WvW Roamers

WvW Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: SAKRAY.3690

SAKRAY.3690

So after all nerfhammers that struck Ele’s I feel slighty underpowered as a WvW Roamer besides playing it for a year now getting kinda tired of them. Sooo, I need a new effective class to Roam around with fighting 1v1 / 1v2’s.

Which classes are good besides the obvious “Thieves best roamer stealth gggg” because I think Thieves are lame. (’;

Shichi Gatsu ~ Elementalist
Ichigo Bushi ~ Warrior

WvW Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Try your Mesmer, it’s fun for solo roaming (shatter, torch-condi, phantasm, whatever). Check out Mesmer Forums for some guides if you’re not sure what to do exactly.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

WvW Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

As far as I know, elementalists are still really strong solo roamers. Better even in small groups. 2 guys in my guild kitten everything together on their eles.

Got to admit that I have seen tons of bad elementalists out there tho.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

WvW Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Mesmer’s 20/20/30 condi build that is stealth heavy are pretty good roamers it won’t kill everyone like guardians that are setup to deal with condi’s but you should be able to 1v2/1v3 players of lesser skill pretty easy. Mesmers are suppose to be getting some help dealing with condi’s so depending on what that is they will be getting a bit better for roaming also.

Warriors with GS + X/Shield are also good at roaming.

Those I consider the top roaming classes in WvW and all my classes can roam with my necro being the weakest roamer. Thief is the best and I would say Mesmer and Warrior with warrior second because the OOC mobility is probably the best in game if there was no stealth. Mesmer you just have to be able to recognize when it’s time to disengage.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

WvW Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

So after all nerfhammers that struck Ele’s I feel slighty underpowered as a WvW Roamer besides playing it for a year now getting kinda tired of them. Sooo, I need a new effective class to Roam around with fighting 1v1 / 1v2’s.

Which classes are good besides the obvious “Thieves best roamer stealth gggg” because I think Thieves are lame. (’;

On my mesmer I run a chaotic interruption+stealth build using perp runes, and it’s very fun roaming! The combination of stealths plus interrupts makes the mesmer very effective roaming (or doing small group, and of course, in a big zerg, you just gotta spam 1!)

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

WvW Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Thief is still king in solo roaming , problem nowdays is everyone running perma stealth builds to compete with the regen warrior trolls and perplexity engineers. I dont see how elementalist solo could do anything since the borderland people will chase you till you log off.

play hard , go pro.

WvW Roamers

in WvW

SAKRAY.3690

Thanks for the reply guys.

@Tetro
Reading the overal replies I guess I am gonna take a shot with my Mesmer so far I’ve only really used it in PvP so you’d say a Condi+Stealth build is the way to go on Mesmer’s in WvW?

@Milkz
I’m on Aurora Glade as well! Also yea they are still good but compared to few months back the overal damage is lacking usually I win fights now by simply outlasting them with all the healing I got. Plus if I get in trouble when a group appears out of nowhere it’s hard to escape with RTL @ 40.

@oZii
So you’d also say a Condi build for Mesmer works best? Am thinking bout rolling Mesmer now ye but don’t you feel slow on it roaming they don’t got access to swiftness right? The Stunlolol Warriors yea their fun I use them alot in PvP but get’s bored real fast as well since your pretty much doing the same rotation over and over I like to adapting to the situation better.

@Handin
Another that recommends Mesmer hmhm I had to look up the Perp Runes and gotta say wow ._. Are they new? Never knew them pretty powerfull effect. What kinda trait setup would these Condi/Stealth builds running?

@offence
Yea I know bud perm stealth Thiefs so ridiculous. They cant win and just escape no way of catching them or they keep poking you gain health in stealth poke again until ur dead. But yea dont really like the overall mechanics of the Thief ;[

Ichigo Bushi ~ Warrior

WvW Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Just run 2 eles, coordinate well and you can get 20+ might stacks up at all times. This helps with the lack of damage :p.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

WvW Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

There are many builds that are viable for roaming as a Mesmer, if you wanna have REALLY good survivability, go with condi+stealth (also known as the 20/20/30/0/0 condition build).

