WvW Season 2 Reward Suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

whilst I felt the rewards of S1 were a bit lacking, it did give me a bit of thought as to where things went wrong. I know alot of the dedicated WvW players honestly didn’t mind or care, but I would like to see the area of the game taken more seriously for what it’s meant to be. Overall I felt that it was the randomness element of the meta was what really brought it down. Instead here’s what I think would be a better setup:

META:
-Exclusive Cosmetic Reward(s)
-Rank Placement Finisher (If applicable)
-Title associated with Meta or Server Rank
-Account Bound Select Stat Exotic Set
There shouldn’t be any RNG involved with the meta reward and it should stay that way. This allows everyone to be on equal footing in all regards in the end without luck involved.

To supplement this, much like how some of the achievements were in S1, these should be what comes from the result for the bulk for the hard work involved for fighting the good fight. These should roughly contain;
- 1 to 10 random siege blueprints
- 10 to 25 silver
- 1 to 5 random trap blueprints
- 1 to 3 rares
- 1 Taste of WXP
- 10 to 50 Badges of Honor
- Chance for Siege Master’s Guide
- Chance for Exotic item

The reward amounts could be adjusted accordingly, was just a quick rough guideline, could be more or less depending. These would instead be placed on the individual achievements. Personally I think it would be best to reward these on every achievement tier and not just a select few. It would encourage people to do more than just a chosen bunch. This would encourage effort in all fields and reward for continued participation even after the meta is complete.
As noticed, most of the rewards are WvW based, to encourage use of such resources continually to help the server, especially in ranking. Other things could likely be added, but the RNG aspect should remain in the secondary progress chests. Not the Meta. Reward for progress overall in doses.

Merely my $0.02 on the issue. Been brainstorming trying to think of a happy medium where those who want to can aim for what they know will be coming and encourage more people to invest in WvW rather than merely grind for it at the promise of possibly something more.

Duty is heavier than death.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

If anyone was like me they were expecting new skins. Weapon skins, Armor skins, Back pieces. Exclusive Finishers All we got was Dragon chest clutter
Hopefully Anet will learn from this and not treat a 7 week event like dirt.
If anet wants to make it feel rewarding they should of introduced some kind earnable skins.
Give people special tokens for Weapon/Armor/Back pieces based on how they did. Higher ranks get more, lowers get some but less. Then introduce those special token that can be earned once a week depending how your server finishes in its match, giving people a motivation to push harder to win but at the same time not cut them off from the new skins.

#ELEtism

in WvW

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

An Ascended Weapon of your choice with the stat array of your choice. It has an awesome skin with particle effects. Make it Account Bound.

in WvW

Posted by: Aethilmar.3951

Aethilmar.3951

An Ascended Weapon of your choice with the stat array of your choice. It has an awesome skin with particle effects. Make it Account Bound.

No.

I am a bit surprised they didn’t have better cosmetic rewards but anything that can be seriously used in WvW should (somewhat ironically) not be a reward for winning the WvW season as it would just continue to throw off balance.

The character leveling scrolls were a nice touch. BTW, I’d probably just pay for some of those outright.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Not a chance. Ascended grind is Anet’s new baby and they will not give it up.