WvW Servers needs rehash

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: mysticque.6182

mysticque.6182

Arenanet needs to reset the servers so that inactive players are not counted towards cap. I have several friends I’m trying to bring in to Blackgate and the server is always full. Meanwhile, the battlegrounds is completely empty other than reset day. Everytime I login we have 2-3 BL that is always outnumbered. Arenanet you need to fix this so we can have more balance fight. JQ and TC are only in T1 because they can obviously field the entire Battlegrounds with no setbacks.

Blackgate Power
Mysticque

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

1/5 of my guild is now made up of people not on my server, trying to transfer in.

It’s frustrating, but gotta deal. The server cap has got to be raised sooner or later, when 1/4 of the NA servers are on Full status.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Do you have any definitive facts that show that is indeed how their process works?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

mysticque.6182

Do you have any definitive facts that show that is indeed how their process works?

Yes just keep an eye on my twitch or go check out our BL if you have GM mode. Otherwise, if they can’t find a solution to this issue they should just allow guest invites that allow invitees to come and help the host BL.

Blackgate Power
Mysticque

(edited by mysticque.6182)

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

The server cap should on a map once all the servers are que’d for that map. It doesn’t make sense when one server is que’d for a map while the other 2 have barely 10 people on the map.

I’m on TC and I can vouch for the Mysticque as to BG’s status. It’s not uncommon to see barely any BG around on at least 2 out of the 4 maps. TC is no different, outside of prime time, were flaunting that outnumbered buff like nobody’s business on 3 out of the 4 maps.

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: expandas.7051

expandas.7051

I’ve heard similar complaints about the emptiness of “full” servers towards other servers, most recently Dragonbrand. Addressing this issue might require an even larger overhaul of the home server system than the megaserver update last year. We can only hope that developers behind the scenes are working hard to dissociate server statuses with players that are inactive with WvW. If this really is a deal-breaker for you and your friends, have you considered transferring to lower tier servers in T3-T5?

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

What can we do? Who here in the top tier servers will be willing to pay 1800 gems to go to lower servers?

This is the making of both anet’s negligence and our own greed.
If you dont like it pay the 1800 gems, cos that’s the only way we’re ever going to get fresh matchups! By moving server ourselves!

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

mysticque.6182

What can we do? Who here in the top tier servers will be willing to pay 1800 gems to go to lower servers?

If you dont like it pay the 1800 gems, cos that’s the only way we’re ever going to get fresh matchups! By moving server ourselves!

actually thats an idiotic suggesstion. who would actually pay 1800 gems just to be on another server that might actually have the same symptoms.

Blackgate Power
Mysticque

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Instead of stacking more on tier 1 servers, you guys could easily get into tier 3 and below…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

actually thats an idiotic suggesstion. who would actually pay 1800 gems just to be on another server that might actually have the same symptoms.

People with jobs… Or people who don’t wait for other people to fix their problems for them.

My transfer list: GoM, FA, GoM, IOJ, GoM, CD, IOJ, FA, IOJ, FA over 3 years now?

Was it worth following the fights? Yes, yes it was.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Arenanet needs to reset the servers so that inactive players are not counted towards cap. I have several friends I’m trying to bring in to Blackgate and the server is always full. Meanwhile, the battlegrounds is completely empty other than reset day. Everytime I login we have 2-3 BL that is always outnumbered. Arenanet you need to fix this so we can have more balance fight. JQ and TC are only in T1 because they can obviously field the entire Battlegrounds with no setbacks.

The problem isn’t that BG has a lack of players. It’s that BG has a lack of players playing RIGHT NOW. So you have to deal with a deadzone atm, but then once a season rolls around, or the expansion hits you have giant queues again. I played for a year on BG, and it was maddening how the players just stopped. There was a huge recruiting effort. Players moved wholesale to BG, and then all of a sudden there were giant queues again.

Add to that the whole idea of “Push Weeks” that T1 has going on now, and it’s no wonder people have lost some interest.

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

mysticque.6182

The problem isn’t that BG has a lack of players. It’s that BG has a lack of players playing RIGHT NOW. So you have to deal with a deadzone atm, but then once a season rolls around, or the expansion hits you have giant queues again. I played for a year on BG, and it was maddening how the players just stopped. There was a huge recruiting effort. Players moved wholesale to BG, and then all of a sudden there were giant queues again.

Add to that the whole idea of “Push Weeks” that T1 has going on now, and it’s no wonder people have lost some interest.

My point is regardless of season or not T1 servers shouldn’t have locked servers if the Borderlands aren’t not even capped. That or they should allow guest invites for wvw purposes so we can invite friends to fill the spots that are empty considering TC or JQ are usually full on their BLs.

Blackgate Power
Mysticque

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: xivor.8754

xivor.8754

Quick, quick… Everyone on BG bandwagon to the next highest non-full server and pull an HoDB!!!

Maybe we need an SBGI? Or a MaBG?

Commander Combat Medic Barbie
Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE] – http://christianfire.enjin.com
Proud Community Member of Northern Shiverpeaks – http://northernshiverpeaks.org

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Quick, quick… Everyone on BG bandwagon to the next highest non-full server and pull an HoDB!!!

Maybe we need an SBGI? Or a MaBG?

Or a Henge of Dragongate?

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

8 vs 1000? sounds good. can we get this matchup pls?

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Kaiser.9873

My point is regardless of season or not T1 servers shouldn’t have locked servers if the Borderlards aren’t not even capped. That or they should allow guest invites for wvw purposes so we can invite friends to fill the spots that are empty considering TC or JQ are usually full on their BLs.

My point is that there is not a lack of players. There is a lack of players playing WvW atm. All a mass recruiting effort would do is to place more people on the server, resulting in terrible, horrible, very bad queues when those players hibergating decide to play again. This is patently unfair for people that spend gems to move to BG, and then get locked out of WvW later.

Dragonbrand is in freefall right now, and they are still locked. It may be time for a shakeup at the top. Nothing stays as static as T1 has forever.

Perhaps if T1 servers decided to push all the time, instead of every third week or whatever, and BG players saw that they were going to fall out of T1 if they didn’t get into the game your BLs would fill up again.

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

mysticque.6182

My point is regardless of season or not T1 servers shouldn’t have locked servers if the Borderlands aren’t not even capped. That or they should allow guest invites for wvw purposes so we can invite friends to fill the spots that are empty considering TC or JQ are usually full on their BLs.

My point is that there is not a lack of players. There is a lack of players playing WvW atm. All a mass recruiting effort would do is to place more people on the server, resulting in terrible, horrible, very bad queues when those players hibergating decide to play again. This is patently unfair for people that spend gems to move to BG, and then get locked out of WvW later.

Dragonbrand is in freefall right now, and they are still locked. It may be time for a shakeup at the top. Nothing stays as static as T1 has forever.

Perhaps if T1 servers decided to push all the time, instead of every third week or whatever, and BG players saw that they were going to fall out of T1 if they didn’t get into the game your BLs would fill up again.

Your argument is not acceptable at all… and if you think it is then the more reason they need to rehash the servers. You are saying since Blackgate is taking a break right now. JQ and TC are free to roll our maps like they are doing now and let the rest of the server to sink down until the release of new Seasonal events. That or they transfer to another server if they can’t handle the heat? I think this is the most childish suggestion I’ve ever heard. First of all, not everyone wants to leave Blackgate or any other server if they have attachment and committed to the server. Not everyone likes to go roaming around and keep looking for new people that you might like/dislike consequently. Second of all, why would we leave BG if there aren’t enough players on our BL already??? Not everyone is stupid enough to think the same.

I’ve heard similar complaints about the emptiness of “full” servers towards other servers, most recently Dragonbrand. Addressing this issue might require an even larger overhaul of the home server system than the megaserver update last year. We can only hope that developers behind the scenes are working hard to dissociate server statuses with players that are inactive with WvW. If this really is a deal-breaker for you and your friends, have you considered transferring to lower tier servers in T3-T5?

Otherwise, dissociating inactive players from their home BL would definitely free up the high queues or at least they can revert the queues similarly to original structure but with the option to choose a home BL.

Blackgate Power
Mysticque

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

coglin.1867

Yes they should.

They advertised the game around the concept of taking time off and being able to come back and reintegrate with your friends at anytime. You are being selfish and demanding Anet change the games casual intentions for your own personal needs. In my opinion, players of that greed level are what the servers are imbalanced in the first place.

If you want a less casual experience, in which anyone who takes time to do something else they enjoy, loses their spot on a server, go play one of those game. Stop trying to ruin this one.

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Kaiser.9873

Your argument is not acceptable at all… and if you think it is then the more reason they need to rehash the servers. You are saying since Blackgate is taking a break right now. JQ and TC are free to roll our maps like they are doing now and let the rest of the server to sink down until the release of new Seasonal events. That or they transfer to another server if they can’t handle the heat? I think this is the most childish suggestion I’ve ever heard. First of all, not everyone wants to leave Blackgate or any other server if they have attachment and committed to the server. Not everyone likes to go roaming around and keep looking for new people that you might like/dislike consequently. Second of all, why would we leave BG if there aren’t enough players on our BL already??? Not everyone is stupid enough to think the same.

Otherwise, dissociating inactive players from their home BL would definitely free up the high queues or at least they can revert the queues similarly to original structure but with the option to choose a home BL.

I’m not saying leave BG. Don’t try to put word in my mouth. Why does BG have a RIGHT to stay T1? Being in T1 is not something that BG is entitled to, and if they can’t do the work to stay there, for whatever reason they don’t need to stay. If BG doesn’t have players playing right now then they deserve to get rolled by TC and JQ, and subsequently drop tiers. That’s how this game works. If YB players decided to take a long break then why should they stay in T2? They shouldn’t.

So since BG players decide to take a long break, ANet should change the rules to allow new players to move into BG? BG is no more entitled to a spot in T1 than any other server. So either get the players motivated to get into the BLs more than every other week, or drop.

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Change the rules because players take a break? Didn’t they advertise the game with the ability to leave and take breaks as a intended design and benefit?

Seems unreasonably selfish to me, to demand they change the rules for your personal convenience, and hose everyone else for playing casually, as the game was designed and advertised.

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

BG still pretty populated.

Please fix the “Very High” status on low tier servers and “Full” status on the two mid tier servers.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I’m not saying leave BG. Don’t try to put word in my mouth. Why does BG have a RIGHT to stay T1? Being in T1 is not something that BG is entitled to, and if they can’t do the work to stay there, for whatever reason they don’t need to stay. If BG doesn’t have players playing right now then they deserve to get rolled by TC and JQ, and subsequently drop tiers. That’s how this game works. If YB players decided to take a long break then why should they stay in T2? They shouldn’t.

So since BG players decide to take a long break, ANet should change the rules to allow new players to move into BG? BG is no more entitled to a spot in T1 than any other server. So either get the players motivated to get into the BLs more than every other week, or drop.

I am afraid you got it all wrong.

It’s not like players from other servers don’t recruit or don’t motivate their players to play. It is normal for some of your players to afk and some of your players to transfer away. However, being full means you will get very few transfer ins. So over time, it will cause a decrease of WvW population.

This is something that is completely controlled by Anet not any of the players.

To make things worse, it is never easy to get a bit of change up of your matchup with current glicko system. BG players might prefer to play some of the other T2 T3 servers, but they won’t be able to unless they deliberately tank a few weeks. This is not something healthy for the game either.

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Exciton.8942

Since the currrent server choice only matters to WvW players, the server status should really be implemented in a way to reflect the server’s WvW population.

The current status of server means absolutely nothing to players and provides no helpful information regarding choosing a server.

e.g. Full server should be those with high number of queues so that players don’t mindless transfer there for endless of queues.

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Exciton.8942

Also, regarding YB.
You are healthy only because you are one of the two not full servers in top 6. I am pretty sure there are YB players who also take breaks and transfer away. The only thing that keeps your server healthy is that players can transfer in.

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

mysticque.6182

Yes they should.

They advertised the game around the concept of taking time off and being able to come back and reintegrate with your friends at anytime. You are being selfish and demanding Anet change the games casual intentions for your own personal needs. In my opinion, players of that greed level are what the servers are imbalanced in the first place.

If you want a less casual experience, in which anyone who takes time to do something else they enjoy, loses their spot on a server, go play one of those game. Stop trying to ruin this one.

How is this ruined in any sense??? They have done server rehash in the past and they can do it again.

