WvW QUES 40.000 account per server is NOT accetpable

in WvW

Posted by: IKShadow.4582

IKShadow.4582

Guild Wars 2 breaks the two million sales mark

So if all 51 available gw2 servers had equally distributed players that would be around 40.000 per server. ( 2.000.000 / 51 = 39.215 )

Each WvW map supports up to 500 players and maybe with recent improvements 600 per map aka 200 players per server. So with 4 maps that’s 800 concurrent players per server, so basically even if out of 40.000 players per server only 20% plays at same time thats 8.000 players -> so out of those 20% only 10% will be able to join while the rest will wait in ques for hours and hours ?

Please consider rechecking your strategy cause you are betraying players but not doing anything as the fact is even if everyone is distributed equally we wont have 5, 6h ques but 1, 2h and imo thats still unacceptable.

The alternative is doing nothing for couple of more week’s and wait for players to get fed up and quit.

FUtilez.com Mature Gaming Guild part of Seafarer’s Rest Community Site

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Pawlegance.7012

Pawlegance.7012

They only thing ANet could do to solve this issue is to add additional maps for WvW in the future, which I hope they do. Give players more options in map layout and objectives, give us underwater and sea battles, give us deserts to fight in (and storms) etc. Well, I don’t mean to speak for everyone really, but I don’t think anyone would be against additional maps in WvW to increase the population.

in WvW

Posted by: wrajjt.2516

wrajjt.2516

Then what do you suggest Anet does to improve this? Whining is easy, providing constructive criticism is hard.

Allowing more players per map? Lolno, those maps are already cramped as it is.
“Instancing the maps”? Lolno, that would destroy the whole WvW thing.
Providing an alternative for non-80’s? Now we are getting somewhere…
AFK removal system and less mining nodes is also an idea…

I get so tired when I read people’s posts, DEMANDING stuff from Anet without providing anything constructive.

in WvW

IKShadow.4582

You dont have to be genius to figure it out..

ADD MORE SERVERS
( also guilds should be allowed to keep all upgrades they made )

MARK SERVER IS FULL AT 15.000 accounts not 40.000+

That does not mean add 3 new server NO triple the number of current server from 51 to 153 and that will fix the ques the most.

Maps are designed for 500 and thats should not be changed… no one want WvW map with 2000 players on as they are to small.

IMO even 500 on same map is to much .. more server, less players per map ( less invisible enemies )

in WvW

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

the problem is, in pve more players are better (way more maps, and people are scattered all over the world) because otherwise the game looks desolate. Whereas in wvw you only need enough players to support a full popcap 24/7.

thats why I still believe pve server and wvw servers should be separate up to a point that a large guild can itself get its own wvw-‘server’ to compete against less organized servers or other guilds. the number of wvw servers in no way has to be equal to the number of pve servers. just think how awesome it would be, if your guild could have their own borderlands and start climbing up the ladder.

if the wvw queues are getting to high, anet could add a new server and people could join without having to leave their friends on their pve server.

in WvW

Posted by: nidwin.6731

nidwin.6731

Remove tag EU/US and put all servers in the same Pool. This will have the result that peeps are going to transfer soon or later and we’ll have W vs W 24 hours around the clock on a lot of servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Aedgyth.4790

Aedgyth.4790

The solution is simple.

There is no reason that a W3 world has to correspond with a PvE server -

So simply create some more W3 servers that people can join.

Let people from high population W3 servers tfr to them. That way, they can maintain the number servers as they have (51) – and just add new W3 servers when all the current ones have queues.

So you could end up with all 51 servers – but say 60 W3 homeworlds for example – or 51 servers and 40 W3 Homeworlds (if some are suffering due to low pops). Make it so you can tfr PvE servers – but not W3 servers so that there is no hopping to winning servers – you need to fight it out on your W3 server to compete.

in WvW

Posted by: buzzkapow.8465

buzzkapow.8465

The solution is right in front of you. There are servers without queues. Move to those one if you don’t like sitting in queue. Until every server has a queue full-tim, or close to, don’t expect Anet to change that.

in WvW

Aedgyth.4790

The solution is right in front of you. There are servers without queues. Move to those one if you don’t like sitting in queue. Until every server has a queue full-tim, or close to, don’t expect Anet to change that.

