WvW Posting entertains more than Playing It?

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Curious…anybody else feel the same?

For me…WvW used to be my daily thing…

NA Tier 6 / PUG Commander / Solo camp capping that ramps up to bigger objectives.

Weekdays…3-4 hours
Weekends…16+ hours

Now…I’m not as inclined to play WvW.

I spend half my time here in the WvW forum…reading through discussions about the current & future direction of where WvW is going.

Feeling frustrated & sad about not being able to enjoy something I’ve spent the last 3 years building up characters & guild upgrades to do…just for WvW.

Please don’t bash ANet.

The WvW game mode is awesome in my opinion…I just hope that ANet can improve it…so I can once again enjoy it like before.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Reverting back to alpine BL and removing PvE contents (like the overgrown grub, the champ near speldan, etc) from WvW will be the first step towards the right direction IMO.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Posted by: rhejeckt.5791

rhejeckt.5791

I don’t post much, but find myself reading the forums much more than before. Just an average wvw’er, but I do/did love it. Now, I find myself checking the forum & intel map regularly. The guild upgrades & elites have pulled so many ppl to PVE, it sometimes feels like it is not worth logging in. I spent 98% of my time in wvw before the expansion & never felt like it was enough. Now, it’s like meh-whatever. I don’t care whether my mastery says 2 or 200 next to my name. Eventually, I will cap my elites with the Heroic Scrolls. Everyone has their priorities, though. Mine are different from others I imagine.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

To be fair, I always found those matchup threads to be funny and essentially the fifth map for WvW. Yea, I know there’s other sites for that now but it’s not the same.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Nedus.6952

Nedus.6952

I think some of us (including me) are just tired of the whole thing.

- New WvW came out; it was disappointing and frustrating for countless reasons
- We went to WvW forum to try reason with Anet
- We got no response whatsoever from them
- Even more disappointment and frustration
- We just gave up

Personally I found my internal peace. I know if anet won’t change stuff, WvW will be dead to me. And that’s all that matters to me.

Looking forward for Blade&Soul and Black Desert. Meanwhile, some chill out PvE in GW2 and WvW forums

Passero ~ Jade Sea
Former member of WSR and AG.

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

The forums are far more fun than the game for me, and have been for quite some time. However the mods kill a lot of the fun as they ban for every little thing and it sucks to have to wait as long as i do between posts.

As a solo roamer, I honestly don’t even mind the new maps as all i want to do is fight people. Couldn’t care less about the objectives and i rarely cap anything so the new scenery was a plus. I never particularly liked the BLs either, as EB offered way more fights thanks to the more tightly clustered objectives.

That being said I have no reason to go to the new maps as there’s nobody there. At least the apline BLs had people playing them.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.