WvW Queues. 100+on Eb 10 or 0 on borders.

in WvW

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

We need alpine maps back, its clear no one enjoys the desert borders.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Agreed. I went to the bl today because EB was queued in the middle of the day and the bl was still empty.
The changes that were made were an improvement but the map is so fundamentally flawed that it needs to be completely redesigned to work as a bl map.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: ades.1386

ades.1386

I spent about an hour or so on the DBL the problem is roaming on it is pointless, theres to much time between objects to do anything, while you run from your spawn and grab 2 camps and some sentries (maybe a tower if you have enough people) the enemy team is over there backcapping you, or upgrading the entire north of the map, the problem is

TOWERS ARE NOT VIABLE! Lets look at EBG a small group can grab a tower then siege it up to put pressure on a keep and keep an eye on camps, the DBL have none of that towers are simply worthless land masses for xp and points, they provide no strategic positioning.

Either more them closer to keeps so they can provide some kind advantage similar to the Alpine BLs or rework them so they hold more importance. Currently it is not worth capping towers other than ppt.

Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

its clear no one enjoys the desert borders.

That sarcasm is a little misplaced… The desert map was modified and it made it much more enjoyable for some of those who didn’t enjoy it before.

That and the rewards and stability changes are kicking up a storm, as they should be.

Edit: on the off chance that wasn’t sarcasm, some servers on the EU are queued at least 20-30 on the borderlands right now.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

We need alpine maps back, its clear no one enjoys the desert borders.

First, lots of people love the deserts. I have no idea of the numbers, I just know that when I suggest that I’m alone in liking them people say, “no, you’re right — they have a lot of great stuff.”

Second, I’m not altogether sure just how many people gave them a fair shake. I was out in the D-BL when they first arrived and before the week was out, people were in EB. It took us months to figure out how to fight effectively in Alpine and months more to evolve and perfect those tactics — people expected somehow that we would reach that same level of competence within the first week of Desert.

Finally, neither of our opinions matter any longer. ANet capitulated entirely. They are bringing back Alpine just as soon as they are able. If Alpine could have been restored this week, they would have done it already.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

FWIW last night (NA) on SBI EB had a queue of 50+ and none on any of the BLs.

I went to our home BL and there were a few people around. Saw some of the changes, capped a few camps back, saw a few red dots doing the same thing. Still don’t like the map, went to EOTM to wait out the EB queue.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: expandas.7051

expandas.7051

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Until the desert BLs came into play, I rarely went to EB. I was always on the home BL defending, roaming, recapping camps, running supplies etc. Now, I want no part of that horrid dessert map.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I think players forget how EB was always queued first before Alpine borderlands.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

Many Non frequent WvW players are in EBG right now because of the new rewards.They’re probably entering the first map in the WvW map selection they see. As for the argument that ‘everyone’ hates the desert maps is stale and old. Many like the new maps.The ones that don’t ,in my opinion, are incapable of change and challenge.

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

Well, we queued ebg + home border 3 days in a row now. While 2 enemy borders were guilds only. Also desert bls got better.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Most of the annoying aspects of the desert BL are gone now. Its still strategically poor but there is really no excuse for not playing on them.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I think players forget how EB was always queued first before Alpine borderlands.

Yep lol

I prefer the old bls though for roaming, much more fun and entertaining.

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

The new bl is great . you can keep your queues in ebg.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

There is still a stigma about desert BL that probably won’t die for a long time if ever.

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

I don’t recall this ever being the case. I’ve bounced around between NA tiers 1-3 and it was always the BLs that filled up first. There’s not a server I’ve been on that didn’t designate EBG as the unofficial pug map. Not raiding with a guild? Not playing with TS? You went to EBG.

in WvW

Posted by: Flow.2947

Flow.2947

queue on eb and home bl went for roaming into the other bl and first time saw the changes in dbl.
i say good job and thy to all that staff you implemented we have some numbers back.
i think the decision of bringing ABL back was to early. The devs putted much effort into the new maps and there are good change! A bit more changes and no one will complain any more i guess.(strategic point of towers and the distance to them).

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I have fond memories of being outnumbered on home BL while EBG was queued. It really didn’t feel any different.

Today, though, there were many more people in the BLs than there have been of late even though EBG wasn’t queued. Some were old, some new—one was a friend of mine that I was showing around. He was sort of in awe with how the map looked and was disappointed to here that ‘that flat grassy thing’ was coming back. Obviously, he has no idea about how WvW actually plays, but I thought it was amusing…

in WvW

Posted by: The Ventari Ele.5812

The Ventari Ele.5812

And wait for tonight’s reset when server linking comes into play!

You think 100 queues is bad, what you think the queues are going to be like when there are 2 servers trying to get onto one map!!!

We’ll release SAB, everybody loves SAB they wont notice the lack of other updates!

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

its clear no one enjoys the desert borders.

That sarcasm is a little misplaced… The desert map was modified and it made it much more enjoyable for some of those who didn’t enjoy it before.

That and the rewards and stability changes are kicking up a storm, as they should be.

Edit: on the off chance that wasn’t sarcasm, some servers on the EU are queued at least 20-30 on the borderlands right now.

I don’t think he is being sarcastic – I mean, those maps really are so terrible that they are being outright removed. Considering all the work that went into them, they have to be provably super awful for anet to put them in the trash.

He is, in this case, spot on in his assessment that nobody likes them….and if anybody does, you wont be able to like them for much longer as they are about to be gone.

in WvW

Posted by: Decado.9304

Decado.9304

While the map pathways have been changed and it’s a much better flowing and quick map absolutely nothing will disguise the fact that it is fundamentally bad for wvw.

Before the changes there was no reason to hold any structure however now at least it’s worthwhile defending hills/Bay since a WP can now be obtained at T3.

There is no value in any tower at all, no use for them since they cannot be used as jump off points for attacks against keeps or garrison. They are pure flip/karma fodder and nothing more.

If they could bring the map closer together, make the towers strategic then I would certainly like them more. There are enough new elements and differing landscapes that it’s a shame they forgot the strategic element to map design which makes the whole thing worthwhile

And kitten the laser event for all eternity – do not bring it back

in WvW

Posted by: casantis.3106

casantis.3106

The borders are better than before but they are still crap and don´t have strategic purpose… kitten huge maps and vertical crap. We don´t go to ebg lately because is always queued, we miss so much the ABL.

Por la Razón o la Fuerza [CL]

in WvW

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Exactly, what is the point of towers if they just serve as points. The map itself uses every bit of it making it much bigger than anything else. Towers in alpine serves as staging attacks and taking it back meant better securing your stuff. Desert BL would be better if the size itself was shrunk in half, literally. The towers are massive and needs to be smaller. People, including roamers like to find fights quickly not run for hours looking for one another. The WP respawns, including all objectives themselves are too far from each other.

in WvW

Posted by: Brokenbone.8759

Brokenbone.8759

I’ve been seeing 4 queued maps often in T2, but T2 is known to be hopping.

I would not be surprised if the many many moons of negative press about the DBLs was causing anyone curious about sniffing around WvW with the new changes to ignore the DBLs and go EBG. This includes people who maybe are returning to WvW, as well as people who have never visited once but heard it’s rewarding now. Glad I like the BLs (and am down with the opening up / improvements) because that’s the only place I can likely play without braving 40+ queues.

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Have patience, Anet is working on getting the old borders back – not much we can do to affect that.

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

The new borders are alright, the problem is most commanders only tag up on EB, sometimes they border hop, but not like in the old days at least.

You still get queues to border if someone has an Open Raid, with a few other guilds, during prime, but there isn’t as many Gulds as there used to be here.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

I don’t think he is being sarcastic – I mean, those maps really are so terrible that they are being outright removed. Considering all the work that went into them, they have to be provably super awful for anet to put them in the trash.

He is, in this case, spot on in his assessment that nobody likes them….and if anybody does, you wont be able to like them for much longer as they are about to be gone.

The desert borderlands aren’t going to be removed.
As it stands now they will rotate the borderlands once each quarter.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

The Desert borderlands still suck after the changes. That map is beyond repair. The time to travel from Earth keep inner to Fire keep inner is almost twice as long compared to Garrison inner to Bay inner. Spending way too much time just traveling, less time fighting and having way too large towers + keeps and over designed complex map full of gimmicks (powers related to shrines) is NO fun.

Bring back the original maps as quickly as possible!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Djamonja.6453

Djamonja.6453

The Desert borderlands still suck after the changes. That map is beyond repair. The time to travel from Earth keep inner to Fire keep inner is almost twice as long compared to Garrison inner to Bay inner. Spending way too much time just traveling, less time fighting and having way too large towers + keeps and over designed complex map full of gimmicks (powers related to shrines) is NO fun.

Bring back the original maps as quickly as possible!

What does it take, like 2 mins? Is that really too much travel time?

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Well we had que on all borders today. And lately there been people on the homeborders and guilds fighting them. The changes to the borders already done really made a huge impact, and i still belive the alpine borders are great, but at this point the desert borders are not as bad as they were when HoT came out. Walls have been removed, barricades are gone, all waypoints works as they should with upgrades and there are easy ways to move between east and west inner of garri. Big changes that should have been there from the start, but now they are and i would love to test it more.

They said the alpine will be here soon, and then rotating and that is fine. As long as they keep on working on the desert maps until they fit the purpose of our game mode.

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

I didn’t really like ebg before hot and it never changed so I’ve spend most of my time on dbl.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I didn’t really like ebg before hot and it never changed so I’ve spend most of my time on dbl.

I get that. For a roamer, EB is hell with cancer builds. I do find better 1v1s on the bls, when I can find them, which is sorta approaching never at this point. But I feel ya, eb can tend to be a lag fest as well.