WvW Rank Reward Chest

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

“Players who gained World Rank prior to the chests being added will receive 1 additional chest per rank gained until they have received a number equal to the ranks they had gained previously.”

I don’t play much WvW, but I have gained a few ranks since they released the World Ranks patch, but I have yet to get my ‘chests’.

I was wondering if this is a bug, if others also have this problem, or if it’s content not activated yet..

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

You’ll earn one extra chest for each rank you get from now on, until the backlog is caught up.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

I just WvW leveled and received 2 chests. Each had a piece of siege, a green, and 5 badges. Currently rank 22. Extra chests are working now.

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Eyelusion.8205

Eyelusion.8205

I love that they made this backlog so we get our previous rewards going forward. They could have easily have just made it without any backlog and just gave the rewards going forward. They did the right thing rather than overwhelm the market with so many rares/ectos and other items. I’m very pleased they did it this way rather than a big fat nothing, which seems like the way most games do it these days.

I’m happy with it.

Ele’s Pwn J00!

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

ahh alright, yeah I just got a rank and see it now. RNG sucks, but I get why its in these chests. It doesn’t take much effort to gain a rank.

Thanks for the info guys!

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Anyone got something interesting? Seems like most of us are gonna get the green drops + normal prints (green drops meh, but prints me likey!)

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Well this is kind of BS for players with highish ranks, It’ll be forever before I get my back log done.

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

penatbater.4710

Well this is kind of BS for players with highish ranks, It’ll be forever before I get my back log done.

More incentive for you to continue playing? :p

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

More incentive for you to continue playing? :p

I assume forever means “two months of extra rewards for two months of playtime I had already logged if I continue to play as regularly as I did before” and BS means “I will gain many more rewards than someone who didn’t have as many WvW ranks as me”.

Gate of Madness

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

the alternatives were to either allow high-rank players to flood the market with tons of globs and whatever else all at once, or to not have any retroactive loot at all.

considering how rare it is for any game publisher to make new level rewards retroactive, I’m thankful we’re getting any at all.

“no retroactive rewards” would certainly have been the easiest-to-code solution.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Wayland.3528

Wayland.3528

Putting greens in these is minorly insulting. Either the rare > or nothing imo.

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

You can level multiple times per day, even faster now with doubled WvW exp. given. Rares as a minimum would have been too much honestly.

#TeamJadeQuarry

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: LethalxKiller.3571

LethalxKiller.3571

You can level multiple times per day, even faster now with doubled WvW exp. given. Rares as a minimum would have been too much honestly.

You still don’t get them fast enough for it to affect the economy that much so rare’s def isn’t too much to ask for.

Gun Squad [GS] – FA
Lethal Banner One (Warrior), Lethal Rektt You (Rev), Lethal Loot Bag/Lethal Rekt You (Guard)

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

You still don’t get them fast enough for it to affect the economy that much so rare’s def isn’t too much to ask for.

If you consider the number of chest per person and the number of people (especially those getting 2 chests at a time now), that’s a crapload of ectos being squirted into the system in short order. I can see why they’re doing it this way.

#TeamJadeQuarry

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: AnAltruisticEgoist.5476

AnAltruisticEgoist.5476

You’re craaazzzy man.

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: TinkTinkPOOF.9201

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

I don’t see how people can complain about getting a back log of chests, I am shocked they did it at all. And being that you get WXP from more things and even more total XP from things, leveling up will be easier than ever, I could do 2-3 ranks in a night easy, now it’s looking like 6+ a night will be doable.

6700k@5GHz | 32GB RAM | 1TB 850 SSD | GTX980Ti | 27" 144Hz Gsync

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

I`d complain about the backlog as I got sick of chasing groups/zergs just to have to flip a camp & so gave up wvws.
Having said that, the outside world is just as, actually a fair bit more, tedious, but guess I`ll just have to do without ;p

P.S. Holy kitten, you can make tonnes of gold, loots, rares, exotics etc just sitting at one wp in Southsun compared to spending what little you get in wvw

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

I`d complain about the backlog as I got sick of chasing groups/zergs just to have to flip a camp & so gave up wvws.
Having said that, the outside world is just as, actually a fair bit more, tedious, but guess I`ll just have to do without ;p

P.S. Holy kitten, you can make tonnes of gold, loots, rares, exotics etc just sitting at one wp in Southsun compared to spending what little you get in wvw

You mean.. PvE rewards are not the same as WvW?! Who would’ve thunk such a monstrosity?!!??!

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

If you consider the number of chest per person and the number of people (especially those getting 2 chests at a time now), that’s a crapload of ectos being squirted into the system in short order. I can see why they’re doing it this way.

On the flipside, consider the number of people doing world events for daily reward chests of 1-3 rare+ items per event. Rares guaranteed for each WvW rank reward chest would be a drop in the water by comparison.

And being that you get WXP from more things and even more total XP from things, leveling up will be easier than ever, I could do 2-3 ranks in a night easy, now it’s looking like 6+ a night will be doable.

Anyone can do 6+ world events for anywhere from 6-18 rares in around an hour. Greens for these WvW rank chests are terrible.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Snowreap.5174

It occurs to me that we probably don’t want people coming to WvW just to sponge off of our easy loot. let them stay in PvE where they belong.

Making loot easier to get in PvE is a good thing, because it helps ensure that the people taking up spots in WvW are the people who are really interested in WvW.

-ken

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Rising Dusk.2408

Making loot easier to get in PvE is a good thing, because it helps ensure that the people taking up spots in WvW are the people who are really interested in WvW.

It also ensures that if good WvW players want to earn gold or get cool items, they will, instead of playing WvW, go to PvE to actually feel rewarded for their time. The argument you’re making is circular and really doesn’t say anything at all.

Players should feel equally rewarded for their skills no matter what they choose to spend their time on.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

So…what happened to the ecto’s we were promised?

A dev clearly said lots of ecto’s…

So far, 14-15s, 5 BoH, a blueprint and a green every chest…no rares or better…

Am I just unlucky or were we lied to AGAIN…

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

On the flipside, consider the number of people doing world events for daily reward chests of 1-3 rare+ items per event. Rares guaranteed for each WvW rank reward chest would be a drop in the water by comparison.

And being that you get WXP from more things and even more total XP from things, leveling up will be easier than ever, I could do 2-3 ranks in a night easy, now it’s looking like 6+ a night will be doable.

Anyone can do 6+ world events for anywhere from 6-18 rares in around an hour. Greens for these WvW rank chests are terrible.

Go Farm southsun with 400+% MF.. I got 22 rares in 2 hours + exotic hammer which sold for 5G last night… And all the PvE’ers get the rewards WE earn for them in WvW without stepping foot in the Mists… just sad

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Go Farm southsun with 400+% MF.. I got 22 rares in 2 hours + exotic hammer which sold for 5G last night… And all the PvE’ers get the rewards WE earn for them in WvW without stepping foot in the Mists… just sad

I was taking kitten out of some PvErs once when I said at least the WvWers earned you lot the extra hp etc, when at least three on /m said there was no such thing.

I guess they thought they`d magically gained weight <cough stats> since Friday

Curious, how many of you have had a rare or exotic since beta/live. One exotic & around four rares I`ve had. including JPs which take more effort then dragon 1 spamming guarantee you rares.
(This is without the new chests.)

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Nuvo.5014

Nuvo.5014

I have friend who is rank 120, so he need to lvl another 120 ranks to get all his chest

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

which will take him a shorter amount of time than getting 120 ranks within 2 months due to the increased wvw gain rate.

Whining about having to get 135+ ranks is very self-serving. You got that in 2 months, there is no reason you wont get that in the next 2 months.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Ikarushka.9564

Ikarushka.9564

Would yall rather go back to the system where there were no chests for ranks (at all)? Cause that is a realistic alternative, unlike everything else.

If you enjoy money and loot – play the content that provides money and loot, you will enjoy it no matter what the content actually is, cause you get what you want (loot and money).

