WvW Quality of Life Suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Although I realize I may be in a minority here, I’d like to see WvW designed more in a strategic, capture-points-centric manner. Many WvW players play “for the fights” in a way that attempts to turn every map into a huge PvP deathmatch. What I find is that these players are the most vocal about not getting scores for killing, despite the fact that the game mode was never designed to depend on killing as the primary scoring mechanism (that’s what sPvP is for). Personally, I think most of these players aren’t good enough at fighting to excel in sPvP and use WvW as a way to feel better about playing PvP the way they do; but, as long as we’re all having fun, that’s the real point.

WvW should be a strategic wargame, not an excuse to exploit the ability to zerg-up and feel like you’re contributing whether you are or not.

Also, though it wouldn’t be intuitive for PvE or PvP players, I’d like all WvW rewards to be directly associated with the relative amount of effort each individual player has expended in each encounter. This means that if you do 500 damage on a random player while you’re in a massive zerg that is steamrolling through soloists and small parties, you get what you’ve earned (a minuscule reward for minimal effort), while if you’re a soloist who takes down a 3 player party you also get what you earned (large reward for overcoming greater odds). This could be based on the metadata that’s already regularly collected to support the game or the same metrics that scale NPCs.

WvW doesn’t need to be a huge PvP arena because sPvP is designed for PvP. WvW, like PvE, needs to maintain its uniqueness. Part of that uniqueness is making the way WvW plays more Warhammer tabletop and less Unreal Tournament.

Although I can understand where you’re coming from, I will have to completely disagree. Trying to turn WvW into an actual strategy games (RTS) has quite a few short falls that I don’t think you could overcome (Since Players are your warrior models, you don’t have good enough control over numbers, quality, directing them where needed, cooperation, or them even doing anything you want at all etc).

It would essentially have to work like an old RTS game called “Majesty”, where you basically have to bribe mercenaries to get anything done at all. And I personally have no interest at all in playing a Strategy game :p I’d prefer the more casual open world pvp style it already has.

Wouldn’t mind seeing rewards scale depending on how many there are around you though. 80 people run down 1 roamer, well thats a loot bag divided 1/80. Enjoy your 2 copper.

But honestly the main reason I responded to this post was: Seriously, you’re bringing up WARHAMMER tabletop game as an example of a strategy game ?! :p Oh man that is all kinds of kittened up. I gave up that stuff because GW couldn’t write a decent rule-set if the entire earth’s survival depended on it! (Switched to WarMachine instead, they got pretty good rules!)

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

They even have one Commander account that is shared between 6 people so theis account is on 20 hrs a day – they brag about this on other forums.

Say what? I play on JQ and have never heard of this. Please back up your claim by naming names.

Are you talking about Cloud Fly? If so, that is false. He definitely plays for extended hours and doesn’t account share – I can hear it is the same person on TS.

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Add back the crafting stations to the home borderland.
They can’t have effected the population that much (and if they were, Anet needs to redo/think how they’re counting the populations), let alone the queues (more had to be using the borderland for the free portal to LA than just using the crafting stations..

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

They even have one Commander account that is shared between 6 people so theis account is on 20 hrs a day – they brag about this on other forums.

Say what? I play on JQ and have never heard of this. Please back up your claim by naming names.

Are you talking about Cloud Fly? If so, that is false. He definitely plays for extended hours and doesn’t account share – I can hear it is the same person on TS.

If that is true, he sold his account. When I was on JQ Cloudfly and he was on TS he had an interpreter that relayed his commands. In map/team chat it was always macros he spammed. He spoke Mandarin Chinese and extremely broken English.

Just before I left prior to Season 2, his play style and communication was changing. This was leading to a lot of people thinking he was sharing his account.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

1. Build Saver
2. Build Saver
3. Build Saver
& last but not least,
4. Build Restore

but Raolin is right.

Small correction to make the saves useful

• Squad only commander tags, visible on the map to only those in the squad.

and other commanders!