Blackgate Power
Mysticque

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

mysticque.6182

I think you are missing the point. Spot the word “Outnumbered” in my posts before you try to encapsulate that we are not even trying in T1. We wipe TC and JQ very often even with inadequate numbers but to cover it all in our maps is just complete foolishness since we can barely cap one map due to too many accounts already sitting in BG, namely separate accounts from other server for spying and discrepancy purposes.

Blackgate Power
Mysticque

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

reset all Glicko with every tourney, offer free transfers….

/popcorn

CCCP….

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

dancingmonkey.4902

How is this ruined in any sense??? They have done server rehash in the past and they can do it again.

By punishing players for returning from a break by having servers overstocked. By punishing players for having taken a break in the first place.

Can you post proof of your claim? Your claiming they rehashed servers in the manner stated? Where the intentionally refused to count accounts on a server, toward its population? Vy all means share some evidence of that please.

For that matter, you have yet to offer any evidence about how they calculate populations, but you have made multiple claims about it.

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

And while we’re at it, reset the glicko, too! Lets have a full reset! That would be so much fun. A battle to the top (LOL, Just saw what you said Trajan :P <3 )

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

dancingmonkey.4902

And while we’re at it, reset the glicko, too! Lets have a full reset! That would be so much fun. A battle to the top (LOL, Just saw what you said Trajan :P <3 )

Explain what you mean there?

How would that place servers to initiate this? Would it potentially place T1 servers against lower tiers? Making all the matches horrible for everyone for weeks until the tiers settle out in the scoring system?

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

WvW servers should not be connected to PvE server selection in any way. i see no reason for PvE to even have a server selection when megaservers etc have made it redundant.

WvW is the only place where you really need to pick a server to represent and then put it’s own cap on that to create a much more even spread of players amongst the WvW servers, and before the PvE guys complain about not being to get WvW rewards they can do a soft represent or “support X server” without actually being an active WvW player, by this i mean instead of represent in WvW on the field they can support the server they like and transfering support should cost half the amount it costs to physically transfer WvW server you fight for.

There i just fixed WvW population and queues.

Shame Anet didn’t think of this a few years ago.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

dancingmonkey.4902

WvW servers should not be connected to PvE server selection in any way. i see no reason for PvE to even have a server selection when megaservers etc have made it redundant.

WvW servers are not connected to PvE. So it isn’t a problem. PvE does not have a server selection screen, so I have no idea what you mean with that statement. Although it is a fact that some players PvE, PvP, and WvW, others stick to one. Still others play two out of the three. Some will eventually try some of the others.

WvW is the only place where you really need to pick a server to represent and then put it’s own cap on that to create a much more even spread of players amongst the WvW servers, and before the PvE guys complain about not being to get WvW rewards they can do a soft represent or “support X server” without actually being an active WvW player, by this i mean instead of represent in WvW on the field they can support the server they like and transfering support should cost half the amount it costs to physically transfer WvW server you fight for.

Okay, and what about players who regularly play both? As far as I can tell, your making irrational assumptions by working under the context that every player that steps foot in PvE or WvW sticks exclusively to that game mode only. That is not a informed way to view this, in my opinion.

If by “fixed”, you mean you made many assumptions, and prejudgments of players, by implying they stick exclusively to one game mode only, when there is absolutely no evidence of that, then sure. None of that solves any problems in any way what so ever.

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Kaiser.9873

I think you are missing the point. Spot the word “Outnumbered” in my posts before you try to encapsulate that we are not even trying in T1. We wipe TC and JQ very often even with inadequate numbers but to cover it all in our maps is just complete foolishness since we can barely cap one map due to too many accounts already sitting in BG, namely separate accounts from other server for spying and discrepancy purposes.

And yet every few weeks BG actually manages to WIN the T1 matchup. I get it JQ has more players in WvW week in and week out than BG does, however BG has been known as Hibergate for a long while now. If seasons started tomorrow all BLs would be queued for BG with a long wait. How is this fair for any player that spends the gems/cash to move to BG right now?

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Kaiser.9873

Also, regarding YB.
You are healthy only because you are one of the two not full servers in top 6. I am pretty sure there are YB players who also take breaks and transfer away. The only thing that keeps your server healthy is that players can transfer in.

YB has also been very limited in paying for guilds to move to YB. The number of guilds that have received assistance is literally less than a handful, and the assistance has been from individuals rather than a warchest.