To all the folks, who are rank 100+ … you got those ranks while there was no indication that ranks will provide any reward, presumably enjoying yourself. You can continue doing the same thing and getting a little extra on the side. As for the fairness of not getting all the chests at the same time: You will still get more chests than any other person of a lower rank that will play the same amount of time.

Cheekadee. Asuran engineer

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Snowreap.5174

It also ensures that if good WvW players want to earn gold or get cool items, they will, instead of playing WvW, go to PvE to actually feel rewarded for their time. The argument you’re making is circular and really doesn’t say anything at all.

Players should feel equally rewarded for their skills no matter what they choose to spend their time on.

The difference is, there are a limited number of WvW slots, and we would prefer the WvW-focused players to be able to get in, rather than sitting in queues.

Between instances and overflow zones, there is no limit to the number of people that PvE can handle. PvE has unlimited room for PvE players, so why shouldn’t we encourage the PvE players to go there?

Imagine these two outcomes:

1. WvW zones are full of WvW players, and PvE zones have PvE players and WvW players who want PvE loot.

2. WvW zones are full of WvW players and PvE players, and there are WvW players who can’t get into WvW because maps are full.

I think outcome #1 is preferable to outcome #2. We’ve already had as much of outcome #2 as we can stand, except that we called them “jumping puzzle” players instead of “PvE players”.

-ken

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Rising Dusk.2408

I’m surprised you actually want fewer players in WvW. I know I can speak for my server, at least, in that we’d love it if PvE players came into WvW to give it a try and run with us for awhile. We’d love to have them, and we’d love to teach them. That sort of active server participation would help us a lot. Furthermore, if it became a problem for large servers that queue every map, it’d encourage players to spread to lower-tier servers, which is also good for WvW. It’s win-win in my book.

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Meh. It’s not like gold has much use anyways other than buying frivolous tchotchkes in the gem store without having to whip out the credit card. I’d rather play content I enjoy than sit in one spot and mindlessly farm the game’s AI for an endless mining pick.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Rising Dusk.2408

Meh. It’s not like gold has much use anyways other than buying frivolous tchotchkes in the gem store without having to whip out the credit card. I’d rather play content I enjoy than sit in one spot and mindlessly farm the game’s AI for an endless mining pick.

I don’t disagree with you, but wouldn’t it be great to do all those things you enjoy and actually feel rewarded for it so you could also get those lovely tchotchkes? PvE players do that all the time, and I think we should be able to as well.

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

The chests can drop precursors. First person to get one post it here with a pic!!

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Snowreap.5174

I’m not exactly saying that I disagree, or that I want to discourage PvE players from discovering the joys of WvW.

I’m just saying be careful what you wish for, because you might get it.

-ken

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Wayland.3528

Wayland.3528

And last night I did 11 world meta events in the first hour after rollover collecting 18 rares. I certainly don’t think a rare+ for each WvW level is that excessive.

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: TinkTinkPOOF.9201

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

Never said anything about rares in chests, just that people QQing about the back log of chests when we could have got nothing, no less than the fact we can level twice as fast now, so getting the back log done will be even easier. We did not get a back log of ranks before it was added, so the fact we get a back log at all I see as a plus, and not something to complain about. If you think the loot is worth it or not, well, that’s something else, I play WvW because I enjoy it and if they see fit to make it so I can make some money at it like PvE, then I sure would not complain.

6700k@5GHz | 32GB RAM | 1TB 850 SSD | GTX980Ti | 27" 144Hz Gsync

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

penatbater.4710

The chests can drop precursors. First person to get one post it here with a pic!!

It’s probably one of those “yes there’s a chance. But the chances are so small it’s even smaller than getting a sclerite skin from a consortium chest” kind of thing :P

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

It’s probably one of those “yes there’s a chance. But the chances are so small it’s even smaller than getting a sclerite skin from a consortium chest” kind of thing :P

That’s true for every method of getting precursors though. That’s what being precursor means.

I’ve kinda mellowed out about the patch notes. We’re richer than before and getting ascended gear is easier than before. Maybe not as rich as someone who farms Fractals but hey, the gap is closing. Maybe it’ll close later if they find we’re still behind and well, it’s not like I was goin broke before anyway.

Gate of Madness

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Guild commander is 175. I have to agree though, many companies would screw people over and not make the chest retroactive. Credit where credit is due… am I not merciful.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

So…what happened to the ecto’s we were promised?

A dev clearly said lots of ecto’s…

So far, 14-15s, 5 BoH, a blueprint and a green every chest…no rares or better…

Am I just unlucky or were we lied to AGAIN…

So the chests award 14-15s every time? That might as well be a rare…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: pequenisimo.1207

pequenisimo.1207

I do believe it may depend on your rank. I ranked to lvl 5 and only got about 5s and 3 BoH. Could it be that the higher rank you are, the better loot you get from ranking up?

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Pandadoll.6197

Pandadoll.6197

Just got an orange bow on my rank 59 chest.

Edit: 4 chests today, 3 greens 1 orange.

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

These definitely need a loot increase! about 3-4 hours per rank nets 15 silver and a green. In PvE I can make 15 silver and a guaranteed rare in 15 minutes. WTF Anet, why so broken?

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Sooo…about those ectos that they mentioned before…
But yea, agues that 1 guaranteed rare/2-4 hours vs the ~20 ish rares you can currently get in the same amount of time in southsun, or 6-18 rares/per day you get from events would be madness.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

To ppl saying “Have to not be minumun drop rare rarity for economy of rares/ectos”: there’s something like wordl PvE Meta events, which works exactely like that.
You can do those daily, for guaranteed drop, even more than once for chance of more loot.
There are 20ish of those.
So with some time and patience every player can potentially get 20+rares at day.

Don’t tell me that making the same to wvwers would crush the economy.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Under Web.2497

Under Web.2497

Just logged in for the first time for a few weeks, expecting to have lots of chests with goodies in it (that i worked hard for) – now i find that you get the chests with a NEW rank level and the backlog is caught up at one chest per rank level.
Needless to say i logged straight back out again, (i play games for fun and i’m having more fun(and better rewards) with other games)

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Draygo.9473

To ppl saying “Have to not be minumun drop rare rarity for economy of rares/ectos”: there’s something like wordl PvE Meta events, which works exactely like that.
You can do those daily, for guaranteed drop, even more than once for chance of more loot.
There are 20ish of those.
So with some time and patience every player can potentially get 20+rares at day.

Don’t tell me that making the same to wvwers would crush the economy.

You don’t get 10-20 silver from those events.

More often than not your giving up 2.4-3.2 silver in waypoint fees. Unless you walk to it, which takes muuuch longer.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

PvE-ers can get rares faster and easier by doing the dragon timer’s events. Go to the place, push 1, afk, come back and get your 100% rare + extra loot+ karma + event $. You can do this many times per day. Why is this ok but at least a rare per rank chest in WvW isn’t? o.O

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

PvE-ers can get rares faster and easier by doing the dragon timer’s events. Go to the place, push 1, afk, come back and get your 100% rare + extra loot+ karma + event $. You can do this many times per day. Why is this ok but at least a rare per rank chest in WvW isn’t? o.O

I always wondered that, WvW players seem to be the black sheep of the pack.

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

If you played WvW without chests and were happy, you will be happy with anything they add. Personally I wouldn’t mind them taking away all the drops but keeping gold price on WvW items. If you want to earn pixels you can do it in PvE and leave WvW purely for combat and as gold sink.
And tbh why would WvW players get as much as PvE players? It’d just make queues, because most ppl farming PvE would rather follow some guy with blue icon and have some fun from frming this way. But then ppl interested in WvW, not money, wouldn’t be able to join…
Not to mention you can do dragons too. Look at timer, leave WvW for few minutes and you have your precious reward.

(edited by Terkov.4138)

WvW Rank Reward Chest

in WvW

Draygo.9473

I’d rather get the 10-20 silver per chest than a guaranteed rare.

The 10-20 silver is guaranteed not to decrease in value. The rare price has been slowly falling with few exceptions. There are a huge number of rares worth less than 20 silver right now.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]