Other things I would like:

• Increase visibility of commanders to all WvW-Maps. E.g. Such that you can see the (public visible) commander is currently on Homelands while your on EB.
  • You can buy 1 Tournament Ticket for 1 WEXP Rank Point, such that You can buy a Mist-forget hero weapon for 300 WEXp-Ranks.
  • Add a (PvE) title <current WEXP-rank> that shows your WEXP-title instand of the PvE-titles.
  • All gliding for movement only (if You come close to an enemy wall You Crash or the the Archer Guards 1-hit you.
  • replace the red Commander Tag with something better visible for a red/green color-blind on the mostly green/brown Maps.
  • put the Name of the sie Controlling an objective into the tooltip, After Reset I often mix up colors (and some ownership colors in EotM sems to be wrong)
  • add an Option to the Cooper-salvage-o-mat to automatically scrap all white, blue and green items
  • add an option to auto-destroy green and yellow runes/sigils for 50% NPC-sellprice
Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: overrandom.2536

overrandom.2536

• replace the red Commander Tag with something better visible for a red/green color-blind on the mostly green/brown Maps.

Yes!! But it absolutely must be optional because us color blind folk are the minority.

With such a “color-blind WvW” option, can I suggest the following?
- Option to replace team colors with shapes or patterns on the map. For example, “red” team owned camps are square whereas “blue” team owned camps are triangle.
- Option to replace commander tag color with different shapes (as well as patterns instead of colors so they don’t clash with, for example, green on the map)

The commander tag color is an issue I find more prevalent on the EotM map, because a large chunk of the map is brown, which causes red, green, and brown tags to be very hard to see.

Commanders that use the yellow tag are gods. Thank you for being visible.

Rikard Mathiassen
Anderthian Box [ABox]
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

My 2 cents:

• More visible Commander Tag
  • Add a Green Commander Tag
  • Add a visible AoE ring to Mortar shots/Incendiary shots
  • Shave certain traits/runes that proc shared boons such as Protection, Resistance
  • Add a feature to instantly unlock all world ability points if you have enough points
  • Wider access to Ascended gear/trinkets via Badges of Honor, Proofs of Heroics, Memories of Battle etc
  • Revert the change to boon-stripping; make it so that boons such as Stability, Resistance are prioritised first
  • Reduce visual screen clutter; optional feature to remove all pet, minion nameplates
  • Add a feature/hotkey to cycle through siege build sites
  • Allow friendly green ‘HP bars’ to be visible at all times
  • Make WvW Reward Track stay on the same reward track you previously completed instead of swapping to a random(?) one
  • Add Build Templates

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Reduce the cost of the commander’s compendium. Sometimes it would be nice to have more people who have it available so they could in fact tag up if there is no tag on map, or alternatively tag up when a commander has run for hours on end and asks for a replacement. It’s usually like, ‘man, I’m super tired just ran for ‘x’ hours, can someone please take over for me?’ crickets

I know many people have a tag, but many don’t use it and 300g is a large barrier for newer players who are coming into the game. It used to be 100g, and while that was alot, it was somewhat doable. Example … I play roughly 4 hours a night, i make roughly 10-15g (dailies included). In theory it should take me half a month to a month to get one. However, I spend about 10g a day on food, oil, and prints + mats for upgrading those prints. So if I average a 5g/day profit while playing my game mode … it would take me 60 days @ 4 hours a night… which is more like a job. Of course there are more expenses, guild donations are one that cuts into it. So realistically it would be saving gold for about 3 months solid play time (forget any RL items to take a day off).

Rather see more because there are many commanders who simply won’t tag because they are tired of herding the sheep, and it leads to less activity in general. I know, in my early days I would pop on, check the map see if there is a tag on map, if not … skip to next map or switch to a character more suited for roaming, and roaming alone bores me over time. I enjoy the community aspect of the game, and chatting with my server mates while working together.

Aside from that build templates, can vote enough for… but I see it as more a pipe dream and won’t hold me breath.

Reward track for just gold… the clutter is real and many people just don’t even bother collecting loot anymore because all the tiny bits that accumulate very fast.

in WvW

Hexinx.1872

Crap … I forgot …

HoT stat ascended trinkets (amulet, ring, accessory).

that is all.

in WvW

Posted by: MrFluffy.9307

MrFluffy.9307

The best part about world vs world is the fights. Organized groups will intentionally hit structures with the intent to fight the defending server group. I believe it would be in the best interest of everyone to move the game towards more and more fight oriented scenarios.

I have an idea, take it or leave it: Include a gold generating treasury chest that is held in the center of every objective, with bigger objectives carrying bigger chests. The gold generating treasury chest will give rewards like gold, ectoplasm, and maybe even gems if it’s held long enough. The longer it’s held the more rewarding it is to hold it, creating an ongoing incentive to defend and attack. If it is captured, the enemy server who captured it can loot the treasury for valuable items like gold, rares, etc. However, once a treasury gets looted the looting rewards get reset, to prevent people from farming a treasury over and over again. And to prevent people from bandwagoning to the winning server, the 2nd place server gets to loot a treasury 2x, while the 3rd place server gets to loot it 3×. This creates an incentive to keep playing even while losing, while also creating an incentive for guild groups to transfer to losing servers for the extra reward multiplier.

