WvW Queue Needs To Be Account Wide, not Character Based

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Instead of playing on my alt, I have to sit in LA doing nothing, waiting for the 2 hour queue to let me in. There is no reason why this has to be the case. Once queued, you should be able to play on any character you like, then, once you get a entry ticket, that ticket is saved and you are informed that a spot has been RESERVED for you.

Now, this does not mean that spot is now taken and blocked, it is a virtual spot. It means, that as long as you have this entry ticket, you may at any time, from any character, press the Enter WvW button (for the zone the ticket is for), and you will be placed at the beginning of the queue, and will get in first. You have already waited hours, that is your right. The entry ticked expires as soon as you use it, or if you log out the game the normal way – crashes will keep you in the queue.

If multiple people use the ticket at the same time, they will be placed at the beginning of the queue in the appropriate order. This assures, that people who waited hours, will always get in first, before those who queued in only now.

This system fixes an annoying problem. Currently, when you’re queued, and the message pops up that you may enter WvW, all you can do is enter now, or basically forfeit, and wait another 2 hours. What if you’re finishing a dragon event, or any other event, or are in a instance, doing personal story, or simply need to finish helping a friend? You waited hours, there was no way to predict what you will be doing after that time, does that mean it is right to put you back at the end? No it is wrong.

I have tested it, and indeed, if you port to WvW during an event, you LOOSE any participation in that event. I tried to finish the boss before the timer ran out, but had to press Enter WvW in last second when he was at 1% health, and I got nothing.

The current queue system is simply unfair, player-unfriendly, anti-social, and annoying. The fix is presented above, please take time to read through my wall of text and see the solution, thank you

in WvW

Posted by: Shibbi Shwing.4689

Shibbi Shwing.4689

I support this idea. +1.

Known as the Life Eater, the Soul Render, the Blood Drinker, He Who Thirsts
Shibbi Shwing – King of The Reavers – GM of [RVR] -Isle of Janthir
The Reavers – WvW Guild – www.steamcommunity.com/groups/reaversguild

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

+1 actually, sounds reasonable if you have a time limit where you have to jump in.

in WvW

Posted by: mangocheesecake.1487

mangocheesecake.1487

+1 here as well.

I wanna level them alts!!!! >_<

Terrifying Kitties | SBI | Recruiting Active Players for WvW and PvE
PM Carme, Soji, Taper, or Mrsowrd in game

in WvW

Posted by: Dimok.6187

Dimok.6187

This, and a 3-5 minute grace period if your account gets D/C’d in regards to kicking you from que/wvw would be great.

in WvW

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

I like this, but again, they need to fix both the queue bug and the glaring issue of no grace period when a player disconnects first. It’s sad that after spending several hours in queue off and on today, I’m grateful that I got in for an hour before I crashed. As I was looting two bags, to add insult to injury.

Seriously, either fix the disconnects, or give us a grace period or hey, go for broke and fix both!

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet