WvW Rewards

WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Gahn.8150

Gahn.8150

Instead of talking about the DAoC system, can you explain it at least? …

For every kill you did in RvR (like WvW) you earned Realm Points. Depending on how much damage you did you more point you got, you highter realm rank the enemys was abit more point you got also i think.

First you needed to earn enough realm points to rank, every level had i think 10 mini lvls in them. So from RR 1 till the max lvl the first years was RR11. You actually need to go RR1 Level 1, then RR1 level 2 up to RR1 lvl 10 that turned your realm rank and titel to RR2. (And to reach RR11 only a few did the first 2-3 years).

The points you earned every minilevel could you spend in some unique and some basic skills/attributes for your character. You had alot of passives like give your character a boost with +1 str, or dex, pwr whatever you want. Then you had other passives, some cost more some less points. You could also spend point on unique skills.
But i will tell you the points you get you need to think wisely how you will spend them, depening on your group setup or if you going to solo etc. For a perfect group setup with a good RR like rr10 they would be abit OP meeting other lower RR grps.

The thing is, i didnt care if i got killed sometimes by a full guild group with RR10, they have earned the way, they should have the skill, for me its ok that their characters are abit better. The only thing that comes from that is more challange for your lower RR group that alot of times could own RR10+ grps also.

Also, depending on my characters that are 5 rr8+, alot of them back in the days probably says it was no problem to start a new character and reach high RR at any time. The higher RR gives you a boost but its not making things impossible for others either.

Perfectly summed up!

Gahn Lonewolf [TDA]
Norn Guardian
Gandara

WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

All the ideas (to make GW2 like DAoC…) are great but you have to consider right now WvW is so popular (queues…) that it doesnt need more carrot to make players participate.
Bigger maps could be could but you also have to consider bigger would mean more plaers, more players would mean more trouble to fix lag/clipping (it its even possible).

I think the solution would be more maps.

Queues are not really a problem outside of tier 1.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

Here is a thought, remove Repair costs on stomp for WvW, add in an Attackers event system like you guys have for Defense. Spent about an hour tonight fighting 12 – 1 odds trying to take a keep. I realized they are being rewarded DEFENSE CREDIT and making Money / Exp / Karma, while my team of only 5 people, who were fighting this zerg and trying to take the keep was being awarded NOTHING. That seems a bit harsh, where is my ATTACKERS CREDIT?

When you successfully take that keep you get WAY more credit than the defenders got for defending it.

If you attack it and fail to take it…well, that’s a failed assault. Why should you be rewarded for failure?

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

Here is a thought, remove Repair costs on stomp for WvW, add in an Attackers event system like you guys have for Defense. Spent about an hour tonight fighting 12 – 1 odds trying to take a keep. I realized they are being rewarded DEFENSE CREDIT and making Money / Exp / Karma, while my team of only 5 people, who were fighting this zerg and trying to take the keep was being awarded NOTHING. That seems a bit harsh, where is my ATTACKERS CREDIT?

I agree, this is an issue. It’s never one players’ fault that their server isn’t doing well in WvW, it doesn’t work that way. It’s a matter of numbers and coordination. But players willing to stay and fight on a server that isn’t doing so well pay the cost. They usually get less reward and they die more. Maybe the ‘outmanned’ buff should at least come with no repair cost.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Zats.2308

Zats.2308

love this idea of a personal rank system. This is coming from someone who is playing in a guild now that all came from LOTRO and hearing how that system worked.

Basically there were 15 ranks you can get to and it was sorta easy to rank up at the start and then got longer to grind those points. But with this each rank just got you a new skin to use on your guy. This is from creeps side im pretty sure i do not know about other side sorry. But with this ranks almost meant nothing other than you played long and while playing you were good because you had to get kills to earn these ranks. However when you ranked up you did not get anything special you only got a skin which is still awesome.

This is something Anet needs to look into. I would not want to see a server unbalance more due to the people in the winning servers getting this amazing gear to use. But give use for each rank a set up armor or weapon skins or maybe a cape for each rank that we can transmute over our reg around with out transmute stones to show off the rank we have. Or something like the crowns for costume brawl have a symbol above out heads to show our ranks (that one might get alittle annoying).

Those are my thoughts but as ive seen with my server we are getting destroyed (sadly going cry xfers on this one) by the other server getting alot of xfers in and with a small pop WvW server people are just not wanting to go out there because you take a keep and loose it 5 mins later because 30+ people come and you get whipped with your 10 trying guard it.

Just my thoughts. Love the game though!

PS as a commander already i wouldnt mind having a sweet commander skin for my armor. JS

(edited by Zats.2308)

WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: muylaetrix.2096

muylaetrix.2096

give daoc style post max level character advancement (Realm Ranks, ok. Champion Levels, ok. Master levels, not ok) and no gear based advancement pls.