The game needs more ways to create fights among servers, because in the end WvW is only fun when we actually have people to play against.

Hi

in WvW

Hexinx.1872

In that scenario, wouldn’t a server just wait until the treasury is at max level/capacity before they take it out? Not like you’d waste your looting on a small chest, when you can just hold off on the objective and wait till you max the rewards from your loot multiplier. I love the idea btw … m mind is already trying to take advantage of it.

in WvW

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

Can we add a “standard characters model” for WvW just like Anet did in PvP? Due to circumstances I have to play on the lowest settings and it’s impossible to read player skill telegraphs because they don’t show up on the lowest quality setting.

in WvW

Posted by: Raolin Soulherder.3195

Raolin Soulherder.3195

1. Build Saver
2. Build Saver
3. Build Saver
& last but not least,
4. Build Restore

but Raolin is right.

Small correction to make the saves useful

well yea, that’s implied. what else would I do with them, put them in a scrapbook? xD

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

If that is true, he sold his account. When I was on JQ Cloudfly and he was on TS he had an interpreter that relayed his commands. In map/team chat it was always macros he spammed. He spoke Mandarin Chinese and extremely broken English.

Just before I left prior to Season 2, his play style and communication was changing. This was leading to a lot of people thinking he was sharing his account.

He still speaks Mandarin or Cantonese (?) and broken English. He still spams macros.

I’ve been in WvW since the early days when Cloud was pugmanding and it is definitely the same guy now as it was in the early days.

It’s not unexpected that such someone so popular on JQ would be subject to baseless rumours from other servers or jealous egos that want to bring him down.

If these “people” you talk of have proof of account sharing/selling then post it up otherwise you should probably not spread their baseless rumours any further.

As for his style changing, that is to be expected. People learn/adapt and become better at games and their style changes. My style is significantly different to when I first started WvW.

TL;DR – Post some evidence or stop spreading baseless rumours from these mysterious “people”

in WvW

Posted by: perseco.8321

perseco.8321

I would like to see the Mistforged Hero weapons have their designs updated and re-released into WvW as legendary weapons. Acquiring these would require certain achievements to be completed, require a minimum WvW rank of 1000, and require a certain amount of mystic clovers and obsidian shards, which you can now get from WvW reward tracks. These would be account bound on acquire.

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

• Gold Only Reward Track
    • No boxes, no boxes within boxes, no mid screen popups, no flashing icons, just cash into the wallet
    • Repeatable
    • Stays active until player clicks Reactivate on some other track
Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Woop S.7851

Woop S.7851

- please re-focus from siege polls to enhancing “WvW team gameplay/tactics”
- add a join squad UI/button when players enter a WvW map or enhance party UI
- fix player “stuck” bug during combat, seems to trigger after a dodge roll while fighting enemy zerg, player has to swap to 2nd weapon set in order to “unstuck”
- players in sub-groups needs their name a different color other than “blue”
- “find group” tool hidden under friends list, should be together with party/commander menu (top left corner) of UI
- need option to allow sub-commander leads in squads to capture camps simultaneously
- lieutenants need an indicator or tag beside their names
- display “squad sub-group” health bars so team mates will care
- build templates like what others said above
- give veterans a reason to come back again
(screenshots below)

Attachments:

(edited by Woop S.7851)

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

• Build saver
  • Add all the names of all servers in linking somewhere. On the overview map, on the keep, in the nameplate… somewhere.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Although I realize I may be in a minority here, I’d like to see WvW designed more in a strategic, capture-points-centric manner. Many WvW players play “for the fights” in a way that attempts to turn every map into a huge PvP deathmatch. What I find is that these players are the most vocal about not getting scores for killing, despite the fact that the game mode was never designed to depend on killing as the primary scoring mechanism (that’s what sPvP is for). Personally, I think most of these players aren’t good enough at fighting to excel in sPvP and use WvW as a way to feel better about playing PvP the way they do; but, as long as we’re all having fun, that’s the real point.

WvW should be a strategic wargame, not an excuse to exploit the ability to zerg-up and feel like you’re contributing whether you are or not.

