WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets are time gated...

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

And that is why this little experiment will fail.

PvE peeps aren’t going to want to spend weeks/months getting their heads bashed together to get these tickets, just like I have ZERO interest in running fractals forever to get that bit of crud back piece that doesn’t fit in with the rest of my armor anyway.

Personally, I’ll get the thing eventually because WvW is pretty much the only reason why I still play this game (and I’m not the only one, Mo).

I will look at this on the bright side though. Map-Q’s should be back to normal sometime later next week.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Klypto.1703

Klypto.1703

Yeah same for me only things I really want that I couldn’t get before are the mistforged armor and weapon skins. Compared to fractals though you can get items in mere days versus this system can take months to years no matter what your rank is lol. If anything those of us that exceed those restrictions on rank should be able to have additional ways of getting these tickets without being time gated. At the very least having the option of being able to get skirmishing tickets from skirmishing chests(something besides tactics to choose that would be useful). Just my 2 cents on the matter.

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

That is what I actually like about it. What it does is filter out people from PvE, who have no idea how to wvw and not willing to learn, out of wvw.

And on vice versa, People who normally do raid prolly dont want me in their raid squad either. since I know nothing about it and not interesting about it at all.

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Lol yea, I’m personally one of those pve scrubs who doesn’t know anything about anything that has been told a few times to kill myself and I am bummed the tickets are time gated but the backpiece is awesome, the game mode is awesome, and I’ve kind of always thought good things are worth waiting for. I’m biased towards hoping that they increase the tickets you can get or increase pip generation but that’s the impatient side of me lol. Feeling like Wayne from Wayne’s world looking into the window saying “oh yes… it shall be mine” lol

in WvW

Jirayu.5834

Lol yea, I’m personally one of those pve scrubs who doesn’t know anything about anything that has been told a few times to kill myself and I am bummed the tickets are time gated but the backpiece is awesome, the game mode is awesome, and I’ve kind of always thought good things are worth waiting for. I’m biased towards hoping that they increase the tickets you can get or increase pip generation but that’s the impatient side of me lol. Feeling like Wayne from Wayne’s world looking into the window saying “oh yes… it shall be mine” lol

PVEr are actually welcome in WvW. Only if they willing to learn how to do wvw properly.

If you are that kind of PVEr who know nothing about wvw and keep yelling back at anyone who tell any wvw sense to you. Yeah WvW is not where you should be.

Worst NSP Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

That is what I actually like about it. What it does is filter out people from PvE, who have no idea how to wvw and not willing to learn, out of wvw.

The “time gate” system does not filter them out. People do not need to know how to WvW for “playing the reward system”. They just have to know how the reward system works and how long they can afk before they have to refresh their activity/participation and the fastest way to increase rank (if they did not already maxed it in Eotm or the obsidium-farm)

Thats what I do not like about it.

in WvW

Jirayu.5834

The “time gate” system does not filter them out. People do not need to know how to WvW for “playing the reward system”. They just have to know how the reward system works and how long they can afk before they have to refresh their activity/participation and the fastest way to increase rank (if they did not already maxed it in Eotm or the obsidium-farm)

Thats what I do not like about it.

Yeah, That’s also true. didn’t thought about it.

Just keep seeing new comer complaining about how long it gonna take for this new armor/backpack. And some already went tru “kitten this sh. I’m out” already

Worst NSP Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

PVEr are actually welcome in WvW. Only if they willing to learn how to do wvw properly.

If you are that kind of PVEr who know nothing about wvw and keep yelling back at anyone who tell any wvw sense to you. Yeah WvW is not where you should be.

Thats honestly just me being snarky. I run a WvW meta build with the required gear (because if raiding for 9 years taught me anything it’s the importance of optimizing EVERYTHING lol). I started GW2 back in the beta weekends of 2012 playing wvw exclusively then died out because as much as the game mode was fun it didn’t feel rewarding and thus didn’t feel like a good use of my time. I like the new reward system and the new rewards that accompany it as the game mode DESERVES some bloody respect and love. Sadly every time I try to play Im met with blatant hostility for no other reason than I have not spent the majority of my time in one game mode. I’ve literally been told to hang myself to lower queue times… It’s not the reward difficulty that will drive me away, its feeling unwanted. But hey, what can you do? It’s the internet ROFL. Sorry for the rant, back to the OP!

(edited by Zalavaaris.5329)

in WvW

Jirayu.5834

Thats honestly just me being snarky. I run a WvW meta build with the required gear (because if raiding for 9 years taught me anything it’s the importance of optimizing EVERYTHING lol). I started GW2 back in the beta weekends of 2012 playing wvw exclusively then died out because as much as the game mode was fun it didn’t feel rewarding and thus didn’t feel like a good use of my time. I like the new reward system and the new rewards that accompany it as the game mode DESERVES some bloody respect and love. Sadly every time I try to play Im met with blatant hostility for no other reason than I have not spent the majority of my time in one game mode. I’ve literally been told to hang myself to lower queue times… It’s not the reward difficulty that will drive me away, its feeling unwanted. Sorry for the rant, back to the OP!

If you like WvW and willing to learn. xfer to nsp, it has softer atmosphere.

Worst NSP Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

should continue to get ticket from the diamond chest

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Thats honestly just me being snarky. I run a WvW meta build with the required gear (because if raiding for 9 years taught me anything it’s the importance of optimizing EVERYTHING lol). I started GW2 back in the beta weekends of 2012 playing wvw exclusively then died out because as much as the game mode was fun it didn’t feel rewarding and thus didn’t feel like a good use of my time. I like the new reward system and the new rewards that accompany it as the game mode DESERVES some bloody respect and love. Sadly every time I try to play Im met with blatant hostility for no other reason than I have not spent the majority of my time in one game mode. I’ve literally been told to hang myself to lower queue times… It’s not the reward difficulty that will drive me away, its feeling unwanted. But hey, what can you do? It’s the internet ROFL. Sorry for the rant, back to the OP!

Sorry to hear this.

Yeah, there are a lot of elitist folks out there who are very shortsighted. I know I and most of the people on my server would be happy to have any new player join WvW who is going to stick it out, try to learn, especially if you get in TS. I’d suggest to try to find a friendly guild to join so you have some people that got your back. Beyond that, transfer servers. I hope you stick with it and find some friendly folks.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.