We don’t expect them to change it anytime soon – which is why the low pop servers will continue to lose players and the high pop ones continue to gain them. Why anyone would think any different after almost a month of seeing the reality is amusing.

Not until AN disable tfrs to servers with queues of an hour, will you see Alliances and guilds willing to move at the moment – else they have no guarantee they will not be in the exact same position a few weeks down the line.

in WvW

buzzkapow.8465

I was just stating that, Instead of having extra servers/maps for servers that have high queues, Anet has told you to move servers. I agree, Anet needs to stop the transfers to the servers that have high queues. Eventually, everybody who transferred to HoD/SBI/SQ/ET will get sick of waiting in queue for 2 hours and transfer off.

in WvW

Posted by: Dovstar.9145

Dovstar.9145

The issue is ArenaNet are not providing any mechanism for guild transfers……if you tranfer you char has to do it and you loose ALL guild upgrades, we need a mechanism by which you dont get peanalised for moving ( and this also saves arenanet’s game from crashing)

ArenaNet needed to address this sooner and it looks like by the OPS calulations that the person responsible for working out the numbers of WvW players per server clearley was not good at math….

the FoW server is almost completley dead due to people moving to better servers….please you are welcome to come to FOW…..currently we hold 3 Points in the WHOLE WvW map ( not just EB)

COME to FoW

in WvW

Aedgyth.4790

will get sick of waiting in queue for 2 hours and transfer off.

Wish it was only 2 hours – can be up to 6 hours in off peak times on HoD (the annoying thing is sometimes it can be near instant – so the queue system needs fixing as well).

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

“transfer to low pop servers”

No kitten sherlock?

The person who started this topic is from a medium population server (initially the most deserted server in EU, now with 2h queus in wvw in prime time) and if you belive low servers magically have no queues at all you are deluded. Its just differenceis from 6 hours in prime time on top servers to 2 hours at medium and 1 hour at low. With population spreading out, queues on medium and low servers will get worse (already happening.).

The issues is as stated: too little servers, too many players per server, too little players from server that can join in wvw simultaneously.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

in WvW

buzzkapow.8465

the issue isn’t “We want more players in our maps, or more maps” the problem is “I have queues, and don’t want them…. tear

Anet has already said if you don’t want to be in a queue for WvWvW, transfer to a server without queue times!! Not Low Pop, Low Queue Times!!

And seriously, it’s QUEUES, not QUES. That will be all.

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

the issue isn’t “We want more players in our maps, or more maps” the problem is “I have queues, and don’t want them…. tear

Anet has already said if you don’t want to be in a queue for WvWvW, transfer to a server without queue times!! Not Low Pop, Low Queue Times!!

And seriously, it’s QUEUES, not QUES. That will be all.

Are you on low pop server? Do you have no queue times? Do you even have an idea of what you talk about?

Arena answer was basically “let them eat cakes!”.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

in WvW

buzzkapow.8465

Actually, i have no idea what the population is like on my server, but i imagine we’re high/full. And there are many times, even in Prime Time, when not all the maps have queues.

I know precisely what i’m talking about. ArenaNet’s answer is the only answer players will accept. If you want something else done, they could always force population balances across all servers, so that queue times and such were the same across the board. But then, the players would be crying foul.

so in short, “And eat it too!”

The players put themselves into this position. Whether you intentionally went to a server with a large WvW community so you could “win”, or if you just happen to be there. ArenaNet has given you a way to get out. Don’t expect them to start giving you more maps or more people per map. Everybody would continue to flock to the top ranked servers and just play on the bigger/new maps.

Don’t like the solution Anet has given you? Don’t complain. That’s what the rest of us have been told when we give our 2 cents about trying to even things out

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

IKShadow, arenanet has no reason to add servers until the last servers they added start getting some serious wvw queue’s.

How is adding more servers that people arnt going to transfer to going to help at all?

Just too many people cry about their guild upgrades which you can get the important ones back in under a week, while having nonstop fun in wvw with no queues.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

(edited by Draygo.9473)

in WvW

Posted by: Mr Girly Man.6893

Mr Girly Man.6893

Never seen a queue. Whats it like? Must suck to not be able to play WvW whenever you want. Kaineng fo’ life!

in WvW

buzzkapow.8465

I want to go check Kaineng out.. those guys just sound like fun to hang out with.

in WvW

Posted by: Nethres.7168

Nethres.7168

Lower populated servers get a buff similar to Outmanned to try to have more people populate them?

What?

in WvW

Posted by: Corinne.1724

Corinne.1724

So according to ANet, we only have 2 options.
1. Play in an empty server without queues so you will be outmanned in WvW.
2. Play in a server with good population but with at least 2 hours queue.

Really poor customer care if ANet only offer this to their players.

in WvW

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

They only thing ANet could do to solve this issue is to add additional maps for WvW in the future, which I hope they do. Give players more options in map layout and objectives, give us underwater and sea battles, give us deserts to fight in (and storms) etc. Well, I don’t mean to speak for everyone really, but I don’t think anyone would be against additional maps in WvW to increase the population.

Didn’t even need to go that far, simply make a second layer (like overflow) for WvW.
Current situation is stupid, my guild claimed a keep yesterday, we spent money on improvements, went to sleep, now can’t join wvw to enjoy our upgrades, defend that keep or even reclaim it if it was lost overnight, basically we spent close enough to 1 gold on upgrades, maybe more, (and we had like only 1/4 of total upgrades, imagine if we had fully upgraded) and now we’re kept out of it.

WvW needs a lot of reworking to get rid of the queues otherwise it will be another one of the “end game” things we don’t get to do, along with dungeons that actually reward you for your time…

in WvW

Posted by: Ascleph.2147

Ascleph.2147

Its a player issue, the only thing Arenanet can do is close transfers to the worlds with stupid queues.

in WvW

Posted by: ravic.3742

ravic.3742

The only solution would be to dynamically create new borderlands based on the number of people waiting in queue. However, then you would have people complaining about being outnumbered.

Khaej – 80 Norn Engineer
Ouroboros Protocol [OP] – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

server population is not WvW population. My server is low pop with WvW queue times. Anet can’t do much about that.

in WvW

Posted by: Matt Witter.6982

Matt Witter.6982

Game Designer

Hi everyone!
I wanted to let those wondering know; we are racing to reduce the queue times. We are gathering as much data as we can on this situation and looking at multiple ways to get even more people into WvW. We are absolutely amazed at the amount of people wanting to get into WvW, and will do everything in our power to ensure that everyone that wants to play can play. While I’m not able to say exactly what our plans are at this time, many options are on the table and we are working quickly to get the most viable options into development.

in WvW

Posted by: ravic.3742

ravic.3742

It’s your fault for making WvW so much fun! Shame on you!

In all seriousness, though, I hope you guys can come up with a good solution to the queue issues without compromising the essence of WvW. I know it will be tough, but I have faith in you!

Khaej – 80 Norn Engineer
Ouroboros Protocol [OP] – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Also without making it so that servers without queues get punished even more, last thing we need to be up against is 200+ man zergs at this point.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Ness.3846

Ness.3846

The first solution is very easy!

Close migration to full servers, and leave only the possibility to migrate to servers that require people! we already have a minimum of return to equilibrium.

Tell us what battlefields least queue and Tell us an estimate of the waiting time, we are tired of waited for hours without information.

(edited by Ness.3846)

in WvW

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

The first solution is very easy!

Close migration to full servers, and leave only the possibility to migrate to servers that require people! we already have a minimum of return to equilibrium.

Tell us what battlefields least queue and Tell us an estimate of the waiting time, we are tired of waited for hours without information.

^This.

If guilds or friends want to play together, and many of them are on a high pop server, then they all can all just migrate to a lower pop server and be done with it.

People may whine about this, but there is honestly no reason to. You can still play with all your buddies, you just have to ALL come to a lower pop server.

I think it is the best long-term option.

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

in WvW

Posted by: Dovstar.9145

Dovstar.9145

Hi everyone!
I wanted to let those wondering know; we are racing to reduce the queue times. We are gathering as much data as we can on this situation and looking at multiple ways to get even more people into WvW. We are absolutely amazed at the amount of people wanting to get into WvW, and will do everything in our power to ensure that everyone that wants to play can play. While I’m not able to say exactly what our plans are at this time, many options are on the table and we are working quickly to get the most viable options into development.

at least ArenaNet actually answer posts and concerns………….top man

blizzard are like blood and stone scenario….

in WvW

Posted by: Pherenice.8124

Pherenice.8124

Hi everyone!

People do not lose faith in this company, they deliverd the best mmo ever made and continue to keep it that way even if they have your money.

I think no1 ever saw this comming, not even Nostradamus could have predicted the amount of people wanting to play WvW with these absurd numbers

Matt can you shed some light on when the free transfers are going to end ?

As of now people just seem to jump their (sinking ship) and join fully packed servers that contain an already massive population interested in WvW.

Thanks for dropping by <3

Also you guys must be going nuts overthere !!!

in WvW

Posted by: MilkInBags.5136

MilkInBags.5136

Just change server. I’m on Anvil Rock and never have queues longer than 5 minutes. If you are complaining about queue times, you should actually complain about free server transfers to high pop servers beforehand.

Isle of Janthir | Defenders of Heroism [Hero] | Elementalist

(edited by MilkInBags.5136)

in WvW

Posted by: Vanisher.9216

Vanisher.9216

Funny thing is, there isn’t even queue on losing servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

I was not aware 100% of players were queued for WvW 24/7. That is what you’re using in your ‘math’ here, right?

As someone else said, it’s easy to whine, another to offer constructive criticism. The only thing they can do is add more maps, which would take time. Queues on Blackgate have not been bad even during peak time, and even when they are over ten minutes wait, I doubt even a couple hours queue would be enough to make people leave the game entirely. Let’s not exaggerate, there’s enough of that on gaming forums already.

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Then what do you suggest Anet does to improve this? Whining is easy, providing constructive criticism is hard.

Allowing more players per map? Lolno, those maps are already cramped as it is.
“Instancing the maps”? Lolno, that would destroy the whole WvW thing.
Providing an alternative for non-80’s? Now we are getting somewhere…
AFK removal system and less mining nodes is also an idea…

I get so tired when I read people’s posts, DEMANDING stuff from Anet without providing anything constructive.

I am sorry but he didn’t demand anything. He said its something to consider because people are getting fed up.

Please read and comprehend the entire post before ranting about how tired you are of people demanding things, when that wasn’t even what happened.

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

Today, many game developers learned that 10 years of people saying “Nobody likes PvP. PvE games are more popular” was merely the result of bad design and poor insight.

Once someone actually made a halfway decent PvP offering, you can’t even get in the door.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: Kryptorchid.7620

Kryptorchid.7620

I think part of the solution to queue times is pretty obvious, and it is something The Secret World has done, and the infrastructure already exists in GW2:

1. Combine the PvE aspect of the game so everyone on every server plays in the same world, and use multiple overflow servers to handle the combined populations. 100% open access and interaction for everyone in the game.

2. Make WvW “teams” instead of “servers.” ArenaNet should use their data to compile the maximum size of a WvW Team (say 5,000 players?), and allow the players to choose the team they want to be on. Maybe even give guilds a priority so they can organize on the same team.

in WvW

IKShadow.4582

Thanks for official reply, I hope you wont squeeze even more players on same map’s as it feels a bit overcrowded even now.

in WvW

Posted by: MilkInBags.5136

MilkInBags.5136

2. Make WvW “teams” instead of “servers.” ArenaNet should use their data to compile the maximum size of a WvW Team (say 5,000 players?), and allow the players to choose the team they want to be on. Maybe even give guilds a priority so they can organize on the same team.

Oh god, no.

Isle of Janthir | Defenders of Heroism [Hero] | Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

WvW = fun! Probably the best part of the game (and that’s saying a lot).