Also, though it wouldn’t be intuitive for PvE or PvP players, I’d like all WvW rewards to be directly associated with the relative amount of effort each individual player has expended in each encounter. This means that if you do 500 damage on a random player while you’re in a massive zerg that is steamrolling through soloists and small parties, you get what you’ve earned (a minuscule reward for minimal effort), while if you’re a soloist who takes down a 3 player party you also get what you earned (large reward for overcoming greater odds). This could be based on the metadata that’s already regularly collected to support the game or the same metrics that scale NPCs.

WvW doesn’t need to be a huge PvP arena because sPvP is designed for PvP. WvW, like PvE, needs to maintain its uniqueness. Part of that uniqueness is making the way WvW plays more Warhammer tabletop and less Unreal Tournament.

Wvw is strategic and capture point and pvp combat… Not sure what you are getting at honestly. Do you want zero combat and only to capture circles for hours?

Seems you don’t like mmo pvp, so there are a plethora of strategy war games out there for you to play.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Hexinx.1872

…snip…

That was a very well written draft that communicated a good way to improve the squad capabilities, as well as improve the sub groups ability to stick closer together. One thing I find annoying, even in a 15 man run … is everyone is blue… so trying to find the exact location of my party members during the battle is more or less … ‘well they all better be on the pin and not squirreling’

I think a change like this could actually improve squads to a point where squads would be more willing to break off ‘group 2 go umber, group 4 go sentry and watch for inc, the rest on durios’ …

I know it would also still help large groups, but I’ve always found it annoying that i can’t see my party members during fights. I can see there health bars dropping when say someone gets focused, and I want to support them or close in for a quick res, but with the current system, the only one who really benefits is the commander.

I think it would also improve the overall skill level of players over time as they get used to working as a party/team within a squad instead of everything at pin and if your 15 feet off you SoL. Sometimes that guy who is 15 feet off is in desperate need of a water or heal, or prot for some sustain NOT when the commander needs it.

Nice suggestion.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

how bout WvW mastery or reward track that enables the use of in game voice chat since merges got every servers’ own voice comm got mixed up with different pips,
or even gem store item worth 25,000 gems that enables it if it has to ………….lel

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

(edited by Norbe.7630)

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

1. on my list – inventory management. Bags are fine. The number of types of bags/chests is not. Junk loot – no thanks.

Stick everything into a generic WvW bag type (there is one already and just put the other stuff (rare/green/blue/white/grey) regularly found into it as well). That would help immensely.

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

1. Build Saver
2. Build Saver
3. Build Saver

& last but not least,

4. Build Saver

This ANet, YES PLEASE!

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

My QoL: Something other than Obs shards in the big, end of track reward boxes.

First of all, I love the reward tracks. My issue here is the excess number of obsidian shards I have as a result. They pop up all over the place! I’m not suggesting they be removed, so please don’t see this as that, I’m merely suggesting that we be allowed to choose from something else when we accept the big box at the end of the track. Maybe amalgamated gemstones, or any of the other HoT gemstones like pearls/diamonds/moonstone/etc.

Just a thought. This would let us select a reward that actually goes towards whatever we may be working on at the time, rather than something we may have no use for. Of course, if you need shards, you’d still be able to get them.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Korgov.7645

how bout WvW mastery or reward track that enables the use of in game voice chat since merges got every servers’ own voice comm got mixed up with different pips,
or even gem store item worth 25,000 gems that enables it if it has to ………….lel

In-game voice chat needs a lot of development while there are perfectly good voice applications out there. A TS plugin which uses GW2 API to grant access would be a lot less development.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Hexinx.1872

I thought there is one already. We use API keys to verify users and grant access to our comms.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Dwarven playable race unlocked at rank 1000.

Dwarven style seige.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Allow us to make superior siege in the MF 10 or more at a time. 1 at a time is just painful when you go through a stack per day.

Osu

in WvW

Norbe.7630

In-game voice chat needs a lot of development while there are perfectly good voice applications out there. A TS plugin which uses GW2 API to grant access would be a lot less development.

yah…but…
do all wvw players use external voice comm while on squad, no
do all commanders use voice comm while pugmanding, no

imagine they are forced (built in) to interact, listen, learn from other WvWers, would that development bear its fruit of accomplishment for them and or us?

external app voice comm is ok for a scheduled event(WvW) like time based, but this one is a 24/7 mode

i myself dont use TS, Vent, or even yahoo messager that much cuz those voice apps are boring, while commanding i use camfrog instead, but then again nobody follows me when they install it, cuz they prefer camfrog instead of WvW specially when they hear the words “all eyes”