Try this build, it’s really fun to play and after some practice, facing 2-4 enemies at one time shouldn’t be a problem.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Build-The-Blackwater-Mesmer-Condition-WvW/first

oZii was probably also talking about this build. Concerning speed: Swapping to focus when out of combat, blinking and 180° phase retreating will speed you up if necessary.
I’m using far reaching manipulations (Dueling trait 1 instead of 3) and Arcane thievery instead of veil, to be even faster and have some tools against other condi classes.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

(edited by tetrodoxin.2134)

WvW Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: FirstBlood.7359

FirstBlood.7359

Just run 2 eles, coordinate well and you can get 20+ might stacks up at all times. This helps with the lack of damage :p.

A single Ele should be able to get 20 might stacks.

Most players in WvW just play their build, they don’t adapt to the meta. In sPvP necros completely destroy the ele, in WvW however competent condition necros are rare. Except for RTL, all changes to the ele only impacted the profession in sPvP. ANet even splitted some traits/skills such as cleansing water.

I cannot recall having met a good roaming mesmer. They are either too tanky and lack damage, or too bursty and squishy.

Tz tz

WvW Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Tried Engie?
I only roam on all classes, main an ele. Engie is close to the fun of an ele, but with added survivability/damage etc.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

WvW Roamers

in WvW

SAKRAY.3690

Yea guildmates also suggested Engi because it has similar playstyle to that of an Ele so def. a thing I should try out as well then. Are they good 1v1/2 in WvW though? Also since I was out for a month or 2 how are those Regen Warriors now? Did Anet do anything to them or are they still tanky as hell

Ichigo Bushi ~ Warrior

WvW Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Moon.6371

Moon.6371

I`d say engi and necro would the most challenging choices, but very powerful if played well in any roaming setup (solo, duo, smallgrp).

Warrior is at the moment one of the easiest and most powerful choices, just play mace/shield & GS (+heal signet, bersi stance, bulls charge and endure pain), learn to time your skullcracker for stun and GS switch for burst and escape.

Ranger can be very effektive as well, in particular when specced for mobility, condition, toughness and healing.

Memsers are traditionally good at roaming since release, never a bad choice. Just switch to rune of the traveller to make up for lack of ooc speed.

To run solo as a guard can be quite challenging, but is possible as well, lack of non-utility mobility is its biggest weakness.

To sum it up, every class can be good at roaming, if you choose the right gear, traits and take your time to master it. It`s just that some are more challenging due to lack of mobility and/or panic buttons to mitigate damage.

Best regards

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

WvW Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: youch.2130

youch.2130

Same situation. I played elementalist, switch to staff support build and stopped having fun when roaming or playing with small pick up groups.

I created a warrior and am having a great time. My elementalist will be for organized play and my warrior will be for solo/pug.

You will want the trait for speed boost when wielding mele. Not as fast as elementalist but better than no perma speed.

EBay/CoF

WvW Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

Memsers are traditionally good at roaming since release, never a bad choice. Just switch to rune of the traveller to make up for lack of ooc speed.

This. Also you can perma swiftness with Centaur runes but it is a lot of effort with spamming heals and switching to different heals for roaming and combat.

I have just switched to Traveller runes and they are epic on a Mesmer. Just zoom about all day.

WvW Roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Yea guildmates also suggested Engi because it has similar playstyle to that of an Ele so def. a thing I should try out as well then. Are they good 1v1/2 in WvW though? Also since I was out for a month or 2 how are those Regen Warriors now? Did Anet do anything to them or are they still tanky as hell

Re:Regen warriors, they`re worse then ever, for anyone trying to kill them ;p
As for engie, you can put speedy kits & keep spamming that every few seconds for perma speed.
I`ve found they can go more towards dps/conditions then ele because of built in survibility, whereas ele has to go tanky & spend ages trying to wear someone down, which just gets tedious fast.
As for 1v1/1v2 definitely, I`ve killed like that whilst still not really knowing wtk I`m doing & known my ele would`ve died in some cases, engie has survived.
Take RTL, stunned you`re dead because it is a kittene spell, when pop F1 heal & engie boots, you get aoe heal & stun break in one
Downed state is crap, but slightly less then eles..

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

(edited by Fishbait.6723)