10 wvw ranks (comparable in effort to get to 10 daoc Realm Ranks) that give an extra trait on top of the 70 traits at level 80 for each wvw rank obtained as such would be a very simple and easy thing to add to the game.

only things really worth discussing a) is how points towards those ranks should be earned and what should give points. a system that only rewards for killing is to be discouraged. playing support should be at least as rewarding in gaining points towards the wvw rank. and b) how steep the increase in points should be to get each rank. i advocate a system where each rank needs DOUBLE the amount of points from the previous rank. example :

rank 1 = 1000 points,
rank 2 = +2000 for a total of 3000
rank 3 = +4000 for a total of 7000,
rank 4 = +8000 for a total of 15000

rank 10 = +512.000 for a total of 1.023.000

this harsh slope would prevent runaway power escalations

Muylaetrex, going bananas with [TDA] on Gandara
Camping a keep near you since 2001 !

WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Ireniicus.2167

Ireniicus.2167

I can’t say too much just yet, but we’re doing some work related to rewards and character progression in WvW even now. It will be a little while before we’re ready to talk about more details though. Rewards, progression, and incentives for play are hot topics around the office. We all care about this stuff and once we have some more details hammered out we’ll let you all know we’re up to.

As someone who plays way too much GW2 for my own good my feeling is WvW offers far less rewards per hour played than PvE.

Is that something ANet recognise and are working on?

WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

daoc style realm ranks please. with visible titles (so invader/defender changes to your rank title). and NO gear progression!

and while you’re at it, make it so you can tell what guild has a keep claimed (guild tag on guards)

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Freyvin.5690

Freyvin.5690

Instead of talking about the DAoC system, can you explain it at least? …

Yeah you hide in a zerg for months and months hoping no one kills you. Eventually you get enough rank to buy a class defining skill so you can actually enjoy the game. Did I miss anything?

Then you weren’t very good. Hide in a zerg? Good grief I’d run around solo as a reaver at rr3 and do just fine. This simply isn’t true. Now if you want to say a RR11 vs a RR1 was OP, fine, but I think ANET has proven they wouldnt give bonuses that “that” over the top.

WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

sigh They have a dedicated pvp team, been 3 months since release, and all we’ve gotten is a new spvp map, orb removals, and vague news of stuff they’re working on?
Really need some solid wvw news soon.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Couple things missing in the game the way I see it, but I will be the first to say I’m new to the whole GW series. So what I mean is I really don’t know what crowd this game caters to. Is it PvP or PvE?

First – I hail from DaOC. Played since retail all the way though the expansion after Trials of Atlantis. DaOC if you don’t know was built from the ground up only for PvP. More importantly, it was Realm vs. Realm – which is somewhat akin to GW2’s WvWvW. There are no BG’s. Just keeps, relics, and gates. You roam, you control, etc. You can probably google DaOC and find a wiki or such to get more detail but long and short of it is this.

You fight, you control keeps, you take relics, you earn realm points, you go up in ranks (1 through 12).

What this game is missing from a PvP perspective is not a “gear or item” grind but a portal in which one can view their feats. Back in 2001 when DaOC was released it had such a portal that listed top realm point earners by class, overall top, guild, and alliance. No gear grind, just flat out bragging rights as to the top 25 for the week. Anyone could see how they did and it gave them something to shoot for.

You could zerg and kill more and faster. Or you could form a smaller group of say 8 and go tactical. Better yet, you could go full stealth group and control the various main gates and cause all sort of mayhem. Point being rewards are the same based on a kill point value divided by those who touched or healed within x feet of kill. Support got it, melee got it, and range got it. So if a kill was worth 1,000 realm points solo, and a group of 5 killed said person, 1,000 gets divided…easy, huh?

So I mentioned GW2 is lacking a portal for weekly and monthly stats. What else? Well, the way I see it we need a Alliance option. Or, call it whatever, but the whole commander thing is a bit wobbly in my opinion. Do this by chat or by alliance, or something that allows people to more readily communicate. I know there is /team and /map but they seem cumbersom. Could be just me I guess, but some form of guild mergers strickly for PvP would be a nice idea – limit it if you need, dunno. Would allow smaller guilds to work with larger ones for those who like small parties or are anit-social

Lets see, alliance? Check. Portal request? Check. WvWvW instance and/or jumping puzzle. Check – but could we add some more risk in there? I am not going to mention Darkness Falls here (another DaOC reference) but you already have this super fun place with a reward at the end of it (badges, plans, and gear). Could you spice it up a bit and add in some random mobs. I do mean random. Take every mob you have in the game and honestly just randomly spawn them in there daily. Make them roam as singles, or groups. Traps are fun and all, as are the other servers players. But it is a clear path the rest of the way end everywhere inbetween. It could be a great place to hang out in and play. Say add a higher chance of crafting mats or precurser legendary items.

Summary:
1. Web portal with character rankings, by class, kills, guild, together. Maybe add in weakest hit, highest hit, most deaths, death by X, etc.
2. Add mobs, and pathing ones, to the WvWvW jumping puzzles. Add chance to drop crafting mats or precursers.
3. Alliance or some form of commander rework to allow team communication and/or large and small guild teams.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Camagee.5391

Camagee.5391

Lol 20 people is a small grp since when?…Zerg.