WvW Profession Meta

WvW Profession Meta

in WvW

Posted by: matiez.6498

matiez.6498

I’ve got a lvl 80 engineer who i occasionally grenade with in WvW. I’ll be rolling up an alt to play with my gf who just started (thank you ANet for the free weekend!!).

What’s the current meta in WvW class balance? I notice that Mesmers are still OP with their portals and Thieves with their stealth. Sadly, I don’t really like either of these classes. Last I knew, warriors were designated to Rifle sniping, Guardians to forcefield protect (though I think that got patched), and Necros went with condition-spamming epidemics. Is this still the case or has things changed greatly in the last year?

WvW Profession Meta

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Jesus, rifle warriors? Were they running full signets too? Are you sure this wasn’t in PvE?

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

WvW Profession Meta

in WvW

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

I heard condi guardians are the best class now. Necro mobility is really great, but I find running a shout ah nomad guard really powerful for bursting people.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

WvW Profession Meta

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

For small fights or big fights? For small fights war mez and thf are the best. For big fights ele necro maybe ranger now seem to be the best.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

WvW Profession Meta

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Small fights are either condi bunker or condi kiting classes. There are a handful of exceptions but anyone running a melee power build in small scale fights is at a decided disadvantage these days.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

WvW Profession Meta

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Zerging: GWEN or GTFO.
Roaming: Anything that include Perplexity or Tormenting with 40% condi duration foods.

If you’re ballzy, don’t follow this advise.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

WvW Profession Meta

in WvW

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

I heard condi guardians are the best class now. Necro mobility is really great, but I find running a shout ah nomad guard really powerful for bursting people.

lol. ^ ignore trollish reply.

The guy asking ‘for what?’ is right, more detail is needed. That said, search for ‘GWEN’. It’s the common acronym for current wvw profession meta or check the profession forums for each of the classes represented by one of those letters. There are always WvW role & build discussions.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

WvW Profession Meta

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Tanky Heavies (2200-2400 power, 2800-3k armor)
Glassy backline (2400+ Power)

Thieves and mesmers picking out and ganking enemy elementalists and necromancers

Compare HOPE builds: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/HOPE-s-WvW-Builds-GWEN-Video/first#post4460422

to Agg builds :
http://www.gw2wvw.net/topic/agg-builds

The “META” is somewhere in between all those builds posted.

WvW Profession Meta

in WvW

Posted by: matiez.6498

matiez.6498

Thanks for the responses. Since posting this, I have also discovered the MetaBattle website.

As for “What for?”, I tend to be a roamer, mainly because I’m currently guildless. Though, if I were to zerg I’d probably run my condi-grenadier engi.