WvW PvE

WvW PvE

in WvW

Posted by: towerston.2790

towerston.2790

So… I know the game isn’t supposed to be played solo, but why exactly do enemies have the ability to ‘exit combat’ so-to-speak and then to regain ALL of their health within 2 seconds, then to re-enter combat and repeat the same process if you are trying to kill them alone? I know they have a confined space they fight in or else they reset, but they do this if I don’t take all of their attacks to the face… as an Elementalist with 1,024 Toughness and Vitality. Really…?

These classes are made for kiting, and so far, I don’t even want to partake in EoTM because of how frustrating it is sometimes. It’s made me rage at how a Champion enemy with an automatically-hitting stun that takes control fully from the player, brings you TOWARD the enemy (which is frustrating in itself, VERY much so) can walk back to his spawn even if he’s only 1-2 steps from the capture ring that you can see after killing him, regenerating every last point of his HP and voiding your last five minutes’ work since there was no commander in that EoTM match.

If somehow a mod/dev sees this post and responds, I really hope you can make the aggro system more forgiving to classes that can’t be hit, and for the love of god PLEASE remove the Champion Grawl Stoneworker’s infinite-range damage-per-tick + stop-per-tick + pull -to-the-Grawl-per-tick Swirling Sands attack. It’s incredibly irritating, solo or Zerg, because it removes all movement control from the player and it gets reapplied every 0.5 seconds, making Stability useless unless stacked five times or so.

It could be supplemented with an aimed attack of the same vain (or even somewhat rebalanced: just remove the pull!) that does the exact same thing, but again, it has an infinite range, so he has to change his target for it to NOT be applied to you. An attack that strong shouldn’t be unable to miss via range or evade, so why is it? It’s very hair-tear-out-esque.

(edited by towerston.2790)

WvW PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Took me a while to realise you were talking about EoTM, not wvw…stop soloing champs on a zerk ele, simple.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

WvW PvE

in WvW

towerston.2790

Took me a while to realise you were talking about EoTM, not wvw…stop soloing champs on a zerk ele, simple.

It’s not really a solution. You shouldn’t be able to solo Champs, but not because of ******** attacks that completely destroy you with nothing you can do about it. If you manage to solo one, then good for you… the Stoneworker’s attack is just… overpowered even for a Champ meant to defend an area from multiple players of all races and classes alike.

WvW PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

This is definitely a l2p issue. You have dodges for a reason. Use ’em.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

WvW PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I think you posted in the wrong forum. Eotm isn’t WvW.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

WvW PvE

in WvW

towerston.2790

I think you posted in the wrong forum. Eotm isn’t WvW.

It’s under the WvW tab. I thought that I was being accurate in posting this here. Eh.

WvW PvE

in WvW

towerston.2790

This is definitely a l2p issue. You have dodges for a reason. Use ’em.

Again, it’s an AoE attack that inflicts the Stop/Immobility on you every 0.5 seconds for 5 seconds straight. Two dodges in a row wouldn’t stop it from being applied, as it’s immediately applied after the first dodge.

Or, simply put: you can’t dodge it.