Can we get an “overflow” WvW server where we team with random other WvW players while we wait in queue for our homeworld WvW ranked point match? Basically, a pseudo-PvP flagged map with objectives where you can learn maps/strategy/and do what we want to do, PvP. Just remove the countdown/point clock.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

in WvW

Posted by: Eli Stormstrike.8637

Eli Stormstrike.8637

1. Remove WvW as a part of the World Completion achievement, so people don’t fill up queues and run around doing non-PvP-related activities.

2. Increase Karma Rewards in PvE and decrease them in WvW, so that rewards are somewhat balanced and people don’t feel compelled to zerg around capping and defending in WvW to farm for their legendaries or PvE gear.

3. Incentivize server transfers so that server populations are spread somewhat evenly, don’t penalize guilds by stripping them of their upgrades and influence, for example, and ensure low-population servers always have a low or free transfer cost when transferring from high-pop servers.

4. Remove crafting nodes and institute some form of faster AFK removal system.

5. Make the Eternal Battlegrounds jumping puzzle a non-PvP area, e.g give everyone the starting area “Determined” buff, and compensate for this through automated traps perhaps, in part to discourage camping and griefing, in part to ensure people who are in WvW just for the puzzle finish it fast and move on to join the battle or leave WvW to allow others to come in.

6. Create a separate WvW level bracket for players between 1-79 and one for max level players, this will ensure a more balanced playing field for both groups, as low level players tend to get steamrolled despite being boosted, whilst queues are further reduced.

7. Establish a queue option that automatically queues us for the map with the lowest queue time, and allow us to see a map of WvW before queue’ing up.

8. Implement the Alliance System we had in Guild Wars 1, and create some form of Alliance vs. Alliance or GvG format, to allow guilds and alliances to battle eachother in some form of large-scale PvP format, though perhaps in a smaller map, e.g limited to the Eternal Battlegrounds, as this might decrease queues aswell, though disorganization might commence as organized groups in regular WvW will be lacking.

in WvW

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

I think part of the solution to queue times is pretty obvious, and it is something The Secret World has done, and the infrastructure already exists in GW2:

1. Combine the PvE aspect of the game so everyone on every server plays in the same world, and use multiple overflow servers to handle the combined populations. 100% open access and interaction for everyone in the game.

Obvious Fix = Completely remake huge parts of the game

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

I’m okay with all but 6 and 8. WvWvW should be available to an entire server, and there shouldn’t be separate WvWvW just for 80s or guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: Sairenkao.6485

Sairenkao.6485

I think if we just remove WvW from monthly achievements, it will reduce the queue size to WvW by at least 1… xD

in WvW

Posted by: Mug.9403

Mug.9403

The only thing stopping people from all being on 3 or 4 servers (or even 1) is the queue. Lowering this somehow without thinking will make this happen.

Right now you can transfer immediately, you should get one immediate transfer every 24 hours. After that there should be a wait, this solves other problems.

Then they should say they are stopping ALL free transfers in a random time period, something like 2 to 7 days. They should also mention that they will not be able to get more people into wvw until well after that time.

This will force people and guilds to make a choice… one that is needed.

After a period, they could open up free transfers to certain servers with lower wvw populations for a small window. You get one transfer, then that’s it.

If you aren’t happy at that point, you got to make your own bed! yay!

No, I don’t care that you lose all of your guild stuff (we did) and we rebuilt it, it goes way fast at higher levels.

in WvW

Posted by: Eclipses.7152

Eclipses.7152

They must figure out a way to gift influence to guilds who transfer. Giving them a one time tome of influence that will enable them to get the vast majority of their upgrades back. This is easy to imPlement and would go a long way to getting guilds to solve this issue for themselves.

Eclipses
The Royal Guard – http://theroyalguardclan.enjin.com
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Richard.8207

Richard.8207

Matt Witter,

Thank you! While there is always something to complain about in such a complex game, you guys really have been doing an awesome job rolling out fixes at breakneck speed.

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

I still don’t get why guild influence can’t just work cross-server. Guild want to move? Guild is already set up and exactly where it left off. Even better, there could probably be a small free gem store “compensation” mail to encourage transferring to a low population server.

in WvW

Posted by: bantoss.1542

bantoss.1542

Kaineng. No server qeue. Just transfer over there. Honestly who cares if you lose guild influence, you’ll be back up again in a few days.

TGOG