WvW Since HoT Was Released

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfvox.7854

Wolfvox.7854

First off I tip my hat to Anet for trying. However…I don’t think they can see the forest for the trees!

The fun factor for WvW has steadily declined since HoT was unleashed! I don’t care what the POLLS say…they are wrong! This LINKING is NOT the answer. It seems like Anet is dead set on bouncing the servers around till something fits!

For the life of me I don’t know why the servers are not just left as a singular entity and put an adjustable or floating map population limit in place. This has been suggested already many times and never really addressed by Anet.

Something like this might cause the ppl who like mindless Zerg/Blob/Mob fighting to change servers but that would be a choice.

I’m on a low WvW pop server and before the linking we at least had a few chances to win some weeks…of course we got stomped on the others but at least it was competitive sometimes. Since the linking we have finished second every week. I feel bad for the other HOST server that finished last every week. The server that finished first every week…I think I’ld be bored.

Any ways, this linking is not the answer. And Anets offer to BLOW UP the servers and start over isn’t the answer either. In fact I think that was pretty childish on Anets part to even suggest that!

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

The fun factor for WvW has steadily declined since HoT was unleashed! I don’t care what the POLLS say…they are wrong! This LINKING is NOT the answer. It seems like Anet is dead set on bouncing the servers around till something fits!

So what you’re saying is that you’re right and the majority are wrong by saying that the polls are wrong. Anet is dead set on trying to balance populations better by linking servers together to have similar populations.

For the life of me I don’t know why the servers are not just left as a singular entity and put an adjustable or floating map population limit in place. This has been suggested already many times and never really addressed by Anet.

The reason servers are not left as a single server is because the game is almost 4 years old, populations of all servers that were rank 10 and below were so small that finding enemies was a challenge in itself.

Something like this might cause the ppl who like mindless Zerg/Blob/Mob fighting to change servers but that would be a choice.

Yes – that already happened, most people moved up to the upper tiers for fights and better zergs, when that happened the bottom tiers all fell to pieces and a group of 3 people could successfully flip a whole map with no issue. It was a PvDoor fest in T5 and below. My source? I had one of my accounts on Borlis Pass and played it regularly. It was boring.

I’m on a low WvW pop server and before the linking we at least had a few chances to win some weeks…of course we got stomped on the others but at least it was competitive sometimes. Since the linking we have finished second every week. I feel bad for the other HOST server that finished last every week. The server that finished first every week…I think I’ld be bored.

What is competitive about a single person being able to change the whole outcome of a match? In Borlis Pass before the linking, I could tag up and take a whole enemy borderland with little to no resistance. So me alone tagging up resulted in that taking place. I probably only had 4 followers because it was a dead server, but what exactly do you think is fun about just ktraining all of the time? PvDoor is boring, no fights is boring.

Any ways, this linking is not the answer. And Anets offer to BLOW UP the servers and start over isn’t the answer either. In fact I think that was pretty childish on Anets part to even suggest that!

Linking is the answer. It brought the population closer together, it is promoting meeting new people which the MMO has always been about. It has helped SAVE WvW because it is worth playing when there are fights to a lot of people like myself.

I run a 3-8 man roaming group and we’re loving the fights with the server linking. It has been a blast. I don’t know what server you’re on or who you’re paired with but I think you should really give the people you’re paired with a chance and try to make some new friends and try playing WvW more competitively.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: Vonmanstein.3645

Vonmanstein.3645

Wow…………

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Anet really has no choice. If they had done something about the disastrous HoT release in a timely manner, then maybe some of those who had left might have come back. But they waited six months. So the only option now is to merge servers, which is what server linking is.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Mbe ANet should make a vote:

Was HoT a good thing for Wvsw:
1. Yes
2. No

They can start trolling themselves….the community is getting tired of doing it for them.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Queen of FA.7398

Queen of FA.7398

Maybe they are doing the linking for a while, so that later on these people on lower servers will fill up the higher ones by transferring?

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfvox.7854

Wolfvox.7854

Like I said…“Forest for the Trees” Some PPL are just so one sided and willing to be force fed whatever Anet is clueless about dishing out for the current week. It is really useless to post anything on these forums. All I was trying to say was that I didn’t know why MAP LIMITERS wasn’t an option. It wouldn’t hurt to try it and I know they can do it.

So I will let everyone else post their thoughts. I’m done. Flame on PPL get in your last jabs! LOL

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Like I said…“Forest for the Trees” Some PPL are just so one sided and willing to be force fed whatever Anet is clueless about dishing out for the current week. It is really useless to post anything on these forums. All I was trying to say was that I didn’t know why MAP LIMITERS wasn’t an option. It wouldn’t hurt to try it and I know they can do it.

So I will let everyone else post their thoughts. I’m done. Flame on PPL get in your last jabs! LOL

Lowering the map caps was and is not the option due to T1 NA and overstacker whining and catering to them. Though the situation in this regard is improving. They have to do eeeet gently …. lest they wake up the kids for another bout of tantrums.

As stated above by Josh XT, I am also originally from an original T8 NA server and have an alt acc on the low pop which I no longer even bother to log into due to the boredom of it.

To me WVW is most fun where there is utter chaos, situations go out of control, battle plans and kitten in general go sideways and everyone has to improvise on the fly to beat the odds. That is fun. And it is completely and totally impossible for any of this to happen whatsoever on the low pop servers.

Sure I occasionally roam or havoc, but only when there is nothing else to do or I have to work at weird hours and my playtime hours move to a dead or nearly dead timezone. Its kinda cool, for about half hour to an hour, then its just a bore. Not the bread and butter of WVW. I’d be almost better to go SPVP instead, if it wasn’t for conquest mode and boring kitten amulet system.

I don’t need to be on T1, but I sure as hell don’t want WVW to become nothing but roaming ground either. Both are bad for their own reasons, I just want regular, somewhat. not necessarily entirely, just somewhat population balanced super chaotic matches. Is that too much to ask ?

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

It is really useless to post anything on these forums.

Uh, I might be mistaken….but you seem to be posting here…..even went to the trouble of starting your own thread. Kind of undermines your entire thread and subject to then state that it is “really useless to post anything” just because the majority seem to disagree with you.

/shrug

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I am not even taking jabs or flaming, I just get so tired of people acting like WvW is such garbage when its in a better place right now than it has been in a LONG time.

I am not one sided, before they brought Alpine back, I was on this forum raging for them to get rid of DBL on a daily basis. They certainly ruined WvW for 7 months after HoT launch – but that is over now. They’re working to make it a better place and I have to give credit where it is due because of that. I think everyone else should too. There is a lot of hard work going in to making the majority of our player base happy, so much to the point that they’re even polling their community to find out exactly what we want.

In the MMO world, you don’t get much, if any, of a say in what goes into the development of the game. I have to give Anet a high five for caring about their community enough to actually poll us on what we want then putting what we want in place.

As a software developer myself, I know the feeling of “too many hands in my cookie jar” and it is a hard thing to please everyone. The best they can do is try to please the majority and hope that the minority will stick around. If you don’t like something, make suggestions. They’re listening.

Also I don’t know what you’re even saying about map limiters, maybe if you explain yourself and give a more in depth explanation of what you want, it might be a good enough idea to get voted on.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds