WvW Resurgence coming soon

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

We are able to talk about the WvW resurgence update earlier than we thought. Details coming soon. WvW took 5 years to develop and we are working on it as fast as we can. WvW player culling took 1 year of our most senior engineer to fix.

This is taken from Colin on today’s live stream.

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Soon
Player – 2 weeks – 1 month
Anet. – before next year

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: BrickFurious.7169

BrickFurious.7169

Yeah should probably clarify, he said details about the overhaul are coming soon, not that the overhaul itself is coming soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

It depends on what degree of “Soon” he is referring to. I fell in love with Sapience’s explanation of the degrees of soon from another game’s forum in the past. It is still as relevant today as it was 8 years ago. Enjoy:

Please keep in mind; the measurements below are highly accurate (as are their relationships to each other).

NOW! =
Never gonna happen!

At some point in the future (also, At some point) =
I am in pure Nostradamus territory here. I have a magic 8 ball and even it said, “Ask again later”.

In the future =
This isn’t going to happen during any variety of soon you care to use. In fact, it’s pretty far out there. Not as far as ‘at some point’, but I’m certainly not suggesting you book vacation time just yet.
I’m probably talking about something that is possible within the current time line. Assuming, of course, the Mayans, Vikings, and 47 other random stone carvings were wrong
and we’re still here after all that crazy ‘Apocalypse’ stuff.

In the near future =
This is absolutely, positively, without question, a possibility. In fact, it might even be a real possibility. But as to when, I’ll have to get back to you on that one.

Soon™ =
No lie. It’s going to happen. It’s going to happen really; like, eventually. But it will happen!

“Soon” =
It’s official! I have given consideration to a possible date and I now have several possibilities!

Soon =
I’ve narrowed the date down to something within the calendar year!

soon =
No really, I have a date now! It’s even penciled in on a calendar somewhere!

MoreSoonerish =
I have a date, and I’m probably going to tell you what that date is…soon!

Incredisoon =
OK! I am done messin’ around. We have a date, I’ve found the calendar I wrote it on, and I am going to tell you. Like right freakin’ shortly! Seriously!

Tomorrowish-esque™ =
This is going to happen within the next 24 hours. Give or take some random number of hours which may or may not exceed an amount equal to the number of miles between the reader
and the International Date Line divided by pi. Unless the person is actually standing on the International Date Line at the time of reading, in which case the world will
end in a cataclysmic divide by zero error and none of this will matter anyway. This is all barring any conflicts with ‘The Schedule’, of course.

As soon as possible =
Time being the slippery thing it is, this has quite probably already happened. If not, it is very likely to happen while someone is typing up the message telling you when it will happen.
Assuming, that it is in fact possible.

Modifiers, adjustments, and other fun stuff.

Capitalization =
As a general rule, capitalization will tip you off as to a measurement’s place in time. Capital letters denote a longer period of time than lower case letters.
This applies to all uses of capitalization when dealing with time. Thus Soon is longer than soon. Likewise, MoreSoonerish, Moresoonerish,
and moresoonerish are all incrementally shorter periods from longest to shortest.

TM and its uses =
The notorious ™ has very specific meanings. It denotes a longer period of time than the word or phrase would otherwise represent without the addition of the ™.

“Quotes" =
The use of quotes, like the use of TM and Capitalization has specific meaning. It is another measure of extending the noted period of time.
Though it denotes a shorter extension than either ™ or Capitalization.

Combined notation =
When you see a combination of modifiers (™, quotes, and capitalization) you must consider the impact of all modifiers on the base measurement.
The more modifiers, the larger the expansion of time from the base measurement.

Addendum A: Spooky Stuff

It’s on schedule =
This relates exclusively to a highly theoretical method of calculating time commonly referred to as, ‘The Schedule’.
The Schedule is part of an emerging understanding of time called Quantum Space Time. Schedule Time has the amazing ability to exist, not exist, and potentially exist or not exist all at the same instant.
It is only the act of observing The Schedule that forces it into a fixed state in which the normal rules of Space Time apply. This is commonly called “entanglement”.
Entangling one’s self with The Schedule is a very risky proposition as it can lead to temporal disorientation. Especially as it does not require one to be in any physical proximity to The Schedule.
Albert Einstein himself referred to this as “Spooky action at a distance.”

Addendum B: Backward Causality:

I told you so =
Any attempt to look back upon or view the flow of Space Time from a future point will amplify and enhance the predictive and pre-deterministic nature of soon.
The effect of this observance is to reveal the perfect accuracy of all predictions within the fabric of the Space Time Continuum.
In short, the act of releasing content will cause the time line to become self-evident and clearly predictive of the exact moment in the
future at which the release will happen when viewed from that future.

Dagrin – Master of the downed state

in WvW

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

brilliant, just, brilliant

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

While I have all the answers, really I am the next thing to a walking encyclopedia of the GW2 bug DB at any time, I can’t really go around shouting what is happening one way or the other because it can change daily… and letting some things I know be known would probably result in my not working for ArenaNet anymore. That’s something that would be kinda poopy and I would like that not to happen, so I avoid it and instead just say slightly nebulous things like “soon” when I see a fix coming for the next release. One day that “soon” will have some real intent behind it. Today actually seems like a good day to “soon” some threads so…

This somewhat became my understanding of “soon”

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Soon, 6 months later…

lololololol.

kitten , many people telling me they went or going play other games.
Anet can take their time and let gw2 become pure pve population

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: xERx.8256

xERx.8256

i love how someone on gw2wvw said: “…Anet is already working on a new WvW Resurgence and will soon™ share more news with us…”

in WvW

Posted by: Gunner Morton.8340

Gunner Morton.8340

And another month goes by. Looks like it turned out to be later rather than soon.

Soon™…

I used to play WvW on Gunnar’s Hold, then I took a flawed serverlink to the knee.

in WvW

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

“Player culling” seriously? So they are wanting to lose players? Now a lot of what they are doing across the board makes sense…they don’t want players.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

“resurgence”

This leads me to believe they will fix the population problems with some kind of megaserver system, just like when they fixed low populations on pve maps. So people will see a “surge” in population.

obviously just speculation, but the word “resurgence” instead of “revamp” or “overhaul” sticks out to me.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

More details coming April 1st.

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

“We listened to actual WvW players”
“Small guilds will have a role”
“The new maps are gone and PvE isn’t required!”

Hahahahahahh…..yeah right.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

You got me there LOL

Was going to ask where you got this info from.. Then realized that is April fools day

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

When have we ever not heard them say Soon™?!

Soon™ we’ll do this,
Soon™ we’ll do that

And each and every time their Soon™ has always been too long and they have delivered things we did not want! And when they did give us what we asked they have always under-delivered.

I can tell you one thing for certain, Soon™ I will be leaving this game!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Can’t. Wait. Hype.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

i had a nightmare last night, i was dreaming that pewdiepie and his fans were given their own wvw server called resurgence :x -breaks out into a cold sweat and shudders-

they were scaling towers with zergs like in the movie world war z – all in blue quality gear. -.-

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I got excited, then I saw it was a month old.

Thanks q_q

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Does it matter how soon it comes? Just look at their track record on WvW development. It’s going to be a disaster.

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

Bets accepted.

WvW resurgence in 2018. Your bet?

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

We are able to talk about the WvW resurgence update earlier than we thought. Details coming soon. WvW took 5 years to develop and we are working on it as fast as we can. WvW player culling took 1 year of our most senior engineer to fix.

This is taken from Colin on today’s live stream.

Well, now I got worried.
If ANet needs 1 year to taint all WvW characters with 1 colour to fix culling, I wonder when will this WvW resurgence happen?!

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

lol… careful, you might get infracted for that… +1 anyways

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I believe there is some kind of internal wrangling. I’m think they’re unhappy with how it’s going. They’ve been saying we will get more details for six months …

[6 months ago]

As this effort ramps up you will be hearing more from us about the work in progress.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Invitational-Statement-from-John-Corpening-game-director-for-World-vs-World/first

I’m very discouraged by this delay.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

i hope they aren’t over thinking it. While i’m sure some of the solution require a lot of behind the scenes technical wizardy. It would seem that most of what made wvw great, is still there because people are in fact holding on. I’m in a low pop server, but every reset there is that moment of que.

I’m sticking to my guns to say that a majority of the issues that rub players wrong has to do with pve rules being used in a pvp area.

I really believe that if they took a perspective of wvw being a training ground that progresses to competitive 1v1 – 5v5 – gvg – matches, it would go a long way.

but this is just wvw – the new borderlands, the mists and the pvp jumping puzzle, should be left for people who want pvp-lite or pve flavored pvp…

but when it crosses over to wvw, it should be more spvp – where the rules become pvp-pro ( considering this is now entering a stage where you train for paid competitions )

The underlying appeal I find that connect spvp and wvw is simply the ability to test builds and strategies on an all pvp game board.

the levels / grades of pvp seem to be more in a gray area in gw2, than it was in gw1….where it was pretty black and white. Back then it was clear cut with a straight up pvp only character…which i use to dub my playclothes!! lol

I also remember how difficult pve was for me in gw1 – in that my account progression was based on 1 main character…my warrior ….that actually burned me out …so much that the warrior in gw2 is my least favorite character – not that the warrior is bad, but the play style was written in stone if i wanted to progress any achievements. I find that aspect of the game crossing over in gw2 wvw ….because I can only afford to make one character all ascended…and even then, I had to slow that down to spend game resources on getting ascended trinkets and weapons for my other characters, so i wouldn’t pigeon hole myself into only using my main character for wvw / pvp.

The point being, it’s the rules that are a bit muddy, that is making building one main character for wvw a focus ….and ultimately causing a burn out ..for me at least ..considering that making one character all ascended costs so much time and resources. I basically lost my past time of testing builds….I don’t like playing in spvp to test builds – i simply don’t enjoy those maps and it feels more like twitch gaming than strategic pvp.

ie – in the old spvp arena, one of my favorite builds was not a power build, but one where I would lure warriors to my spite necro and wear them down with confusion type spells with condition drains …was funny to watch warrior type builds attack me till they died from self inflicted damage. That simply doesn’t exist in gw2 spvp – the elements are there, but not as entertaining as it was in gw1.

the point is …don’t over produce wvw …many elements are there but the logistics prevent us from experimenting with different play styles simply because of the cost of testing builds and the unbalanced matches.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Ricky.4706

ps – in the future, you may want an off site forum dedicated to wvwrs …..this forum is way too strict to let that aspect grow. Ever since i can remember, trash talk and flame posts have been a part of competitive guild pvp – when the dust settles, it turns into some serious rpg – stronger than the pve areas. Anet pretty much squelched that part with the tos on the main site, which is understandable….as a rowdy pvp crew scares pvers away…which is not good for business..

But stopping pvprs from fighting – in game or on forum….is counter productive …we fight ..that’s what we do …and we do eventually work it out…I’ve seen it happen time and time again…..some of the strongest communities I’ve been a part of, had the most intense fights I’ve ever seen on the net lol…..it’s just part of the culture and you shouldn’t stop it, just keep it out of your backyard lol. :p

the staffers in the more popular games of yester year I was with, would simply only jump in on things like personal threats, and hacking…..they kept out of the trash talk fights….in fact some of them made alts so they could join in the bantering lol!!

There was a time where being accused of being a hacker was an honor , especially if you weren’t hacking…legend has it that good trash talk adds +5 power to your weapons :p

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

ps – in the future, you may want an off site forum dedicated to wvwrs …..this forum is way too strict to let that aspect grow. Ever since i can remember, trash talk and flame posts have been a part of competitive guild pvp – when the dust settles, it turns into some serious rpg – stronger than the pve areas. Anet pretty much squelched that part with the tos on the main site, which is understandable….as a rowdy pvp crew scares pvers away…which is not good for business..

But stopping pvprs from fighting – in game or on forum….is counter productive …we fight ..that’s what we do …and we do eventually work it out…I’ve seen it happen time and time again…..some of the strongest communities I’ve been a part of, had the most intense fights I’ve ever seen on the net lol…..it’s just part of the culture and you shouldn’t stop it, just keep it out of your backyard lol. :p

the staffers in the more popular games of yester year I was with, would simply only jump in on things like personal threats, and hacking…..they kept out of the trash talk fights….in fact some of them made alts so they could join in the bantering lol!!

There was a time where being accused of being a hacker was an honor , especially if you weren’t hacking…legend has it that good trash talk adds +5 power to your weapons :p

They had a WvW matchup forum here once. It was shut down. Not going to happen again.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

and it shouldn’t, the pvprs think different than pvers…..

when a pvpr fights, it’s related to a match….when a pver fights, its related to the game. it’s just a different headset that doesn’t mix.

It should be kept away from the main gw2 site, but kept semi-official for pvp related stuff. I understand both sides, some of my best friends I’ve met online, i met through fighting lol

it should be official enough to know this is the place to go to for the latest pvp info, but unofficial enough to not be governed by standard gw2 tos held on the main site.

a good pvp forum, is crucial to a good pvp game / environment. It’s in the forum, that all that banter increases the value of a prize fight. Its the infamous “Stare down” moment before any top shelf fight. its in those forums that pcgamer, forbes, and cnn will get the latest news to the biggest fights. Basically a hype machine.

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Svarty.8019

ps – in the future, you may want an off site forum dedicated to wvwrs …..

They had a WvW matchup forum here once. It was shut down. Not going to happen again.

It’s here: http://www.gw2wvw.net/forum

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

awesome, it should be promoted more then. I’ve heard of it before, but i’ve never known any place as an official pvp meet up. it should be clear enough that if some gaming news magazine comes here for the first time, they know where to go. In that sense it should be official and not mistaken for just another gw2 fan site covering pvp.

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

I think the creators of gw2wvw had good intentions, but that place is horrific. There’s an excellent reason that collection of burning dumpster trash is referred to as the cancer forums.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Ricky.4706

every pvp type forum will have a ghetto….

It works like this, a person talks a ton of kitten to a pro, the pro beats the living daylights out of him in a match – being that the trash talk was big news …. the trash talker couldn’t back his talk up and has to calm down because he lost credibility and now the whole community is telling him to shut up because he lost lol. That’s how the dust settles, especially if the top fighter is the nicest person in the world…and they usually are.

then there are the hackers, who have been a part of the mmo gaming culture since mmo came online. That’s where Anet becomes like the feds and watches quietly trying to catch them….. The hackers game is “Prove it” ….but it is a ladder all its own of who got away with the most, unfortunately. You have to embrace that aspect of it as an underground ladder because you simply can’t fight it head on. You wouldn’t want to be a part of a society that could stop them dead in their tracks anyways – but that’s another discussion. :p

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

awesome, it should be promoted more then. I’ve heard of it before, but i’ve never known any place as an official pvp meet up. it should be clear enough that if some gaming news magazine comes here for the first time, they know where to go. In that sense it should be official and not mistaken for just another gw2 fan site covering pvp.

I wouldn’t be redirecting anyone to gw2wvw especially not in any official capacity. It is probably the worst cesspool of a forum I’ve ever spent an amount of time in and now pretty much just consists of in jokes and trolling.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Ricky.4706

got it, I have nothing for or against the place as I’ve never really visited it, i just noticed it on random searches i’ve done looking for strategy info.

it only seems proper that for the sake of peace – which in a pvp world translates to respect, it should be a completely new site run by a neutral party. Just like wvw, the forum has to be balanced in that it favors no side, yet favors both sides getting a fair chance to talk.

which btw, this is the concept i’m always talking about good vs evil in alignment, that place sounds like a fun evil forum to be honest!!! but i digress…….it should be a neutral forum that is neither about forcing everyone to get along via tos, nor having an army of white (or Dark) knights pouncing over anyone that doesn’t agree with them. either extreme is just evil under a different name, thus the natural need for something neutral, Someone that enjoys partying on both sides of that fence and non judgemental, they just want to focus on the facts and arrange the fights between those who need a fight to settle their disputes. ( note the rpg element of settling disputes ) and I’m not trying to imply me, no thank you, I enjoy being an irrelevant in the crowd…but i also have been a part of what works great..so i’m just sharing what i’ve seen.

It needs to be a grey area :p

now ..example of an evil forum… no one shares jack, full of accusations, everyone’s full of jokes, conspiracies, troll talk

example of a goodie forum, encouraging, sharing builds and tactics, planning practice events.

example of a neutral forum, take the best of all sides and arrange a fight. less talk, more action, i got gems to make!

organized chaos…letting it be while channeling it to high profile matches.

the end of that story is evil always loses, even when they win they always lose something that meant a lot to them.

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Sounds like some emergency PR to stem the tide of the black desert hype, they have nothing.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

WvW player culling took 1 year of our most senior engineer to fix.

Just read that again.

Took one year
Our most senior engineer.

That’s 1 year for one guy to fix.
As in they only assigned one person to deal with it!
What happened to the team we’ve been hearing about for 4 years?!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Svarty.8019

WvW player culling took 1 year of our most senior engineer to fix.

Just read that again.

Took one year
Our most senior engineer.

That’s 1 year for one guy to fix.
As in they only assigned one person to deal with it!
What happened to the team we’ve been hearing about for 4 years?!

I guess we’re supposed to understand that in terms of cost per man-year.

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Guys, the WvW Resurgence has already been and gone. This was it, from the latest patch notes:

World vs. World

General

The score tick countdown timer in the top-middle of the screen is no longer 1 minute ahead in WvW maps.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist