WvW Skillag is REAL, PLZ Do Something Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Chaser.2870

Chaser.2870

GW2 released summer 2012, this game almost 4 years old…
But there is still no solution WvW Skilllag when 3-server fight situation.
This skilllag is so painful and loss of motivation
Why Anet keep ignoring this? Technical limitation or what?

(edited by Chaser.2870)

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Theyre working on it right now. It was announced.

in WvW

Posted by: Faenar.8036

Faenar.8036

WvW was basically unplayable today. Even my weapons were switched after 3-4 seconds since I pushed the button.

Strangely, in PvE maps delay was only slightly noticeable, definitely less than 1 second.

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

^^^that^^^ sometimes 5-7 second delay.

Lag fix should be before cannons and repair hammers. Just saying.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

not to mention the random crashes…its borderline unplayable atm. I can’t even run file repair on the game without THAT crashing too.

[varX] Limitless Potential

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I wish Anet would invest into some servers with Intel Xeon-8890 v3 CPUs for tier 1 WvW bracket instead of wasting 200k on their pvp esport dream for price money. It feels like WvW is running on an Intel Atom CPU at the moment ;(

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

I wish Anet would invest into some servers with Intel Xeon-8890 v3 CPUs for tier 1 WvW bracket instead of wasting 200k on their pvp esport dream for price money. It feels like WvW is running on an Intel Atom CPU at the moment ;(

This. Lots of this. Wish Anet would realize that beating out DOTA and other moba’s is a pipe dream. Double down on WvW…because you have the WvW market cornered for the time being. Its only a matter of time before a group of players that love WvW/RvR come along and crowdfund a game that is BETTER…Oh wait thats right : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelot_Unchained

(edited by Brutal Augus.5917)

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Being on an ele worst nightmare, not only do I suck at ele but that EBG 3-way fight up near Pang… I go to press my stab. Nothing. Like 1k HP left, Heal? Nope. Swap attunements or use skills? Not a single one worked.

Only started working about 15 secs AFTER I got out of that mess.

ANet, please, for the love of all that is holy – fix the skill lag and zerg lag/server lag in general. It’s appalling. I love this game and I always will but sheesh, it really makes me grind my teeth having to either sit through that or leave the map entirely.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I don’t think they know what to do. Their unprofessional shuffling of papers and awkward you tube guild chat setting speaks volumes.

They have zero clue what they are doing. Watch them, read the body language, very easy to note. There is no plan or progress, HoT was it and the train derailed.

Now we go to knee jerk overactive mode, a common action of panic mode management.

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

cant be worse than thief’s 1 sec stealth attack nerf everytime we missed attack b/c of the lag we cant do anything for 1 sec.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Its only a matter of time before a group of players that love WvW/RvR come along and crowdfund a game that is BETTER…Oh wait thats right : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelot_Unchained

Searched on youtube, yep still at least 1-2 years away like we guessed the same 1-2 years ago, not sure why people keep bringing it up like its right around the corner.

in WvW

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

When he stop running u get lag

Attachments:

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

Its only a matter of time before a group of players that love WvW/RvR come along and crowdfund a game that is BETTER…Oh wait thats right : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelot_Unchained

Searched on youtube, yep still at least 1-2 years away like we guessed the same 1-2 years ago, not sure why people keep bringing it up like its right around the corner.

The same reason why I’m not sure people keep pointing out that it’s still in development like it’s never going to come out. See? I can do that too, now wheres my cookie you kitten?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The same reason why I’m not sure people keep pointing out that it’s still in development like it’s never going to come out. See? I can do that too, now wheres my cookie you kitten?

Your cookie failed its kickstarter goal and the money has been spent on a chocolate bar thats already been half eaten. No refunds.

Sorry.

Please fund my new project Cookie 2.0 instead, thats sure to succeed! If you pledge twice as much as for the last cookie I will throw in a half eaten chocolate bar as a preorder bonus (may or may not be available at time of release)!

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Your cookie failed its kickstarter goal and the money has been spent on a chocolate bar thats already been half eaten. No refunds.

Sorry.

Please fund my new project Cookie 2.0 instead, thats sure to succeed! If you pledge twice as much as for the last cookie I will throw in a half eaten chocolate bar as a preorder bonus (may or may not be available at time of release)!

As a Star Citizen’s backer this hit me hard as well. However I was still able to laugh so kitten hard. LOLOLOL

The truth does hurt, however it doesn’t make it any less true.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Sorry.

You are destroying his hopes and dreams. Let him dream about kickstarted games being able to overcome problems that a AAA studio with x10 the budget has trouble overcoming.

I am sure Camelot Unchained will be the greatest game of all time, just as soon as they get around to finishing the Alpha (in 2018).

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

I wouldn’t put all your faith in Camelot Unchained. Many legacy games that have created new iterations have bombed, but yes, I am also looking foward to its release.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

More like running on potatoes.

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

This may very well be a technological limitation more than a hardware issue (meaning it’s not easily solved by simply upgrading server hardware). GW2 is an action combat MMO, this means there’s more for the server to track. Every player movement, every dodge, every condi ticks, every boons, every blocks, reflects, active & passive procs, every stab strips and invulnerabilities, every positional leaps/teleports, etc.. I’m not sure if they will ever be able to fix the 3-way skills lag.

This issue used to be better, but there was also a time when boons, condi’s, and cc’s worked differently. There was less computations, now there’s more. While I do believe they’re always working on the skills lag issue, I feel it’s something they just say because what else are they going to say? No they aren’t working on it? I just don’t believe it’s something they can fix for WvW during those 3-way battles.

They’ve created a monster and they’ve added more onto the monster, and they’ll be adding even more to the monster next expansion. I see the issue getting worse not better. Even a game like WoW that uses much less pixels, a non-action based MMO, gets very laggy when you have 60 people battling in the same area (Ashran for an example). And 60, that’s like the numbers in a blob on just 1 side during a 3-way battle.

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

Sorry.

You are destroying his hopes and dreams. Let him dream about kickstarted games being able to overcome problems that a AAA studio with x10 the budget has trouble overcoming.

I am sure Camelot Unchained will be the greatest game of all time, just as soon as they get around to finishing the Alpha (in 2018).

It would seem you are trying to suggest that the entirety of the budget went into WvW…Which is not true at all lol anyone can see that.

Look, I would rather a company, whether it be AAA or not, take the time to make something polished instead of half finished. Right now we are essentially playing a game mode that is kitten. Doesn’t mean we don’t play it, nor does it mean that the game isn’t the best RvR around (atm)…nobody anywhere in this thread has said that. What I was TRYING to point out, is that there is so much demand for a well made RvR that millions of dollars are thrown at the idea by the community themselves. Perhaps the way I stated that was somewhat overzealous and I can see that the bulk of my meaning is lost on you people…can’t say I’m surprised, but come on. You can’t sit here with the cliff notes in your face and tell me the book doesn’t exist. I could have used other projects as my example, I only chose that one because it has been frequently mentioned on these forums compared to others regardless of the current state its in. To sit here and act like other entities aren’t trying to move in on this market and that there projects will never become finished projects or that 1-2 years won’t flash by in an instant is just abhorrently ignorant.

(edited by Brutal Augus.5917)