Gate of Madness

(edited by Norbe.7630)

in WvW

Posted by: Elarius.4620

Elarius.4620

Enable Gliding in Obsidian Sanctum, and have it function perhaps as a puzzle arena like the guild hall’s.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Actually, in general WvW, instead of gliding, how about a parachute ? So we at least don’t jump over edges and expect to survive etc, while in reality we pummel to our Wily-E-Coyote impersonation 101 crash course.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: jbolene.4352

jbolene.4352

either make all the worlds have partners or none of them, this some do and some don’t is just unfair

in WvW

Korgov.7645

• Change the red commander tag color to something move visible when surrounded by enemies: orange, white or cyan
  • Remove quartermaster and siege vendor NPCs from supply depots – they sometimes block picking up supplies
  • Remove F-key interaction from guard NPCs – they sometimes block using siege or repairing
Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Korgov.7645

yah…but…
do all wvw players use external voice comm while on squad, no
do all commanders use voice comm while pugmanding, no

imagine they are forced (built in) to interact, listen, learn from other WvWers, would that development bear its fruit of accomplishment for them and or us?

external app voice comm is ok for a scheduled event(WvW) like time based, but this one is a 24/7 mode

i myself dont use TS, Vent, or even yahoo messager that much cuz those voice apps are boring, while commanding i use camfrog instead, but then again nobody follows me when they install it, cuz they prefer camfrog instead of WvW specially when they hear the words “all eyes”

The word forced has a bad ring to it. Commanders telling people to go TS with a whiny undertone rather distance players from using it. Show example, show benefits and players will be more inclined to listen. For example move all TS users in a different sub squad and players will see that sub squad surviving while others die a lot.

Yes, in-game voice chat would attract more players to listen in – even if the voice was off by default in game options. Some would find it useful and become permanent users.

I still assume the development effort is too much for the benefits.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Korgov.7645

• Showing proper linked world names for player name tags, for example for Darkhaven and Ehmry, instead of only showing Darkhaven tags, it would show both to allies and enemies.

Showing actual world name for allies would make it difficult to communicate and accept them as equal partners. I assume you would still show allied character names in the chat.

Showing actual world names for enemies could be confusing: you’d be constantly guessing whether you are in a 2-way or a 3-way fight.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

• Stop having NPCs contest everything
  • Different colors for squad party members— that different shade of blue does not help
  • Make unchecking “Show all commander tags” actually work
  • Mistforged weapons and do something about those obsolete tickets
  • Allow joining squad by clicking on the tag via the minimap
  • Change tag color
  • Disable interaction completely with dead allies while in combat.
  • Stop putting NPCs near depots so I talk to them instead of getting supply
  • Put tactivators further away from other things
  • Add whitelisting for tacticators
  • Tacticator pulls should have a log entry
  • Don’t make minis visible to enemy players.
  • Autoattack for flame rams. I mean, holy crap, you go ram a fortified door for god knows how long.
  • Do something about the unstackable boxes spam for reward tracks, or make it so it’s longer before jiggly chests force themselves into your inventory… (I think it’s 10 now?).

Attachments:

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

• Build saver is a must have. Remember traits, utilities and gear. Name and Save. Recall using the hero menu while off combat. I’m not for a hotkey to switch between gear. I don’t want power-evade thieves (or mesmers or whatever) to be able to switch gear in the middle of a fight just because they can disengage easily.
  • Overall merge of WvW currencies : 3 of them is too much. Either merge them into only one, or allow to buy one currency with any other. (maybe the way the Converter works)

These are easily QoL changes that don’t involve any change in the ingame mechanics.

in WvW

Norbe.7630

I still assume the development effort is too much for the benefits.

i guess your right
but for me WvW is just a 2g daily login routine.

the population balance they’ve introduced is somewhat entertaining(you win sometimes, you lose sometimes… for weeks if you got gems)

ive missed those intense comms……
feels like watching a TI grand finals when on ZvZ
for now, even yoloing gets boring…..

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: SilentKill.9586

SilentKill.9586

-Squad Icons only is a must. Way to many players follow tags that the guild groups do not want. Either do it this way or make it a lot easier to set up squads so the leader can tag down.

-Do not bring back crafting stations in wvw ever. This should have never even been put into wvw. Way to many pve players just sit in home bl when people are needed to defend. Go to pve land that’s what its for.

-For heavens sakes wtf did you guys do to mortars? if you wanted to add damage to mortars make the burn ticks on siege not players. Siege is already bad enough. We need less siege and more players to learn to fight.

-Please reduce the 1,565,123,123,kitten ,546,000 boxes I need to open to get my 1 item. You are doing nothing by this and just kittening players off.

-The lag in game has gotten out of hand. Been playing since day 1 and most of the time the game becomes unplayable. Reduced particle effects for ccs and such would really go a long way. I really do not need to see a 75 ft tall dragon coming out of a rev to make me play wvw. Simplicity goes a long way in the gaming world.

-Bring back the orb system or something like it. Hell even the quaggans were more enjoyable than the current system for buffs. I don’t understand you fixed the bugs with the orb system and just took it out which honestly was a huge part of wvw back then.

-Oh you want to fix the boon share meta? Nerf the hell out of condis and all will be fixed. Without the stacks there is no need for boon share metas and guilds might actually start thinking again of how to run a comp.

Snoopysrevenge “They’re So Angry”
TIE Guild Leader
Mag Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Doesn’t happen often but a couple of times recently my group targetted an enemy we were moving in on during a decent fight but he was almost completely obscured by the “so and so took stonemist castle” message that appeared in the middle of my screen. I personally would like it to be changed to a chat box only notification or at least be able to toggle it off.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Map completion rewards return (just not as a requirement for the legendary)
Linked servers given different shade for assets they cap

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Display percentages for the health of walls/gates you target.

Well we can cross that one off the list now XD

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

As per this thread…
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/UI-Overlap-Pop-up-and-Reward-icon/first#post6265421

• Adjustment to the participation/reward tracks icon on the top right of the mini map. Which partially blocks the first reward chest above the map, which makes you sometimes accidentally hover over the icon and bring up the bigger participation screen above the map.

Attachments:

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Carefull with that, “must be in server X for boons or GTFO” requirement for fractals and the raid.

How the actual game works that would be a nail in its coffin.

Also that would be a huge advangate for servers that blob with numbers… and make WvW more empty at then end, more stacked server vs empty server situations, the linking sistem is already awfull, there no need to scramble it further.

And some classes would be completelly broken more than they already are…

The are already shown in the game with the wvw menu and when you hover over the wvw icon on the menu bar. Which funny enough you can’t even take a screenshot with that bonus list lol, had to use my phone to take the pic which I’ve attached.

Anyways any hardcore raiding guild might want to use those specs in their requirements, but I doubt anyone does, too many random factors to bother with it. If they really want to bother with the bonuses, raid at the end of the week when the bonuses are the strongest no matter what server you’re on. If they are even enabled within any of the instances, dungeons/fractals/raids/personal story.

My reason to have it moved to a buff to display the bonuses is to advertise for wvw, much like they do when they’re running the mist buff for wvw, or the esports buff at spvp tournament times.

The buffs have been in the game from day one, they’re just not noticeably displayed to players, or more importantly to the pve crowd that mostly play this game and benefit the most from using all those buffs. If we want new players to wvw, that’s the crowd as have to try and get them from. Maybe if we show them the buffs they get from wvw they will maybe want to take a chance and try wvw to help gain them.

If the bonuses last past the skirmish scoring changes anyways, it was mentioned it may be taken out because overall scoring will be different.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

One thing I would like to see, along with many of the changes mentioned already, is the ability to block specific accounts from pulling the tactivators. So a guild could mark a user account as unable to pull the lever, but leave the tactivator public.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Stuff that’s already been done that is great:

Portable provisioner, salvage all, new stuff to get with badges etc, all awesome changes.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

• Power of the mist rewards showed as a buff with server name and percentages, to players of that world in wvw and pve. (That’s if the rewards stay with the skirmish score changes). Perhaps if pve players see the buffs they get from wvw they may want to help in wvw more.

Yea, if you want to get a full server with some pve people only caring for “Power of the mist” and the rest to be on Raid or fractals, THATS exactly what you do. People wont help, people move where the “Mist” reward is constant since you dont need to worry about servers if you play PvE only.

in WvW

Posted by: velocity.4621

velocity.4621

build templates please T.T

Life will be easier if guardian have 25% passive movement speed.

Raavaholic | [MM] Metro Mini Transformers Founder & Leader | SEA |

in WvW

Posted by: ImNoir.5742

ImNoir.5742

Thanks for adding back access back into Citadel ^^.

Darkhaven [DW] Devine Wind

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Infusion Extractors not blocked behind Fractal Mastery.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing