Anet said that if we did not vote to keep the DBL, they would not give us another map. Players didn’t vote to keep the DBL because they want to play on it, they voted to keep the DBL so we can hopefully get an actual WvW map instead. All you have to do is read what players actually posted to see that.

On one side we had players saying, “Get that Crummy broken map out of here and bring us an actual Good WvW map that keeps players engaged in nonstop PvP action the entire time we are on it or we wont play your game anymore!”

On the other side we had Anet saying, " If you don’t take our crummy map we will not make you any more maps."

Then you have this poll saying :
You can havepart of game to play all the time.
or
You can have a whole game part of the time.

Players chose to have a new map than have no map and to have part of a game to play all the time instead of whole game part of the time

Players chose varied maps, not because they want them. They chose them because they know making them all DBL for 3 months will kill the game like it did before, but worse because players have had enough. Don’t mistake that for " wanting them". It is making hard choices instead.

All updates should:

• Increase game population
  • Increase player satisfaction,
  • increase game longevity

If it does not do that, it should not have been implemented. If you make the right change, players are not angry, they are cheering. That is how you tell the difference. Players overwhelmingly want change, they always have, they just want it to be in the right direction.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Not across 3 borders, that is irrelevant. I am talking about when you Hop to any borders.

Then dont kittening hop to desert then.

It’s as simple as that. That’s what people do with certain alpines daily – home probably get 90% of the borderhopping while enemy borders get quick jabs that are either recapped soon after or defended successfully (because previously mentioned defensive borderhopping).

Desert itself is irrevelant. Coverage will be what still matters the most. And in that coverage, there are a number of players that will be on desert. The more coverage you have… the more players will be there. Loss of coverage on one map – like 10 out of 35 jumping with you to desert – means a gain in coverage on another map. In this case, wherever people remain.

You are seriously overthinking a type of asynchronous map design that we already know is in effect 24/7 in current WvW and has been for 4 years. It’s called EB. The only difference is that instead of putting people off, it attract them like mosquitos to an electric bug zapper.

Has EB killed WvW yet?

No, it is not as simple as that. If they remove the DBL from the score and treated it like EotM that would be an option, or removed PPT and let us just PPK, but that isn’t an option when it is our job to paper all their upgraded keeps. We are not some small guild that roams around doing whatever. Our server relies on us to take out big fully defended targets and get the more difficult jobs done. There is a reason why we always have offers from servers to try and get us to move there..

If we do not hop to all maps, we do not play. That is how our guild plays the game.
You cannot play the game mode properly without including all maps as part of the battlefield and hopping there. When we play, we keep track of every keep on every map to monitor it’s upgrade status to determine how to best control the battlefield and force our opponents to respond to which ones we hit and the order we hit them. My guild ALWAYS hopped to the DBLs, however, most would not follow. It puts much more strain on the guilds who are willing to do so.

You are suggesting the large dedicated WvW guilds stop playing the game the way it was meant to be played. You are mistakeningly thinking that players not being on the DBL means they will be more effective on other maps, but that doesn’t add up due to targets being taken out of game play but are still affecting the score. My guild will still be hopping to the DBL, though the vast majority of the players in my guild hate the DBL but begrudgingly go anyways as we always have. It just makes the game less fun for them, so will probably affect how long they play the game eventually. When players are not having fun, they don’t continue playing a game that negatively impacts them and eventually will move on to one that they have more fun playing. That impacts the games long term health though moreso than the immediate with the players who play on it just to be able to play the game the way they always have, but are not enjoying their time spent doing so.

The concern immediately is for servers who do not have that option, and will be rage quitting when not enough players show up to defend their structures when they call for help, and I am sure Anet will be getting an earful from players again who will be blaming the DBL for their losses.

Why would EBG kill WvW? That is the most popular map by far. We have more problems getting people to get off EBG to respond to something else than get them to respond to calls there. EB didn;t throw off the balance of the game though because all teams had their Home BL advantage+ their corner of EBG advantage. Instead now, it will be 2 teams have their home BL advantage and one team will either have an advantage or a disadvantage depending on whether or not the players on their server will go there. All servers still have their corner advantage in EBG.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

And if rotation was chosen watch how no-one would be on any of the BLs for 3 months while it was in rotation. Its really not hard to understand.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

We have already had guilds and individuals posting here in the forums they will be leaving the game again when the DBL returns, so we have an idea of the impact it will have due to those who left last time, and those who stated they will be leaving again. We are just hoping it will not be on the scale it was before.

Which guilds?I haven’t seen any say they will leave because of having mixed BLs. And anyway what would they do for the 3 months the DBL was in rotation with the other option.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Which guilds?I haven’t seen any say they will leave because of having mixed BLs. And anyway what would they do for the 3 months the DBL was in rotation with the other option.

They were posting here in the forums they were leaving when DBL returns either way when they had the first mixed BL poll.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Instead now, it will be 2 teams have their home BL advantage and one team will either have an advantage or a disadvantage depending on whether or not the players on their server will go there.

Exactly. One team will have either an advantage or a disadvantage depending on what they choose to do. Balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Ya know, there is a lot of people that share you opinion. Personally I don’t. I actually prefer the new map. I used to think I was a minority. However, after the poll not to get rid of dbl and now to rotate it I can clearly see, that there are just a lot of loud people like you are the minority that just don’t like this map period.

If it bothers you that much, just avoid dbl. If it angers you that much that you want to quit, the quit already.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Instead now, it will be 2 teams have their home BL advantage and one team will either have an advantage or a disadvantage depending on whether or not the players on their server will go there.

Exactly. One team will have either an advantage or a disadvantage depending on what they choose to do. Balance.

No, that is not balance. All 3 servers having the same problems with the same amount of players hating the map would be balanced, but they do not. It varies from server to server how many players will play on it. It is instead introducing a " bad map" win factor into the game mode that did not exist before. Due to the overwhelming unpopularity of the map, their ability to do what they can do on the other maps is impaired and they are having to either choose to not play the game at all or play it in a way that negatively impacts how they view the game itself. That is making the game not as much fun for them as it was before. If the game is not as much fun as it used to be for them, they will not continue to play it long in that state and will be searching for a game they consider fun again.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Ya know, there is a lot of people that share you opinion. Personally I don’t. I actually prefer the new map. I used to think I was a minority. However, after the poll not to get rid of dbl and now to rotate it I can clearly see, that there are just a lot of loud people like you are the minority that just don’t like this map period.

If it bothers you that much, just avoid dbl. If it angers you that much that you want to quit, the quit already.

If everyone I know that has voiced they hated the DBL quit, the game would lose thousands of WvW players instantly. I think you misunderstood the poll results.

What players actually voted for was getting a new WvW map ( not the DBL) was better than getting no map and that playing part of a game all of the time was better than playing a whole game part of the time. This was due to 1) Anet said they would not make an actual WvW map unless players accepted the DBL, 2)they knew the game mode would be destroyed if they had to have 3 months of DBL alone.

The objective of updates should always be:

• To increase game population
  • to increase player satisfaction
  • To Increase game longevity

Telling players to leave rather than voice their opinions does not increase game population, player satisfaction or game longevity and is counterproductive to improving the game. These results do not mean players are happy with them. It means since players could not get what they wanted ( have a new map without the DBL or a whole game all of the time) they chose to settle for this instead, knowing the problems that will come with it will not be easily resolved.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Telling players to leave rather than voice their opinions

You realise that these two statements aren’t saying the same thing right? Like, at all.

I think you misunderstood the poll results.

What players actually voted for was getting a new WvW map ( not the DBL) was better than getting no map and that playing part of a game all of the time was better than playing a whole game part of the time. This was due to 1) Anet said they would not make an actual WvW map unless players accepted the DBL, 2)they knew the game mode would be destroyed if they had to have 3 months of DBL alone.

And that this whole shpeal isn’t actually based in facts at all? The numbers don’t exist to back up the claim that the majority of people voted the way they did for these stated reasons, never mind your claim that all players who voted had these reasons. The most generous thing I could say is that it’s unsubstantiated hearsay based on subjective opinion and faulty memory.

in WvW

Posted by: Madzharov.7530

Madzharov.7530

In light of lil devils x.6071’s comments (they’re too many to properly quote but have a general feel to them) and him personally and intimately knowing thousands of WvW players

If everyone I know that has voiced they hated the DBL quit, the game would lose thousands of WvW players instantly. I think you misunderstood the poll results.

I propose a new poll. The people of WvW will be given a simple in and out choice, on whether to keep WvW or have the gamemode be closed entirely. We can call it.. the Wvexit.

Jokes aside, in regards to the poll, the people have spoken(overwhelmingly) on what they want. And you can’t say they had to vote like that because it was either mixed blands or DBL for three months, because they were given another poll on whether to remove the DBL entirely and once again they voted to keep it (overwhelmingly).

There is no point in speculating at this moment what is going to happen, because even when we had only DBL and a lot of people did leave, I remember there were still quite a lot of people playing on DBL and I’m from one of the lower tier servers. It may not have been the grand zerg battles that occurred on AL, but there were there, and whether or not it will be the same when they have the choice will remain to be seen.

No, the outcome of the poll isn’t important anymore. Now, the focus should be on the way Anet will implement it, which can go one of two ways:
1) They do an awesome job and there are a lot of complaints about minor things, bugfixes, etc.
2) They botch it, in which case there’s an overwhelming amount of complaints and suggestions on how to fix it, and then Anet goes through the slow process of doing it.
So should probably save your pitchforks, torches and suggestions for either of those cases.

Honestly, it’s interesting to see all the complaining from the playerbase, even when Anet actually started polling said playerbase on their opinions and further actually implemented what the playerbase wanted. Is it because a vocal minority that is dissatisfied with certain things and thought it was a majority suddenly found out they’re not actually a majority? Ooops…

~ Just a scrub