BG’s issue is all the guilds that either moved there on their own, or were helped to move there, and then go on vacation, or retire their players on BG knowing they can come back whenever and play T1.

Perhaps if those players realized they were in danger of having their retirement home drop tiers they would come back and play the game.

The point is that BG is not entitled to a spot in T1, and trying to make ANet change the rules to benefit BG is patently unfair to every other server that has been through the population lock, and suffered for it.

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

Explain what you mean there?

How would that place servers to initiate this? Would it potentially place T1 servers against lower tiers? Making all the matches horrible for everyone for weeks until the tiers settle out in the scoring system?

Resetting the glicko, then allowing free server transfers (since the server you are on ONLY matters in WvW these days) would allow the servers to shift. Maybe those on Tier 2 and 1 dont want to really be there, but the lower servers are dead. It would allow for a free re-balance to the server tiers.

It very well could help, or it would stay exactly the same. It would still be interesting to try it out and see if a better balance could happen.

Imagine a WvW where the servers are balanced in population, so you could fight more servers, more frequently, instead of this lame match up week after week.

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

dancingmonkey.4902

Okay. You mean it in the context of free transfer’s. I didn’t catch that part earlier. I doubt it would do much, but eh, I guess it couldn’t hurt.

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

WvW servers are not connected to PvE. So it isn’t a problem. PvE does not have a server selection screen, so I have no idea what you mean with that statement. Although it is a fact that some players PvE, PvP, and WvW, others stick to one. Still others play two out of the three. Some will eventually try some of the others.

Okay, and what about players who regularly play both? As far as I can tell, your making irrational assumptions by working under the context that every player that steps foot in PvE or WvW sticks exclusively to that game mode only. That is not a informed way to view this, in my opinion.

If by “fixed”, you mean you made many assumptions, and prejudgments of players, by implying they stick exclusively to one game mode only, when there is absolutely no evidence of that, then sure. None of that solves any problems in any way what so ever.

Point 1 – you misread or misunderstood what i meant, i meantt hat when you start playing the game for the first time then selecting a server other than your region shouldn’t be an option and with mega servers is redundant in PvE.

WvW server selection would be made available when you first open the WvW panel with a list of servers that have a population indicator with a warning next to ones marked “high” such as “joining this server to represent in WvW may result in long queue times, please consider choosing a lower population server” and then an eventual cap and a sizable cap at that because alot of people will want to play WvW etc.

I know some people do one or the other and both, i’m one of them but this method would reduce the problem of tier one server only being teir 1 because of population and nothing more.

Point 2 – Don’t see how your point is valid to be honest because i’m not and have not said you play one or the other, the system i propose would have a cap for each servers active WvW population 9Which would have to be large obviously) to encourage spread people across all servers.

Point 3 – This isn’t a set of prejudgments or assumptions it’s simply fact that if you cap all the WvW servers at a certain number then a more even spread of active WvW players would be achieved, i have no idea wtf you’re actually getting unless you misread or misunderstood my proposal which i can only assume you did as this is a sensible option, but then again you’ll probably just report me for disagreeing with you.

God forbid someone actually comes up with a simple idea that could help the huge difference not in skill but population between t1 and t3 servers. You’re simply trying to invalidate my point without adding an option to fix the issue yourself. Clearly i did not explain it well enough but i’m tired of trying to explain things to people wh osimply don’t put the effort in.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

WvW Servers needs rehash

in WvW

coglin.1867

Simple idea, well maybe. That doesn’t make it good. Your confusing your subjective opinion with that of objective fact. In my opinion, there is no need or justification for disallowing players to align with a server when they come into the game. Now I can see an argument for offering that choice upon trying to enter WvW for the first time, over the option of doing so during character creation. That doesn’t make it a better idea, or even a good one. But we do not have the metrics to know how many new players delve into WvW, why they do, or how they determine their server choice.

Though you lost me a little bit when you claim someone else’s point as specifically invalid, and demand yours as helpful. You have no proof, or even evidence that either is true. It is reasonable for someone to suggest not putting such an artificial wall between the two game modes, where one does not exist at the moment. I think the idea of offering a server choice upon entering the WvW UI has potential, but you make it difficult to rally behind your suggest when you attack anyone who disagrees or questions any idea you have.

(edited by coglin.1867)